PDA

View Full Version : Signing the Stars

WARHORSE
10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Just hit me WHO the players are on the team when it comes to draft picks.
Over half of our players are draftees of ours, but what really stands out is the last few years. Cutler of course lead to the aquisition of Orton, Smith, Ayers, Quinn, and a player yet to be named in next years draft.

Hopefully, Chicago can continue to spiral as Cutler threw 3 more INTs today, as opposed to one TD. (sorry but....BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!)

The entire practice squad is full of guys we drafted as well, not to mention a couple on IR.

2009 Draftees still with us:

Knowshon
Robert Ayers
Alphoso Smith
McBath
Bruton
Quinn
Olsen
McKinnley
Brandstater
Free Agents: Baker and Kern

Clady
Royal
Jack Williams
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett
Peyton Hillis
Free Agent: Wesley Woodyard, Polumbus

Jarvis Moss
Ryan Harris
Marcus Thomas

Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumerville
Tony Scheffler
Chris Kuper

None

DJ Williams

Ben Hamilton

Let me be the first to say, I sure hope McDaniels and Xman continue on in their formula of drafting, and that the BRONCOS can continue the success of the last four years of drafting. 2006 looks like a bust, but we only drafted four players........three are still here, one of them a very stout RT, and another very important role player in Thomas.

With draft success, comes the requirement of paying them. Every bit as important as drafting well, comes the pay structures and salary cap formulas for keeping our players.

We wont be able to keep them all, but hopefully, the ones we lose will result in draft selections.

If you look at the players above, specifically the 2006 draft class, all of them are in contract years.

Orton, will also be undoubtedly signed. I believe his signing will be one that is highly geared to US. One, because I think he will want every chance to stay here, but two, look at Cassell. Dont think that everyone isnt watching that whole picture develop. 63 million after one season of success in McDs system. Orton may get paid, but it will be a very BRONCO friendly contract, which will help us pay other areas.

Ryan Harris should be looked at this off season as someone we would like to sign now imo. Kuper is a must.

Champ Bailey has a contract that moves through 2011, but signing him to an extention now may be the right thing to do. There are some who believe, that like Ronnie Lott before him, Champ can play free safety when his legs slow a little too much to play corner. Will Champ play at this level in the remaining two years he has left? I think so, at least very near it. That alone means looking to keep him.

Dawk, Champ, Goody and Hill are all in their thirties. I believe we will move to shore up this area this off season. Signing Berry or Mays would be cool.....but thats alot of money to pay a safety. I believe Berry is the better player, he just has that Ed Reed smarts, but brings the wood too. More along the lines of a Troy Polumalu.

This season is crazily exciting. This coming offseason will be a very exciting one too. I LOVE BRONCOS FOOTBALL!

As the players develop, the choices we make are going to very interesting in the years coming. I see a very ripe environment for building a very good team for years to come.:coffee:

So get used to looking at the BRONCOS rear bumper and eating fumes Al Davis, Scott Pioli and AJ Smith. You may as well get used to it.

The BRONCOS are preparing for the jump to hyperspace.:salute:

ikillz0mbies
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I have the utmost confidence in the Front Office in bringing back all the players that were crucial to the Broncos success this season. Don't worry about this now. There is a time and place for it, and it is a long ways away.