PDA

View Full Version : Did the Chargers catch a BREAK?

Bronco Bible
01-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Playing the Titans with an injured VY,but you never know Norv is still the head-coach:laugh:

Uncle Buck
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Playing the Titans with an injured VY,but you never know Norv is still the head-coach:laugh:

Yeah, I was thinkin' the same thing, re Titans. I was hoping that SD got Cleveland.

SR
01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
That's ok, because if the Chargers beat the Titans, they get either Indy or New England.

Uncle Buck
01-01-2008, 12:47 PM
That's ok, because if the Chargers beat the Titans, they get either Indy or New England.

<rapidly rubbing hands together in *glee*!!>

Poet
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
This will be a rough game for the Chargers I think. They will still win the game, but VY is no joke, and if you blitz and you don't get there you could be in for a long day. The Chargers will not get past the second round, and I only really root for Gates and LT, not the Chargers. Here is hoping that Merriman breaks his damn leg.

frauschieze
01-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I, for one, will be hoping that the 1994 streak doesn't end here.

(I'd have to get new material)

BroncoBJ
01-01-2008, 08:06 PM

If the Chargers win they will get Indy.

But I think the Titans are better off without Vince.
Hes not that great.
If Kerry is starting I can see them winning this game.
I can still see them winning with Vince though because the Chargers have a worthless QB as well.

Poet
01-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Hes not that great.
I can still see them winning with Vince though because the Chargers have a worthless QB as well.

If Vince Young had guys who could catch the ball his numbers would be a lot better than they are now. Although, watching Collins of all forgotten QBs who have made the SB lead the Titans to a win was hysterical. Kerry Collins>Cleveland Browns!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

SR
01-02-2008, 03:04 AM

Hes not that great.

I haven't looked at the playoff brackets, so I have no clue who is playing who.

We're eye-to-eye on VY and I think they'd be better off starting Collins.

I have no doubt the Bolts will win, but Indy will hand them their ass in a paper lunch sack.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
I think the Chargers will rip Tenn a new one with or without VY

they are a better team, plain and simple and they have played well the last 6 games minus the lucky win over Indy, they rest they deserved to win

SR
01-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Adrianna Lima looks all distorted in your avy.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2008, 03:15 AM
Adrianna Lima looks all distorted in your avy.

Ill have to fix that, I was trying to fit it in the new pixel amts
and med is not that computer literate lol :laugh:

frenchfan
01-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Playing the Titans with an injured VY,but you never know Norv is still the head-coach:laugh:A Titans win would be even funnier then :D :cool: :laugh:

sanluis
01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Norv the Turd Turner swept Denver. How'd that feel? :confused:

and, it wasn't even close 64 to 6:eek:
:laugh:

We caught a brake when we beat the Colts. The Titan game will be a huge test IMO.

BigDaddyBronco
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
The Titans should have beat the Chargers the last time they played. Titans Dline was killing the Chargers offense most of the game.

It will depend on how healthy Haynesworth is and if the Titans can run the ball.

And I don't care if the Chuggers beat us twice this year. Until they win a game that matters (aka a playoff game), they don't matter.

SR
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM

We caught a brake when we beat the Colts. The Titan game will be a huge test IMO.

You can beat us two times per year every year if you want, but as long you guys get your ass beat in the playoffs, a la last year, I'm happy.

BigDaddyBronco
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM

Also when did you become a Chargers fan? The last couple of years I bet. When you can go to a Chargers-Broncos game in SD and they call it Mile High West that speaks volumes about the fan base.

Bronco fans have lived through 4 Super Bowl defeats most by blow-out before we won 2, and those of us that are old enough were still fans after losing 4 SB's. So we'll have our losing season and probably another tough season next year, but we'll be back and ALL of us will still be fans.

While the Chargers are just one LT knee injury away from being Mile High West again.

Enjoy another disapointing post season!

sanluis
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Also when did you become a Chargers fan? The last couple of years I bet. When you can go to a Chargers-Broncos game in SD and they call it Mile High West that speaks volumes about the fan base.

Bronco fans have lived through 4 Super Bowl defeats most by blow-out before we won 2, and those of us that are old enough were still fans after losing 4 SB's. So we'll have our losing season and probably another tough season next year, but we'll be back and ALL of us will still be fans.

While the Chargers are just one LT knee injury away from being Mile High West again.

Enjoy another disapointing post season!

LOL!! The Broncos have been a great team all the way back to 1977. Most of you guys haven't had to suffer through a losing season. Super Bowl defeats? boo flipping whoooo! It was so easy being a Bronco fan. Now we will see what you all are made of facing some adversity! I have been a Charger fan through many a sad season.

Mile high west? :laugh: Whatever.

SR
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Actually, our last losing season was 1999. I'm pretty sure everyone on this message board is at least nine years old.

BigDaddyBronco
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
LOL!! The Broncos have been a great team all the way back to 1977. Most of you guys haven't had to suffer through a losing season. Super Bowl defeats? boo flipping whoooo! It was so easy being a Bronco fan. Now we will see what you all are made of facing some adversity! I have been a Charger fan through many a sad season.

Mile high west? :laugh: Whatever.

True, the Broncos don't have many losing seasons and we have to lament over bad playoff losses. That is one of the reasons why the Broncos rock and the Chargers suck!

sanluis
01-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Actually, our last losing season was 1999. I'm pretty sure everyone on this message board is at least nine years old.

Well, I think my point is still valid. Two losing season in 12-13 years is pretty dam good. And There really weren't that many losing seasons going all the way back to 1977. That is when Denver became a great team. And that was way over 9 years ago Red!

True, the Broncos don't have many losing seasons and we have to lament over bad playoff losses. That is one of the reasons why the Broncos rock and the Chargers suck!

Sure then, but now Denver sucks!!!:D

BOSSHOGG30
01-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Chargers struggled the 1st go around with the Titans... I'm sure the Titans have some motivation to get them the 2nd go around. Plus, the Titans are a more difficult team to beat than the Cleveland Browns. The Browns defense is horrible and the Chargers offense matches up good against them, but the Titans have a good run defense and can put pressure on Rivers.

sanluis
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Chargers struggled the 1st go around with the Titans... I'm sure the Titans have some motivation to get them the 2nd go around. Plus, the Titans are a more difficult team to beat than the Cleveland Browns. The Browns defense is horrible and the Chargers offense matches up good against them, but the Titans have a good run defense and can put pressure on Rivers.

I agree 100%. The Titans will be a huge test. They are pissed they lost the last game when they could have won it. They ran out of gas in the 4th and your favorite QB Rivers tore them up to get the game to O/T.

The Chargers do play a lot better at home. They will need to play much better to get this win.

SR
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Well, I think my point is still valid. Two losing season in 12-13 years is pretty dam good. And There really weren't that many losing seasons going all the way back to 1977. That is when Denver became a great team. And that was way over 9 years ago Red!

It's good to see you proud to be a Chargers fan now. We'll talk again in 3-4 years when the Bolts are back in the same place they were 4-5 years ago.

sanluis
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM
It's good to see you proud to be a Chargers fan now. We'll talk again in 3-4 years when the Bolts are back in the same place they were 4-5 years ago.

I was born in San Diego. I will always be a Charger fan. So Yes, we will see. :D We will see if you can stand the next 4-5 years of rebuilding in Denver!!!:behindsofa:

SR
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I was born in San Diego. I will always be a Charger fan. So Yes, we will see. :D We will see if you can stand the next 4-5 years of rebuilding in Denver!!!:behindsofa:

I've been a Broncos fan since I was a sperm. That won't change. I'm as loyal as they come. Need I remind you that I'm also a Cardinals fan? If we want to compare loyalty, I think 19-20 years of being a Cardinals fan is about as loyal as they come.

sanluis
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I've been a Broncos fan since I was a sperm. That won't change. I'm as loyal as they come. Need I remind you that I'm also a Cardinals fan? If we want to compare loyalty, I think 19-20 years of being a Cardinals fan is about as loyal as they come.

LOL!! You got me there SeeingRed!! :lol::lol::beer:

in.the.game
01-02-2008, 03:29 PM
4-5 years is a bit of a stretch... Sounds like some **** somebody said after Elway retired and we had that losing season in '99. Didn't take too long for us to get back to competetive form then.

The Chargers are good because LT. The defense is good, period. They have some impressive, high energy guys, as well as a good coordinator. I give credit where it is due.

As far as the fans.

I'm married to a Charger fan, and I live in San Diego. I took the wife to the Denver/SD game and almost had to choke slam a couple of Bolt fans. But here are a couple of things for note.

1. I went to the Denver/SD game last year in Denver, and can honestly say, the stadium is better and the fans are better in Denver.
2. I took my wife to the Chicago/SD game earlier this year and the Monday Night game against Denver and based on those two visits she has concluded that most Bolt fans are obnoxious ******.

sanluis
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
4-5 years is a bit of a stretch... Sounds like some **** somebody said after Elway retired and we had that losing season in '99. Didn't take too long for us to get back to competetive form then.

The Chargers are good because LT. The defense is good, period. They have some impressive, high energy guys, as well as a good coordinator. I give credit where it is due.

As far as the fans.

I'm married to a Charger fan, and I live in San Diego. I took the wife to the Denver/SD game and almost had to choke slam a couple of Bolt fans. But here are a couple of things for note.

1. I went to the Denver/SD game last year in Denver, and can honestly say, the stadium is better and the fans are better in Denver.
2. I took my wife to the Chicago/SD game earlier this year and the Monday Night game against Denver and based on those two visits she has concluded that most Bolt fans are obnoxious ******.

1. Most people in San Diego (like you and your wife?) are from some place else. So be careful when you call them ******. They may have been your neighbor back home.:D

2. Denver's stadium is much newer and much better. No argument there.

in.the.game
01-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I didn't call them ****** :D she did. She's from here. I hail from Mars, not too many football fans come from there.

BroncoJoe
01-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Is the game sold out yet? Big time fans in SD, I'll tell ya....

broncosfanscott
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Is the game sold out yet? Big time fans in SD, I'll tell ya....

I think some of the tickets came available when it was know that is probably was going to rain during the game. I heard a Charger fan on the news blasting all those Charger fans who did sell their tickets because it was going to rain.