PDA

View Full Version : Who is the franchise QB?

ktrain
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Two NFL QB's squared off in Cincinnati today.

One QB is a franchise talent with a rifle arm and penchant for leading his team to 4 th quarter victories over superior teams.

The other is a whiny cockturd and locker room cancer but is widely regarded as a franchise QB. He is regarded this way as a result of playing for a legendary offensive genuis coach (the same coach that made Brian Greise into a probowl QB)

Seems to me like maybe our new coach was ahead of the curve in figuring this out.

BTW, most bears fans are dilusional and in denial, classic......we raped da bears on that deal

aberdien
10-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Have we still not gotten over the "bash Jay Cutler" phase?

ikillz0mbies
10-25-2009, 11:17 PM
If you're asking who is better, Palmer or Cutler, I would say Palmer because he has just as good as an arm, but with better accuracy.

ikillz0mbies
10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Have we still not gotten over the "bash Jay Cutler" phase?

There is not getting out of the "bash Jay Cutler" phase. It's like Jay Cutler has this magnetic field over this board that we can't get out of.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Moved to "Other NFL Team Discussion". Probably should be in Smack, but I'm hopeful. ..

Day1BroncoFan
10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Who is jay cutler?

Dirk
10-26-2009, 06:04 AM
You know, Jay played like Jay yesterday. Nothing more. I still like Jay. He is nothing more than a younger Bret Favre. Lots of stats and heroics and lots of interceptions. He will still be fun to watch because you never know what he will do. Just like Favre.

T.K.O.
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Scouts Buzz: Bears' offense is flawedEmail Share STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME Become an Insider Today
By Matt Williamson
Scouts Inc.
Archive
After watching the Week 7 matchups, Scouts Inc. shares its 10 key observations:

1. The Chicago Bears' offense has serious flaws: Because they have no semblance of a running game and thanks to QB Jay Cutler's nature, the Bears probably always will be very streaky on offense. LT Orlando Pace is not what he once was by any stretch of the imagination, and the offensive line in general has not opened holes for RB Matt Forte, who is not running with the same conviction he did last season. But Cutler has a remarkable amount of confidence in his arm and playmaking ability. Although that often works in his favor, you also get days like Sunday, when he simply makes throws he has no business attempting. This is a flawed offense.

Dirk
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
:rolleyes: Exactly my point. :D

Overtime
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
i see a Ryan Leaf like meltdown coming in Jay's future.

Carson Palmer is obviously the franchise QB. Cutler is nothing more than an illegitimate child of the Leaf family. :D

scott.475
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
i see a Ryan Leaf like meltdown coming in Jay's future.

Carson Palmer is obviously the franchise QB. Cutler is nothing more than an illegitimate child of the Leaf family. :D

Ryan Leaf? Whoa, that is a low, low blow. That right there is a once in a lifetime comparison and I don't think Cutler is worthy. I can't think of anyone deserving of that comparison since Leaf played, that is how special Ryan Leaf was. Not only was he a horrible QB with true mental disorders, but he basically bankrupted the Chargers for years. His destruction of that team was complete in every respect. He was a very, very special talent indeed.

T.K.O.
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Ryan Leaf? Whoa, that is a low, low blow. That right there is a once in a lifetime comparison and I don't think Cutler is worthy. I can't think of anyone deserving of that comparison since Leaf played, that is how special Ryan Leaf was. Not only was he a horrible QB with true mental disorders, but he basically bankrupted the Chargers for years. His destruction of that team was complete in every respect. He was a very, very special talent indeed.

2 words.........jamarcus russell;)

Medford Bronco
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Carson > Cutler. Always has been and always will be.

Medford Bronco
10-27-2009, 12:22 PM
You know, Jay played like Jay yesterday. Nothing more. I still like Jay. He is nothing more than a younger Bret Favre. Lots of stats and heroics and lots of interceptions. He will still be fun to watch because you never know what he will do. Just like Favre.

He is not like Favre because Farve made the playoffs at a young age and won a Super Bowl in Year 6 I beleive. I dont see a Super Bowl in Cutlers future this year at least, year 4.

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Both are franchise QBs. I'm just going to point out that the the rumors of Palmer's demise are greatly exaggerated.

Cutler will probably make the Pro Bowl over Palmer though.

SR
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM
King...Cutler = NFC, Palmer = AFC. The QBs ahead of Palmer in Pro Bowl voting will probably be Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and probably Big Ben.

Poet
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
King...Cutler = NFC, Palmer = AFC. The QBs ahead of Palmer in Pro Bowl voting will probably be Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and probably Big Ben.

DERF! PHAILZ!

I'm so used to thinking of him in the AFC.