PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Players Exit Interviews...

MHCBill
12-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Beginning at 8 this morning, Broncos players will gather at Dove Valley for their exit interviews with Shanahan. The question is, who will be exiting for good?

What would you give to be a fly on the wall there?

"So Ian, I hear the housing market is down right now?"

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Gold and Henry are the only ones I see getting the hack.

I see many players that could retire or become trade bait.
Lynch, Lepsis, Hamilton, Bell, Henry, Walker, Ferguson, Bly, Moss, Sapp, Foxworth, Paymah

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM

Lynch, Lepsis, Hamilton, Bell, Henry, Walker, Ferguson, Bly, Moss, Sapp, Foxworth, Paymah

Cut: Gold, Ferguson, Bell, Sapp

Retire: Hamilton

Keep- Lynch, Lepsis, Nalen, Henry, Walker, Bly, Moss (wtf?), Foxworth, Paymah.

Just wondering why you think that Denver would cut Jarvis Moss or trade him after he didn't even get to play his full rookie season?

frauschieze
12-31-2007, 10:50 AM

Keep- Lynch, Lepsis, Hamilton, Henry, Walker, Bly, Moss (wtf?), Foxworth, Paymah.

Just wondering why you think that Denver would cut Jarvis Moss or trade him after he didn't even get to play his full rookie season?

Does Ben have multiple personalities I am unaware of?

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Does Ben have multiple personalities I am unaware of?

Woops. Thanks for catching that.

SR
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I hope Abdullah gets the can.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM

Moss is better suited as a 3-4 linebacker or a DE in Bates system... if Bates gets his pink slip Moss will be in a very bad situation suited for his playing style.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM

Why? I've seen him whiff on a couple tackles, but the guy played relatively well for starting for the first time. He delivers big hits, and he can cover. At worst we should keep him as a backup, but I wouldn't even mind him starting, as soon as he learns how to tackle a QB in the open field.

Moss is better suited as a 3-4 linebacker or a DE in Bates system... if Bates gets his pink slip Moss will be in a very bad situation suited for his playing style.

It doesn't matter what he's better suited for. Even if Bates goes, Moss will stay. The guy will be in his 2nd year, and was playing well before he got hurt. I guarantee that we won't trade a 2nd year player that didn't even get a full season under his belt. Hell, we wouldn't even get anything for him!

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Why? I've seen him whiff on a couple tackles, but the guy played relatively well for starting for the first time. He delivers big hits, and he can cover. At worst we should keep him as a backup, but I wouldn't even mind him starting, as soon as he learns how to tackle a QB in the open field.

It doesn't matter what he's better suited for. Even if Bates goes, Moss will stay. The guy will be in his 2nd year, and was playing well before he got hurt. I guarantee that we won't trade a 2nd year player that didn't even get a full season under his belt. Hell, we wouldn't even get anything for him!

I doubt it will happen myself, but I can see it happening. You never know. The Jets might part with Vilma because they use the 3-4 and need another back to replace him. I'm sure there are a few teams that would be interested in him. As for him playing well... I must of missed that.

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM

I love when people say this about guys who've played 4-3 their entire lives.

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Moss will never be in a 3-4 system. He has no coverage skills or any experience in it. I remember watching him in high school and he never sniffed the position. To move him to OLB now would be a 2-3 year prject and that just isn't going to happen. He'll be in the rotation at end.
________
Top Portable Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

SR
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM

He's terrible...that's why.

Rex
12-31-2007, 11:38 AM
He's terrible...that's why.

Totally agree. All it tells you is really how bad Ferguson is....when people got excited about him.

G_Money
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Cut - Mike Bell, Nick Ferguson, Ian Gold, Nate Jackson (torn groin is a tough injury)

Trade - Foxworth - with Bailey, Bly and Paymah all ahead of him he just can't get on the field, and has stagnated at his position. Also can't play safety in any reasonable manner.

Retire - Tom Nalen (I just don't think he'll be able to recover sufficiently from that torn biceps, and you can't play center with one arm), Rod Smith (his hip has ended his career for him), John Lynch (one more neck issue is one too many)

Keep - Chad Mustard (proved he can catch the ball too, gets Nate Jackson's "Scheffler's injury replacement" gig), Lepsis (hopefully a move to the right side will keep him around a couple more years), Paymah (has improved by leaps and bounds), Peterson (a different scheme makes him dangerous...here's hoping for a different scheme), Winborn (already signed extension), Hamilton (will shift to center to replace Nalen while we groom long-term solution), Walker (can't trade him, not worth it to cut him, could still be productive), Henry (see Walker)

Moved to backup role - Pears, Webster, Myers (can't put Abdullah here even though I want to because Lynch is retiring IMO).

Needs:
- At least one LB
- At least one safety
- At least one OT
- Center to groom for the future
- WR in case Javon's knee gets worse
- RB (like every year)
- DL...though good luck with this one

Other than that, we're good to go.

~G

SR
12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Totally agree. All it tells you is really how bad Ferguson is....when people got excited about him.

Ferguson isn't terrible. he's not great, but he's ok enough to be a starter. He didn't get beat too often and he made plays when he had to, but nothing more nothing less. Abdullah is just awful. Dre Bly tackles better than Abdullah, and that is saying a lot.

SR
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Cut - Mike Bell, Nick Ferguson, Ian Gold, Nate Jackson (torn groin is a tough injury)

Trade - Foxworth - with Bailey, Bly and Paymah all ahead of him he just can't get on the field, and has stagnated at his position. Also can't play safety in any reasonable manner.

Retire - Tom Nalen (I just don't think he'll be able to recover sufficiently from that torn biceps, and you can't play center with one arm), Rod Smith (his hip has ended his career for him), John Lynch (one more neck issue is one too many)

Keep - Chad Mustard (proved he can catch the ball too, gets Nate Jackson's "Scheffler's injury replacement" gig), Lepsis (hopefully a move to the right side will keep him around a couple more years), Paymah (has improved by leaps and bounds), Peterson (a different scheme makes him dangerous...here's hoping for a different scheme), Winborn (already signed extension), Hamilton (will shift to center to replace Nalen while we groom long-term solution), Walker (can't trade him, not worth it to cut him, could still be productive), Henry (see Walker)

Moved to backup role - Pears, Webster, Myers (can't put Abdullah here even though I want to because Lynch is retiring IMO).

Needs:
- At least one LB
- At least one safety
- At least one OT
- RB (like every year)

~G

And this is why you got so much praise prior to you coming here. :eek:

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I love when people say this about guys who've played 4-3 their entire lives.

Michael Robinson played QB his entire life, is he better suited as a QB instead of a RB for the 49ers? D.J. Williams played runningback all through high school and was actually recruited into Miami as a runningback, so is he better suited as a runningback? Cornerbacks and even Linebackers in college often become safeties in the NFL. Defensive ends often become linebackers, QB's become wide receivers and runningbacks. You can go on and on look around the NFL... fact is that the NFL is different than college and high school, players are asked to move to new positions all the time that are better suited for their skill level.

BigDaddyBronco
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Agree with everything you put down G.

One worry is that Hamilton's head is in bad shape. Usually guys don't miss a season with a concussion unless it is severe.

Myers did ok though.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Moss will never be in a 3-4 system. He has no coverage skills or any experience in it. I remember watching him in high school and he never sniffed the position. To move him to OLB now would be a 2-3 year prject and that just isn't going to happen. He'll be in the rotation at end.

Neither did Demarcus Ware or Anthony Spencer, but they are doing ok in Dallas.

MOtorboat
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Michael Robinson played QB his entire life, is he better suited as a QB instead of a RB for the 49ers? D.J. Williams played runningback all through high school and was actually recruited into Miami as a runningback, so is he better suited as a runningback? Cornerbacks and even Linebackers in college often become safeties in the NFL. Defensive ends often become linebackers, QB's become wide receivers and runningbacks. You can go on and on look around the NFL... fact is that the NFL is different than college and high school, players are asked to move to new positions all the time that are better suited for their skill level.

Jarvis Moss is not going to play in the 3-4 system.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Jarvis Moss is not going to play in the 3-4 system.

And therefore he will never be anything special in the NFL. JMO

NameUsedBefore
12-31-2007, 11:51 AM

Slippy, I mean Paymah-NOOOOOOOOooooo....!

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Neither did Demarcus Ware or Anthony Spencer, but they are doing ok in Dallas.

Not specifically, but both of them were moved around quite a bit in college. Moss has always been running out of the DE spot.
________
Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://dispensaries.org/)

topscribe
12-31-2007, 11:55 AM

You bet. Then the Broncos will have the same thing they had when they sent Warren down the road.

A big hole.

-----

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM

Needs:
- At least one LB
- At least one safety
- At least one OT
- RB (like every year)

~G

I agree with everything.

There's one thing I think that needs to be added to Needs and that is " At least one more Guard".

:salute:

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Getting rid of Abdullah would be stupid, plain and simple. Moss won't be leaving Denver this offseason, and he's not playing in a 3-4. That is a FACT.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
if Bates gets his pink slip Moss will be in a very bad situation suited for his playing style.

Moss did a very good job of rushing the passer as a rookie and he's up to 275lbs now to help him against the run.

Moss has a bright future ahead of him in Denver in my opinion. Plus, we would get next to nothing for him in a trade.

G_Money
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Ferguson isn't terrible. he's not great, but he's ok enough to be a starter. He didn't get beat too often and he made plays when he had to, but nothing more nothing less. Abdullah is just awful. Dre Bly tackles better than Abdullah, and that is saying a lot.

I don't like Abdullah as more than a ST guy and a backup, but he is better than Ferguson. Ferguson went from okay to atrocious this year without passing Go or collecting his $200.00.

And unlike Ferguson, there's some upside in Hamza's game. Fergie is all downhill from here, and here isn't pretty either, but with Nick and John both looking like they're on the way out we can't very well dump Hamza too.

This was the problem I had with last year's draft. With the loss of Al Wilson we knew we needed a LB, but didn't get one. With Ferguson's and Lynch's injury histories we knew we needed a safety, but didn't get one (in a relatively deep class to boot).

Now we still have those needs, plus the positions we did draft (DL with an OL throw-in) still need help. We didn't solve any of our needs in last year's draft. DL takes a while to catch on and our scheme is something dreamed up by retarded baboons distracted by the pink butt-cheeks of other baboons, so there's always a chance that it's just going to take some time for Thomas and Crowder to start producing like we thought they would. Moss was always a project, and now he's an injured project. Harris has always been damaged goods, and now he's our damaged goods.

But our needs remain the same, and that's a problem.

~G

CoachChaz
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM

Needs:
- At least one LB
- At least one safety
- At least one OT
- RB (like every year)

~G

Good assessment. My only difference is...

I like Webster playing LB. 2nd on the team in tackles and first in TFL. I thought he had a solid season. I wouldn't be too upset if we had to go into next season with him, DJ and Winborn as the starters. I'd love to draft a stud LB early, but if laurinitis isn't available, I'm okay with what we have.

I'd really like Phillips at safety, a big DL (if Bates is still here) and a few OT's. Lepsis is done and pears makes me sick.
________
BUY AROMED VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/aromed-vaporizer.html)

Tned
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM

You really think Shanny would take a $7.5 million cap hit ($2.5 mil if he stays, $10 million against the cap if he is traded/released)?

I just don't see that. It would make more financial sense for him to backup Young, then to release/trade him so early in his contract.

G_Money
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree with everything.

There's one thing I think that needs to be added to Needs and that is " At least one more Guard".

:salute:

I think Harris is gonna slip from tackle to guard. That leaves us with Kuper, Holland, Harris and Snell at guard. Still, you're not wrong, we could use one - and honestly if we can't get a good tackle like Gross to come here then I'd be willing to pay Faneca what he wants to be a guard for us and draft a 1st round tackle like Clady to help our issues.

It all depends on Shanahan. If he has finally realized that he can't just take smaller OL and make a championship line out of them, then there might be progress.

We'll see when Free Agency and the draft roll around, but our ridiculous inability to get first downs and touchdowns on short-yardage through the run game has to be addressed, and that's a trench issue. Keeping Cutler alive is a trench issue.

If he's our future (and he sure does look like it) then we need to keep both his arms attached to his body if at all possible.

Please?

~G

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
I think Harris is gonna slip from tackle to guard. That leaves us with Kuper, Holland, Harris and Snell at guard. Still, you're not wrong, we could use one - and honestly if we can't get a good tackle like Gross to come here then I'd be willing to pay Faneca what he wants to be a guard for us and draft a 1st round tackle like Clady to help our issues.

It all depends on Shanahan. If he has finally realized that he can't just take smaller OL and make a championship line out of them, then there might be progress.

We'll see when Free Agency and the draft roll around, but our ridiculous inability to get first downs and touchdowns on short-yardage through the run game has to be addressed, and that's a trench issue. Keeping Cutler alive is a trench issue.

If he's our future (and he sure does look like it) then we need to keep both his arms attached to his body if at all possible.

Please?

~G

I agree G. Where can you apply to be the new GM? We need you in there ASAP.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan left the locker room after Sunday's game like he didn't plan on being back with the team in 2008.

Ryan was hugging players, and several Raiders said they didn't expect their coordinator to return. Coach Lane Kiffin wouldn't commit to retaining Ryan late last week, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he's let go.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Anyone for a pretty good defensive coordinator? He made the Raiders a respectable defense... that is a pretty good accomplishment.

Buff
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Javon's gone...

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM

Please?

~G

I was actually thinking of Jake Scott, the Indianapolis Colts Guard. He's 26 and does a good job of pass blocking and run blocking. Unlike Faneca he wouldn't demand a massive contract plus he is younger. I really like Faneca, it's just Jake Scott would be a good sign who is younger and cheaper.

Jordan Gross would be an excellent signing in my opinion. He can play LT or RT so we could have Jordan Gross protecting Cutler's blind side and draft a rookie to play RT.

I've been a big critic of the offensive line, so I really hope it gets fixed this off-season.

BeefStew25
12-31-2007, 02:49 PM
our scheme is something dreamed up by retarded baboons distracted by the pink butt-cheeks of other baboons,

~G

I just spit Valvoline all over my computer.

BigDaddyBronco
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I just spit Valvoline all over my computer.

I'm glad Big Oil is your beverage of choice.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I just spit Vasoline all over my computer.

Editted for accuarcy.

Rex
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm glad Big Oil is your beverage of choice.

I need to start a new thread.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan left the locker room after Sunday's game like he didn't plan on being back with the team in 2008.

Ryan was hugging players, and several Raiders said they didn't expect their coordinator to return. Coach Lane Kiffin wouldn't commit to retaining Ryan late last week, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he's let go.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Anyone for a pretty good defensive coordinator? He made the Raiders a respectable defense... that is a pretty good accomplishment.

I'd take Ryan over Bates in a second. Not sure he is one of shanny's types though.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
I'd take Ryan over Bates in a second. Not sure he is one of shanny's types though.

Rob Ryan is one of the best D coordinators out there. Any team that gets him is getting an improvement at DC IMO. It would also be a slap in the face to Al Davis which is always a good thing for us Bronco fans, it just depends on how he parts ways with the Raiders that determines whether thats a plus or minus for Ryan.

However, after flirting with the possibility of a head coaching job with the Raiders last year, I think he will be pursuing a head coaching job if at all possible. Atlanta perhaps?

It will be interesting to see how it turns out, but if things have soured with Bates to the point of parting ways, I'd love to see Ryan here.

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd rather have Rex Ryan from Baltimore.Billick and his staff got fired yesterday.

BigBroncLove
01-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd rather have Rex Ryan from Baltimore.Billick and his staff got fired yesterday.

Rex Ryan is also a great DC, both Ryan boys are IMO. Both will be big players on the coaching market and both will be excellent additions to whatever team they join. I can't believe Rex was fired with Billick. Looks like Baltimore is looking for an exodus, not a change.

However just because Rex was let go doesn't mean Baltimore isn't considering him as a head coach. It doesn't make much sense to me, but its the word on teh street and Rex would take a HC over a DC any day, as any coach would.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/01/AR2008010100396.html

Ryan will be considered for the head coaching job, and former Ravens assistant Kirk Ferentz, now head coach at Iowa, might also be on the list. Newsome said he will "be calling and talking to a lot of people."

http://www.patspulpit.com/story/2008/1/1/105031/0448

So the Ravens move on. Word is that while the Ravens fired the whole staff, including defensive coordinator Rex Ryan who called the timeout on that fateful 4th down in the Patriots game, Ryan is a potential candidate for the new job. Someone will have to explain that one to me. "You're not good enough to be our defensive coordinator. You're fired! Want to be our head coach?"

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
That is dumb. That last line says it all. "You're fired! Want to be our head coach?"

SR
01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Rex Ryan is also a great DC, both Ryan boys are IMO. Both will be big players on the coaching market and both will be excellent additions to whatever team they join. I can't believe Rex was fired with Billick. Looks like Baltimore is looking for an exodus, not a change.

However just because Rex was let go doesn't mean Baltimore isn't considering him as a head coach. It doesn't make much sense to me, but its the word on teh street and Rex would take a HC over a DC any day, as any coach would.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/01/AR2008010100396.html

http://www.patspulpit.com/story/2008/1/1/105031/0448

I would take either of the Ryan guys in a heart beat over Bates right now. But again, I'm a little weary of big name DCs after what has happened with Bates. We'd just as well go hire some guy from some team that half way knows what he's doing and pay him.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2008, 12:28 PM
LOL at whomever suggested Moss would get traded.

He was Shanahan's guy, not Bates. And just because he is biult well for a 3-4 LB, doesn't mean he can't pplay DE in a 4-3 well.

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
LOL at whomever suggested Moss would get traded.

He was Shanahan's guy, not Bates. And just because he is biult well for a 3-4 LB, doesn't mean he can't pplay DE in a 4-3 well.

Pretty crazy idea huh? Yeah. Let's trade our 1st round draft pick (who didn't even get a full year under his belt) just because he LOOKS like he might be better suited for the 3-4, even though he's played in the 4-3 his whole life. Right....I can see Shanny wheeling and dealing him right now...

DenBronx
01-01-2008, 01:15 PM
im with ya on the moss comments silk. moss has big plans for this organization as a FULL TIME de. this would be a wack idea to move him to linebacker. he was doing pretty good until he was injured. remember he was starting as a rookie and was playing next to TERRIBLE dt's. that can make any de and any lb look bad. so next year we come in with some stud dt's and im sure you will see a much better defense.

as for bates, i say fire his ass. seriously. i just don't think the guys really want to adapt to his ways. i'd like us to take a look at either of the ryans.

gobroncsnv
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
And how would the Ryans improve our current personnel? You're just setting yourself up for continued disappointment if you only want to look to improve by schemes and coaching. Should we just change all of our coaches and not draft anybody or sign any new FA's? Do you REALLY think we are set with our roster? Forget the draft and offseason moves, we just need better coaching?

OR, if you do see a need to get better players, then why wouldn't you get some players for a guy who has set up several good defenses and had good success elsewhere?

I always wondered why we never went after a decent front line when Coyer was here. Bates came in, and they FINALLY drafted some kids with potential, but it takes a while for dline players to come into their own.

We need better players and some continuity to develop them into a proven system, instead of changing our ways every season.

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Lmao @ trading Jarvis Moss.....WOW

01-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Bottom line Jarvis Moss will start next year and will dominate. He was coming on starting to get good pressure before he got hurt in a 7 on 7 drill. Theres noway we trade him, The DL should be deep as ever next year with one big stud DT.

Broncospsycho77
01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't care what defense we use... we need to stick with one and continue to tweak it year after year... no more of this coaching carousel stuff.

TXBRONC
01-01-2008, 06:04 PM

I agree about Gold, but not Henry.

fcspikeit
01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Pretty crazy idea huh? Yeah. Let's trade our 1st round draft pick (who didn't even get a full year under his belt) just because he LOOKS like he might be better suited for the 3-4, even though he's played in the 4-3 his whole life. Right....I can see Shanny wheeling and dealing him right now...

Not to mention he is bigger now then when we traded up to get him. :confused:

If Shanahan thought he LOOKS better suited for 3-4 now why would he have traded up to get him to play 4-3 then, when he was even smaller? :rolleyes:

BOSSHOGG30
01-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Not to mention he is bigger now then when we traded up to get him. :confused:

If Shanahan thought he LOOKS better suited for 3-4 now why would he have traded up to get him to play 4-3 then, when he was even smaller? :rolleyes:

If I needed on guy to draft and build a defensive line it would be Shanahan. He is such a great defensive line talent evaluator. (Sarcasm button)

01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
JM will be a stud DE, he just needed to get stronger and a little bigger, But hes in great shape right now. Broncos DL will be fine with a stud NT.

fcspikeit
01-01-2008, 08:35 PM
If I needed on guy to draft and build a defensive line it would be Shanahan. He is such a great defensive line talent evaluator. (Sarcasm button)

I didn't say I agreed with him drafting Moss. But why would the same person that drafted him at 265 to play the 4-3 turn around and trade him the next year because he is better suited for the 3-4 when is is bigger then when he was drafted?

Even if he thought that, he wouldn't trade him after he had only played in 4 or 5 games. He would look like an idiot.

Bronco9798
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I didn't say I agreed with him drafting Moss. But why would the same person that drafted him at 265 to play the 4-3 turn around and trade him the next year because he is better suited for the 3-4 when is is bigger then when he was drafted?

Even if he thought that, he wouldn't trade him after he had only played in 4 or 5 games. He would look like an idiot.

Boss is a Georgia fan. He hates the Gators and players from there. He has a bias, it shows sometimes.

01-01-2008, 09:03 PM

Lmao @ trade Moss, and Paymah, If anything those are the 2 you want to keep, Paymah out played Bly alot of the season. Moss is our first round pick from last year who was doing his thing untill he got hurt in practice. Boss you are seriously lunchin. Everybody else i can agree with needs to retire or be cut but not Paymah and Moss, Bly could stay also but Walker and Henry can go if and i wouldnt mind.

Dreadnought
01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I know he's never been an impact player due to health problems, but I'd love to see Nate Jackson give it another crack. I love the tweener TE/WR hybrids, and he showed a little in the early going. I see a healthy Jackson as a low budget Tony Scheffler, with that same ability as Scheff to open up the middle of the field, esp. as he is a converted WR. I don't know crap about sports medecine, so I can't speak to the ability to recover from a torn groin. G-money is pessimistic, and I respect his opinion. It would be nice to have him back if he can swing it.

01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Nate Jackson has got to GO, This guy is a waste of roster spot every year.

topscribe
01-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I know he's never been an impact player due to health problems, but I'd love to see Nate Jackson give it another crack. I love the tweener TE/WR hybrids, and he showed a little in the early going. I see a healthy Jackson as a low budget Tony Scheffler, with that same ability as Scheff to open up the middle of the field, esp. as he is a converted WR. I don't know crap about sports medecine, so I can't speak to the ability to recover from a torn groin. G-money is pessimistic, and I respect his opinion. It would be nice to have him back if he can swing it.

Among Graham, Mustard, Scheffler, and Jackson, the Broncos have two good
blockers and two good receivers. Nice group, it seems to me.

-----

topscribe
01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't care what defense we use... we need to stick with one and continue to tweak it year after year... no more of this coaching carousel stuff.

Foxworth was saying essentially the same thing in his postgame interview.
Adopt a scheme, not a hybrid, but a true scheme, and go with it. It seems
that is what Bates did at Green Bay, and they took it on the chin for a
while. Look at them now with that scheme.

Funny thing about it, but when you have a scheme and you stick with it, you
know what you need in personnel. Mess around, going here and there, and
there is no way to know what you need.

-----

01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Foxworth was saying essentially the same thing in his postgame interview.
Adopt a scheme, not a hybrid, but a true scheme, and go with it. It seems
that is what Bates did at Green Bay, and they took it on the chin for a
while. Look at them now with that scheme.

Funny thing about it, but when you have a scheme and you stick with it, you
know what you need in personnel. Mess around, going here and there, and
there is no way to know what you need.

-----

TRUE STORY^^ Thats why i said the worst part was actually switching schemes in the middle of the season.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
And therefore he will never be anything special in the NFL. JMO

What makes you think he can't play DE? He's a hell of a lot better suited to be a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB.

Let me guess, the Broncos passed on your guy to draft Moss?......

Simple Jaded
01-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Boss is a Georgia fan. He hates the Gators and players from there. He has a bias, it shows sometimes.

Did he want the Broncos to draft Charles Johnson and Quentin Moses?......

01-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Did he want the Broncos to draft Charles Johnson and Quentin Moses?......

I think so.

Dreadnought
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Nate Jackson has got to GO, This guy is a waste of roster spot every year.

Hey, he made the roster fair and square this year. The guys just snakebit, and I hope he gets another chance. I'm with you on Paymah and Moss FWIW. The one real dud DB we've got on the roster is useless Nick Ferguson.