PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears first round selection

WARHORSE
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
The Bears are sitting at 3-3, and looking at their schedule, I can easily see them losing 7 of their next 10 games.

That would leave them at a BRONCOS inspiring 6-10 at the end of the year.

While I never desire people to get injured, I hope the normal nicks and bruises that accompany a 16 game season in the NFL takes their toll on the Bears team.

Cutler is spending alot of time BACKPEDALING while trying to throw the ball this year............sorry if I take a moment to chuckle.

Cutler is a bear. And bears SUCK!.:D

I just made up a song, and you just make up the notes as you go, it goes something like this: "Climbin up the draft boards, climbin up the draft boards, climbin up the draft boards and drinking. Drinkin as we climb the draft boards, tinkling as we climb the draft boards, bears stinking so we climb the draft boards glug glug! HEY, HOORAY JAY! You throw a PICK, BRONCOS move up a PICK .You throw a PICK, BRONCOS move up a PICK. I think Im getting SICK..............RAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLPH!"

:tsk:

Man Im stupid.:shocked:

Who cares?

THE BRONCOS ARE WINNING BABY!

:dancing:

ikillz0mbies
10-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I hope to see the Bears lose each and every week. It will make the Broncos look really smart by keeping their pick and adding a player high in the draft (possibly) who can make an impact right away.

Lonestar
10-26-2009, 12:38 AM
I had not seen this before now I made this in another thread.. I suspect your pretty close..

Right now I'm thinking about a #8 or so..

IIRC the upcoming schedule for them is:
CLE which might be a win..
PHX most likely a loss
@SFO most likely a loss.
PHL most likely a loss
@MIN LOSS.
Rams another WIN.. unless their coach gets fired and they play well for the new guy..
GB most likely a loss
@BAL LOSS
MIN could be a win since it is a home game unless the fans are on jays ass..
@DET toss up..

could get to 7-9 maybe 8-8.. if they are lucky.. but then I do not care except for the Draft choice.

BTW here is a poll form their web site..

What's the best thing about Sunday's loss to the Bengals?

It only counts as one loss 9.7%
There's still 10 games left 12.6%
It's over 30.1%
Nothing at all 47.6%

BCJ
10-26-2009, 01:05 AM
I dont think Bears will slip to #8. What is the pick around 7-9 or 8-8? Somehow it is becoming of Cutler to have that type of mark. When I think of franchise QB, i think .500 mark. The more we win with Orton, the more the Bears fans will be majorly pissed with Cutler. Their high hopes this season is a possible no playoff team...... and I am loving every loss they get.

Shazam!
10-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Meh. I won't hold it regardless of position in the Draft. I can see McD trading down in Patriots fashion.

Dirk
10-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Meh. I won't hold it regardless of position in the Draft. I can see McD trading down in Patriots fashion.

He didn't do that this year. I think he goes after the players that he wants and does what he has to in order to get them. But you never know bro!

TXBRONC
10-26-2009, 08:08 AM

If Denver ends up with a top 5-10 pick they may not be able to trade down. One of the beet writers (I think it was Klis in his mailbag) said that the Broncos might like for the Bears to end up with a mid first round pick because of the cost. It much easier to trade up than it is to trade down.

Traveler
10-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Dag people! Now the jinx is in.:tsk:

Didn't we learn anything from the Redskins trade a few years back? Most folks surely knew the Skins would be awful that year. Sure top ten pick.

What happened? They did much better than expected.

Let's not count our chickens before.....well you know what I mean.

broncofaninfla
10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
With Ron Turner calling the plays in Chicago I like our chances at a top 15 pick. He is a horrible OC.....

MileHighCrew
10-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Lets get through November and see where we are. This is a little early for me.

Lonestar
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
While Josh traded up this past year to get those players he wanted. He did so because the cupboard was pretty bare of versatile players that were not older FA.

Now it is less so he has filled most of the weak spots.

Unless he sees one of "his type" players, I'm guessing he will do more picks in the rounds 2 thru 4 than a top fifteen pick.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

WARHORSE
10-26-2009, 10:12 AM

Didn't we learn anything from the Redskins trade a few years back? Most folks surely knew the Skins would be awful that year. Sure top ten pick.

Entirely different situation.

Everyone thought the Bears first rounder was going to be low......and the Broncos high.

We watched the Skins win.........and now we're watchin the Bears lose.

Go take a spin over to the Bears forums. After another 3 INT game, the doubters and haters are in full fluff.

To date, he has thrown 11 TDs and 10 INTs.

And guess what? Hes getting hit. Little bit of an adjustment when youve had great protection, only to begin getting smoked by NFL calibre defensive players. He was backpedaling as fast as he could yesterday, and throwin floaters 40 yards downfield into triple coverage.

When the booing starts, and the heat gets turned up, and Cutler gets pissed.......perhaps a full meltdown would be the result we get to watch.

Thats my hope anyway. :coffee:

BroncoWave
10-26-2009, 10:13 AM

Yeah, the Bears are going to have a good record this year because of what some Broncos fans post on a message board. :rolleyes:

titan
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
The Bears have actually played pretty well this year until yesterday. Both of their previous losses were against good teams on the road (at Green Bay at Atlanta) where the Bears had a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

I'm no Bears fan and I was delighted to see their poor performance yesterday. Forget Cutler - if Chicago can't stop the run any better than they did against the Bengals they are in for a long season. Add to that Jay's tendency for turnovers and we are looking at a very good #1 draft pick for our Denver Broncos.

I'm almost enjoying watching the Bears get beat and Culter meltdown as much as watching the Bronco wins this year!

broncophan
10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea.....I can see the Bears winning about 9 or 10 total games this season.....but I would love to see them finish with 9 or 10 losses...