PDA

View Full Version : Well it's that time of the year again

BaiLeY324
12-31-2007, 07:55 AM
The offseason. First I'd like to say, thank God I didn't wake up the day after the final game of the season to find a death of one of our players. I seriously still feel the effects of that, what a terrible feeling.

Anyways. The offseason, now the draft gurus will start popping out of the woodwork, the free agency rumors will start mounting, the trade rumors, the NFL combine, the Senior Bowl, MOST IMPORTANTLY THE DRAFT!, etc. The time of the year in about a month and a half through the end of April can be just as exciting as the regular season is. You just have to let it. And then after that? Mini-camps in May, nothing in June, and training camps in July. Oh, and that's also the time when EVERY fan can talk their trash and get away with it!

But anyways. I made this thread to ask for YOUR guys opinions on what your favorite Bronco moments and whatnot of 07' were. Here's the application, I'll fill mine out later. And I know this is hard with the teams struggles, but what I'm trying to do is get the good out of this year, not the bad.

List your top 3:
- Bronco Moments/Plays of 07
- Bronco Games of 07
- NFL Moments/Plays of 07
- NFL Games of 07

Now for some more questions...
- If you could only pick one Bronco on this team to carry onto next years squad, who would it be?
- What do you want the team to improve on most next year?
- Who do you want our first round pick to be used on?
- How will you spend your time trying to speed up the offseason?
- What sport do you follow most during the offseason?
- What have you learned most about this year?

SR
12-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Good thread idea.

My top three favorite Broncos plays of 2007 were the game winning field goal against Buffalo, Shanny freezing Janikowski only for him to miss his second field goal attempt which led to another game winning field goal, and Tony Sheffler's INSANE TD catch (the one where he was pretty much horizontal in the air when he grabbed the ball out of the sky for the TD...I think it was against the Steelers).

My three favorite games of the year...our win over Pittsburgh, our win over KC, and our win over the Vikings last night.

My favorite NFL moment of 2007 was seeing the Patriots go 16-0. Hands down, that is one of the most difficult accomplishments to achieve in sports and I'm glad I was around to see that piece of history take place.

If I could pick one Bronco to carry over to next year it would be, without a doubt, Jay Cutler.

The thing we need to improve most on is a tossup between pass protection and run stopping.

I think we need to use our first round pick on a safety.

I'll speed up my off season by watching as much hockey as I can when I get home. Hopefully the Avalanche make the playoffs. That'll take me through May. The Stanley Cup finals aren't until June, so by the time hockey season is over, football season will be just about ready to go again. that also answers my question about what sport I follow most during the offseason.

BigBroncLove
12-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Lots of great questions... lets see....

Top 3 Bronco Moments:

#1. I have to agree with Seeingred. The game winning fieldgoal against Buffalo is definately tops.
#2. The Cutler to MArshall TD pass right after Hester took back the punt return for a TD (or was it the kick return?). I thought after that all was lost, and in one play they turned thigns around, even though we lost.
#3. John Lynch de-helmeting Tomlinson. I know it meant nothing due to the penalty, and it was another terrible loss, but watching Tomlinson get stuffed like that was fantastic.

---------------------

Top 3 Broncos Games:

#1. The First defeat of the Raiders. I hate the Raiders. I don't hate any other team more. Watching that win, and to do it in such a dramatic fashion while I watched the game with my Raider loving cousin was fantastic.
#2. The 2nd KC game that resulted in a blowout. I hate watching other NFL games like that, but when I watch the Broncos I want to see them dismantle other teams.
#3. The Pittsburgh game as well. What a win, what a way to come back from the bye.

------------------

Top 3 NFL Moments:
#1. Ronnie Browns Touchdown when he ran over two defenders to score. What a massive individual effort by an emerging player. Hopefully he returns at full strength.
#2. Maurice Jones Drew Stuffing Merriman. I still get a big old smile watching 5'7 Jones-Drew smack Merriman on to his back.
#3. On the flip side, I believe it was the second Indy vs JAcksonville game, and Jones drew was barreling through the seam betwen the guards and Bob Sanders comes up and just leveled him. They replayed it in the Indy vs. Tenessee game last night, and it shows what a tremendous talent Sanders is.

----------------

Top 3 NFL games:

#1. Undoubtably watching the patriots tear the Chargers apart. After a week of the Chargers talking trash about the Patriots and cheating, and talking about last years playoff loss, the Patriots beat them into submission. So much so, one quote always sticks out to me by LT.... "Why you messin with them man. Were getting our asses kicked. Sit own. Why you messin with them!" Ahhhhh, that was great.
#2. Jamarcus Russel getting picked apart by the Jaguars. What a great game the JAgs D played. Russel was what? 7 of 23, with 2 interceptions, and a fumble. Wecome to the NFL Jamarcus, hope the hold out was worth it :D.
#3. The slosh bowl with Pittsburgh vs. Miami. When the field was all but flooded and a punt flew into the air and stuck straight into the mud. What a mesy, funny, and interesting affair that was.

-------------------------------------

-Any Bronco into next season? That's a tough one, but I'd have to say Champ. Cutler is a needle nose behind him, but what Champ has done for this team in the past and the player he remains today is something special.

- Most pressing need to fix? Run D. While the Pass protection has been horendous in some games, it has also been servicable in others. I don't think there has been one good game for the Run D that didn't come with stacking the box and sacrificing the pass D in the process.

-First round pick? Best Player Available! However if one position comes to mind, its Defensive Tackle simply because OT has a lot of depth this year.

-Speed the Offseason? With more football (offseason football of course), and lots of beer, women, and relaxation.

-Sport followed through the offseason? Well I pay attention to football the most, but other sport..... Basketball.

-LEarned most? About football or anything? If were talking about anything, its a tie between high energy physics and history pertainng to the civil war, victorian exploration, and lastly sculpting. If we're talking football, I'd have to say that its amazing that it is possible to beat a drug charge in the NFL.

SR
12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
#2. Maurice Jones Drew Stuffing Merriman. I still get a big old smile watching 5'7 Jones-Drew smack Merriman on to his back.

:laugh: Greatness.

BaiLeY324
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Alright I'm going to do mine now...

Top 3 Bronco moments:
1. I agree with you guys. The hustle of the field goal unit in the Bills game to get on the field, get set, and kick it within 15 seconds. Amazing.

2. The Glenn Martinez punt return TD against the Titans. Man, it felt good to have a punt return for a TD, it's been so long(Deltha's against the Pats in 2003 I think)

3. Yeah, it hurts to say this, but... Brett Favre's overtime TD to Greg Jennings. That throw was a thing of beauty, if you want to see how a deep ball should be thrown, just watch that. Even if it was against our team, it was undoubtedly one of the best throws of the year.

Top 3 Bronco Games:
1. The 2nd Chiefs game. I actually said earlier in that week to my friend that we haven't had a 140 yard rusher since 04. Then? Selvin breaks off 156. Haha, feels good to pound the Chiefs heads in.

2. Titans. I was so pumped going into that game, knowing the playoffs were in sight, and then we came out and dominated like that for really the first time of the year, felt good to win big.

3. The Vikings game last night. I feel like our fortunes turned around during that game, just like last year, we blew a lead in the 4th quarter. However, instead of blowing it completely, we rebounded and fought to the last second. Hopefully we can take that winning momentum into next year, just like we took that losing momentum of last year into this year. Also, the Redskins-Cowboys game was on until it was literally over, but then they switched to the Broncos game right before Elam kicked the field goal and it was so great to see the last play of the year for the Broncos.

I also felt as if that snow that was falling in Denver last night represented D-Will's spirit, I don't know, it just feels like it was something magical to me. Maybe that's just me though. I feel like what happened last night should have happened last year against the Niners, I guess I live in the past too much though.

Top 3 NFL Moments:
1. Marion Barber's run where he broke out of something like 5 tackles to prevent being brought down for a safety. Amazing run.

2. Brady, Moss, and the Patriots breaking records, and going undefeated. I hated seeing it, but I think it's something that was going to happen sooner or later, and I'd rather see them do it than a team like the Chargers.

3. Watching the Redskins making this run at the playoffs right now in memory of Sean Taylor. I respect those guys and I hope they can knock off Dallas and Green Bay and work their way to the Superbowl. Although I wouldn't mind the Packers winning it so Favre can go out on top and finally retire.

Top 3 NFL games:
1. Patriots-Ravens on that Monday Night. Great game all the way around. McGahee playing the game of his life for Sean Taylor right after he died was amazing IMO.

2. Vikings-Chargers. Watching AP run for nearly 300 yards and breaking the record against San Diego was freakin' awesome man!

3. I'm going to go ahead and put the Broncos-Chiefs game in Denver in here also. Like I said, it felt good to see our offense on all cylinders and our defense dominating finally. That's how we should have played all year.

If I could only pick one Bronco on this team to carry onto next years squad, who would it be?
Brandon Marshall. This may surprise people, but he's easily worked his way as my favorite player on this team and I really think he'll be one of the best when it's all said and done. Champ, and Cutler are not far behind in this category though

What do I want the team to improve on most next year?
Winning, period.

Who do I want our first round pick to be used on?
Best player available

How will I spend my time trying to speed up the offseason?
Staying active, exercising, following NBA playoffs, studying up on the draft, all of that. Just having fun.

What sport do I follow most during the offseason?
I can't even tell you. I'm still trying to discover that. I love college lacrosse, and can get into it, but I hate how it's not publicized enough, it holds me back. Same thing with hockey. Basketball is bleh to me, although, as I mentioned before, I do enjoy the playoffs. And I can get into Arena football, but it's just not the same.

I think the thing about sports is that you need to have a favorite team and stick with it, and then you'll get into the sport more and more as you follow your favorite team. But because I don't really have a favorite team in another sport, I don't follow it much, so I don't know who is good at what and all that. If ya'll could help me with that, maybe I can work another sport in.

What have you learned most about this year?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Referring to the defense)