PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2008 Schedule

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80598fcf&template=without-video&confirm=true

Denver Broncos
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, New England, N.Y. Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Cleveland

SR
12-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Could be a brutal schedule.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Denver Broncos
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, New England, N.Y. Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Cleveland

I will be at the New England, New York, and Cleveland games as well as one Denver home game.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2007, 10:26 AM
16-0 BABY!!!!

Yes, I'm still drunk from yesterday...

MHCBill
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I'll be at the Carolina and Jets games.

SR
12-31-2007, 10:29 AM
16-0 BABY!!!!

Yes, I'm still drunk from yesterday...
I hate waking up drunk from the previous night's drinking. :tsk:

BaiLeY324
12-31-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll be at the Jets game

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Could be a brutal schedule.

Looking at it now it could be. Next year, this schedule could be cake. Most here were thinking Super Bowl in August. 4 months later we're all sitting here wondering what the heck happened. Same could happen to some of those teams. Could be a brutal schedule, could be a cake walk, with the exception of the Patriots.

jrelway
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
ill be making plans to attend the chargers vs broncos game @ invesco. :( long offseason this will be.

Retired_Member_001
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh damn, New England.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Maybe we can start with New England, just to get them out of the way.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Anyone know when the dates will be announced? I'm heading to New York later next year so all being well I can coincide it with seeing the Broncos :beer:

DallasChief
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Anyone know when the dates will be announced? I'm heading to New York later next year so all being well I can coincide it with seeing the Broncos :beer:

Usually in April.

BaiLeY324
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I think you are all forgetting the Belichick is Shanny's bee eye tee see ayych.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Usually in April.

Cheers mate.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I think you are all forgetting the Belichick is Shanny's bee eye tee see ayych.

No. I know that we own the Patriots. I'd just rather play them first so that way, at least if we lose, it's not at a critical time in the year. I'd rather play them early, and not the last 2 weeks if we're battling for a playoff spot is all.

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
At least we know that the Pats won't go undefeated next season because they have to play us and we all know they don't do well against Denver.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:14 PM
At least we know that the Pats won't go undefeated next season because they have to play us and we all know they don't do well against Denver.

True. But we do have to play them AT NE. It's going to be a tough game, and the Patriots player now, are better than they were the last 3 or 4 times we played them. They didn't have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Meriweather, Laurence Maroney, etc....

BOSSHOGG30
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
True. But we do have to play them AT NE. It's going to be a tough game, and the Patriots player now, are better than they were the last 3 or 4 times we played them. They didn't have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Meriweather, Laurence Maroney, etc....

Hopefully we get them in Decemeber then that way we can use our running game, control the clock. Tom Brady can't throw as good in the snow or bad winter weather.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
You never know this early. I thought the schedule looked pretty favorable this year when I looked at it at this time last year. Something like that.

Bronco9798
12-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll be at the KC game in Arrowhead and planning on one game in Denver.

Skinny
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Great googley goo! My Broncs are coming to Charlotte ... that's just a stone throw away from Columbia. I'll probably be Mr. Nosebleed Section Ticket Holder Guy from the Bud Light commercial but there (nose bleed section) nothing like they use to be in these newer stadiums ...

I highly doubt i'll be able to see Okinawa ... but maybe Canada ...

underrated29
12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80598fcf&template=without-video&confirm=true

Denver Broncos

I thought last years schedule (the one we just finished was tough the first part and then hard the second. I guess it was all pretty hard,huh.

anyways i see this schedule as pretty easy.

tough- jax,bolts,miami (always play us tough),New orleans.

IF we dont fix the run game:
REAL tough: miami,jax,bolts,ne,carolina (yes, dwilliams is gonna be good),tampa,ne,oak.

asuming we fix the defense and are not hurt all over the offense i say as of now, that we will:

lose to san diego,saints,jax,drop one to the bills, and kc

So for now i say 11-5, assuming, assuming assuming, healthy,better,draft,etc.

champbronc2
12-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Damn...

When do we play the Bengals???

That is like the only game I can go to since I live like 30 min. from Cincy.

LRtagger
12-31-2007, 03:57 PM
I'll be at the Carolina game :)

Tned
12-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Denver Broncos

At first glance, this looks like a pretty average schedule. Not REAL easy, but certainly not one of the tougher schedules we could draw.

Miami, Jets, and Atlanta have a long way to go.
Oakland and KC while I believe will be tougher than the first three, also finished with 4 wins, like Jets and Atl.

So, these five teams, that will account for 7 of our games, combined for 17 wins, one less than NE.

At the other end of the spectrum, we have the undefeated Pats, who while we typically play well against them, we can't assume that will be the case in '08.

The next tier woulld be, SD, who appear to be back to their '06 form, and likely will be tough in '08.

Jax and Cle deserve a tier on their own, they aren't quite where SD or NE are, but they are probably better than the 'rest'.

Then, we have three teams in the middle: Buf, NO and TB. These are teams that could stay around .500, could be quite a bit better, or could stumble more.

So, if you look at our schedule, it is weighted pretty heavy with some pretty weak teams, based on '07 performances, and recent memory. That doesn't mean that Oak won't be the '08 version of GB and all of a sudden rip off 13 wins, but those types of turn arounds can never really be anticipated.

So, considering that our division (outside of SD) is weak right now, and then we are getting to play another very weak division in the AFC East (outside of NE, of course) plus an average/weak division in the NFC South in '08, I think this is about as easy a schedule as we could have hoped for coming off such a bad '07 season.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll be in Cleveland and Carolina. Any additional games depend on who gets inducted into the HOF this year.

And by the way, we woulda played AT Cincy if we woulda finished the same position in our division that they did in theirs. The schedule is on an 8 year rotation. You always play 1 division from your conference and 1 from the other....plus the 6 in your own division. The other 2 are based on division standings. All games are decided except for 2 from each team's schedule.

In 2009, we are AT BMore, Philly, CINCINNATI and Washington as well as our equal from the AFC South.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcw.htm