PDA

View Full Version : Which Broncos would best represent this website?

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
On pnb's recommendation. Who do you think is (choose two) the MVP/player you want to see on the banner?

Ooops, I left out 'other', so feel free to select someone else on as your write-in candidate.

Edit no. 2: I thought about placing this in town hall, that's probably a better place for it. Maybe if you consider it a poll for which two current Broncos have best represented what it means to be a Bronco.

Third time's a charm: The intent is to replace the picture of Javon with a more suitable player picture.

MOtorboat
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Champ...unselfish and a team player. Best represents this forum, imo.

Uncle Buck
01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
On pnb's recommendation. Who do you think is (choose two) the MVP/player you want to see on the banner?

Well, just out of honor for their past service, I'd like to see Rod Smith and John Lynch.

BroncoWave
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I'd like to see B-Marsh on the new banner.

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I want BMarsh and Champ on there. My 2 favorite players, and they both are very good and play with heart.

Dean
01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
To truly represent this board (or any) I would need to know which of these players have multiple personality disorders.;)

Seriously, I wouldn't want anything more added to the banner. The bigger it becomes the less room for threads (once something goes to the second page for all practical purposes it is DOA) and posts. :eek:

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
To truly represent this board (or any) I would need to know which of these players have multiple personality disorders.;)

Seriously, I wouldn't want anything more added to the banner. The bigger it becomes the less room for threads (once something goes to the second page for all practical purposes it is DOA) and posts. :eek:

It's to replace Javon Walker, who is perhaps not the best choice as our symbol of the Broncos right now.

SR
01-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Where's the option for Preston Parsons?

Stand Ablaze
01-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Dumervil, DJ and Champ. They seem like soft spoken people who some can relate to.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Elway should represent every board. Just my opinion.

Tned
01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
How come Jake isn't an option? ;)

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
How come Jake isn't an option? ;)

Edited for accurate spelling. Thank me later..:D

Tned
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Edited for accurate spelling. Thank me later..:D

Yea, I was torn between asking about Howey Mandell and Jake, so I had a brain fart...

Skinny
01-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys. The veteran of the group should represent, and since DJ is already on it ... i beleive Champ is next in line ...

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Where's the option for Preston Parsons?

That dude has a serious warhead dome (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6173). I keep waitin for him to intercept SCUDs. Bad idea to broadcast that grill.

SR
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
That dude has a serious warhead dome (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6173). I keep waitin for him to intercept SCUDs. Bad idea to broadcast that grill.

He gets my vote. Dude looks like a Neanderthol.

pnbronco
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I vote for Champ and Lynch. I think they show leadership, have total class and incredible work ethics. They are the best of the best which is what is see on this board.

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
BMarsh and Doom.

Bright young players aimed for the future.

slim
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree with niner. Elway is still the face of the Broncos. Probably always will be.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree with niner. Elway is still the face of the Broncos. Probably always will be.

No one listens to me. But, yeah he should. :2thumbs:

slim
01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
No one listens to me. But, yeah he should. :2thumbs:

The only jersey I own :D

BOSSHOGG30
01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
D.J. Williams

He is a team player. As a first round pick with high expectations he could of complained about the way Denver used him, but he has been a team player and played hard for us every step of the way. He had a great rookie year only to be moved to a new position and less playing time then moved to middle linebacker where he had big shoes to fill. He lead the team in tackles and finished 2nd in the NFL in tackles.

slim
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
D.J. Williams

He is a team player. As a first round pick with high expectations he could of complained about the way Denver used him, but he has been a team player and played hard for us every step of the way. He had a great rookie year only to be moved to a new position and less playing time then moved to middle linebacker where he had big shoes to fill. He lead the team in tackles and finished 2nd in the NFL in tackles.

I thought you would say Tony Hunt :D

BOSSHOGG30
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I thought you would say Tony Hunt :D

lt wasn't an option, but if it was, we would be in the playoffs because he would have 1500 yards and 20 TD's:D

SmilinAssasSin27
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Jay passing to Marshall...w/ Champ covering. Make it happen.

fcspikeit
01-01-2008, 10:43 PM
John Elway and Jay Cutler

That will represent the past and present.

broncogirl7
01-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Champ or Doom!

Thnikkaman
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Got to go with J. Cutty and B. Marshall. Got to go with the future of this team since this board is looking like the future of the freak. (Even though it's a PHP board and is doomed to break)

UnderArmour
01-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Brodie Croyle. He'll be throwing us the ball a lot.

broncosfanscott
01-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Champ...unselfish and a team player. Best represents this forum, imo.

My thinking exactly and my choice as well.

Although you can't go wrong with any of the choices.

Tned
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
In addition to which Bronco (if we are going to change), we will need someone to create the image, or images. This one was done by Dream. He might have time to do another one, or someone else might.

OR

We could have several people make banners and then vote on which one(s) we like best.

Putting the dumb little hat and 2008 on the left and right of the banner is about the extent of my creative genius, so other's are going to have to chip in with the graphic help.

MOtorboat
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
In addition to which Bronco (if we are going to change), we will need someone to create the image, or images. This one was done by Dream. He might have time to do another one, or someone else might.

OR

We could have several people make banners and then vote on which one(s) we like best.

Putting the dumb little hat and 2008 on the left and right of the banner is about the extent of my creative genius, so other's are going to have to chip in with the graphic help.

If he can't, I probably can, tned...

frauschieze
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Hey, the background matches unlike the Christmas banner, so obviously, you're getting better. :D

Tned
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey, the background matches unlike the Christmas banner, so obviously, you're getting better. :D

Yea, I decided to do the new years one in the afternoon (4th qtr of bronco game), rather than 3 am with a bottle of wine in me, like with the Christmas stuff.

topscribe
01-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I voted for all of them. :D

-----

pnbronco
01-02-2008, 11:51 PM

Hey Tne I think that's a great idea. I have no tech skills but I love what I see on this board. I noticed that 40 members have voted. How many members do we have now? Maybe the banner gets changed if over 50 % of the members vote. Then have a date when the voting closes. So then have members submit a banner of the winning players by .......... and then have the voting open for a week. Just throwing out some thoughts.

fcspikeit
01-03-2008, 12:48 AM

OR

I think that sounds like a great idea Tned.

I know next to nothing about graphics so I would be very little help making the banners :D If we could get a few banners made, maybe one of each player on the list then we could vote for which one we like best. I really like the idea of past end present players, Like Elway and Cutler.

If we want to stay currant then I think we should do one of an offensive and defensive player. Maybe we should to our offensive and defensive leaders?

IMO, that would be Lynch or Champ on defense and Cutler or Marshall on offense. Just a thought :salute:

pnbronco
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
When I was reading today I noticed omac signature and the thought came up why not have everyone in the poll on a new banner. They have different strengths and bring something special, just like us. I know I thought of the vote in the first place, but as I read everyones posts I kept thinking that's a special group of guys. So maybe those that can come up with a banner and we vote on that. I didn't realize that there were over 300 members registered so going with a % to change it doesn't seem very realistic.

claymore
01-03-2008, 01:41 PM

Ooops, I left out 'other', so feel free to select someone else on as your write-in candidate.

Edit no. 2: I thought about placing this in town hall, that's probably a better place for it. Maybe if you consider it a poll for which two current Broncos have best represented what it means to be a Bronco.

Third time's a charm: The intent is to replace the picture of Javon with a more suitable player picture.
I would have to say a mix, with our future being Cutler, Marshall, Doom, DJ and Scheff. But thats just me.

We could use a Javon .gif for the Log out button though.

pnbronco
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I would have to say a mix, with our future being Cutler, Marshall, Doom, DJ and Scheff. But thats just me.

:laugh: :laugh:

SR
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM

That's got to be the smartest thing I've read that you have said. :beer: