PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 07:48 AM
32. St. Louis (0-7) – Threatening Detroit’s record for most consecutive losses

31. Tampa Bay (0-7) – I still think they could beat the Rams

30. Washington (2-5) – Just get rid of Zorn now. This team is becoming more of a joke than it already is

29. Cleveland (1-6) – Is there another team in the NFL with less talent?

28. Kansas City (1-6) – Back to reality

27. Detroit (1-5) – BYE week

26. Oakland (2-5) – Sure made the Jets feel better after a few consecutive losses

25. Tennessee (0-6) – BYE week

24. Carolina (2-4) – Why is Jake Delhomme still a starter?

23. Buffalo (3-4) – Delhomme was the best player for them this week

22. Seattle (2-4) – BYE week

21. NY Jets (4-3) – Nothing like playing the Raiders to make things better

20. Jacksonville (3-3) – BYE week

19. Miami (2-4) – Cannot be a playoff team and throw away leads like that.

18. San Francisco (3-3) – Singletary should stick to the defensive side of the ball

17. Chicago (3-3) – Bears fans swear they have the offense they need to get to a Super Bowl. No chance

16. San Diego (3-3) – Had to win an easy one to keep from falling into a deeper hole

15. Houston (4-3) – If the defense keeps improving…maybe they’ll sniff a playoff spot

14. Arizona (4-2) – Probably the best win they’ve had in a long time

13. Baltimore (3-3) – BYE week

12. Atlanta (4-2) – Looked horrible against mediocre Dallas

11. Dallas (4-2) – One of those explosive games they are capable of. Next 3 games will be ugly.

10. Green Bay (4-2) – Staying on pace with the Vikes. Got a chance to pull even at home

9. Cincinnati (5-2) – Impressive win. Benson has truly found new life

8. NY Giants (5-2) – Continue to get exposed for the “paper Giants” they are

7. Pittsburgh (5-2) – Looked like the Steelers we’ve learned to respect

6. Philadelphia (4-2) – Please bash me for having them this high…all the way to the NFC Championship game

5. New England (5-2) – Looks like they’ve built up the steam in the engine over the last few weeks

4. Minnesota (6-1) – I can no longer defend this team if the defense doesn’t show up.

3. Denver (6-0) – BYE week.

2. Indianapolis (6-0) – Taking care of business. Schedule too easy so far to put them at the top spot

1. New Orleans (6-0) – Big comeback win. I still don’t expect them to stay in the top spot forever…even with a ridiculously easy schedule

MHCBill
10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S spells FRAUD!!!

CrazyHorse
10-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Glad you recognize the Saints and Colts this week along with the failures of Tennessee.

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 08:53 AM

Like I said...you rode me ALL last year for having the Eagles ranked high and they ended up 2 bad plays away from a Super Bowl appearance. This week against the Giants will speak volumes for where they belong.

MHCBill
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Time will tell...

Northman
10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Well the good news is that i was right about SD not being as good as advertised. The bad news was i was a year too late. lol

Sorry for giving you so much shit last year Coach. :)

Dortoh
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Looks good but once again I think you have the ratbirds too low.

underrated29
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
wtf. this is an outrage. the broncos had a bye and therefore should immediately be jumped to the number 1 slot. how dare you.

Nice rankings. IMO i rate baltimore at 10, and everyone else slides down 1 slot.

Poet
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
As much as I have chided Coach, I would like to point out that he was "wrong" for having Pittsburgh so high when their record wasn't that great.

As far as Philly goes, they are still a pretty good team. Yes, last year they got in on a prayer -- a missed Shayne Graham field and other Bengals' mishaps gave them a tie that should have ended their season. Then Dallas collapsed and other kooky stuff happened for them. They made it to the NFCCG. To be honest I doubt that they would beat Cincinnati right now, but they could lose to us and turn around and beat Minnesota or Indy.

That's the nature of that team. That's fine, most of the teams have dumb losses. I'm still adamant that the Giants are a top five team, and I think they're making the NFCCG. I think they would bounce the everloving hell out of Minnesota.

So, who knows?

Coach, I just want to know one thing, when Cincinnati makes the playoffs, will it hurt you?

claymore
10-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Coach, I just want to know one thing, when Cincinnati makes the playoffs, will it hurt you?
I didnt know a sentence could be made to say that.

Poet
10-27-2009, 11:23 AM
I didnt know a sentence could be made to say that.

Every fence you ever built sucked ass and a treehugger could have done a better job than you.

Northman
10-27-2009, 11:34 AM
I think the fans of Cincy can remove their bags now.

topscribe
10-27-2009, 11:36 AM

From under their eyes?

You mean they can get a full night's sleep now?

-----

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Hurt me? Hell no...That just gives Denver a potentially easy playoff win

Dortoh
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM

Not just yet IMO

This orgainization has proven a great ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Poet
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
We shipped things down to Cleveland.:salute:

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 12:05 PM
if the 6-1 vikes lose to the 4-2 packers....they will be tied ?:confused:

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM

Because of the bye I think.

NightTrainLayne
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM

The Vikings would have a 0.5 game lead, but they still have their bye coming up.

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Hurt me? Hell no...That just gives Denver a potentially easy playoff win

Out of respect for your thread I'm going to ignore this, but it that happens I assure you it won't be easy.

Oh, by the way, John Elway called and said neckbeards suck.

Medford Bronco
10-27-2009, 12:31 PM

Unless it is for the Reds:shocked::lol:

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Unless it is for the Reds:shocked::lol:

The last baseball team the Reds had played in 1990.

LRtagger
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Like I said...you rode me ALL last year for having the Eagles ranked high and they ended up 2 bad plays away from a Super Bowl appearance. This week against the Giants will speak volumes for where they belong.

Then why dont you have the Cards higher? They WERE in the super bowl last year...and they beat the Giants this week and didnt get beat by the Raiders last week.

Even if the Eagles make it to the NFCCG, it doesnt mean they are a top 2 team in the NFC right NOW. It just means they may or may not get hot at the end of the year. This should be a weekly ranking, not a playoff prediction.

I understand what you are saying, but you thinking the Eagles will make a run in the playoffs doesnt make them better than the other teams RIGHT NOW who are winning the games they are supposed to win. The Eagles were utterly embarassed last week by one of the league's turds...and last night they gave up 17 to the Redskins.

Nomad
10-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes the Vikings defense has not been playing like they were, but the BS tripping penalty (which the olineman did not attempt to trip even the commentators said it was BS) that was called and took away the Vikings TD, the turnout of that game probably would have been a little different! I know afterwards Farve played like crap and two turnovers and two tds later by the Steelers! I'm just saying...Steelers are lucky!!

Slick
10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I can't argue with Coach here, even the Eagles spot. They have an outstanding offensive line. If Reid would let that line run block a little more instead of letting McNabb drop back what seems like 98% of the time, they'll make some noise. That is the main reason they lost to Oakland. That loss is on Reid.

Poet
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes the Vikings defense has not been playing like they were, but the BS tripping penalty (which the olineman did not attempt to trip even the commentators said it was BS) that was called and took away the Vikings TD, the turnout of that game probably would have been a little different! I know afterwards Farve played like crap and two turnovers and two tds later by the Steelers! I'm just saying...Steelers are lucky!!

The Steelers got equally ****** when a ref called a phantom pass interefence call on Heath Miller that negated a touchdown.

The officiating in that game was horrible. The better team won.

LRtagger
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I can't argue with Coach here, even the Eagles spot. They have an outstanding offensive line. If Reid would let that line run block a little more instead of letting McNabb drop back what seems like 98% of the time, they'll make some noise. That is the main reason they lost to Oakland. That loss is on Reid.

The Redskins would be a lot better without Zorn, too. They have arguably the most talent in the NFC...doesn't mean they should be ranked higher.

Nomad
10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
The Steelers got equally ****** when a ref called a phantom pass interefence call on Heath Miller that negated a touchdown.

The officiating in that game was horrible. The better team won.

I disagree with you and here's a good explanation why!! You can't do that during a pass even though it was on the other side of the field!! And yes we could nitpick the officials all day!!

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=8131

Anywho, Vikings had a chance to come back and didn't but we find out how good the Steelers are in a couple weeks.

Poet
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I disagree with you and here's a good explanation why!! You can't do that during a pass even though it was on the other side of the field!! And yes we could nitpick the officials all day!!

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=8131

Anywho, Vikings had a chance to come back and didn't but we find out how good the Steelers are in a couple weeks.

That rarely gets called and the tripping call was bad but it's technically correct but you'd have to call it all day.

CoachChaz
10-29-2009, 07:55 AM
The Redskins would be a lot better without Zorn, too. They have arguably the most talent in the NFC...doesn't mean they should be ranked higher.

Well...I could suggest you make your own Power Rankings. Most people come here to discuss the Rankings that I take the time to put up...others come in to slander them.

It's simple. MY rankings are based on who I think the better teams are from week to week. I will not drop a team to the bottom of the list because of one bad loss. IT HAPPENS.

Poet
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Well...I could suggest you make your own Power Rankings. Most people come here to discuss the Rankings that I take the time to put up...others come in to slander them.

It's simple. MY rankings are based on who I think the better teams are from week to week. I will not drop a team to the bottom of the list because of one bad loss. IT HAPPENS.

Cincinnati's number one, beyotch.

MHCBill
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
How 'bout them EAGLES???

I won't say I told you so!

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
How 'bout them EAGLES???

That was awesome. I had Dallas:salute:

Dortoh
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
It appears my assesment of the ratturds may have been off slightly

Poet
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM
How 'bout them EAGLES???

Would you be willing to say that they won't make the playoffs?