PDA

View Full Version : Peter Budaj has Swine Flu

MileHighCrew
10-27-2009, 03:05 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=296281

I am not a fan of the Avs but I hope he returns soon. Thought this might be of interest since there are many Avs fans on here.

underrated29
10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I knew he had the pig flu and not regular flu.

This is not good. Hopefully we dont become like the Kings? and get our whole effing team infected. Or the browns.

ugh

get well peetey.

SR
10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I was wondering why Anderson has started every single game for us this year.

Get well Peter.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_13651766

EDMONTON — After the Avalanche morning skate today at Rexall Place, Colorado coach Joe Sacco confirmed that backup goalie Peter Budaj, who missed his scheduled first start of the season last Friday because of illness, has been diagnosed with swine flu, or the H1N1 virus.

"We've taken the necessary steps, the necessary precautions, to keep him away from the guys at the right time," Sacco said. "Hopefully, he'll be joining us on this trip."

Craig Anderson will make his 12th consecutive start in the Colorado net tonight. Tyler Weiman, recalled from Lake Erie last week, will back him up.

Budaj was set to start in goal last Friday in Denver against Carolina. But he fell ill Thursday afternoon with flu-like symptoms and was scratched.

After facing the Edmonton Oilers tonight to open a four-game road trip, the Avalanche plays at Calgary on Wednesday, San Jose on Friday and Vancouver on Sunday.

Colorado (8-1-2) leads the Western Conference with 18 points. They are tied with Pittsburgh (9-2-0) atop the NHL.

Road to recovery

Injured defensemen John Michael Liles (shoulder) and Tom Preissing (knee) both are on the trip and were on the ice for the morning skate. They stayed out long after their teammates had left the ice, working — and playing around — with Weiman and assistant coaches Steve Konowalchuk and Sylvain Lefebvre.

"I'm hopeful that Johnny can make it back at some point on this trip," Sacco said of Liles. "Maybe at San Jose, possibly Vancouver. Tommy's here more to get in condition. He's still out indefinitely."

Liles hasn't played since Oct. 13, against Toronto, and Preissing has yet to play in the regular season since underoing arthroscopic knee surgery during the exhibition season.

pnbronco
11-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Dang I totally missed this. Thanks for the article Carol. How is Tucker doing, have there been any reports? I have not been able to keep up with this team this year.