PDA

View Full Version : Broncos WR Marshall to fill in as TV host

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-marshallstvgig&prov=ap&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP)—Brandon Marshall is moonlighting as a television host for a week.

The Denver Broncos Pro Bowl wide receiver will fill in on “Sports Soup” on Versus next Tuesday night. The show compiles funny and eye-popping clips from around the sports world.

Marshall says he was looking for opportunities in TV to introduce fans to a different side of him. He plans to poke fun at the training camp tantrum that drew him a nine-day suspension.

Marshall has 29 catches for 332 yards and four touchdowns for the undefeated Broncos. He’ll shoot the episode next Tuesday morning.

topscribe
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I just hope BMarsh doesn't forget he has some football to play . . .

-----

Lonestar
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
ut oh see an EGO firing up here..

shank
10-27-2009, 05:27 PM
have fun brandon.

i'm not worried about him owning the raven's corners. he could probably go donate blood and STILL have a great day against them, and that's saying something.

honz
10-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Marshall won't be devoting his entire off day to the game of football? Trade him now!!!

Iron Horse72
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh no this has bad written all over.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Brandon will be just fine - this is being filmed on Tuesday - his day off - NEXT WEEK

Geez - once again, he is guilty until proven innocent by some :tsk:

topscribe
10-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Brandon will be just fine - this is being filmed on Tuesday - his day off - NEXT WEEK

No, as for me, I was only saying I hope he doesn't become distracted . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
No, as for me, I was only saying I hope he doesn't become distracted . . .

-----

I don't think so - sounds like this is a one time thing, if I understand correctly, and if it's next Tuesday, that is the Broncos long week as they have the Monday night game after Baltimore, against Pittsburgh.

TXBRONC
10-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't think so - sounds like this is a one time thing, if I understand correctly, and if it's next Tuesday, that is the Broncos long week as they have the Monday night game after Baltimore, against Pittsburgh.

It does sound like it's anything to be worried about.

BCJ
10-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh no this has bad written all over.

as long as he....
doesnt go under the Versus huge flag when they are folding it.
Give plasma right before he hosts.
Never use the phrase "Boom goes the Dynomite!"
If he sees the teleprompter, dont punch it.
He should be ok if he follows these rules.

Iron Horse72
10-28-2009, 01:04 AM
as long as he....
doesnt go under the Versus huge flag when they are folding it.
Give plasma right before he hosts.
Never use the phrase "Boom goes the Dynomite!"
If he sees the teleprompter, dont punch it.
He should be ok if he follows these rules.

And doesn't hit up McDonalds before the game.

Lonestar
10-28-2009, 02:00 AM
IMO he needs NO distractions, as he has shown in the past unable to stop from stepping on his own ****..

I realize that many think he is a new man and reinvented himself.. But I'm a firm believer that zebras do not change their spots..

Tned
10-28-2009, 07:31 AM
You guys do realize that while putting up back to back 100 reception seasons (I think one of only 9 or so players in NFL history to do so), he was routinely guest hosting the Jay Cutler show (when Jay wasn't available) or appearing on it?

That it is VERY common for football players to appear or host TV shows in the off season?

Like Carol said, guilty until proven innocent.

The level of Marshall bashing, even in the backhanded manner, is really silly.

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 07:42 AM
I don't see how this can be a distraction it's his freakin day off.

Tned
10-28-2009, 07:46 AM

It isn't a distraction, it's a chance for the usual suspects to bash him. Same old, same old.

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
It isn't a distraction, it's a chance for the usual suspects to bash him. Same old, same old.

Sad but true. :sad:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2009, 09:43 AM

It also comes in the week where we do not play our next game UNTIL Monday night.

And, from the article:

Marshall says he was looking for opportunities in TV to introduce fans to a different side of him. He plans to poke fun at the training camp tantrum that drew him a nine-day suspension.

WOW - I am really glad that I started this thread :eek:

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
It also comes in the week where we do not play our next game UNTIL Monday night.

And, from the article:

WOW - I am really glad that I started this thread :eek:

Exactly, it comes on a long week and it's his day off. It seems to me his problems have come when he hasn't kept himself busy. I find him doing this show as more constructive than a lot other things he could do on his day off.

dogfish
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7813/smokeye.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/i/smokeye.jpg/)

"You got to be a stupid mutha ****** to get fired on yo' day off!"

Day1BroncoFan
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
As long as he doesn't give blood on the same day he should be fine.

Lonestar
10-28-2009, 01:26 PM

just how many times does this immature kid have to kick you in the groin before Y'all get it, it is all about BM..

is he that proficient in the playbook and have his routes down so tight that he does not need the time to get it locked down or perhaps he can just rest..

or maybe spend some time working on his timing with KO catching some passes....

not sure about you, but air travel is not only tiring but potentially dangerous with all the stuff spread around on flights.. we all know that on any given flight there is going to be atleast a few folks that are sick..

now I realize that sound extreme, but the facts are here his shit does stink and he needs to be in DEN more than he needs to be poking fun at himself..

let him re-invent him self on the field..

BCJ
10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
what we have above is Jrwiz. Geez. If McDaniels says it is OK, I am fine with it.

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 01:54 PM
what we have above is Jrwiz. Geez. If mcdaniels says it is ok, i am fine with it.

qft

BCJ
10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
You guys do realize that while putting up back to back 100 reception seasons (I think one of only 9 or so players in NFL history to do so), he was routinely guest hosting the Jay Cutler show (when Jay wasn't available) or appearing on it?

That it is VERY common for football players to appear or host TV shows in the off season?

OMG! Slow down Tiger. This is a message board for a mix of serious discussion, jokes, light handed comments and backhanded compliments. If Brandon did those things (like I listed), then they are game to be put onto a post. I dont have a problem of him hosting the show on his offday but I will be damned if you want us to forget his past. If he catches 10 balls for 130 yards this Sunday, he is our hero. If he then gets into an arguement with a lady friend and gets arrested, his past will be brought up. I think most have given him the benefit of the doubt concerning his play on the field, but we are still aware of his personality that can change any day. We are hoping for the best but are aware of the worst. Funny thing is that you dont want us to "bag" on him yet he will be doing that to himself on national tv. Way to think that one out sporto!

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 02:02 PM
OMG! Slow down Tiger. This is a message board for a mix of serious discussion, jokes, light handed comments and backhanded compliments. If Brandon did those things (like I listed), then they are game to be put onto a post. I dont have a problem of him hosting the show on his offday but I will be damned if you want us to forget his past. If he catches 10 balls for 130 yards this Sunday, he is our hero. If he then gets into an arguement with a lady friend and gets arrested, his past will be brought up. I think most have given him the benefit of the doubt concerning his play on the field, but we are still aware of his personality that can change any day. We are hoping for the best but are aware of the worst. Funny thing is that you dont want us to "bag" on him yet he will be doing that to himself on national tv. Way to think that one out sporto!

Sometimes those things can be over done.

Lonestar
10-28-2009, 02:11 PM

good post..

if someone says something negative about others hero's even if they have a really checkered past, we get blasted..

sometimes we need gentle reminders that BM and others are still trying to clean up there act..

had he not acted like a 11 year old and kicked the ball in the game a few weeks past it would be easier to believe he has re-invented himself and will never have incidents again..

BCJ
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
But Jrwiz, there is line between not forgetting his past and putting him on permanent restriction. I give leeway on going to Sports Soup but i still have my eye on him. He has great tools but his off the field antics do get annoying and are a concern. Let him have his fun on the show as he deserves that. If you bottle him up too much, he is the type to explode, lash out, etc.

Tned-Mobile
10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
But Jrwiz, there is line between not forgetting his past and putting him on permanent restriction. I give leeway on going to Sports Soup but i still have my eye on him. He has great tools but his off the field antics do get annoying and are a concern. Let him have his fun on the show as he deserves that. If you bottle him up too much, he is the type to explode, lash out, etc.

I have been tempted to respond, but you have been very effectively arguing both sides of this discussion. You prove that it isn't all black and white (even if you did bitch slap me a bit ;)). :salute:

BCJ
10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I have been tempted to respond, but you have been very effectively arguing both sides of this discussion. You prove that it isn't all black and white (even if you did bitch slap me a bit ;)). :salute:

yes, you two went to the extreme and I was able to play both sides and get rep on both ends by the same person. When I grow up or want to be a criminal, I am going into politics.

Tned-Mobile
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
yes, you two went to the extreme and I was able to play both sides and get rep on both ends by the same person. When I grow up or want to be a criminal, I am going into politics.

Jr and I going to extremes. Nahhh, I don't believe it. That's never happened. ;)

Lonestar
10-28-2009, 03:03 PM

Although I would love to keep this beast in a cage between games and practices I know that is not possible..

I think he is using poor judgment again in worrying about his image and not his getting better on the field were he can speak the loudest..

I would normally applaud him for doing this during a BYE week or after the season is over but getting on a plane for 4-5 hours both ways is not conducive to getting rested up and staying healthy.. NOR is he so good that he does not need the extra practice with teammates.. IMHO

had he been actually in practice all spring and TC with his nose to the grind stone then maybe..

like I said I think it is showing poor judgement..

which obviously is not the popular opinion here..

BCJ
10-28-2009, 09:57 PM
he wont be getting that extra practice from teammates as they, deservedly so, are taking that day off. They had extra time to prepare for the Ravens. He and the team are set to go.

Tned
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
he wont be getting that extra practice from teammates as they, deservedly so, are taking that day off. They had extra time to prepare for the Ravens. He and the team are set to go.

The guys on Twitter, like Woodyard, Fields and others, routinely fly out of denver on their 'one' day off. I know fields has gone to NY several times. I think Woodyard has gone with him a couple times. My quesss is they aren't alone in doing this.

I'm sure some players going to the facility to get treatment on injuries, but it sounds like a like take time off on their time off. It also seems they do a fair amount of the film study off site, based on the tweets.

topscribe
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM

I haven't noticed any bashing to this point--only concern about distractions, for the most part . . . :whoknows:

-----

Tned
10-29-2009, 06:57 PM
I haven't noticed any bashing to this point--only concern about distractions, for the most part . . . :whoknows:

-----

Well, I guess we read different meanings into some of those posts.

TXBRONC
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Well, I guess we read different meanings into some of those posts.

Yep.