PDA

View Full Version : Who's the worst team in the league right now?

dogfish
10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
i can't remember a year where there was such fierce competition for the cellar. . . who ya got?

D'OH! I forgot the lions, and it won't let me edit the poll. . . ah well, write 'em in here in the thread if you want. . . .

KCL
10-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Can we pick more than one? Of course I will pick the Chiefs...we're right down there with the Raiders,Lions,Rams,and Browns...:laugh:

edit-oops and the Bucs...:lol:

topscribe
10-26-2009, 11:35 PM
i can't remember a year where there was such fierce competition for the cellar. . . who ya got?

D'OH! I forgot the lions, and it won't let me edit the poll. . . ah well, write 'em in here in the thread if you want. . . .

Just how old is your sister in your avy, anyway?

-----

KCL
10-26-2009, 11:37 PM

:crazy:

I even mentioned them in my first post. :loco:

frauschieze
10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
More than 20% of the league are legitimate contenders for the cellar.

Unbelievable.

underrated29
10-27-2009, 12:20 AM
I go browns.

The rams suck, but steven jackson is probably the most talented RB in the league. They will win atleast one game this year from him.

The browns have zerp playmakers anywhere on the field. They have cribbs and eric wright. Neither will change a game or can be leaned on. And cribbs wont get looks because his QBs sucks.

The bucs have some playmakers, but have bates for a defense. The offense will win them some games.

The lions got calvin J and kev smitty- they already have won. They will get another one or two maybe.

Cheifs are shytty, i am not going to lie. But they are a lot better than any of the other teams i listed. And almost took down the boys and someone else. They just have a hard schedule like we do.

LordTrychon
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
I'd edit the Lions in for you... but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

I tried to vote fairly... but I ended up going with the Raiders instead. Can't help it.

Shazam!
10-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Rams.

Northman
10-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Still the Raiders in my opinion. With such a commitment to excrement you would think they would have won 6 championships in a row by now.

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Brutally hard choice. I'd almost go with the Titans at this point. No team is playing with less heart and effort than those guys, even the listless 'Skins and indifferent Raiders.

Overtime
10-27-2009, 08:24 AM
I have to say the Bears are the worst team in the NFL right considering the talent level they have on their football team, they are just absolutely atrocious, and they don't have the new coach, and new coordinators excuse like the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Browns, Lions and Raiders do.

Skinny
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
After watching them play a few times i have to go with the Tennessee Titans. Whoda thunk it.

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 10:05 AM
After watching them play a few times i have to go with the Tennessee Titans. Whoda thunk it.

I know. They have far from the worst talent amongst this list of chumps, but they are living proof that if you don't try and don't care there is no level of failure that is unattainable. This same team took the Steelers to OT to open the season, and will most likely end up at 3-13 or so.

To find a parallel you might have to look at the '63-'64 Giants. 11-3 and beaten for the '63 Championship by the Bears 14-10, they led the NFL in scoring with 448 points. Y.A. Tittle threw 36 TD's and 14 Ints (in a 14 game season), an 8.6 YPA, and QB rating of 104. Next year the Giants were 2-10-2, last in the League in scoring, and Tittle threw 10 TD's and 22 Ints, 6.4 YPA, and a QB rating of 51.6. What happened? They got really old, really fast, and made some terrible trades on defense - and Tittle retired at the end of the Year.

Dortoh
10-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm the only one thinking the deadskins huh?

Alot of really bad teams but not half way thru the season and they dont have ANY pieces in place going forward IMO

From the Owner thru the HC thru the waterboy there are holes to fill. This team is years away from being fixed.

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm the only one thinking the deadskins huh?

Alot of really bad teams but not half way thru the season and they dont have ANY pieces in place going forward IMO

From the Owner thru the HC thru the waterboy there are holes to fill. This team is years away from being fixed.

Oh, you can easily make a case for the Redskins - but who on that list even gives a hint of moving in the right direction? Who else has any pieces in place? (Steven Jackson doesn't count; he'll be retired by the time the Rams are even a .500 team)

Dortoh
10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh, you can easily make a case for the Redskins - but who on that list even gives a hint of moving in the right direction? Who else has any pieces in place? (Steven Jackson doesn't count; he'll be retired by the time the Rams are even a .500 team)

Good point. Looking at that list (minus the lions who have a Franchise QB) I'd give the nod to dare I say the chefs. They have the new GM and HC each with potential already in place. If they are what they think they are given another offseason to get "their" guys in camp they should start coming back up. Fix that oline would go ALONG ways towards fixing the chefs.

They are set for kicker with Suckup :laugh:

sanluis
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
The Lambs!!!!!!!!!! Poor guys...:tsk:

topscribe
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Isn't it amazing that, just a few short months ago, some might have included the Broncos in a conversation such as this?

-----

Skinny
10-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I know. They have far from the worst talent amongst this list of chumps, but they are living proof that if you don't try and don't care there is no level of failure that is unattainable. This same team took the Steelers to OT to open the season, and will most likely end up at 3-13 or so.What happened to their defense? It just vanished. :poof:

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 12:32 PM
What happened to their defense? It just vanished. :poof:

Age, loss of Haynesworth, loss of motivation, choose yer poison

Dortoh
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Haynesworth is a tuff one for me.

The titans are missing him a ton yet the Deadskins now are tied to one aging 100 million dollar dlineman who cant stay on the field.

Both teams seem to be taking it in the ass over Albert

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
the rams are the worst....by far they have been shutout twice and dont even make a game out of it.....they have a damn good rb and a 62 million dollar qb....
i cant figure out how they play week after week without seeing the endzone?
its like they're cursed or something...should have never shat on warner.
they havnt won a game in over a year...at least last year they would play in some close games then find a way to lose.....now they just go out and get pounded....collect a check and gear up for the next whippin':laugh:

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Haynesworth is a tuff one for me.

The titans are missing him a ton yet the Deadskins now are tied to one aging 100 million dollar dlineman who cant stay on the field.

Both teams seem to be taking it in the ass over Albert

That was preordained. Haynesworth is a big time turd, and I did the happy dance when it became clear we wouldn't have him on our roster. He got his money, and so reverted to fat & lazy & crappy attitude mode. He is now loafing and goldbricking on Dan Snyder's payroll. That's nothing new. Snyder collects overhyped football players like Claymore collects beer bottles.

He is also a huge talent whose loss has gutted the Titans. Both things happening were almost a guaranteed outcome. If the Titans had resigned Haynesworth they would have also been screwed, but poorer.

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
The answer is always the same; CLEVELAND!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA

dogfish
10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
i honestly can't decide. . . if the question was "which franchise has the bleakest outlook" i'd have to say the fade, because of my unshakable faith in the cryptkeeper's ability to screw things up-- NOBODY has just flat out WASTED more top ten draft picks-- but the question i posed was "who's the worst team right now?"

i think a case can be made for pretty much any of the listed teams, so there's no real wrong answer, but i think i'd have to go with either tampa bay or cleveland. . . the rams are certainly putrid as well, but i just feel like they have a little better chance to turn it around. . . i think spagnuolo is a damn good coach who was put in a REALLY miserable situation-- we'll see if the deck was too stacked against him, but i feel that he at least has the ability to turn it around if given the chance. . . but raheem morris looks like he's in waaaay over his head, and mangini is frickin' awful. . .

while the rams haven't improved much, tampa has regressed badly (they were a 9-7 team last year), and the browns look to be an even bigger mess than they were last year. . . spags had to deal with the thankless task of cutting two of the franchise's aging superstars, and he's going to have some more tough decisions to make. . . but at least they added some talent to work with going forward-- james laurinaitis in particular looks like a keeper, and while top pick jason smith has been nicked up and hasn't shown much, the talent is at least there. . . and jason brown was a good addition at center-- if smith pans out, that line could end up coming together quickly. . .

mangini punted when he had the chance to add a blue chip QB, and getting rid of edwards and winslow, while understandable, just further depleted their talent base. . . the only thing worse than not having a good QB is not having a good QB AND having a QB controversy. . . that team is pretty much just bereft of playmakers on both sides of the ball, other than shaun rogers-- especially with d'qwell jackson out for the year. . .

tampa's just as bad-- they have that crumbling old defense and a shit offense. . . and i really don't have much confidence in josh freeman-- we'll see if he can help them turn things around, but i sure hope bucs fans aren't holding their breath. . .

MileHighCrew
10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I want to say Oakland but I think it is the Rams hands down. They are scary bad

OrangeHoof
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I have to choose the Lambs but you really can't go wrong choosing any of them.

CrazyHorse
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Tennessee Titans
Fisher will be getting Shanacanned at the end of the season.

EMB6903
10-27-2009, 06:34 PM
From the players to coaching and preparation there is no team as pathetic as the St Louis Rams in the league right now.

EMB6903
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Tennessee Titans
Fisher will be getting Shanacanned at the end of the season.

If Fischer got canned I think he would immediately become the next Dallas Cowboys head coach... Jerry Jones loves the guy.

dogfish
10-28-2009, 07:48 PM
just saw this on another board-- this shit just cracks me up. . . . :lol:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4051/1282large.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/1282large.jpg/)

LMAO. . . i gotta post this one in the funny pics thread also, so more people see it. . . . :rofl:

Devilspawn
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4051/1282large.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/1282large.jpg/)

LMAO. . . i gotta post this one in the funny pics thread also, so more people see it. . . . :rofl:
lol funny

Poet
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM

I saw some stuff like that on ESPN.com in the "what would the team's mascots look like if they really represented their teams?"

The Rams was hysterical, they had the Lions mascot and put Ram horns on it.

Dreadnought
10-28-2009, 08:19 PM
From an ESPN piece on this topic :lol:

Faulty only in that they left off the Bucs and Titans

Overall Grade

Redskins: Wealthy kid with every advantage -- brains, pedigree, expensive "tutors" to write term papers for him -- who flunks out of school through sheer, unyielding arrogance. Yet remains rich. So who really cares about failing? Grade: F-minus

Rams: Special-needs student who mistakenly wandered into Calculus II. Grade: D

Chiefs: Currently delivering pizzas in beat-up sedan that sports old, cracked, faded bumper sticker reading AFC HIGH HONORS STUDENT. Grade: D-plus

Lions: So crummy for so long, parents are ecstatic when pupil brings home passing marks in shop class. Grade: D-minus

Bills: Just good enough to slide by, year after year, despite reading at third-grade level. Grade: C-minus

Browns: Stuck in detention without the benefit of Judd Nelson. Grade: D-minus

Raiders: Former NASA moon rocket engineer who now brings a slide rule to HTML programming class. In essence, Redskins West. Unless the Skins are Raiders East. Grade: F-minus

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/091026&sportCat=nfl

Poet
10-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I got this link from the link you posted, and wow Synder is a terrible human being.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

Dreadnought
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I got this link from the link you posted, and wow Synder is a terrible human being.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

OK - you're right. That is such a total dick move you should start a seperate thread. He is an ogre. I hope he never wins another game, even against the Raiders.

KCL
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM

WOW...That woman has been a loyal fan since the 60's..you know she hates to give up those tickets.

Dreadnought
10-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Thread started, just for Snyder and the Skins

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=798771#post798771

Reidman
10-28-2009, 10:38 PM

That's good!

Still doesn't beat Orton with a bottle of JD...:lol:

I go with Faiders as worst team of the decade...:salute:

jhildebrand
10-31-2009, 09:29 PM
"Who's the worst team in the league right now?

Right now? That would have to be San Diego. They are coached by Norv Turner. 'Nuff Said. If you want more, they are also considered by many to be one of the top 3 rosters when it comes to talent. To be sitting at .500 is an absolute JOKE. They are shuffling their roster in the Secondary the same way Denver did last season. We all saw how that worked out :eek: San Diego was once again expected to be a SB contender.

San Diego is the worst team for falling flat on their face yet again!

Shazam!
11-01-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't buy SD. Sure, they're a disappointment, but they'd lead the AFCW if Denver stumbled and was a joke as nearly everyone expected them to. They simply deserve to stumble because they were due to take a step back. You don't win your division three straight years with nothing to show for it and continue to remain consistent for years without another team stepping up to challenge it. It just doesn't happen in the NFL.

Poet
11-01-2009, 11:27 AM
In all seriousness, it has to be St. Louis. They don't have talent, they don't have anything.

I feel bad for Steven Jackson. The guy's the second best back in the league, AP isn't THAT much better than him and he plays so damn hard. The guy is so beastly he lines up as a WR and runs routes 20 yards down the field and makes tough catches.

Sigh.

Overtime
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I still stand by my comment that the Bears are the worst team in the league.

:coffee:

KCL
11-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Well I guess we know it isn't the Ravens.

jhildebrand
11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't buy SD. Sure, they're a disappointment, but they'd lead the AFCW if Denver stumbled and was a joke as nearly everyone expected them to. They simply deserve to stumble because they were due to take a step back. You don't win your division three straight years with nothing to show for it and continue to remain consistent for years without another team stepping up to challenge it. It just doesn't happen in the NFL.

The problem is when a division is as weak as the AFCW has been teams win SB's and capitalize especially when they have the talent and roster that SD has had. Look at NE, they took advantage when it was considered the AFC Least.

As for taking a step back, they have taken one 3 game step back every year under Norv. I am not suggesting they will go 5-11 but I will be surprised if they are better than 9-7.

Devilspawn
11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Cleveland's offense is worse than ours, certainly their defense is. I'd go with them.

BUT, their onwer hired guards to show the ghost GM out the door, Mangini is most likely next, and the owner is having a meeting with season ticket holders to express his concerns about their concerns. Let's see if this works.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM

Yeah.. I hear the American Indian Foundation is again asking he redskins to change their name. Not because they find the name 'redskins' offensive, but because they find the team's PLAY to be completely offensive.

Ravage!!!
11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Cleveland's offense is worse than ours, certainly their defense is. I'd go with them.

BUT, their onwer hired guards to show the ghost GM out the door, Mangini is most likely next, and the owner is having a meeting with season ticket holders to express his concerns about their concerns. Let's see if this works.

Dude.. I hate to tell you this, but with Russell as your QB.. your offense IS as bad as Clevelands :beer:

Devilspawn
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Dude.. I hate to tell you this, but with Russell as your QB.. your offense IS as bad as Clevelands :beer:
There are two QBs in the NFL with worse passer rating than Russell. Derek Anderson is one of them. Russell is traditionally worse, but he has major competition right now. And that's not me defending Russell, that's me insulting Anderson.