PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sportsnation Poll -- 78% of people think Broncos will be first unbeaten to lose

Tned
10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
They just showed the sports nation poll on MNF, asking which of the three unbeaten teams would be the first too lose:

Broncos 78%
Saints 14%
Colts 9%

Still not feeling the love...

frauschieze
10-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but we play at Baltimore, Indy has San Fran at home and New Orleans has Atlanta at home.

I think we've got the hardest game next week.

Den21vsBal19
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Sod it, we've been proving everyone, including ourselves, wrong all year, no reason we can't keep at it ;)

honz
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Meh. We've been the underdog in every game we have played so far. Keep it coming!

underrated29
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
i agree. Its more gratifying this way too.

Whats better. Using a net and scooping in a 20lb fish? Or Fighting a 20 lb fish for an hour and a half and then landing him.

the saints and colts have the net. We are the ones reeling home the Wins.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
They just showed the sports nation poll on MNF, asking which of the three unbeaten teams would be the first too lose:

Broncos 78%
Saints 14%
Colts 9%

I did see that - Hope Coach McDaniels saw it :D One more thing he could use

Gamechanger
10-26-2009, 09:59 PM
you guys are in the position to drop a game or two

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM

Why anymore than anyone else?

topscribe
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Yeah . . . I guess while a team has a game left in a season, it is in the position to drop a game . . . :laugh:

-----

Shazam!
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM

The Colts could be up too if they actually played a good team.

Tenn and St. Loo back to back? Gimme a ****ing break.

topscribe
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
The Colts could be up too if they actually played a good team.

Tenn and St. Loo back to back? Gimme a ****ing break.

I don't believe GC said that from a smack perspective.

The Broncos do have a brutal stretch coming up . . .

-----

aberdien
10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I will gladly doubt the Broncos as long as they keep winning.

scott.475
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
We might, so what? Stupid poll, even if it is right, what is the point?

Iron Horse72
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Still no love? Well it is a tough game on the road this week, if we win we should move up in the rankings.

I'd put us at #2, that would make us better than Indy IMO.

TXBRONC
10-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I saw that poll on ESPN and I just shrugged my shoulders.

dogfish
10-26-2009, 11:45 PM

we'll be in a position to drop your punk-ass colts come dec 13th. . .

:D :shocked: :lol:

seriously though, who cares? going undefeated would be great, but it's never a particularly realistic goal. . . i don't care how long we stay undefeated-- what i care about is clinching the division, and rounding into form at the right time. . . once you secure your playoff berth, what kind of football you're playing in december and then january is a lot more important than what you did in games back in november. . .

getting homefield is always nice, but this team has already proven capable of beating solid opponents on the road. . . tough defense travels well, even better when you pair it with a ball-control offense that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. . .

sneakers
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Also 30% of Americans don't know what year 9/11 occured....

Day1BroncoFan
10-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Is that the same poll that used to include NYG in it before they were the first to lose and had the Broncos first in the vote. You mean that poll. :rolleyes:

DenBronx
10-27-2009, 01:32 AM
um...with our schedule how could you not think we will lose at least one of those games? it's not like we are not juggernauts on offense. :coffee:

broncophan
10-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Most people thought we would lose to the Bengal, Cowboys, Pats, and Chargers as well.
If we were playing an easy schedule it would be amazing that we are 6-0.
But....we are 6-0....playing a tough schedule....even more amazing.......

Hard to argue with that poll, imo....I don't think I would bet against McD though...at least for now

Overtime
10-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Broncos 78%
Saints 14%
Colts 9%

guess that just goes to show that 78% of the people that voted are idiots, because the Vikings lost on Sunday...:beer:

let the haters hate, we love having the chip on our shoulder.

TXBRONC
10-27-2009, 08:41 AM

Sad isn't it? :tsk:

TXBRONC
10-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Most people thought we would lose to the Bengal, Cowboys, Pats, and Chargers as well.
If we were playing an easy schedule it would be amazing that we are 6-0.
But....we are 6-0....playing a tough schedule....even more amazing.......

Hard to argue with that poll, imo....I don't think I would bet against McD though...at least for now

Other than the fact Denver beat the Bengals on a fortuitus bounce it was looked at as big upset because pundits thought the Bengals were only slightly better than the Broncos. They thought Denver might go 3-0 but after the party would end.

The fast start is nice but I don't think the Broncos have played their best football yet.

Gamechanger
10-27-2009, 11:38 AM

simply because your team is running away with a weak division, and I believe the staff is mentally tough to bounce back from a bad day, y'know?

actually, I want my team to lose eventually and have defeat and prepare for it rather than winning out and losing in the long run

:kanyeshrug:

Gamechanger
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
we'll be in a position to drop your punk-ass colts come dec 13th. . .

:D :shocked: :lol:

hehehehe we'll see ;)

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Every team is bound to lose a game or two...it happens. We're more likely to be the first simply because we actually play NFL teams on our schedule. If we had Indy or NO's schedule...who knows.

The weakest thing about our schedule is the division games...after that it's murder

NightTrainLayne
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Every team is bound to lose a game or two...it happens. We're more likely to be the first simply because we actually play NFL teams on our schedule. If we had Indy or NO's schedule...who knows.

The weakest thing about our schedule is the division games...after that it's murder

Was just looking at the new Sagarin ratings.

Through week 7, Indianapolis has the #28 schedule, N.O. #18, Denver #10. Indianapolis has a VERY friendly schedule so far. .. going forward they face us (at home), the Patriots (at home), and at Baltimore, but they also have Houston twice, Tennesse again, San Fransisco, the Jaguars and the Jets. . .cupcake schedule if you ask me.

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Was just looking at the new Sagarin ratings.

Through week 7, Indianapolis has the #28 schedule, N.O. #18, Denver #10. Indianapolis has a VERY friendly schedule so far. .. going forward they face us (at home), the Patriots (at home), and at Baltimore, but they also have Houston twice, Tennesse again, San Fransisco, the Jaguars and the Jets. . .cupcake schedule if you ask me.

I'm curious...when was the last time Houston beat Indy? They do have a few tougher teams on the schedule ahead, but as well as Houston is playing...I dont think that defense is quite ready fo the Manning show.

NO having the #18 schedule actually surprises me.

NightTrainLayne
10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm curious...when was the last time Houston beat Indy? They do have a few tougher teams on the schedule ahead, but as well as Houston is playing...I dont think that defense is quite ready fo the Manning show.

NO having the #18 schedule actually surprises me.

You probably don't want to read this, but according to Sagarin's rankings the Eagles have the #31 schedule through week 7. . .

:sorry:

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Broncos 78%
Saints 14%
Colts 9%

i dont trust polls that add up to 101%:D

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
You probably don't want to read this, but according to Sagarin's rankings the Eagles have the #31 schedule through week 7. . .

:sorry:

I'll be the first one to tell you that NO is the ONLY competition they've faced so far. That's why I stated in my Rankings that the Giants game means alot

GEM
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM

If our schedule was as cake as yours....

Gamechanger
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
If our schedule was as cake as yours....

strength of schedule means nothing if you can't execute, ask a Skins fan that

simply because your team is running away with a weak division, and I believe the staff is mentally tough to bounce back from a bad day, y'know?

actually, I want my team to lose eventually and have defeat and prepare for it rather than winning out and losing in the long run

:kanyeshrug:

people seem to avoid this post I said though

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
The Saints will be the first one to lose.

Baltimore gets too much credit. Their secondary prevents them from winning they aren't even using the prevent. :lol:

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM

i think its great that you want the colts to lose.....hows dec.13th work for ya?
greaaaat.....pencil it in;)

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
i think its great that you want the colts to lose.....hows dec.13th work for ya?

That would be a pretty big upset.

GEM
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM

But the question was...who will lose first. Strength of schedule points that it will be Broncos first as they play the tougher teams. How 2 different 2nd place teams have such diversely different schedules in the same conference is odd. I don't discredit Indy for what they have done, moreso... because they haven't done it against good teams, yet. The Colts don't have an upper echelon team until week 10 vs. the Patriots. Of the unbeaten out there....

Colts opponents w/l= 11-25
Broncos opponents w/l=22-20
Saints opponents w/l=19-20

Colts are a weak unbeaten, to no fault of their own. But to base your opinion on it just being the Broncos (who you definitely have owned in the past) is rather silly. We don't have the soft defense anymore, we don't have the same coaches and we definitely don't have the same players. We've played upper echelon teams and won.

:shrugs:

Gamechanger
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM

december 13th? ooh that'll be a bad time, we'll be too busy beating a dead horse that day :lol:

GEM
10-27-2009, 01:04 PM
december 13th? ooh that'll be a bad time, we'll be too busy beating a dead horse that day :lol:

My sister's boyfriend is a Colts fan...he drives me nuts. :laugh: Colts week is huge in our house. My dad and him didn't speak for a couple months after the last game. :laugh:

How is Wayne's groin injury? Serious question, not trying to smack or anything. I saw it roll across the tv during the games Sunday and hadn't heard an update.

Gamechanger
10-27-2009, 01:40 PM
My sister's boyfriend is a Colts fan...he drives me nuts. :laugh: Colts week is huge in our house. My dad and him didn't speak for a couple months after the last game. :laugh:

How is Wayne's groin injury? Serious question, not trying to smack or anything. I saw it roll across the tv during the games Sunday and hadn't heard an update.

Wayne is day-to-day, i doubt he'll miss any time though, he played with an injury and like D-Free, he's a quick healer

it will be surprising if he doesn't play but if Gonzo doesn't suit up this week, Garcon and Collie will do fine in his place

KCL
10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
If Denver goes undefeated...you all would be responsible for the 72 Phins
having strokes...:eek:

GEM
10-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Wayne is day-to-day, i doubt he'll miss any time though, he played with an injury and like D-Free, he's a quick healer

it will be surprising if he doesn't play but if Gonzo doesn't suit up this week, Garcon and Collie will do fine in his place

I need your young receiver back pronto!! I have him on FF and I haven't wanted to drop him. I found a couple decent replacements while he's out, but hot damn it, I need his ass on the playing field!!!

:laugh:

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM

i like your attitude...try and keep it after the the broncos sack manning 6 times and pick him off 3........;)
broncos 38
colts 17:elefant:

TXBRONC
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
If Denver goes undefeated...you all would be responsible for the 72 Phins
having strokes...:eek:

Oh well. ;)

Brand
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't have access to one of the polls around here, but IIRC a number of folks here projected an 11-5 or better season, and this was before the season started. I think a loss or two is not out of the question, but it would be nice to see those losses come at strategically better times. I'd rather that the Broncos beat the AFC teams, including Indy. It they lose to, say, the Midgets, that would not be a happy day, but bearable.

I hope for wins always, but a loss would not be the end of the season, particularly if it were to an NFC team. Indy may need to tread carefully because if the Broncos play them twice this year, I'd say the odds are in the Broncos' favor.....

Lonestar
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM

I'm sure there are alot of folks that do not know what 9/11 means..

Lonestar
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
But the question was...who will lose first. Strength of schedule points that it will be Broncos first as they play the tougher teams. How 2 different 2nd place teams have such diversely different schedules in the same conference is odd. I don't discredit Indy for what they have done, moreso... because they haven't done it against good teams, yet. The Colts don't have an upper echelon team until week 10 vs. the Patriots. Of the unbeaten out there....

Colts opponents w/l= 11-25 total games 36
Broncos opponents w/l=22-20 42
Saints opponents w/l=19-20 39
Colts are a weak unbeaten, to no fault of their own. But to base your opinion on it just being the Broncos (who you definitely have owned in the past) is rather silly. We don't have the soft defense anymore, we don't have the same coaches and we definitely don't have the same players. We've played upper echelon teams and won.

:shrugs:

without looking at each teams schedule the Numbers do not seem to add up..

even accounting for every one on the colts schedule having a bye week already which is highly unlikely and all of ours not having a bye week

SmilinAssasSin27
10-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Ravens have lost to NE, Cincy and Minn by a total of 11 pts. We have a bitch of a game coming up this week. Who cares about the polls anyhoo? We're gonna lose at least 4 or 5. Still wins us the division and sets us up pretty nicely.

GEM
10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
without looking at each teams schedule the Numbers do not seem to add up..

even accounting for every one on the colts schedule having a bye week already which is highly unlikely and all of ours not having a bye week

I must have added another SD in there.

Indy 11-25
Denver 19-20
NO 19-20

Doesn't change the meat of the post. Indy hasn't gone up against quality teams. You can't say just because they are rolling that they are going to roll the Broncos, again...this isn't the same defense, coaches or players.

Poet
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
The Colts don't have to play a hard schedule for you to know that they are a beastly team; it's the same juggernaut brought to you by Peyton Manning that you get every year.

And, I hate to say this, but the Colts will roll you guys. They've crushed better defenses in the regular seasons. Come playoff time things change a little bit, but you guys will get beaten.

And we can bet on that if you want.

SoCoPoCo
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM

Indy 11-25
Denver 19-20
NO 19-20

Doesn't change the meat of the post. Indy hasn't gone up against quality teams. You can't say just because they are rolling that they are going to roll the Broncos, again...this isn't the same defense, coaches or players.

Well put...I am actually looking forward to playing the Colts, regardless of whether or not we or they are unbeaten at the time. Manning and the boys have been the gold standard in the AFC (along with the Patriots and Steelers) for awhile now and by that time we will know how we stack up against all three.

Nomad
10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Ravens have lost to NE, Cincy and Minn by a total of 11 pts. We have a bitch of a game coming up this week. Who cares about the polls anyhoo? We're gonna lose at least 4 or 5. Still wins us the division and sets us up pretty nicely.

I agree except I have the BRONCOS winning by 2 on a last minute touchdown!! Get the defibrillators ready!:D

shank
10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
The Colts don't have to play a hard schedule for you to know that they are a beastly team; it's the same juggernaut brought to you by Peyton Manning that you get every year.

And, I hate to say this, but the Colts will roll you guys. They've crushed better defenses in the regular seasons. Come playoff time things change a little bit, but you guys will get beaten.

And we can bet on that if you want.

if the broncos win, you don't get any bacon for a year.

if the colts win, i'll stop cybering with west's sister.

Poet
10-27-2009, 07:13 PM

That second one is impossible. You may tell her no, but she's going to be persistent and I know you just can't disappoint her.

gobroncsnv
10-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I edited your post to get it closer to the truth. ;)

gobroncsnv
10-27-2009, 08:10 PM
december 13th? ooh that'll be a bad time, we'll be too busy being a dead horse that day :lol:

I edited because you mis-spelled a word... ;)

Lonestar
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Indy 11-25
Denver 19-20
NO 19-20

I agree we are a NEW TEAM when I looked at the numbers they looked funny that was all..

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 08:22 PM

http://www.badideatshirts.com/images/products/CHATTING-BABES_DR.gif

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 09:21 PM

True it's going to be a tough game; however at least against the Vikings I don't think the margin victory would have been that close if hadn't of been for break downs in the Vikings secondary.