PDA

View Full Version : Hall Of Fame Info

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 06:10 PM
The selection process for the Class of 2008 is underway. It began with the naming of two senior candidates in August, followed by a list of 124 preliminary modern-era nominees in October that was later pared down to 26 semi-finalists in November. In mid-January, the Hall of Fame will announce the finalists (15 modern-era and the two senior candidates).

The Board of Selectors will meet on Saturday, February 2 in Phoenix, Arizona – home of Super Bowl XLII, to carefully scrutinize and debate the 17 finalists. A class consisting of no fewer than four or more than seven will be elected that day. A press conference will be broadcast live on Profootballhof.com, NFL.com, and NFL Network immediately following the selection meeting to announce the Class of 2008.

The newest class of enshrinees will be formally inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, August 2, 2008.

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/Classof2008.jsp

Cris Carter
Terrell Davis, RB – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
Dermontti Dawson
Fred Dean
Richard Dent
Randy Gradishar, LB – 1974-1983 Denver Broncos
Darrell Green
Kevin Greene
Russ Grimm
Ray Guy
Charles Haley
Lester Hayes
Rickey Jackson
Joe Jacoby
Cortez Kennedy
Bob Kuechenberg
Randall McDaniel
Art Monk
Andre Reed
Ken Stabler
Paul Tagliabue
Steve Tasker
Derrick Thomas
Andre Tippett
George Young
Gary Zimmerman, T – 1986-1992 Minnesota Vikings, 1993-97 Denver Broncos

Chicago Cardinals back Marshall Goldberg and Kansas City Chiefs defensive back Emmitt Thomas have been selected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Seniors Committee as finalists for election into the Hall of Fame with the Class of 2008.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 06:14 PM
If Gradishar is overlooked again, criminal charges come to mind.... that or vigilanti vengence ;)

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I just can't wait to find out. I had a great time at Elway's induction and would love to go again to see TD and/or Grad...or even Zim who could go either way as far as the uni he wears in.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
I think we've got a better chance this year for some of our guys since they changed the roles to allow more guys in than they have in the past.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 06:38 PM
I think the next 9 to drop off will be Cortez Kennedy, Andre Tippett, Steve Tasker, Kevin Greene, Dermontti Dawson, Rickey Jackson, Ken Stabler, Charles Haley and Randall McDaniel.

I don't see how TD gets passed up again. Gradishar deserves it, but he has deserved it for quite a while now.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
That's a tough list... lots of good players.
I guess I would have to say all these guys should be in the Hall of Fame

Cris Carter
Terrell Davis
Dermontti Dawson
Randy Gradishar
Darrell Green
Kevin Greene
Ray Guy
Charles Haley
Joe Jacoby
Bob Kuechenberg
Randall McDaniel