PDA

View Full Version : Javon says the Broncos are not for him

Pages : [1] 2

Buff
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Javon Walker: Broncos are "not for me"
By Bill Williamson The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 12/31/2007 11:11:42 AM MST

Javon Walker (Post file)Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 1002 balls.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Se la vie, Javon
________
Ktm 525Sx (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/KTM_525SX)

Rex
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Imaging that. Walker is unhappy since he is not getting 10 balls a game.

This is not news. This is Javon being Javon. Faced with a wrecked knee, a paycut, and a monster at the other WR....he is not happy.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 01:47 PM
If you can't learn anything from Donald Driver or Rod Smith about how to conduct yourself as a wide receiver then there just isn't any hope for you.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Javon Walker is a top 10 receiver when healthy. The problem is he is never healthy.

Trading him wouldn't be the worst thing. I'm just wondering what kind of cap hit we would take.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Travis Henry is a top 10 runningback when healthy... problem is he is never healthy. Can he please be next?

CoachChaz
If you can't learn anything from Donald Driver or Rod Smith about how to conduct yourself as a wide receiver then there just isn't any hope for you.

A friend dying in his arms obviously didn't teach him any humility. I don't expect class act teammates like Driver, Smith, Lynch, Favre, etc to do any better.
________
Jeep grand cherokee specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Grand_Cherokee)

slim
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

frauschieze
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
A friend dying in his arms obviously didn't teach him any humility. I don't expect class act teammates like Driver, Smith, Lynch, Favre, etc to do any better.

Ouch. But very true.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm ashamed to say he's my adopted Bronco.

He's my adopted Bronco no more.

claymore
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Who could we package henry and walker to?............... San Fran for their 2nd?????

Dreadnought
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Javon Walker is a top 10 receiver when healthy. The problem is he is never healthy.

Trading him wouldn't be the worst thing. I'm just wondering what kind of cap hit we would take.

I'm not sure he's tradeable. Sure wish he was, but I'm not sure between his knee, attitude, and salary that we'd get anything for him. I'd take a 6th or 7th frankly

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Who needs a runningback and a wide receiver? Fire sell! Give us a 3rd round pick and you can be the proud owners of two injury prone athletes. Act fast and we will even pay Henry's first two months child support payments!

sacmar
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
.....don't let the doorknob hit ya. Go be unproductive somewhere else. One marshall is worth three javons.

Mike
12-31-2007, 01:58 PM
I wonder if he would let Denver off the hook (salary wise) to get out of Denver? Is that possible? Put your money where your mouth is Javon...you don't want Denver...let Denver off the hook and let them seek a trade.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Marshall probably has a big smile on his face. He was probably thinking he was going to have some competition next season for the #1 wide out position, but now all he is seeing is dollar signs.

claymore
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Man, this is going to be a fun offseason full of rumors. I love that ****

topscribe
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure he's tradeable. Sure wish he was, but I'm not sure between his knee, attitude, and salary that we'd get anything for him. I'd take a 6th or 7th frankly

Those were my thoughts, actually. I'm sure if the Broncos were to let Javon
go, they would want the contract to leave, too, which means the receiving
team would have to assume it as part of the deal.

At this point, I don't believe Javon is going anywhere because I don't envision
anyone wanting to take a chance on him, after coming off a second injury on
the same knee. It seems to me he is either going to have to produce or
languish away with a bad attitude. I hope it's the former.

I just hope they can keep Marshall happy, whether or not Javon is. After
102 receptions this year, Marshall will probaby be eyeing that $7 million
contract.

-----

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 02:05 PM
We need to lock Marshall up for a long time....and fast
________
Drums (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Drums)

Dreadnought
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
I just hope they can keep Marshall happy, whether or not Javon is. After
102 receptions this year, Marshall will probaby be eyeing that $7 million
contract.

-----

Spot on - he's worth it. Javon sure as Hell isn't, so screw him.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Where is the HACK thread when you need it?

Dreadnought
12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Where is the HACK thread when you need it?

Good point. As of now, JW is headed towards that special place in my heart that is currently occupied by Eddie Kennison, Daryl Gardner, and a few others. I'm guessing that doesn't bother him.

SR
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
What a friggin classless punk. Hasta la vista, bitches.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2007, 02:20 PM
What an arrogant POS. Like he did anything this year to make statements like that.

Good riddance.

BigDaddyBronco
12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Can you say Drama Queen!

He was worth a 2nd round pick at the time, but it sounds like his end of year interview went something like this.

Shanny - Javon your knee is pretty f***** up. We need to restructure your contract.
Javon - You don't love me like Brandon.
Shanny - No that's not it, it is a business. We just need to protect Pat's money a bit.
Javon - I hate you! (with that he storms out of the room)...

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
If he leaves who will run out and pick up the tee on kick offs?

claymore
12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
If he leaves who will run out and pick up the tee on kick offs?MB, this is your time to shine............

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:27 PM
MB, this is your time to shine............

I'm sure there is a height requirement for the job... so don't tease MB like that.

Rex
12-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Javon knows his knee is junk. He want paid and the only way he stays is at a reduced rate.

UnderArmour
12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
When all this media crap is done, I hope he comes back. I'd be pretty frustrated if I were him too, we had our first losing season in forever and it looks like we could be going through another year of rebuilding before we contend. I'm not that angry at Javon.

claymore
I'm sure there is a height requirement for the job... so don't tease MB like that.
Think of all the tail he could get though........ I could see him drinking Brews at the Grizzly Rose after the game , recounting all of his plays......

BroncoJoe
Javon knows his knee is junk. He want paid and the only way he stays is at a reduced rate.

He's stoopid (courtesy of Zam). No one is going to pay him upfront.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
The funniest part is he suggested a return to the Packers... How funny is that! I'm sure they want him with Jones, Driver, and Jennings there.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I like Javon. I hope that these are just comments because he's frustrated at how the season went. It would hurt us more than help us for him to leave. Cap wise, and player wise. When the guy is healthy he's a beast. He single handedly won us some games in 06. I would love for him to stay, but not if he's going to have an attitude like that.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 02:35 PM
This is great news for Glenn Martinez.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Trade him to the Eagles or Vikings, they need a receiver bad.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Trade him to the Eagles or Vikings, they need a receiver bad.

I was just thinking of the Eagles.

He and Williamson could be best mates.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Will give the Eagles Walker and our 2nd rounder for DT Bunkley and RB Tony Hunt (inside joke, some of the freaks here will get it)

DallasChief
12-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Walker is untradeable. The Broncos will have to release him.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:51 PM

Chiefs can have him, he would get a long well with Quitterson

Rex
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM

I dont know. The Chiefs gave 2 draft picks for John Welbourne. Someone might take him.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't really see much value in him with his injuries and attitude. What a selfish *****.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Joe Jurevicius plans to play one more season before retiring as a Brown.

Jurevicius, who turned 33 last week, says he'll "give this thing one go around and probably hang them up." The Browns could look to add a more explosive weapon outside and move him into a third receiver role in 2008.
Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Do you think they would be interested in Javon Walker?

DallasChief
12-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I dont know. The Chiefs gave 2 draft picks for John Welbourne. Someone might take him.

Welbourn didn't have Javon's injury history or huge contract.

MHCBill
12-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I like Javon. I hope that these are just comments because he's frustrated at how the season went. It would hurt us more than help us for him to leave. Cap wise, and player wise. When the guy is healthy he's a beast. He single handedly won us some games in 06. I would love for him to stay, but not if he's going to have an attitude like that.I've been saying it for weeks... Javon is done.

You and some others keep saying he's a beast, he's all about Javon. In your dreams you had him and Marsh and Stokely running routes together next year.

What else do you dream about?

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Looks like we will be looking for a WR in Free agency. Rookie WR's barely have an impact in their first year. We need a veteran who is willing to play the No#2.

MHCBill
12-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Bryant Johnson 9798!!!

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Benard Berrian, Drew Carter, Bryant Johnson, Michael Clayton

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I think Berrian would be the best fit out of that list.
________
Vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

G_Money
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
*laughs*

Well, looks like I was right a few weeks ago when I said Javon Walker was not going to take a backseat to Brandon Marshall.

He has way too much ego for that. A healthy and productive Javon is a good thing, but when things go badly Javon goes in the emotional tank.

Glad we got Stokley signed to that extension, so here's hoping he can be healthy all next year.

~G

underrated29
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Joe Jurevicius plans to play one more season before retiring as a Brown.

Jurevicius, who turned 33 last week, says he'll "give this thing one go around and probably hang them up." The Browns could look to add a more explosive weapon outside and move him into a third receiver role in 2008.
Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Do you think they would be interested in Javon Walker?

wHO Or what would we trade for though? I think they might consider it, but i cant think of who we would want from them, that would be somewhat equal and they would be willing to part with.

Cribbs and a 2nd. for walker and a 4th? Dunno. Just a poor guess there.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Is it just me or is Javon dishonoring DWill?

It's not that Javon wants to leave, after all he would only be playing second fiddle, it's the way he's going to leave. The team helped him out through his time of distress and this is how he repays the team. DWill would be ashamed of him. Javon says he still has the bloodied clothes he wore on the night of DWill's death because it reminds him to show humility and always be grateful well he is a liar.

Javon can go bust his knee somewhere else.

underrated29
12-31-2007, 03:10 PM
someonme mentioned d. gabriel, whats up with him? I havent heard his name in a long time. You also got to think that the pats are going to let someone go, as they most likely will not continue to play while 1st rd c. jackson on the bench.

I hope javon stays, if not...God heal ROD!!!

G_Money
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Nobody's interested in Javon at that price.

What I really want to know is how his $4 million roster bonus that's due in the Spring affects his cap # for the upcoming year.

How much better/worse are we if we have to cut him?

As far as getting a #2 receiver...Stokley thrived as a #2 when Javon went out, honestly. I'd like a #2, but with Scheffler being the 3rd option we really only need a #2/#3 hybrid and backup in case Marshall or Stokley goes down.

I'm not a fan of Martinez but he can be a backup for a while. There should be some interesting kids in the draft who would fit the bill of what we're looking for and at least one should be available 2nd day. We're looking for 35 catches, give or take.

I'd like at least another wide but we don't have to break the bank to make it happen. Marshall, Stokley, Scheffler & Whoever should be a pretty decent lineup - as long as Jay has the time to find them.

~G

tubby
12-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Benard Berrian, Drew Carter, Bryant Johnson, Michael Clayton

Michael Clayton.

I remember Shanahan had a boner for him the year he got drafted.

If he can get some confidence back, he would be a damm good #2 or 3 wr.

tubby
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Javon Walker: Broncos are "not for me"

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

These comments probably cost Walker $5.4 million dollars.

Yo Javon - Just shut up you dumbass!

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
WR is a horrible position to have a need at. They take time as rookies and as FA's you just don't know how happy they are going to be depending on playing time. Most head cases in the NFL are WR's. Such a gamble.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Javon ultimately showed his true colors. Hit the road.

He is stupid. I guess that 5 on the Wonderlic was accurate.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Someone help here. Is a roster bonus prorated like a signing bonus or do you take a hit on the cap or what. I'd like to know how it effects the cap.

Rex
12-31-2007, 03:40 PM
What makes it bad is, when he is healthy and has his head out of his ass, he is a damn good WR. The problem is, these guys ***** because they dont get balls because if they dont, then they dont get paid. Then they get paid and still ***** about not being "#1 WR". Who cares? Take your millions, get your ass healthy, and try to win. Just shows how little winning actually matters to these millionaire prima donas and how it is true that fans care 10 x more about winning than players do.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Javon sees greatness in Brandon and doesn't want to take a back seat. Real team player there.

slim
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Someone help here. Is a roster bonus prorated like a signing bonus or do you take a hit on the cap or what. I'd like to know how it effects the cap.

My understanding is that a roster bonus has not affect on the cap until it is paid. So, if he is cut before the bonus is due, no cap hit for that bonus. Again, just my understanding...I could be wrong.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Javon sees greatness in Brandon and doesn't want to take a back seat. Real team player there.

" I'm supposed to be the real deal, Shanahan doesn't love me"

"Damn I just busted my knee again"

Kapaibro
12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe he just can't handle it here after what happened last year.

Whatever the reason, bye Javon. Good luck.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Maybe he just can't handle it here after what happened last year.

Whatever the reason, bye Javon. Good luck.

At various points Walker appeared to be trying to go public with his dissatisfaction Monday, saying “you all will see me somewhere along down the road in another situation.” But when asked directly if he was going to ask to be dealt, he was murkier on the subject.

“Um, well, you know what, it depends on them. If they deal me, yeah,” he said. “If not, then it’s a good thing. Whatever helps them out.”

Green Bay made me who I was for a team like this to want to bring me here,” he said. “Maybe it takes a team like that to go back.”

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/31/javon-walker-open-leaving-broncos/
I think it's more that he's an idiot than what happened last year.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
So now we have a retard WR and a dopehead RB we need to unload....neither of which we drafted.

Man, free agency is great....:painkiller:

Rex
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Grass in GB looks pretty good now doesnt it Javon?

G_Money
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Well, we traded a pick for Javon, so we sorta did draft him...

~G

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Green bay is loaded at WR. They don't need or want Javon back.

DallasChief
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
The Packers picked up Jennings with the Broncos pick.

Rex
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Green bay is loaded at WR. They don't need or want Javon back.

Of course not. I am sure it was easy to stomp around and piss and moan in GB when they were 4-12.......and now he is doing the same thing in Denver.

I really thought Denver struck gold with this guy. Now it looks like they have another multimillion dollar P.O.S. that they wont be able to get rid of.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:07 PM

See, that just makes me want to get dressed up in assless chaps and parade down Main Street.

HolyDiver
12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Travis Henry is a top 10 runningback when healthy... problem is he is never healthy. Can he please be next?

Walker and Henry are both 29...................Marshall and Young are both 24.............I say, even if we take a cap hit, trade these two for draft picks. in Denver's Super Bowl years, we only had two good Receivers anyway................Since we utilized the TE as basically our #3. Stokely is much better in the slot but now I think we just get rid of Walker and go with Marshall and Stokley.................I'm quite sure Walker knows he'll NEVER be the #1 Receiver in Denver................Sounds like another Ashlie Lelie situation. ...................He really messed up this time.

LRtagger
12-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Well then I guess its only fair that they trade us Jennings for Walker straight up :elefant:

HolyDiver
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
So now we have a retard WR and a dopehead RB we need to unload....neither of which we drafted.

Man, free agency is great....:painkiller:

Like I've been saying, lets just start getting rid of older players and players with attitudes and off the field issues...............Walker and Henry were both suppose to come in here and be our stars...............But it looks like they've been outplayed by a 4th round Receiver and a Free agent Runningback.

Dreadnought
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
See, that just makes me want to get dressed up in assless chaps and parade down Main Street.

You'd do that irregardless, wouldn't you?

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I think that this may in part be Cutler's fault. He's planning on working out in the off-season with Marshall and Scheffler, at least that's what he said in his post-game interview. If I were Walker and my QB left me out like that I'd be pretty willing to head someplace else as well.

Check it out here: http://www.milehighreport.com/

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:30 PM
You'd do that irregardless, wouldn't you?

Well, this is the tipping point.

Rex
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I think that this may in part be Cutler's fault. He's planning on working out in the off-season with Marshall and Scheffler, at least that's what he said in his post-game interview. If I were Walker and my QB left me out like that I'd be pretty willing to head someplace else as well.

I know how it feels to be left out by your friends.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:33 PM

That is a gay post, sir. Is Javon a wittle baby? Does he need his diaper changed? Give me a break.

At some point Javon had a chance to make himself part of the team, regardless of injury. Look at Rod. The prima donna BS is lame.

Which got me thinking:

Prima Donna Javona.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I know how it feels to be left out by your friends.

CSWIL, was going to ask you, what are you doing the second weekend in March?

G_Money
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I assume Cutler already knew what was on Javon's mind.

Cutler wanting to go make his connection with Brandon and Tony even more outstanding is a good thing. I do worry that Scheffler isn't gonna stay healthy enough to be a long-term solution as a pass-catching TE, but we'll see.

I'd honestly like to see him try to work on chemistry with some guys he's not as comfortable with like Stokley and Graham, but I assume the three 2nd year guys are all still bachelors so they don't have the ties that the older guys do that would keep them home in the offseason.

Still, Javon was sulking even while he was injured that the balls were not coming his way as much as he'd like. Jay Cutler was very polite not to say, "If you were ever open or could jump higher than a gerbil I would throw it to you."

Once he felt he was ready and Shanny wasn't letting him play, Javon just let it fester further.

Jay, Brandon and Tony all like each other's company. I sure wouldn't be inviting the sulky guy on a trip to improve chemistry and togetherness either.

But Javon keeps digging these holes for himself wherever he goes. It must be nice to think you're the greatest receiver ever, no matter what your health is, and that you deserve tens of millions of dollars just for being you.

But it's about to play itself out for the second team in 3 years.

~G

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 04:41 PM
That is a gay post, sir. Is Javon a wittle baby? Does he need his diaper changed? Give me a break.

At some point Javon had a chance to make himself part of the team, regardless of injury. Look at Rod. The prima donna BS is lame.

Which got me thinking:

Prima Donna Javona.

Oh please, I'm not excusing it, I'm just saying lets not be so quick to rip apart Javon. It's not like he threatened a hold out or anything he just said this isn't the place for him.

I can understand that when he sees Cutler make an effort to get Marshall a hundred catches, at his expense. Or when he sees Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler making plans to work on timing. He'd be stupid if he didn't see the wind blowing in a different direction.

The manly thing to do would be to go talk with Cutler directly. It is after all better for a WR to have another guy to take some pressure off of you than it is to be the only target.

Wait and see how it all plays out before getting your panties in a knot about what a jerk Javon is.

Rex
12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
CSWIL, was going to ask you, what are you doing the second weekend in March?

I pray sir that you are not teasing me.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I assume Cutler already knew what was on Javon's mind.

Cutler wanting to go make his connection with Brandon and Tony even more outstanding is a good thing. I do worry that Scheffler isn't gonna stay healthy enough to be a long-term solution as a pass-catching TE, but we'll see.

I'd honestly like to see him try to work on chemistry with some guys he's not as comfortable with like Stokley and Graham, but I assume the three 2nd year guys are all still bachelors so they don't have the ties that the older guys do that would keep them home in the offseason.

Still, Javon was sulking even while he was injured that the balls were not coming his way as much as he'd like. Jay Cutler was very polite not to say, "If you were ever open or could jump higher than a gerbil I would throw it to you."

Once he felt he was ready and Shanny wasn't letting him play, Javon just let it fester further.

Jay, Brandon and Tony all like each other's company. I sure wouldn't be inviting the sulky guy on a trip to improve chemistry and togetherness either.

But Javon keeps digging these holes for himself wherever he goes. It must be nice to think you're the greatest receiver ever, no matter what your health is, and that you deserve tens of millions of dollars just for being you.

But it's about to play itself out for the second team in 3 years.

~G

This is where I think leadership comes. A leader goes to the sulky gets him to stop sulking, and works with him so they can play together.

Being a QB isn't about spending time with guys you like it's about what's best for the team. That's having two great WR who both have chemistry with the QB.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh please, I'm not excusing it, I'm just saying lets not be so quick to rip apart Javon. It's not like he threatened a hold out or anything he just said this isn't the place for him.

I can understand that when he sees Cutler make an effort to get Marshall a hundred catches, at his expense. Or when he sees Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler making plans to work on timing. He'd be stupid if he didn't see the wind blowing in a different direction.

The manly thing to do would be to go talk with Cutler directly. It is after all better for a WR to have another guy to take some pressure off of you than it is to be the only target.

Wait and see how it all plays out before getting your panties in a knot about what a jerk Javon is.

I have no choice but to wait.

I think the thing that bothers me is that Javon needs to shut his mouth and keep this crap private. In the event some team did want him, by him opening his mouth, he just blew all leverage the Broncos might have had.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 04:48 PM
This is where I think leadership comes. A leader goes to the sulky gets him to stop sulking, and works with him so they can play together.

Being a QB isn't about spending time with guys you like it's about what's best for the team. That's having two great WR who both have chemistry with the QB.

You've got a great point man. You don't see Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne crying to Peyton about passes thrown their way....Peyton keeps them in check, and makes sure that everyone is happy. Jay needs to do the same thing. We're better off with Javon as a Bronco a team, and with the cap #.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 04:48 PM

Well, what do you have planned?

BroncoJoe
12-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Kind of hard to get 100 catches when you're riding a bike on the sideline or sitting on the bench because you're hurt. He had a couple nice games to start the season if I remember right. Not Cutlers fault (or Marshalls either) Javon got hurt.

If anyone's panties are in a know, it's Walkers.

tubby
12-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Well, what do you have planned?

Keep it in the lounge guys. Thanks.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 04:52 PM

I agree. While I don't like JAvons comments, according to schwab who I like as a writer,

http://www.gazette.com/sports/walker_31472___article.html/don_broncos.html

Walker said if the team asked him to come back he would accept that, and would be fine with whatever the team chose to do with him this offseason.

So while I don't like the attitude, I also think fans are taking his comments way to far IMO. It does show some of the same BS he had in Greenbay, but withuot the mudslinging thank god. I just think Javon is upset. He had great timing and repoir with Cutler at the start of the season. He had high expectations fo himself that have since become a shadow to Marshalls.

Now I do not have the tapes to breakdown the plays, but I cannot say whether Javon was open a lot through out the game. I would wager he wasn't open nearly as often as he has been in the past, and some of the balls thrown his way looked like he and Cutler weren't o nthe same page, but Cutler did admit to be targeting Marshall specifically, which if JAvon was open could be somewhat frustrating.

I don't like how JAvon is dealing with his frustration. This is talk best reserved for closed doors with the staff. If he felt that badly about it, then go do something about it. Don't whine to the media and the fans, your just asking to get lamb basted as an a-hole by everyone. However I just don't feel this is the same thing as GB where he called Farve names and the coaching staff incapable. He seems far more willing to work with the Broncos, but unfortuantely his way of letting the staff and players know is bass ackwards.

So I agree exile, people are taking his comments to far, but I also feel Javon should have dealt with this with mroe class (which I'm sure you agree). Its a very tough situation he has created now that the staff must deal with, and if he stays the players must work with.

G_Money
12-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Javon didn't want to listen to Brett Farve, why is he going to change his ways with Jay Cutler?

Javon's out for Javon. He wants his hundred catches, his thousand yards, his Pro Bowl appearances....Javon wants the spotlight, and the money that goes with it.

Just the money isn't enough. In his mind, getting his thousand yards IS being a good teammate because it'll help the team win.

But if he's not getting what he wants, he's a sulker. That's just his MO.

You can try to drag him out of it, but a banged up and injured Javon is also a pouty whiner.

When he's healthy, he's terrific, because he's in a good mood and he's also being productive for the team.

But unhealthy he was always gonna be a problem. You can say it's Jay's fault for not being nice enough to Javon to include him on trips or throw the ball his way more when Brandon was going for 100 catches, but Brandon caught the balls coming his way while Javon didn't do much - again.

Javon could have said, "I'm spending my off-season getting healthy and being prepared to be the next Broncos reciever with 100 catches. Can't let Brandon out-do me."

He didn't say that. He said, "This sucks, I'm taking my ball and going home. Wait, no I'm not, but I will...or I could...if you want me to leave I will, nothing's stopping you from forcing me out...really...my ball's right here...I can just grab it..."

Javon's a big boy making tens of millions of dollars. I don't feel a need to coddle him. If he can't earn his place on the team as a #1 receiver then I don't know why he feels like he deserves it.

And I don't know why Cutler would be expected to do something about Javon's misplaced expectations. He can't make Javon run faster, jump higher, sulk less, work harder, have the correct surgery done, or mouth off less to the press.

If Javon did all those things for himself, Cutler could then throw him the ball more. But before I worry about what other teammates are doing for Javon I'd worry about what Javon is doing for his teammates.

~G

gobroncsnv
12-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

What would be so bad if THAT happened??

You could see it in his body language yesterday... "I'm a wide receiver for the Broncos, and all I got was a couple of lousy sideline routes... they made me block and everything."

WHAT is the deal where most of our positions where we are at the biggest point of need become stinkin' head cases? Would have really been cool to watch him with 100% health, and BMarsh on the other side now having some experience... I don't know for sure that he's gone, but there's nothing any more that makes me thing he'll be around next year.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree. While I don't like JAvons comments, according to schwab who I like as a writer,

http://www.gazette.com/sports/walker_31472___article.html/don_broncos.html

So while I don't like the attitude, I also think fans are taking his comments way to far IMO. It does show some of the same BS he had in Greenbay, but withuot the mudslinging thank god. I just think Javon is upset. He had great timing and repoir with Cutler at the start of the season. He had high expectations fo himself that have since become a shadow to Marshalls.

Now I do not have the tapes to breakdown the plays, but I cannot say whether Javon was open a lot through out the game. I would wager he wasn't open nearly as often as he has been in the past, and some of the balls thrown his way looked like he and Cutler weren't o nthe same page, but Cutler did admit to be targeting Marshall specifically, which if JAvon was open could be somewhat frustrating.

I don't like how JAvon is dealing with his frustration. This is talk best reserved for closed doors with the staff. If he felt that badly about it, then go do something about it. Don't whine to the media and the fans, your just asking to get lamb basted as an a-hole by everyone. However I just don't feel this is the same thing as GB where he called Farve names and the coaching staff incapable. He seems far more willing to work with the Broncos, but unfortuantely his way of letting the staff and players know is bass ackwards.

So I agree exile, people are taking his comments to far, but I also feel Javon should have dealt with this with mroe class (which I'm sure you agree). Its a very tough situation he has created now that the staff must deal with, and if he stays the players must work with.

You're right, it's a tough situation all the way around right now. I just hope it gets handled well. I would love to see three wide sets of Walker, Marshall, and Stokely.

HolyDiver
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
He said his knee feels great..............But we all know he also said...........less than a month ago, that his knee will not be 100% until the offseason. He sounded really bitter to me. Not sure what his problem is. And why does he think the Packers would even want him back now. I truely feel he is unhappy he is no longer the #1 Receiver. He apparently didn't follow the Lelie trade very closely.

corzman69
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Wide receivers should be seen and not heard......cya Javon!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Another article on Javon and more

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=83669

ENGLEWOOD (AP) - Javon Walker stopped short of demanding a trade like he did two years ago in Green Bay, but he suggested Monday that it might be best for everyone if the Denver Broncos sent him packing.

"It's not that they don't want me here, but I just don't think it's the best fit for me," Walker said as he prepared to meet with coach Mike Shanahan for his exit interview.

The Broncos (7-9) expected to compete for a championship but they lost Walker for two months after he underwent a third operation on his right knee and Denver posted its first losing season since 1999.

So, big changes are expected this offseason, perhaps starting with the departure of defensive boss Jim Bates, although Walker sounded as though he'd like to be the first one out the door.

Walker said he wouldn't ask for a trade but just didn't see himself fitting into Denver's plans in 2008, when he's due to make about $7.5 million in salary and bonuses.

He has said he wouldn't be amenable to restructuring his contract despite his injury-riddled season and that he just needs an offseason of rest to return to his Pro Bowl form after catching only 26 passes for 287 yards and no touchdowns this season.

In his absence, second-year pro Brandon Marshall blossomed into the Broncos' primary receiver with 102 catches for 1,325 yards and seven TDs, and slot receiver Brandon Stokley played so well that he received a three-year contract extension.

In a rambling eight-minute group interview in front of his locker that was eventually cut off by the team's public relations staff, an unusually jovial Walker said he can still be a great receiver but probably for somebody else.

"I just don't see it happening for me here," he said. "What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me (in Denver), it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."

This was the first indication that Walker was unhappy in Denver, although he acknowledged last summer that he initially wanted out after cornerback Darrent Williams died in his arms in a New Year's Day drive-by shooting that remains unsolved.

Walker asked out of Green Bay after missing the 2005 season with a knee injury that occurred in the Packers' opener, the very thing his then-agent Drew Rosenhaus feared when Walker was threatening to hold out for more money.

Walker was upset that the Packers dismissed his contract complaints and also didn't appreciate Brett Favre telling him to put up and shut up, so he was traded to Denver on draft day in 2006, signed a five-year contract extension worth more than $40 million and had a stellar season for the Broncos.

It's become apparent to Walker that he had it good in Green Bay, where the Packers capitalized on his deep threat ability much more than the Broncos have.

"Green Bay made me who I was for a team like this to want to bring me here," Walker said. "So, maybe it takes a team like that to go back."

Walker suggested, however, that he could find happiness if he stays in Denver.

"Yeah, if they do want me back, I greatly appreciate it," he said. "If not, you've got to move on."

Shanahan, who has called this the toughest season of his 13-year tenure in Denver, was unavailable for comment. He's scheduled his season-ending news conference for Jan. 7.

Plenty of players and some coaches are steeling themselves for another offseason shuffle in Denver.

Coordinator Larry Coyer was fired last year despite a top-10 defense but the Broncos proved unable to master Bates' system that worked so well in Green Bay and Miami.

The Broncos eventually ditched the hallmarks of Bates' system and went with smaller tackles and put eight men in the box.

"I just don't think we had any consistency or any confidence at any point in ourselves as players or in the scheme that we were running," defensive back Domonique Foxworth said. "I think it's important that we build that into the next season, that we find something that we're good at and we stick with it from start to finish."

They ranked 19th in overall defense and 30th against the run.

"It was unfortunate it didn't work here because I like his system," said defensive lineman Kenny Peterson, who was with Bates in Green Bay. "He has a good system, it's proven, it's tested."

Linebacker Nate Webster said too much youth put the Broncos in a pickle, but Foxworth suggested the problems stemmed from the scheme actually being a hybrid.

"I think we tried to hold over some techniques from what we had been doing, which don't necessarily blend well with what we were switching to," Foxworth said. "It wasn't 100 percent commitment, I don't think, from Day 1 to the new scheme."

The Broncos sorely missed the leadership of linebacker Al Wilson, waived for health and salary concerns, and quarterback Jake Plummer, who retired after losing his job to Cutler.

Receiver Rod Smith missed the whole season with a hip injury and is facing the possibility of career-ending hip replacement surgery. Other veterans who might not be back are safeties John Lynch, who is pondering retirement, and Nick Ferguson, who was benched over the final month, and offensive linemen Matt Lepsis and Ben Hamilton. Center Tom Nalen, who missed most of the year with a torn biceps, hopes to return.

Although the Broncos dedicated their season to the memories of Williams and running back Damien Nash, their deaths hung over the team all year.

"Everything pretty much I've done this year is something that I would have done with D-Will, so everything is a reminder," Foxworth said.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Javon didn't want to listen to Brett Farve, why is he going to change his ways with Jay Cutler?

Javon's out for Javon. He wants his hundred catches, his thousand yards, his Pro Bowl appearances....Javon wants the spotlight, and the money that goes with it.

Just the money isn't enough. In his mind, getting his thousand yards IS being a good teammate because it'll help the team win.

But if he's not getting what he wants, he's a sulker. That's just his MO.

You can try to drag him out of it, but a banged up and injured Javon is also a pouty whiner.

When he's healthy, he's terrific, because he's in a good mood and he's also being productive for the team.

But unhealthy he was always gonna be a problem. You can say it's Jay's fault for not being nice enough to Javon to include him on trips or throw the ball his way more when Brandon was going for 100 catches, but Brandon caught the balls coming his way while Javon didn't do much - again.

Javon could have said, "I'm spending my off-season getting healthy and being prepared to be the next Broncos reciever with 100 catches. Can't let Brandon out-do me."

He didn't say that. He said, "This sucks, I'm taking my ball and going home. Wait, no I'm not, but I will...or I could...if you want me to leave I will, nothing's stopping you from forcing me out...really...my ball's right here...I can just grab it..."

Javon's a big boy making tens of millions of dollars. I don't feel a need to coddle him. If he can't earn his place on the team as a #1 receiver then I don't know why he feels like he deserves it.

And I don't know why Cutler would be expected to do something about Javon's misplaced expectations. He can't make Javon run faster, jump higher, sulk less, work harder, have the correct surgery done, or mouth off less to the press.

If Javon did all those things for himself, Cutler could then throw him the ball more. But before I worry about what other teammates are doing for Javon I'd worry about what Javon is doing for his teammates.

~G

I don't really think Walker has handled it all that well, but let's not exaggerate what he said.

At the same time I can understand why he didn't listen to Brett, the second time around. Brett had signed a hundred million dollar contract, and then he turned around and told Walker to be quiet and play for the money he had. Walker did that and got hurt in the very first game, only then did he hold out for a trade.

I think my expectations for QBs is higher than those for WRs, because the QB controls who gets the ball and who doesn't. A WR has to be confident that if he is open he will get the ball. I think Walker has a legit, although small reason to question that.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 05:49 PM
If Javon is going to be a brat, no one is going to stop him.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 05:56 PM

In 2006 he played in all 16 games.

Broncolingus
12-31-2007, 06:13 PM
(...to Javon...)

http://www.chrisbrocious.com/assets/images/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Well...Bye.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Keep him and make him prove he deserves the ball. Rod and Eddie Mac each had 100 catches and 1,000 yards in our offense. Why can't Javon and BM?

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Keep him and make him prove he deserves the ball. Rod and Eddie Mac each had 100 catches and 1,000 yards in our offense. Why can't Javon and BM?

Because Javon is always injured...

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
"I just don't see it happening for me here," he said. "What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me (in Denver), it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."

Enough said right there..

Rex
12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Enough said right there..

Exactly. Javon dont like to compete. Period.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
At least Shanny has experience handling this situation. All he has to do is flip back in his diary to the Ashley Lelie days.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Javon Walker is NO Ashley Lelie.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 07:03 PM

Just acts like him. Little crying *****.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Better talent, same soggy tampon.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=A659291CBACC3C0855BA292C7DB0F144 ?contentId=5357768&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

G_Money
12-31-2007, 07:17 PM
From this RMN article:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/31/javon-walker-open-leaving-broncos/

Walker’s contract will likely need to be addressed in some fashion, regardless. His salary-cap figure for next season is $7.05 million. But getting rid of him would accelerate prorated monies forward to the tune of $8 million, plus a significant penalty for not picking up part of the $5.4 million in bonuses he’ll be owed in the coming months.

I hate the salary cap sometimes. How can you have a penalty for not paying someone a roster bonus that don't get because they aren't on the roster?

That's going to be one of the more intriguing things this offseason - what we do about Javon. To avoid paying the roster bonus he has to be cut before the draft, IIRC.

I'd really love to see a breakdown of his contract and what it looks like for us if we cut him this year, or next year, or keep him.

If the difference between keeping him and cutting him is a million dollars but it saves us his 2009 salary totally then I'd do it. This is one of those instances where you need Brandon Marshall learning how to be a pro from Rod Smith, not Javon Walker. If Javon can't handle being the #2 and working his way back into the progression by actually getting open and doing something with the ball then we don't need him around.

With his knee problem it's not like we're guaranteed anything near #2 production anyway. He claims it'll be better after an offseason to rest it, but based on the surgery he had and the surgery he turned down, I wouldn't bet on that.

He doesn't want a pay cut, he doesn't want to play second-fiddle to BM, and he wants to be vocal about it. You can't trade him at his salary without taking on someone else's ridiculously underperforming headcase, so I don't see many solutions other than "keep him and hope he changes his tune" or "cut him before you pay out that 5+ million dollars in bonus cash."

Hey, at least the off-season is starting with a bang.

Hopefully Bates gets canned next week and we can all join hands and sing in joyous celebration.

~G

G_Money
12-31-2007, 07:23 PM
He's very...chokable in that interview.

"Hey, there's no slipoff in MY talent."

Well are you happy in Denver?

"Noooo. We'll have to wait to see what happens."

"I love the fans of Denver, and the city of Denver..." Without saying a word about his team, his teammates, nothing.

Great year for Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler is up and coming, but "I just don't see it happening with Javon here." Edit: Actually, he says he loves the guys and the city but that he doesn't see it happening "FOR JAVON" here.

For fun, somebody should count the # of times he says "Somewhere else" in this interview.

Gah.

~G

gobroncsnv
12-31-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't mind that the team would owe a player the signing bonus... The players have to have some guarantee of payment for past performance. But the other side, is that the owners could use some protection as well, not so much for personal fortune, but in the hits that they take when a player doesn't play up to their pay level. Injuries are part of the game, but if the bad attitude thing starts to rear it's ugly head, the players should have to give back some of the money that they signed up for. They get the money because they are supposed to play.
The flip side is, the owners will cut someone who played well, but is too much cap hit. No easy answer here, but a little of this petulance crap goes a long way.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
That didn't sound as bad as some people have made it out to be, at least that is the way I see it.

I really don't think it would be a good idea to get rid of Walker. We are much more dangerous team with him healthy.

topscribe
12-31-2007, 07:34 PM
While we are bashing Javon, we might head on over to the Broncos site and
listen to his interview: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609 .

What I read from the press was a great deal different from what I heard from
Javon's mouth. The press made it sound as if Javon wants out. Javon simply
was saying, as I inferred, he was ready to go if the Broncos wanted to deal
him away.

I get the impression that if the Broncos work it out with him where he will
stay, then he will be productive here. I had him pegged as a "quitter," from
how the press conveyed it, but after listening to the interview, I don't get
that impression.

-----

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM

him away.

that impression.

-----

That's exactly how it sounded to me as well.

broncofanatic1987
12-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I hope the Broncos cut him rather than trade him, unless they can trade him without having to pay the bonus money themselves.

pnbronco
12-31-2007, 07:49 PM

him away.

that impression.

-----

I was thinking the same thing. In fact at the beginning I was thinking what are they talking about. It seemed like they kept pushing him to make it into a bigger story.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
I hope the Broncos cut him rather than trade him, unless they can trade him without having to pay the bonus money themselves.

Cutting him would cost us more than trading him assuming we could find a willing trade partner. I doubt Javon is going anywhere.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I watched the video and It seems to me that Walker is holding back his true feelings. He seems hurt about something. He seems upset with the style of offense Denver runs and doesn't see himself in the spot light like with Brandon Marshall being there. He talks as if he doesn't belong and that he wants out if at all possible.

broncofanatic1987
12-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Cutting him would cost us more than trading him assuming we could find a willing trade partner. I doubt Javon is going anywhere.

If it's true that the report inaccurately described the interview, then I would also say that he's not likely going anywhere. It would certainly be better for the team if he stayed and comes back healthy. Not just for the salary cap but to make the team competitive for next season.

BroncoBJ
12-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Damn.... I really like Javon. I hope he sticks through.
We will have a good Recieving core next year with him.

And Marshall caught 1002 balls? Damn :lol:

pnbronco
12-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I watched the video and It seems to me that Walker is holding back his true feelings. He seems hurt about something. He seems upset with the style of offense Denver runs and doesn't see himself in the spot light like with Brandon Marshall being there. He talks as if he doesn't belong and that he wants out if at all possible.

I was just thinking that one year ago today was probably the worst night of his life. He very well could be hurting and football is the "safe" subject. He does have some real talent so I hope they can work things out.

Tned
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
In 2006 he played in all 16 games.

Yes, it seems people have forgotten how well he played in '06.

If the knee is too far gone, that is one thing, but the guy played great last year.

pnbronco
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
Damn.... I really like Javon. I hope he sticks through.
We will have a good Recieving core next year with him.

And Marshall caught 1002 balls? Damn :lol:

JC4 did I miss something or are you starting the New Year early?

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 08:17 PM
It still seems weird to me that Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler are going to Atlanta to work out together during the off season and guys like Walker, Graham, and Stokely seem to be the odd men out.

Watchthemiddle
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
So last year when Walker was the #1 the Broncos were for him.

This year with his injuries and not getting the looks on the field, the Broncos are no longer for him.

I will cut him some slack though after what happened to him one year ago. THen again, Marshall was in that Limo too and he turned out better then expected. So, I don't think that had anything to do with it.

topscribe
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
It still seems weird to me that Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler are going to Atlanta to work out together during the off season and guys like Walker, Graham, and Stokely seem to be the odd men out.

I'm not sure that's a big deal.

Stokley's not going either, it would seem. Neither is Graham. :noidea:

-----

Tned
12-31-2007, 08:22 PM

I just figured it was more to do with the three of them being the young guys, still trying to learn the game, the offense (shanny's) and each other.

Tned
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure that's a big deal.

Stokley's not going either, it would seem. Neither is Graham. :noidea:

-----

Graham, like Henry, probably can't go anywhere because of the contract. I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but he got a healthy contract/signing bonus.

pnbronco
12-31-2007, 08:28 PM

You know I thought so too. In the "old" days Elway would work out with all the receivers that stayed in town. I saw Mac and Rod down there several times. I'm pretty Plummer did it too, not sure about Brian G. IMO if he would stay in town after a break it would promote the whole "team" unity.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Guess we could have more to worry about... we could have the Rivers and Hardwick in the shower together in their little boy shorts thing.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 08:37 PM
If it's true that the report inaccurately described the interview, then I would also say that he's not likely going anywhere. It would certainly be better for the team if he stayed and comes back healthy. Not just for the salary cap but to make the team competitive for next season.

I watched the video and it gives you an entirely different perspective.

I agree having Walker back healthy makes the offense better.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 08:39 PM

him away.

that impression.

-----

Well, I said it earleir in the thread that I think the press tends to villify these sort of scenarios and fans over react.

However I did feel as the interview started I would agree on your assesment of Walker but as he was asked the same questions over and over he seemed to become more and more stern in his assesment that he can contribute somewhere else.

I think the biggest thing is the pressure from the ocaching staff for him to restructure, and that Walker is likely preparing, as he has said is unwilling to restructure, that he could be let go for financial reasons and is trying to say he can preform at a high level for other teams out there.

I do feel after watching him talk about Marshalls season that there is a little desire to have htose stats and be that player this year for Walker. He seems to want to be the guy, not a guy on the team, but the guy in his position. We'll see how it works out, but based on the interview I get mixed messages from his responses. He sounds very vague on his responses about staying with the team, but seems very detailed in the fact that he can produce somewhere else and finding that team that fits his needs.

After watching the interview, I don't think I took the same thing away from it as you did. I do think the press has blown it out of proportion though, and as a result fans are reacting very harshly. I just hope he tries to work through it rather then out of it here in Denver. His 06' season was the only reason we won some games. The 06' Bronco Steeler game was the Javon Walker show. I think he still has games in him like that.

Unfortunately, especially when working with a young QB like Cutler, its all about trust and repoir between the WR and QB. It shows in his passing with Scheff and BMarsh. That comfort level exists and improves every week. The fact they are all going to work out together is just another sign of that (and its good news for Broncos fans if they are all inked in to long contracts, as the futures so bright, we gotta wear shades). Venting like this to the media will only help distance Walker from Cutler and hurt their production if he stays for the coming year. Its a shame to because Walker is that deep threat WR this team so desperately needs.

topscribe
12-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Graham, like Henry, probably can't go anywhere because of the contract. I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but he got a healthy contract/signing bonus.

Actually, I was responding to BOSSHOGG30's allusion that Javon wasn't joining
Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler in Atlanta, to which I was pointing out that no
one else was, either.

-----

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, it seems people have forgotten how well he played in '06.

If the knee is too far gone, that is one thing, but the guy played great last year.

He said in the interview that his knee is healthy.

NameUsedBefore
12-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Maybe he's being honest? I mean, someone kinda died in his lap here; that's emotional baggage no matter which way you look at it.

BroncoBJ
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
JC4 did I miss something or are you starting the New Year early?

:lol:
At the end of the Article it said he caught 1002 balls. :eek:

But I just saw the interview with Javon.
He does seem really upset.
I really hope we keep him.

This offense will be scary with a healthy Javon as well as Marshall, Stokes, Sheff, and co. :salute:

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
What a puss. Step up, or take a hike, turd-breath. No room for quitters or talented players who back down from a challenge. Adios, zebrafart.

:wave:

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 09:18 PM
What a puss. Step up, or take a hike, turd-breath. No room for quitters or talented players who back down from a challenge. Adios, zebrafart.

He hasn't quite nor did he say anything about quitting.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 09:18 PM

I just spit KY all over my laptop.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 09:21 PM
WR from Oklahoma State, Adarius Bowman, would look good in Orange and Blue and he reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=A659291CBACC3C0855BA292C7DB0F144 ?contentId=5357768&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Just watched it. I feel for the guy, but only so much. I wish he would of manned up and given the real reason for his feelings. I have to say, it's a total punk move on his part.

In my opinion, I think he feels snubbed by Cutler and the offensive playcalling. He feels he is a better player than Denver is allowing him to be, so he can't achieve his goals. But he could achieve them in Denver, and we would love for him to do so. The answer is not to whine about it to the media, but to confront the team and tell them how he feels. If he really believes in himself, he would have no problem asserting himself in OTAs and spring ball, and bringing his game back up to the level he's capable of. But he's revealed that he values himself over the team, and the fact that he feels he is denied the chance to prove he's a top 5 WR is no excuse. Ball clubs win championships through the power of the team, not through the efforts of individuals seeking personal glory. He failed to put the team first, again, and that is a reflection on his character. I really wish he would have handled the interview better, but he let his passion get the better of him. It's disappointing that he's burned this bridge.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Maybe he's being honest? I mean, someone kinda died in his lap here; that's emotional baggage no matter which way you look at it.

From the interview it sounded more like a guy frustrated because he wasn't involved more in the offense after coming back.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 09:32 PM
WR from Oklahoma State, Adarius Bowman, would look good in Orange and Blue and he reminds me of Brandon Marshall.

While I to like Bowman where he has a great blend of strength, size, and explosiveness, I don't feel that even with Walker gone that WR is such a pressing concern as to warrent a 1st round selection of a WR (as Bowman IMO is likely a top 10 - 15 selection). If it comes to him being the BPA, then I say go for it, but I think other positions have more presing needs and there should be talent in the Broncos drafting range at those positions.

My two cents for what they're worth.

For those who don't know Bowman, here is a video of some of his highlights.

http://www.bowman12.com/video.html

Medford Bronco
12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Who could we package henry and walker to?............... San Fran for their 2nd?????

you in dreamland to excpect that for
a weedhead and a crybaby.

I love your optimism but its unrealistic.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
While I to like Bowman where he has a great blend of strength, size, and explosiveness, I don't feel that even with Walker gone that WR is such a pressing concern as to warrent a 1st round selection of a WR (as Bowman IMO is likely a top 10 - 15 selection). If it comes to him being the BPA, then I say go for it, but I think other positions have more presing needs and there should be talent in the Broncos drafting range at those positions.

My two cents for what they're worth.

For those who don't know Bowman, here is a video of some of his highlights.

http://www.bowman12.com/video.html

Is he really projected to go that high? I figured guys like DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, D.J. Hall, Limas Sweed, Mario Manningham, Malcolm Kelly and Early Doucet III would be taken before him.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Just watched it. I feel for the guy, but only so much. I wish he would of manned up and given the real reason for his feelings. I have to say, it's a total punk move on his part.

In my opinion, I think he feels snubbed by Cutler and the offensive playcalling. He feels he is a better player than Denver is allowing him to be, so he can't achieve his goals. But he could achieve them in Denver, and we would love for him to do so. The answer is not to whine about it to the media, but to confront the team and tell them how he feels. If he really believes in himself, he would have no problem asserting himself in OTAs and spring ball, and bringing his game back up to the level he's capable of. But he's revealed that he values himself over the team, and the fact that he feels he is denied the chance to prove he's a top 5 WR is no excuse. Ball clubs win championships through the power of the team, not through the efforts of individuals seeking personal glory. He failed to put the team first, again, and that is a reflection on his character. I really wish he would have handled the interview better, but he let his passion get the better of him. It's disappointing that he's burned this bridge.

Bingo!! He sees what Brandon is doing. He knows Cutler has a good rapport with Scheff and and the 2 Brandons. His ego is getting involved and he feels left out. He don't want to play second fiddle to Marshall.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Is he really projected to go that high? I figured guys like DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, D.J. Hall, Limas Sweed, Mario Manningham, Malcolm Kelly and Early Doucet III would be taken before him.

I expect him to go that high. I knwo a big WR hasnt come out of the Big 12 in a long time, but this kid has a special type of blend of size, strength, and burst. I wouldn;t be surprised to see him climb the charts personally and warrent a high selection, if not at least a mid 1st round.

mopatt24
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
What round is DJ Hall projected to go in?

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
What round is DJ Hall projected to go in?

Some palces have DJ HAll going around the the #25 overall pick, others have him early to mid second round. Things will change of course as the combine and senior bowl happen, but a few things stick out to me about DJ Hall. Sometimes he is fantastic, other times he seems to disappear altogether. He is a fantastic verticle threat but comes out of his stance to high off the line sometimes, and has been known to have some attitude problems this year (specifically his commitment to the team). All these things will help him drop IMO, because he also is only a so-so run blocker and could use a little bulk.

REmember, everything until the draft is speculation, but thats what I feel about DJ.

EDIT: I expect him to likely be late 2nd personally unless he stuns at the combine.

Rex
12-31-2007, 09:56 PM
He said in the interview that his knee is healthy.

What else is he going to say?

Marshall stepped up to the front of the lunch line and King Javon is limping around at the back telling the other kids that he used to be that guy. He does not like it. Now he is pissed.

Watchthemiddle
12-31-2007, 10:01 PM

Marshall stepped up to the front of the lunch line and King Javon is limping around at the back telling the other kids that he used to be that guy. He does not like it. Now he is pissed.

I have to say, Javon getting hurt might have been the best thing to happen for the Broncos. I know that sounds twisted, but we all got to see a special talent emerge in Marshall that we would not have seen if Javon was healthy all season.

Now, if we could have both players on the field at the same time for 16 games healthy, that would be special.

Rex
12-31-2007, 10:03 PM
I have to say, Javon getting hurt might have been the best thing to happen for the Broncos. I know that sounds twisted, but we all got to see a special talent emerge in Marshall that we would not have seen if Javon was healthy all season.

Now, if we could have both players on the field at the same time for 16 games healthy, that would be special.

Of course it would. But Javon is not of the mentality that 2 guess producing for the team is better than Javon getting 100 catches.

TXBRONC
12-31-2007, 10:05 PM

He didn't have to say anything.

Did you watch the interview? I did, and from what I saw Walker didn't come off as pouty.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 10:07 PM

Did you watch the interview? I did, and from what I saw Walker didn't come off as pouty.

If there were no issues to begin with, Javon would of talked about coming back next year and playing with Marshall. He could of diverted any speculation by talking about next year and something positive.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 10:08 PM

But he did.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
But he did.

I thought his body language said it all. Not quite 'pouty', but certainly disengaged.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
If there were no issues to begin with, Javon would of talked about coming back next year and playing with Marshall. He could of diverted any speculation by talking about next year and something positive.

I think one of the things that we should remember before condemning Walker as too many are doing, is that this interview isn't what started the speculation about him being gone.

When you keep in mind that part of his response to the questions has got to include the reports that he would have to restructure or get cut he really doesn't seem that pouty. I'm sure he's thinking why should I take a pay cut, I can still produce.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I think one of the things that we should remember before condemning Walker as too many are doing, is that this interview isn't what started the speculation about him being gone.

When you keep in mind that part of his response to the questions has got to include the reports that he would have to restructure or get cut he really doesn't seem that pouty. I'm sure he's thinking why should I take a pay cut, I can still produce.
Then why didn't he come out and say it? It was a punk move for him to use his time in front of the cameras to focus on his plight. If he felt he was being cornered into restructuring his contract, he should have said so. "I think there's too much speculation about my drop in performance. I had an injury--it happens in the NFL--but I'm ready to prove I'm still one of the best WRs in this league. I hope it happens in Denver, because I love it here--I hope the team recognizes that I'm still the same playmaker I've always been--but I don't have any control over that. All I can do is continue to do my best and let things take care of themself."

But he didn't say anything like that. He threw the team under the bus, and that's hard to forgive, no matter how trying his personal travails.

topscribe
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Then why didn't he come out and say it? It was a punk move for him to use his time in front of the cameras to focus on his plight. If he felt he was being cornered into restructuring his contract, he should have said so. "I think there's too much speculation about my drop in performance. I had an injury--it happens in the NFL--but I'm ready to prove I'm still one of the best WRs in this league. I hope it happens in Denver, because I love it here--I hope the team recognizes that I'm still the same playmaker I've always been--but I don't have any control over that. All I can do is continue to do my best and let things take care of themself."

But he didn't say anything like that. He threw the team under the bus, and that's hard to forgive, no matter how trying his personal travails.

I saw the video, too, as I indicated earlier in this thread.

I didn't see anywhere, where Javon "threw the team under the bus."

That sounds like an exaggeration to me.

-----

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 10:50 PM

He's bitter and he's all about Javon. That's my opinion. I had my say in previous posts in this thread. i don't really blame him for not wanting a pay cut, but throw that out and he still wouldn't be happy knowing Brandon is going to take some balls away from him, more than he ever thought.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 10:51 PM

Exactly. So easy to read between the lines.

Fan in Exile
12-31-2007, 10:54 PM

He didn't throw the team under the bus, never said anything bad about the team at all.

Just because he didn't say what you would have doesn't mean he should be cut. I'm sure it's a lot harder to come up with the right thing to say when you're surrounded by cameras, and have reporters badgering you and shoving microphones in your face.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 10:56 PM
He didn't throw the team under the bus, never said anything bad about the team at all.

He didn't say anything about the team period. All about Javon.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I saw the video, too, as I indicated earlier in this thread.

I didn't see anywhere, where Javon "threw the team under the bus."

That sounds like an exaggeration to me.

-----

Although he didn't say anything directly derogatory about the Broncos, he did say that the offense 'wasn't for him' and visibly perked up when he considered the idea of returning the Green Bay. His body language was plain: he doesn't like the Broncos. If you belong to a team, and you make public the fact that the team is doing a disservice to you personally, that means to me that he's burning bridges and discrediting his team. It is an exaggeration, but it captures the effect of his interview. I'll give him some credit though, he was much more respectable that Randy Moss in the same situation.

topscribe
12-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Although he didn't say anything directly derogatory about the Broncos, he did say that the offense 'wasn't for him' and visibly perked up when he considered the idea of returning the Green Bay. His body language was plain: he doesn't like the Broncos. If you belong to a team, and you make public the fact that the team is doing a disservice to you personally, that means to me that he's burning bridges and discrediting his team. It is an exaggeration, but it captures the effect of his interview. I'll give him some credit though, he was much more respectable that Randy Moss in the same situation.

Plus the fact you interpreted it that way. I didn't.

Guess we'll see in time, eh?

-----

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 11:19 PM

Just because he didn't say what you would have doesn't mean he should be cut. I'm sure it's a lot harder to come up with the right thing to say when you're surrounded by cameras, and have reporters badgering you and shoving microphones in your face.

I don't think he should be cut, but I expect he has a steep uphill climb now. If he does an about-face and gets his attitude together, there's no telling how dangerous a Walker-Marshall combo could be. I would love that. But I got a chance to see Walker coming from the heart, and I was disappointed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he was being pestered by the reporters, and they tend to feed on those situations, but as a Bronco fan, I guess the only way to sum it up is to say that he hurt my feelings. I don't want to see such a talent give up on his team. Could the team have given up on Javon? Certainly, but we have no way to know that. We can know about Javon though. It's a crappy situation, and I'm not a big fan of Javon right now, even if that bitterness is misplaced. I would have hoped for a more positive, team-oriented response from Javon, and his focus on himself is what makes me want to tell him to take a hike.

Hawgdriver
12-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Plus the fact you interpreted it that way. I didn't.

Guess we'll see in time, eh?

-----

Hey, if Javon has a right to get emotional about his situation, don't I have a right to the same about my team? :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 11:24 PM
His attitude is the exact reason Denver didn't make the playoffs... I'm sure he isn't the only one in that locker room who puts himself 1st. We need team 1st guys if we want to win more games.

Npba900
12-31-2007, 11:33 PM
This is great news for Glenn Martinez.

I don't think Martinez = Walker!

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
12-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah i was dreaming this would happen. Now hopefully hes healthy so a team can jump at him, But if the price is not first day id just cut him.

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 12:32 AM
man im sad about this whole situation because javon is one of my favorite broncos. i think he is upset that he didnt get a little more invloved the last few games to prove that his knee really is ok. in fact i dont blame him. they really should have tested it out. now, if we get offered a 4th rounder or higher for him then i think it would be in denvers best interest to deal him. like someone said if we take a slight hit this year and a small hit next year then we should just deal him IF javon a.) knee is degenerate or b.) becomes disgruntled to the point he is a cancer. if our offense doesnt fit two #1 wr's then im really disapointed. i think shanahan needs to go out of his way re-elvaluate the playbook to find ways to utilize both marshal AND walker.

with that said, marshall IS my favorite bronco. ive been screaming for the broncos to give this guy a deal all year and now he has produced so much that they will have to give him a bigger deal because they waited to late. he does deserve the contract, maybe we will do it this offseason. marshall's game is from another planet. the guy can block like a beast, break tackles like a ninja, get open like 7-11 and burn you like the mohave desert. next year will be his 3rd season and i dont think we have seen anything yet.

omac
01-01-2008, 12:33 AM

him away.

that impression.

-----

Great link, topscribe! :salute:

Darn, I hate it when an article paints a very different picture of what actually happened. Some writers have to be shot. :D

But seriously, he didn't sound whiny at all; he didn't bring down any of his teammates, nor the Bronco organization.

He just sounds like a guy going through some tough times, not knowing if he's still wanted in Denver or not. And it just sounds like he's giving himself some outs just in case Denver decides to cut him or trade him. He's trying to make the best out of his volatile situation.

Despite all that's probably going through his mind, he still comes off as pretty classy. The article was ridiculously way off, and some of you all might want to take back some of your comments.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Great link, topscribe! :salute:

Darn, I hate it when an article paints a very different picture of what actually happened. Some writers have to be shot. :D

But seriously, he didn't sound whiny at all; he didn't bring down any of his teammates, nor the Bronco organization.

He just sounds like a guy going through some tough times, not knowing if he's still wanted in Denver or not. And it just sounds like he's giving himself some outs just in case Denver decides to cut him or trade him. He's trying to make the best out of his volatile situation.

Despite all that's probably going through his mind, he still comes off as pretty classy. The article was ridiculously way off, and some of you all might want to take back some of your comments.

I only saw the interview, not the article. I've cooled off a bit from my initial reaction, but I stand by my last post. I'm willing to take back the zebrafart comment.

Cleveland Rocks
01-01-2008, 12:51 AM

How about another take on it.

Yes, I'm not a Bronco fan. So, naturally, I don't have an emotional stake in the issue. But from the outside looking in. Perhaps that event left emotional scars with Javon. Perhaps, every time Javon puts on that jersey he is reminded of the events that he witnessed with Williams? Just an outside opinion.

omac
01-01-2008, 01:00 AM
I only saw the interview, not the article. I've cooled off a bit from my initial reaction, but I stand by my last post. I'm willing to take back the zebrafart comment.

:D That's a good start. :cheers:

I don't think he's given up on the Broncos; sounds like with the injuries he's been through and the emergence of Marshall, he's scared the Broncos have given up on him. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Npba900
01-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Let's hope cooler heads prevail here! We aren't exactly stocked at the WR position, and Stokely is not exactly a spring chicken with coming of a ruptured Achilles heel last year and of course missing the last three games with his knee.

My take on this is, Javon is frustrated as hell b/c he first injured the knee in the Dallas preseason game. Then he worked to re-hab the knee and had two consecutive 100 yard receiving games. One thing is for sure.....Javon is no quitter and is a true warrior!

Javon is frustrated b/c this season was supposed to be his break out year to justify his bonus pay out for the 2008 season. He's been wanting that big pay day since leaving GB. Javons' attitude turned sour when rumors started flyng that Denver will more than likely ask him to take a large pay cut!

I don't know how much money Walker is due in 2008....but lets say its negoticate a ball park figure of $6 mil, Denver should negotiate and say pay Javon $4 mil and defer the other $2 mil. Javon showed loyalty by trying to rehab and comeback! Denver needs to show the same loyalty offer Javon a fair restructure.

Which brings me to my point, Javon was injured in the line of duty. He did not injure his knee breaking up a fight at IHOP--his knee was injured in the line of duty while putting it all on the line for his team and organization; Javon just wants to see the same comittment from management. Both player(s) and owner(s) know the NFL is a violent and injury prone occupation, he's proven what he can do when healthy, its not like he paid someone to injur his knee.

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 01:27 AM
im just pissed that javon made such a crappy statement on new years eve. this is what pisses me off the most. the guy totally disrespected dwill day of memory. couldnt he have waited a couple of days just out of respect and memory?

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 01:32 AM
id like it to go down like this.

trade javon for a 4th rounder to any team that will make this deal. use a 2nd rounder to persuade new england to trade chad jackson. IF they would deal him then that would be sweet. after all, im sure they are going to offer randy a huge contract and they are more than set with welker and donte. i really wanted jackson in the draft but we went with walker instead.

topscribe
01-01-2008, 01:36 AM
im just pissed that javon made such a crappy statement on new years eve. this is what pisses me off the most. the guy totally disrespected dwill day of memory. couldnt he have waited a couple of days just out of respect and memory?

Wow, take it easy on Javon here. If anyone in this world has been affected
. . . indeed, devastated . . . by D-Will's death, it's this guy. Most of D-Will's
blood ended up in Javon's clothes.

Could it be that Javon's outburst is a form of grieving and torture inside? If
anybody has respect and memory, it's Javon.

In fact, let's not be too affected by this interview. It might be that, a couple
weeks down the road, when the anniversary of D-Will's death is a bit past,
we just may hear a different story from Javon.

But let's not jump around too hard on Javon about D-Will.

-----

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 01:55 AM
. . . indeed, devastated . . . by D-Will's death, it's this guy. Most of D-Will's

In fact, let's not be too affected by this interview. It might be that, a couple

-----

im just saying top. that since javon was close friends with dwill and was not only there that night but held his dying friend in his arms. then you would think that respect on the eve of a 1year anniversary of a fallen teamate and friend would come into play.

why choose tonight to say what he said? why not wait a couple of days?

i want to give javon the benifit of the doubt, i really do. but bad bad bad timing on his part.

topscribe
01-01-2008, 02:08 AM
im just saying top. that since javon was close friends with dwill and was not only there that night but held his dying friend in his arms. then you would think that respect on the eve of a 1year anniversary of a fallen teamate and friend would come into play.

i want to give javon the benifit of the doubt, i really do. but bad bad bad timing on his part.

When one is torn apart emotionally, timing may be the last thing on one's mind.

-----

sneakers
01-01-2008, 09:22 AM
someone probably already mentioned this....but this is the same stunt he pulled up in Green Bay. They were lucky to get rid of him so cleanly.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
:D That's a good start. :cheers:

I don't think he's given up on the Broncos; sounds like with the injuries he's been through and the emergence of Marshall, he's scared the Broncos have given up on him. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

Man, I would be seriously despondent about the Broncos if that was the case, you know, the loyalty not going both ways? I've always thought that was the hallmark of our classy organization. I'd rather not entertain that thought, you feel me? Truth's prolly in the middle, eh?

Retired_Member_001
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM

-----

You may have a point Top. It's just it sounds to me like Javon is throwing a tantrum because he hasn't had the kind of year Brandon Marshall has had.

It's 50/50.

I have a feeling Shanahan will talk to Javon and try and work things out.

It doesn't mean that I'm not dissapointed with Javon though.

Davii
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Personally, I can understand why Javon is frustrated and doesn't feel the Bronco's are for him. Javon wants to be the star, he wants to be the #1 receiver, and it seems Marshall has that locked up.

I hope Javon realizes he can still be a star in Denver, whether he's #1 or #2. I hope come back and plays the 2008 season in Denver.

However, if he doesn't, good luck to you Javon, hope it works out for you wherever you go, just please understand when I do not root for you, or if you do play against the Bronco's hope that Champ takes every pass intended for you to the house.

pnbronco
01-01-2008, 11:00 AM

DB I understand your frustration. Just keep in mind that the players have to check out after their last game, which was yesterday. The bad timing is that it's the one year anniversary of DWill. It is a feeding frenzy there with reporters and they are looking for a story. Did you notice when he kept being pushed how all the mics started showing up.

When I first saw him at camp he did not look the same from last year. There is a deep pain in his eyes. He said early on that he would not do counseling, so does he know what to do with his pain, I don't think so. I think yesterday was the just end of a horrible year for him. I just hope that cool heads can sit down work things out.

MHCBill
01-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Suitors for Javon?

Minny, Tennessee, Philly...

Can we possibly get a #3 for him?

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Suitors for Javon?

Minny, Tennessee, Philly...

Can we possibly get a #3 for him?

No. No one wants an injury prone receiver for that price. Randy Moss went for a 4th....There is no way that we get anything more than a 5th or 6th for Javon, and IMO, a 5th or 6th isn't worth getting rid of him.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
No. No one wants an injury prone receiver for that price. Randy Moss went for a 4th....There is no way that we get anything more than a 5th or 6th for Javon, and IMO, a 5th or 6th isn't worth getting rid of him.

I think that if the only factor was the injury consideration, he's go for 4th or even 3rd. He did show that he was healthy enough to take the field, and it would probably be contingent on a physical or perhaps tied to an incentive clause (ie if he makes X completions for X yards) to guarantee it. But that's not the only factor. Even more serious will be the same thing that affected Randy--the loyalty factor. I think a team would be leery of taking him because they would be concerned about a repeat of what he did to Green Bay, and now Denver. But teams will be thinking about upside, having witnessed the rebirth of Randy Moss, when they are shopping for WRs, so it's possible that some would pay more of a premium to land a guy with proven results. If he does get dealt, I figure it will end up being for a 4th, possibly ending up a 3rd on player performance. Of course, the FA supply of other WRs will play a factor, and I don't know how that will affect things.

Stargazer
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I log on today and this is what I read for the New Year???

Can we please drop Javon's pic at the banner across the top. The Broncos Forums, for the fans by the fans.

Yuck!

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 12:51 PM
It's 50/50.

I think what's frustrating Javon is he has a feeling he will be cut. I think he is worried that his injury and level of play has tremendously dropped off from last year. Then he is due 7.5 million next year. This is when teams decide to cut players. The Broncos i'm sure have been silent and hav'nt came to Javon yet to tell him all is ok and they have faith that he will fully recover. I'm sure he was expecting some affermation about him being utilized as a major role to this offense. So now his only way of trying to speed this up is to come out publicly.

However, I hope Shanahan does meet with Javon sometime in the next couple of weeks and finds a way to sort this all out. Javon is a very explosive player and anything less than a 4th round pick would be a waste.

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Can we please drop Javon's pic at the banner across the top. The Broncos Forums, for the fans by the fans.

Yuck!

Yeah no doubt.....please add Brandon Marshall!!! :salute:

pnbronco
01-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Yuck!

Even though I'm willing to cut Javon some slack, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe we could have a poll of who their MVP is, everyone gets one vote and the winner gets to be on the banner. Is that possible?

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Did you watch the interview?

Yeah there is an issue but say that Javon doesn't want to play here anymoer is flat wrong. I what I saw and heard was a frustrated player. He didn't say he wanted out of Denver.

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Even though I'm willing to cut Javon some slack, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe we could have a poll of who their MVP is, everyone gets one vote and the winner gets to be on the banner. Is that possible?

That would be cool. I'd vote for Champ or Marshall. My 2 favs.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM

How did he disrespect DWill?

Stargazer
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Yes, I'm not jumping on the pound Javon into the ground bandwagon. We'll see how this plays out in the next few months. But, wasn't expecting to read something like that today. Oh well.

I've actually wanted the banner changed to Marshall instead of Javon before today's comments.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
You may have a point Top. It's just it sounds to me like Javon is throwing a tantrum because he hasn't had the kind of year Brandon Marshall has had.

It's 50/50.

It doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed with Javon though.

You gave us the interview clip and it watch it I was not under the impression he was throwing a temper tantrum.

Npba900
01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Okay guys, careful what you wish for! I've noticed a trend amongst some Bronco fans when a talented and valuable player is suddenly injured and salary issues come into play, both the fans and perhaps the organization seem to circle the wagons and start the systematic vilification and began the dialog of the utter uselessness of that player.

Fans, players, and the organization know that injuries are a part of the game, however the greatest bodily risk is always taken by the player. Sure the organization is risking millions of dollars, but lets not forget its the organization most likely that can absorb this lost to a certain degree financially.

What message does the handling of Walker's contract send to Marshall! After all, Brandon plays with a tremendous amount of heart and perseverance (just Walker) and is not a quitter and has mad skills and talents just like Walker; and Brandon sees how the Broncos are handling the Walker situation.

Perhaps Marshall will be hesitant with allowing Denver to sign him to a long term back loaded-cap friendly contract to help the team stay under the cap.....if he knows the organization just might treat him the same way Walker is being treated now.

Marshall just might say "NAW" I'm going to take my chances and become and Unrestricted FA and test the market. His attitude maybe "Why show Loyalty" to the organization that has a history of "What Have You Done For Me Lately" towards their players.

Players need to believe that the organization they play for will take care of them should they get injured in the line of duty, and not ask them to take a humiliating insulting pay cut as a result of a non career ending injury. During FA, players just might want to play for a class organization and take less money b/c they have a chance to play for a class organization that wins. This is the reputation and image the Bronco organization should want to be known for.

As far as Knee Degeneration, when walker returned to action, I did not see him wearing a knee brace to protect his alleged "Degenerative Knee". I don't have game footage of the remaining games that Walker came back to play in after his injury, so I can't comment on whether or not his performance was due to his knee not being fully healed or whether the plays were not being called his way......only Shanahan, Cutler and Walker know the answer to that.

Compromise and cooler heads must prevail in this situation. Bowlen, Shanahan, and Walker need to sit down and see if all sides can come together to ensure Walker will be in a Bronco uniform in 2008.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
What message does the handling of Walker's contract send to Marshall! After all, Brandon plays with a tremendous amount of heart and perseverance (just Walker) and is not a quitter and has mad skills and talents just like Walker; and Brandon sees how the Broncos are handling the Walker situation.

What has the organization done to Javon? :confused:

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Compromise and cooler heads must prevail in this situation. Bowlen, Shanahan, and Walker need to sit down and see if all sides can come together to ensure Walker will be in a Bronco uniform in 2008.

Javon doesn't have a cooler head.

Npba900
01-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Nothing at this point, its still early. However, should negotiations get ugly btwn Walker and Shanahan, ultimately, the Bronco (leadership-organization will side with Shanahan's financial decision with Walker's contract and bonus thats due in 2008.

Npba900
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Let's hope cooler heads prevail here! We aren't exactly stocked at the WR position, and Stokely is not exactly a spring chicken with coming of a ruptured Achilles heel last year and of course missing the last three games with his knee.

My take on this is, Javon is frustrated as hell b/c he first injured the knee in the Dallas preseason game. Then he worked to re-hab the knee and had two consecutive 100 yard receiving games. One thing is for sure.....Javon is no quitter and is a true warrior!

Javon is frustrated b/c this season was supposed to be his break out year to justify his bonus pay out for the 2008 season. He's been wanting that big pay day since leaving GB. Javons' attitude turned sour when rumors started flyng that Denver will more than likely ask him to take a large pay cut!

I don't know how much money Walker is due in 2008....but lets say its negoticate a ball park figure of $6 mil, Denver should negotiate and say pay Javon $4 mil and defer the other $2 mil. Javon showed loyalty by trying to rehab and comeback! Denver needs to show the same loyalty offer Javon a fair restructure.

Which brings me to my point, Javon was injured in the line of duty. He did not injure his knee breaking up a fight at IHOP--his knee was injured in the line of duty while putting it all on the line for his team and organization; Javon just wants to see the same comittment from management. Both player(s) and owner(s) know the NFL is a violent and injury prone occupation, he's proven what he can do when healthy, its not like he paid someone to injur his knee.

Javon doesn't have a cooler head.

You never know....he just might. Its worth the try and effort.

SarahKay
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Well see ya later.

Can't really say I'll miss the guy.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I need a beer after trying to understand that mess.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Just shut up and play football. Let your play do the talking, that is, if Javon can even play. It's too bad that he can't figure out he's a liability to this team. In the age of salary cap, you can't have liabilities like Javon on your team. If he won't take a pay cut, we need to run him out of town, or maybe limp out of town in Javon's case.

Npba900
01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I think we will miss Walker, if Stokely can't make it thru the entire season injury free, and Walker's replacement doesn't pan out. Teams will then double cover and focus on Brandon, thus taking away weapons from Cutler next season. Thats what I'm concerned with.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of the story, and it seems to be a belief that the reporters took what he had to say, ran with it and came up with a shock value story, but Javon has always been a "me" guy, so this isn't surprising. With Brandon Marshall dominating, parting ways with Walker is probable. Just draft a guy or get an average free agent. Someone who can be healthy.

Crush05
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
IMO Javon is frustrated with a years worth of injuries and dealing with the death of a very close friend!!!!! I feel if he has the offseason to get back on track and to work out with some of his teammates he will be ready and willing to be and stay a Bronco!!!!!!!

Npba900
01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
IMO Javon is frustrated with a years worth of injuries and dealing with the death of a very close friend!!!!! I feel if he has the offseason to get back on track and to work out with some of his teammates he will be ready and willing to be and stay a Bronco!!!!!!!

I agree, after this season the players and even the fans are frustrated. We all need an off-season to rejuvenate.

01-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah if he restructures that contract just a few million shorter, Cant ask the man to restructure his deal completly when it just starts to kick in since he signed here. He gotta get paid his money. But me personally i want to trade him cuz he will probably not be healthy for a full season next year also. Marshall, Johnson or Berrian with stokely in the slot works for me.

Retired_Member_001
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
You gave us the interview clip and it watch it I was not under the impression he was throwing a temper tantrum.

He wasn't losing his temper, but to me he was obviously unhappy that he hasn't had a 100+ reception year and it sounded to me like he wanted to leave because of it.

Bronco4ever
01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Staying healthy and being a good teammate is also not for Javon.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
He wasn't losing his temper, but to me he was obviously unhappy that he hasn't had a 100+ reception year and it sounded to me like he wanted to leave because of it.

Wookiee I don't think its obvious that he's unhappy that he hasn't had 100+ reception year. I doubt he would believe that he could reach that mark after missing as games has he did. It seemed to me that this guy that was frustrated by an injury riddled season and by the time he was fully healthy he couldn't for what ever reason make more of a contribution.

Maybe you're right, but at this point we are both guessing.

omac
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Man, I would be seriously despondent about the Broncos if that was the case, you know, the loyalty not going both ways? I've always thought that was the hallmark of our classy organization. I'd rather not entertain that thought, you feel me? Truth's prolly in the middle, eh?

Yeah, I know what you mean, but Shanahan does have the repuation for being all business when it has to do with making the team better. What he did with Rod Smith is not a usual thing.

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 07:00 PM
What he did with Rod Smith is not a usual thing.

I wish he did the same thing with Al Wilson.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:07 PM
The Southtown Star reports it will take more than money to bring free agent-to-be WR Bernard Berrian back to the Chicago Bears. "I would like to know how they're going to address the quarterback situation," Berrian said. "Then, just what we're trying to do with the offense and what's going to be my role. If it's going to be extended or things of that nature." Specifically, Berrian wants the same quarterback throwing to him week in and week out. "What do I want to see? Just stability, not the carousel game," he said. Berrian plans to give the Bears a fair shot at re-signing him. "I really don't want to go anywhere - yet at least," he said. "I really don't want to go anywhere. I like this city, I like where I live and I hate really having to pick up and move. I'm definitely going to listen to see what they have to say and what they really want to do and what's in the future for me here. If we can't come to an agreement on that, then test the market."

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Here we go talking about free agents....I am going to poke myself in the eye with a sharp object.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Here we go talking about free agents....I am going to poke myself in the eye with a sharp object.

Beef, I'm fixing to go make a protein shake. You wanna hook up web-cams later and do some yoga together or something.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
It pains me to say it, but I'm creeping over to the Javon side. The dark side.

I know, I know, I was the one to call him a Zebrafart and a Giraffeturd, and I got a bit lathered up. But I realized something that I hadn't noticed before. And maybe it's just that my short bus stops at all railroad crossings and makes even the most timid of bluehairs honk impatiently, and takes forever to get where the rest of you have already been dropped off hours before. But I had my own Eureka moment while I was on the can reading this thread. I saw a post from one of our members (can't remember who, but a picture of a hottie was the Avy), and my eyes dropped to the sig. It was a Brandon Stokley sig. Suddenly, the light bulb eked out a less sickly glow, and my brain nearly seized up from the heat.

This season, Brandon Stokley joined us after coming off a serious, career-threatening injury. He played well. He got a nice contract. He got injured again.

Meanwhile, Javon, who had just come from a career-threatening injury, played like a badass, and got injured again, was left in limbo.

"Hey, Brandon! We got room for you here! Let's get you all signed up and squared away."

"Oh. Javon. Sorry, didn't see you there. Uh, would you excuse us for a moment?"

What a dis! I can honestly say that would take a lot of the fight out of me. I certainly would question my loyalty to the team. But it seems so plain now. Marshall is the stud--king rooster. Javon is suddenly expendable. He can see the writing is on the wall. The Broncos want to keep their options open. They don't initiate that crucial dialog with Walker, telling him how they want to keep their options open in the offseason. Or maybe they do.

Javon is suddenly trapped. He'll be forced to restructure in order to accommodate the organization's desire to have cap room to land some badly needed talent, when he knows in his heart of hearts that he deserves what Stokley got. He knows he's still got the juice, but he's suddenly vulnerable to the business side of football. That would break my heart if I had been dedicated to the Broncos, and envisioned a long and successful career in my new home--one that he seems determined to still call home.

So I suddenly understood the missing piece. Is the short bus behind schedule, as usual?

I still think he made a mistake by focusing on himself, instead of the team. This could have been handled better by Javon. But the possibility of a cold betrayal--hey, this is strictly business here--now seems real. I admit I am a bit disappointed in the Broncos, but there is a lot of offseason remaining. I really, really hope these guys get everything worked out, because a dedicated, passionate Javon would be something to behold. I'm sure he's not going to roll over in the WR competition. Heck, restructure his contract based on playmaking if you have to. Javon has legitimate goals of being a top NFL WR. When Jake was throwing to him, Javon had more yards per pass attempt than any WR in the league (meaning he had a solid year, but when you consider how little Plummer threw the ball, he should have had a monster year, as in #1 in the NFL in yards), and he had some ridiculously sick highlights. Let him and Brandon duke it out to see who's king. Fitzgerald and Boldin, you say? Hey, it wouldn't be a surprise to me.

This situation has more sides to it than I realized at first. I apologize for calling you a Zebrafart, Javon. But you did piss me off, man.

Still a little pissed.

*hobbles off short bus ramp*
Hey, TX! You been at this stop for a while, eh?

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Poor Javon. Brandon was on a one year deal wasn't he? Javon isn't. The only thing I see is JW got his feelings hurt and instead of taking it to Shanny he chose to talk to the media. He could of talked about the weather, but he didn't. JW doesn't want to take a back seat to BM. I don't think he's concerned about what Stokley got.

Go back yo your old ways, they made more sense.

Tned
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM

I know, I know, I was the one to call him a Zebrafart and a Giraffeturd, and I got a bit lathered up. But I realized something that I hadn't noticed before. And maybe it's just that my short bus stops at all railroad crossings and makes even the most timid of bluehairs honk impatiently, and takes forever to get where the rest of you have already been dropped off hours before. But I had my own Eureka moment while I was on the can reading this thread. I saw a post from one of our members (can't remember who, but a picture of a hottie was the Avy), and my eyes dropped to the sig. It was a Brandon Stokley sig. Suddenly, the light bulb eked out a less sickly glow, and my brain nearly seized up from the heat.

This season, Brandon Stokley joined us after coming off a serious, career-threatening injury. He played well. He got a nice contract. He got injured again.

Meanwhile, Javon, who had just come from a career-threatening injury, played like a badass, and got injured again, was left in limbo.

"Hey, Brandon! We got room for you here! Let's get you all signed up and squared away."

What a dis! I can honestly say that would take a lot of the fight out of me. I certainly would question my loyalty to the team. But it seems so plain now. Marshall is the stud--king rooster. Javon is suddenly expendable. He can see the writing is on the wall. The Broncos want to keep their options open. They don't initiate that crucial dialog with Walker, telling him how they want to keep their options open in the offseason. Or maybe they do.

Javon is suddenly trapped. He'll be forced to restructure in order to accommodate the organization's desire to have cap room to land some badly needed talent, when he knows in his heart of hearts that he deserves what Stokley got. He knows he's still got the juice, but he's suddenly vulnerable to the business side of football. That would break my heart if I had been dedicated to the Broncos, and envisioned a long and successful career in my new home--one that he seems determined to still call home.

So I suddenly understood the missing piece. Is the short bus behind schedule, as usual?

I still think he made a mistake by focusing on himself, instead of the team. This could have been handled better by Javon. But the possibility of a cold betrayal--hey, this is strictly business here--now seems real. I admit I am a bit disappointed in the Broncos, but there is a lot of offseason remaining. I really, really hope these guys get everything worked out, because a dedicated, passionate Javon would be something to behold. I'm sure he's not going to roll over in the WR competition. Heck, restructure his contract based on playmaking if you have to. Javon has legitimate goals of being a top NFL WR. When Jake was throwing to him, Javon had more yards per pass attempt than any WR in the league (meaning he had a solid year, but when you consider how little Plummer threw the ball, he should have had a monster year, as in #1 in the NFL in yards), and he had some ridiculously sick highlights. Let him and Brandon duke it out to see who's king. Fitzgerald and Boldin, you say? Hey, it wouldn't be a surprise to me.

This situation has more sides to it than I realized at first. I apologize for calling you a Zebrafart, Javon. But you did piss me off, man.

Still a little pissed.

Couldn't really tell if this was sarcasm, or not. Assuming it wasn't...

Javon MORE than got his "Stokely-like" payday. This past offseason, Walker got $10 million in signing bonuses, as part of the $40 million contract he signed with Denver.

In his two seasons in Denver, has been paid $12.8 million in salary and bonuses, and is now due another $5 million or so in roster bonuses, to go with a $2 million or so '08 salary.

So, Walker has gotten 'plenty' and much more than Stokley or Marshal in terms of money. The big question is what will he give the Broncos in '08? Will he be the '06 Javon or the '07 Javon? If he is the '06 Javon, then he is worth the $7 million next year (especially if the Broncos can designate the $5 million bonus as roster or option, via a slight restructuring and spread the cap hit over three years, instead of taking it all next year).

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Go back yo your old ways, they made more sense.

:laugh:

Dude, I believe the even pro football should be based on loyalty to the team--and vice versa--above all. Maybe I need to become more jaded and not give a damn about players that might actually give a damn back. For whatever reason, I get the feeling that Javon actually wants to be in Denver, but the organization is forcing his hand, and he really has zero control over his future. That's a frustrating place to be, man.

I do think the Stokley thing is significant. If you're Brandon, and you see the team give Stokley the nod, and then watch Marshall demand and seize the nod (BEAST!!), but the organization remains eerily quiet about your future, when they could easily defuse the situation with a few words? He's being railroaded. That sucks.

Man, I can see both sides of this thing so clearly. I really hope he stays, but we'll see. It is a punk move to spill your heart out like that, at that moment. Bad timing. More than a bit un-manly.

Damn.

Tned
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
:laugh:

Dude, I believe the even pro football should be based on loyalty to the team--and vice versa--above all. Maybe I need to become more jaded and not give a damn about players that might actually give a damn back. For whatever reason, I get the feeling that Javon actually wants to be in Denver, but the organization is forcing his hand, and he really has zero control over his future. That's a frustrating place to be, man.

I do think the Stokley thing is significant. If you're Brandon, and you see the team give Stokley the nod, and then watch Marshall demand and seize the nod (BEAST!!), but the organization remains eerily quiet about your future, when they could easily defuse the situation with a few words? He's being railroaded. That sucks.

Man, I can see both sides of this thing so clearly. I really hope he stays, but we'll see. It is a punk move to spill your heart out like that, at that moment. Bad timing. More than a bit un-manly.

Damn.

I wish someone would railroad me to the tune of $12 million for two years work...

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 07:37 PM

Javon MORE than got his "Stokely-like" payday. This past offseason, Walker got $10 million in signing bonuses, as part of the $40 million contract he signed with Denver.

In his two seasons in Denver, has been paid $12.8 million in salary and bonuses, and is now due another $5 million or so in roster bonuses, to go with a $2 million or so '08 salary.

So, Walker has gotten 'plenty' and much more than Stokley or Marshal in terms of money. The big question is what will he give the Broncos in '08? Will he be the '06 Javon or the '07 Javon? If he is the '06 Javon, then he is worth the $7 million next year (especially if the Broncos can designate the $5 million bonus as roster or option, via a slight restructuring and spread the cap hit over three years, instead of taking it all next year).

Am I that much of a smart-ass? Now I know. I was being sincere, but for whatever reason I decided not to go to sleep last night, so the quality may be slipping.

As you point out, the money is important. You can't blame the Broncos if they do railroad him out of town. Happens, right?

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 07:38 PM

I couldn't agree more. JW got his money. He should be applauding Brandon for getting a little cash too and be a supportive teammate. He should be telling Marshall he's happy for him and next year they will be the best WR tandem in the NFL. He should be happy for both of those guys and make it a point to be something special next year. etc, etc.,

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Beef, I'm fixing to go make a protein shake. You wanna hook up web-cams later and do some yoga together or something.

Yeah. I want to show you this new stretch I invented.

turftoad
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I couldn't agree more. JW got his money. He should be applauding Brandon for getting a little cash too and be a supportive teammate. He should be telling Marshall he's happy for him and next year they will be the best WR tandem in the NFL. He should be happy for both of those guys and make it a point to be something special next year. etc, etc.,

Just goes to prove that Walker is more of a me guy than a team guy.

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe Shanny should sit Javonna the Prima Donna on his lap and tell him we love him. Good grief....it's like dealing with my 2 year old....

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 07:45 PM

I know, I know, I was the one to call him a Zebra fart and a Giraffe turd, and I got a bit lathered up. But I realized something that I hadn't noticed before. And maybe it's just that my short bus stops at all railroad crossings and makes even the most timid of blue hairs honk impatiently, and takes forever to get where the rest of you have already been dropped off hours before. But I had my own Eureka moment while I was on the can reading this thread. I saw a post from one of our members (can't remember who, but a picture of a hottie was the Avy), and my eyes dropped to the sig. It was a Brandon Stokley sig. Suddenly, the light bulb eked out a less sickly glow, and my brain nearly seized up from the heat.

Still a little pissed.

Yeah I've been here since the day the site came on line if I'm not mistaken.

By the end of year Javon was healthy or at least he thought he was healthy enough to contribute more than he did. My guess it that the lack of playing time by season's end couple with an injury riddled season and losing season at that it he was very frustrated.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Am I that much of a smart-ass? Now I know. I was being sincere, but for whatever reason I decided not to go to sleep last night, so the quality may be slipping.

As you point out, the money is important. You can't blame the Broncos if they do railroad him out of town. Happens, right?

Yeah it happens but what other receiver will be out there when healthy could be as productive as Walker? I can't think of one that will be available this year.

turftoad
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah it happens but what other receiver will be out there when healthy could be as productive as Walker? I can't think of one that will be available this year.

Not many could be, the problem is him staying healthy.

Some here have mentioned Bryant Johnson (AZ). I'm starting to think that may not be a bad idea. He's still fairly young and could contribute right away unlike a rookie would.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe Shanny should sit Javonna the Prima Donna on his lap and tell him we love him. Good grief....it's like dealing with my 2 year old....

Hmm. You think he needs a hug?

C'mon fellas, give him a break. Beyond the money thing, this is about Denver giving up on him, when he hadn't given up on Denver. That's cold. I understand it, but it's cold.

Ok, the truth is, I'm secretly experimenting with my powers of persuasion, to see if I can make you guys change your mind. It's working. j/k I really can't make heads or tails of it.

Am I the only one that wants Javon to piss off AND work things out? *crickets*

Yamon. Figurs. (ok, maybe 36 continuous hrs in front of this screen isn't helping matters. I can't even tell what I meant one minute ago. I'm going into read-only mode now).

slim
01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Not many could be, the problem is him staying healthy.

Some here have mentioned Bryant Johnson (AZ). I'm starting to think that may not be a bad idea. He's still fairly young and could contribute right away unlike a rookie would.

I don't think Johnson is the answer. Now, I don't watch every cardinal game and I won't pretend to be an expert, but I have seen enough (and talked to enough cardinal fans) to know that he is way too inconsistent to be a number 2.

Off the top of my head I would say Berrian would be a better choice. But I read another poster over here that follows the Bears and he said Berrian wasn’t the answer either.

Hawgdriver
01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't think Johnson is the answer. Now, I don't watch every cardinal game and I won't pretend to be an expert, but I have seen enough (and talked to enough cardinal fans) to know that he is way too inconsistent to be a number 2.

Off the top of my head I would say Berrian would be a better choice. But I read another poster over here that follows the Bears and he said Berrian wasn’t the answer either.

I'd have to imagine that one of the Seattle receivers will be available. Any of them would work.

BeefStew25
01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Hmm. You think he needs a hug?

C'mon fellas, give him a break. Beyond the money thing, this is about Denver giving up on him, when he hadn't given up on Denver. That's cold. I understand it, but it's cold.

Ok, the truth is, I'm secretly experimenting with my powers of persuasion, to see if I can make you guys change your mind. It's working. j/k I really can't make heads or tails of it.

Am I the only one that wants Javon to piss off AND work things out? *crickets*

Yamon. Figurs. (ok, maybe 36 continuous hrs in front of this screen isn't helping matters. I can't even tell what I meant one minute ago. I'm going into read-only mode now).

Well, regardless of what Javon meant, he needs to keep that crap between him and the powers that be.

Look at the money we have given him. I don't think he has much room to *****. If a 3rd WR/Slot guy makes him insecure, he has issues we can't fix.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
From what I'm reading here it still seems to that having Walker in Broncos uniform is still better than anyone we could bring in from this year's free agent crop.

01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
From what I'm reading here it still seems to that having Walker in Broncos uniform is still better than anyone we could bring in from this year's free agent crop.

Not better than Bryant Johnson or Benard Berrian. And there games match with Cutlers throwing down the field type of arm. javon Walker is history.

Krugan
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Whine whine whine. More over payed atheletes getting their feelers squeezed.

Im sorry, I still dont see why the exstention of Stokely should be something Javon would take as pushing him out the door.

They guy has been out most of this year, and to be honest, his numbers werent eye poping the season before. He wasnt that many receptions above Rod Smith, you know they guy who have had surgery on his bad hip, that season....

He is making far to much money for what he has produced to this point.

There is nothing that has been shown to me that the Broncos have given up on Walker. They have just secured more talent to a WR group that was damn poor, and has been for awhile.

Javon should embrace the fact that there is some talent on the field around him, it should make his job easier. With the defense actualy having to pay attention to other options.

I say good luck, find yourself a suitor and propose you position. This team doesnt need any more drama.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Not better than Bryant Johnson or Benard Berrian. And there games match with Cutlers throwing down the field type of arm. javon Walker is history.

I don't agree. Walker is an excellent deep threat. In '06 I believe he lead the League in average yards per catch.

However, I do agree that Walker's injury history is a concern.

aberdien
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's a few WR's that I wouldn't mind picking up in exchange for Javon:

Jason Avant
Bernard Berrian
Ronald Curry
Mike Furrey

01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't agree. Walker is an excellent deep threat. In '06 I believe he lead the League in average yards per catch.

However, I do agree that Walker's injury history is a concern.

Javon Walker cant stretch the field to Cutlers liking. Now another surgery he just had this year and he came back looking sluggish and slow. Let him get healthy and trade him asap.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Javon Walker cant stretch the field to Cutlers liking. Now another surgery he just had this year and he came back looking sluggish and slow. Let him get healthy and trade him asap.

He stretched the field in 06 just fine. If remember correctly he was one League leader in yards per catch.

Uncle Buck
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Whine whine whine. More over payed atheletes getting their feelers squeezed.

Im sorry, I still dont see why the exstention of Stokely should be something Javon would take as pushing him out the door.

They guy has been out most of this year, and to be honest, his numbers werent eye poping the season before. He wasnt that many receptions above Rod Smith, you know they guy who have had surgery on his bad hip, that season....

He is making far to much money for what he has produced to this point.

There is nothing that has been shown to me that the Broncos have given up on Walker. They have just secured more talent to a WR group that was damn poor, and has been for awhile.

Javon should embrace the fact that there is some talent on the field around him, it should make his job easier. With the defense actualy having to pay attention to other options.

I say good luck, find yourself a suitor and propose you position. This team doesnt need any more drama.

True, nobody likes a whiner. But I'll give Javon this. He's a real person, who has the kahoonas to express his real feelings. Sure, he did not exactly take the "high road" in his human expressions--more akin to T.O.--who eventually landed a pretty good job in Dallas.

But, who in the hell am I to judge? I never had the opportunity to leave one team following an injury, trade it in for another team, play a few good games, then get haunted with even more injuries, have a team mate bleed to death in my lap from a gunshot wound, then sit on the sidelines whilst a new and promising WR is developing before my eyes... all the while, I'm a couple years older, and seeing my career fading in the turf of NFL history.

Yeah, well... I guess Javon gets it. "They shoot horses, don't they?"

sanluis
01-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Jwalker is going no were IMO. He just signed his fat contract and now his knee is messed up. No one is going to take Henry either IMO. They are both high paid injury prone risks. Why would anyone give even a 7th round pick for these guys?? Come on really! And Denver can't really afford to cut them. The cap hit would be terrible!!! These guys are going to be in Denver next year and you guys as well as the players better get used to it. If they do get cut or traded I would be very surprised!!

Why you all saving your hate for just the players?? What about the misguided person or persons that brought these players in?? Don't they deserve some as well?

And another question, Why can't Denver seem to keep any of their wide outs happy except for Rod ?? :confused:

Hawgdriver
01-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Why would anyone give even a 7th round pick for these guys??

Good post, man.

I do think there are teams that would pay dearly for Javon. Minnesota desperately needs a #1 WR, and they are virtually concussed from the Troy Williamson debacle. I could see him topping out at a third round pick. He would be the most talented WR FA available, except for CJ, if he's around.

sanluis
01-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Good post, man.

I do think there are teams that would pay dearly for Javon. Minnesota desperately needs a #1 WR, and they are virtually concussed from the Troy Williamson debacle. I could see him topping out at a third round pick. He would be the most talented WR FA available, except for CJ, if he's around.

What about his knee issue? Do you think the Vikes would take a chance on his knee?

topscribe
01-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Jwalker is going no were IMO. He just signed his fat contract and now his knee is messed up. No one is going to take Henry either IMO. They are both high paid injury prone risks. Why would anyone give even a 7th round pick for these guys?? Come on really! And Denver can't really afford to cut them. The cap hit would be terrible!!! These guys are going to be in Denver next year and you guys as well as the players better get used to it. If they do get cut or traded I would be very surprised!!

Why you all saving your hate for just the players?? What about the misguided person or persons that brought these players in?? Don't they deserve some as well?

And another question, Why can't Denver seem to keep any of their wide outs happy except for Rod ?? :confused:

You know, that's a good question. The Patriots have FOUR receivers who
could start for many teams, plus Ben Watson, and they seem happy for now.
It might behoove Shanny to consult with Bellicheat to learn his secret?

-----