PDA

View Full Version : Upset of the Week

EastCoastBronco
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
In this wild and wacky league of ours upsets occur on pretty much a weekly basis. Just thought it would be fun to try and predict them. Pick one game only. If, after a few weeks one person seems to be damn good at it maybe we can make some money at it...;-) I'll start.

WEEK 7

The upset of the week is:

Washington to beat Philly

Day1BroncoFan
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Steelers win it.

claymore
10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Steelers win it.

I think they are favored, but man I hope they do. I hate Favre.

Day1BroncoFan
10-23-2009, 12:01 PM
I think they are favored, but man I hope they do. I hate Favre.

They are favored? I hope they win for the same reason. Favre makes me want to puke on his jersey. :lol:

T.K.O.
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
chefs 42
chardturds 10

UnderArmour
10-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Broncos 0
BYE 95

We have no chance.

Brand
10-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I'd like to see the chefs beat the chugers, and the Bengals to bounce the bears.......

camdisco24
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM
My upset of the week is KC over SD

KC: 27
SD: 24

Basiacally, I would love to see Sandy Eggo fans freak out even more, and I think KC is getting getter every week. They didnt look terrible against the Cowgirls a couple weeks ago so they have a chance to take down Phyllis and the girls.

Buff
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I think KC has a real shot to beat SD at Arrowhead. Rivers struggles against the Chiefs and SD's defense isn't that good.

I also like ATL at Dallas.

broncofaninfla
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM
My upset is the raiders over the jets

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Upset of the week is Buffalo on the road over Carolina (-7.5).

Buffalo will win straight-up.

Buff
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM

I almost picked that... But I think Carolina's run game is still good enough to get the win at home.

I think Fitzpatrick might be an upgrade over Edwards with the way he was playing before he got hurt. So I don't think BUF starting a backup QB is that big of a factor. If I were picking against the spread and not straight up, I'd take definitely take the Bills.

broncofaninfla
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM

I can see that, Dellhome sucks.........

Reidman
10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
St Louis over Indy.......:eek:

AgentOrange
10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm taking Arizona over the Giants. Crazy, I know...

KCL
10-23-2009, 01:34 PM
In this wild and wacky league of ours upsets occur on pretty much a weekly basis. Just thought it would be fun to try and predict them. Pick one game only. If, after a few weeks one person seems to be damn good at it maybe we can make some money at it...;-) I'll start.

WEEK 7

The Eagles had their upset last week...getting beat by the Raiders tops them all..I know all about that.

KCL
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
My upset of the week is KC over SD

KC: 27
SD: 24

Basiacally, I would love to see Sandy Eggo fans freak out even more, and I think KC is getting getter every week. They didnt look terrible against the Cowgirls a couple weeks ago so they have a chance to take down Phyllis and the girls.

I hope you're right!

T.K.O.
10-23-2009, 02:33 PM
St Louis over Indy.......:eek:

that would be unbelievably cool !

T.K.O.
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
my UPSET of the week is .........
me having to go through the whole weekend without a broncos game,last week was hard enough having to wait til' monday night.
now 2 weeks! it sucks but at least we can bask in the 6-0 start.
then after baltimore we have another long week waiting for another monday nighter......its cruel and unusual punishment i tell ya':mad:

Reidman
10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
me having to go through the whole weekend without a broncos game,last week was hard enough having to wait til' monday night.
then after baltimore we have another long week waiting for another monday nighter......its cruel and unusual punishment i tell ya':mad:

That much longer we stay undefeated...:cool:

BroncoWave
10-23-2009, 03:26 PM

WEEK 7

You really think Philly is going to let that happen to them 2 weeks in a row? I think they are going to slaughter Washington. It would take an absolute miracle for Washington to win that game IMO.

I do think the Chiefs could beat the Chargers though. That would make me so happy if they did.

BroncoWave
10-23-2009, 03:27 PM
That much longer we stay undefeated...:cool:

Agreed. I usually hate the bye week but I am ok with it this year. Just one more week that we are guaranteed to remain unbeaten.

Nomad
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Dolphins over the Saints. Saints and BRONCOS have something in common...they can't beat the Dolphins in Miami!!

Also here's the map to see which games are in your area!!

http://the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

NameUsedBefore
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Dolphins over the Saints.

T.K.O.
10-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Dolphins over the Saints. Saints and BRONCOS have something in common...they can't beat the Dolphins in Miami!!
Also here's the map to see which games are in your area!!

http://the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

thats ok as long as the broncos beat the saints in miami !;)

Devilspawn
10-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Kc 34
sd 24

Nomad
10-23-2009, 06:03 PM
thats ok as long as the broncos beat the saints in miami !;)

BRONCOS have proven they only win the 'Big One' in Miami, but they have to make it there first. Anyway, it's about the upset of the week and NO has to prove they're legit by getting their first win in Miami!!

2- Minute Warning
10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Broncos 0
BYE 95

We have no chance.

We WILL remain undefeated. The Bye's never show up, weak team usually, still makes me nervous, we must not get too comfortable and let our guard down. :shocked:

gobroncsnv
10-23-2009, 07:16 PM
BRONCOS have proven they only win the 'Big One' in Miami, but they have to make it there first. Anyway, it's about the upset of the week and NO has to prove they're legit by getting their first win in Miami!!

You didn't like when we beat the Packers in SD the 97 SB??? (How the Chardonnays must have LOVED that!)

Nomad
10-24-2009, 07:16 AM
You didn't like when we beat the Packers in SD the 97 SB??? (How the Chardonnays must have LOVED that!)

Huh!! I merely was pointing out the upset of the week to be Dolphins over the Saints. The Saints have never won against the Dolphins in Miami, just like the BRONCOS have never won a regular season game there (0-7 all time I believe), which they had something in common. BRONCOS didn't beat the Dolphins there after their superbowl either and this week the Siants go into Miami winless there. To me, that makes the Dolphins the favorites!! Anyway, why question my appreciation of the SBs the BRONCOS have won??

And I like the Chiefs over the Chargers! I'll cheer for your Chiefs, KCL!!!

MasterShake
10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Huh!! I merely was pointing out the upset of the week to be Dolphins over the Saints. The Saints have never won against the Dolphins in Miami, just like the BRONCOS have never won a regular season game there (0-7 all time I believe), which they had something in common. BRONCOS didn't beat the Dolphins there after their superbowl either and this week the Siants go into Miami winless there. To me, that makes the Dolphins the favorites!! Anyway, why question my appreciation of the SBs the BRONCOS have won??

And I like the Chiefs over the Chargers! I'll cheer for your Chiefs, KCL!!!

Chiefs over Chargers and Miami over NO are my upsets this week too. I'd love to really pad the lead on the Chargers! They like to finish strong, and we don't need them hanging around late in the season.

Shutdown
10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
My upset is the raiders over the jets

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Tha's just nasty.

I'm taking Arizona over the Giants. Crazy, I know...

This is what I'm calling as well. Well hoping for, rather.

Boy, do I feel your pain. I was bitching about this to my boss earlier this week. What a bummer part of the season.

TXBRONC
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Chiefs over the Chargers.

Day1BroncoFan
10-24-2009, 10:57 PM
May the chargirls succumb to the will of Arrowhead and KCL.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
We WILL remain undefeated. The Bye's never show up, weak team usually, still makes me nervous, we must not get too comfortable and let our guard down. :shocked:

Yeah, the Byes typically have a stifling defense (our offense won't score or even see the field) but they just can't seem to score points either, so I'm predicting a tie 0-0. ;)

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM

:hi:

TXBRONC
10-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Chiefs over the Chargers.

So much for that. :tsk:

EastCoastBronco
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
My upset pick is still alive and kicking...for a couple more hours anyway...;-)

EastCoastBronco
10-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Hard week for upsets.
I'm going with Cleveland to beat Chicago and send them into a tailspin...

Dirk
10-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Hard week for upsets.
I'm going with Cleveland to beat Chicago and send them into a tailspin...

I don't see that happening but it would be nice. :D

broncofaninfla
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM
My upset of the week...........Denver over Baltimore

EastCoastBronco
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't see that happening but it would be nice. :D

Not seeing it happening is the whole point of the thread...;-)

BroncoInSkinland
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I am thinking Falcons over Saints, only real problem I have with it is that it is a home game for the Saints, if it were in Atlanta I would feel much more comfortable with saying it.

weazel
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM

WEEK 7

I dont think thats an upset. Philly isn't very good and Washington beat them last time they played. But thats why they play the games...

Start your week 8 one in a new thread

Traveler
10-29-2009, 01:57 PM
ATL beating NO this Sunday.