PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Forum

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Did not read this whole thread, but they are being kinder to the Broncos than the SD fans were on their forum :D

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/14687-the-undefeated-broncos/

sneakers
10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I can't see anything, perhaps because I am blinded by their white background on their website.

Shazam!
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
That's probably because Chargers, Patriots, and Cowboys fans talked a whole lotta shit and look where it got them.

Overtime
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
what concerns me about this game is our offense. Granted Baltimore's D has allowed a 100 yard rusher twice in the last 2 weeks, which is the first time in 40 something games?

They clearly aren't the same defense as the previous years, but Ed Reed is dangerous. He can break on a ball w/out warning and take it to the house.

Our defense will have to win this game.

Iron Horse72
10-23-2009, 01:12 AM
I hope no one goes over there and talks smack, even friendly smack.

I believe in letting it ride till after the game, eating my words hurts worse than losing.

But this will be a hard fought game, slowing down Rice will be key.

We put pressure and hit Flacco, we win.

Dirk
10-23-2009, 05:21 AM
You know, I don't want to sound overly confident. But the only thing that scares me about Bal is Flacco. And our D has shown they can shut down good passers, Palmer, Brady and Rivers. So I think we win this game as long as Orton is patient and doesn't try to force anything.

Dirk
10-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I just read through it all. A lot of respect from many of them. Hat's off to the Ravens fans! :salute:

TXBRONC
10-23-2009, 08:41 AM
You know, I don't want to sound overly confident. But the only thing that scares me about Bal is Flacco. And our D has shown they can shut down good passers, Palmer, Brady and Rivers. So I think we win this game as long as Orton is patient and doesn't try to force anything.

I hope that Orton and the offense can get clicking early and their offense on the sidelines.

LRtagger
10-23-2009, 08:43 AM
My biggest concern about this game is Ray Rice. He could potentially kill us on dump offs and screens. So far that has been our only weakness on D and he is VERY good at it.

Tned
10-23-2009, 09:04 AM
My biggest concern about this game is Ray Rice. He could potentially kill us on dump offs and screens. So far that has been our only weakness on D and he is VERY good at it.

Agreed. Screen passes have been the main way teams have moved the ball on us. Quite often the screen pass turned out to be worse because of a missed tackle or two.

I figure it is our agressive/attacking defense that is leaving us open to screen passes.

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Screen passes have been the main way teams have moved the ball on us. Quite often the screen pass turned out to be worse because of a missed tackle or two.

I figure it is our agressive/attacking defense that is leaving us open to screen passes.

We shut down San Diego though in the second half moving to more man coverage. That's what I really love about this staff, is that they adjust and don't get stubborn, sticking with something that's not working.

honz
10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
We've had a few screen passes really hurt us no doubt, but we've probably stuffed just as many. I agree that it is one of our weak points on defense, but I'm not overly concerned that anyone will just screen their way to victory against us. The thing that concerns me the most about BAL is we need to wrap up on Rice and protect against Flacco's wacko deep ball.

Day1BroncoFan
10-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I think we can be hurt by the deep ball. I've seen some deep balls be missed. The deep one to Moss was over his head. If Brady would have thrown it right on it would have been 6. I thought I seen one that Romo missed on also.

I hope we go into prevent defense any more, even if we're way ahead.

Buff
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I can't wait to abuse Foxworth.

camdisco24
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, very classy group of fans there.
Night and day compared to SD fans.

I've said it every week, our offense needs to get things going early. We've played great in the 2nd half and if we can bring things together in the first half we'll be unbelievably tough. Im am worried about the Ravens D, when they turn up the heat they're tough. I trust our D 100% and I think they'll come out fired up! Ray Rice will be the challege of the week IMO and I think Nolan and all the guys know that. It'll be interesting to see what they plan over the bye week to shut the Ravens down...

It'll be a great, tough fought game!
Im looking foward to it already.

AgentOrange
10-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, it's nice to see an opponent's board actually discuss football and know something of the team they're being faced with. I just hope some of the Broncos fans don't go over there and act like jackasses. We may be 6-0 but we've still got a lot of the season to go, and it's gonna get tougher from here.

broncofaninfla
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I just started reading this ravens site. They really do have some classy fans on there. More so than any other fan site I've seen to date.

TXBRONC
10-23-2009, 02:51 PM

He must have been doing a better job than Fabian Washington and Frank(?)Walker. That may or may not be saying much but Washington was playing so poorly that they put in Walker and know he got torched on at least two big plays.

Iron Horse72
10-23-2009, 03:11 PM

Good point, I forgot about that guy.

Reidman
10-23-2009, 03:18 PM

I hope the Broncos are worried about more than just Flacco.

Their defense may not be what it has been in recent years but it only takes one game for them to find their niche. They still swarm the ball and they have pretty good corners. I fear Orton may throw his first legitimate interception in this one.

It will be up to our defense to help keep our offense out on the field...

I still think our boys can pull it off but it won't be a cake walk...

TXBRONC
10-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I hope the Broncos are worried about more than just Flacco.

Their defense may not be what it has been in recent years but it only takes one game for them to find their niche. They still swarm the ball and they have pretty good corners. I fear Orton may throw his first legitimate interception in this one.

It will be up to our defense to help keep our offense out on the field...

I still think our boys can pull it off but it won't be a cake walk...

The Ravens have lost those three games by total of 11 points.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Ray Rice is the key. Dude can take your heart. he never stops running his ass off. We stop him, we win.

gregbroncs
10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/public/style_emoticons/default/empty%20trophy%20case.gif

This made me laugh. An empty trophy case with a guy laughing. Sorry to bust in but I got a kick out of that emoticon from that site.

TXBRONC
10-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Ray Rice is the key. Dude can take your heart. he never stops running his ass off. We stop him, we win.

That wont be a small task because he's threat in both their running game and their passing game.

gobroncsnv
10-23-2009, 07:23 PM

His best work happens after he puts his hand on the ground... we need to ALL THE WAY TACKLE him... Kid's good.

smith49
10-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Did not read this whole thread, but they are being kinder to the Broncos than the SD fans were on their forum :D

holy cow, i got lost for a second. i thought i was on a broncos thread the way they were gushing about the broncos.:D

it sure feels good to be the fan of a team that instills fear into other team's fans when going to thier stadium.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
holy cow, i got lost for a second. i thought i was on a broncos thread the way they were gushing about the broncos.:D

it sure feels good to be the fan of a team that instills fear into other team's fans when going to thier stadium.

That is the way that the thread started out, but if you read all the way thru it, some Bronco fan is going back and forth with them on Stokley's TD catch against Cincinnati, so the thread has somewhat deteriorated

TXBRONC
10-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Bump. :bump2:

rationalfan
10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
my biggest concern about the baltimore isn't the team or its players, it's the starting time. in the past nine years, denver hasn't done well on the road in games that start at noon (CST).

Lonestar
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
my biggest concern about the baltimore isn't the team or its players, it's the starting time. in the past nine years, denver hasn't done well on the road in games that start at noon (CST).

but Josh seemed to fix that issue when we went east to play CIN, he had them practicing early to make up for the old wake up call they got at half time in the past..

while west coast teams usually play poorly in the east coast losing something like 75% of the games, Josh might have the answer to fix that losing way we used to do..

NightTrainLayne
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
but Josh seemed to fix that issue when we went east to play CIN, he had them practicing early to make up for the old wake up call they got at half time in the past..

while west coast teams usually play poorly in the east coast losing something like 75% of the games, Josh might have the answer to fix that losing way we used to do..

Jr, I hate to be the voice of reason here, but the Cincinatti game is our worst performance by far, and we were sluggish in the first half.

Lonestar
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Jr, I hate to be the voice of reason here, but the Cincinatti game is our worst performance by far, and we were sluggish in the first half.

yes that is correct, but all of them were actually on the field at game time :D

I think that is more because it was our first game under a new scheme with almost totally new personnel all over the team...

if that had been under the coach that will remain nameless we would have been blown out by half time..

we were NEVER remotely in games on the east coast in years past and IIRC won only two games EVER in Florida during his tenure here.. IMHO that is because they were not mentally prepared to play some games..

I think not being ready to play games is a long past issue now..

BCJ
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM

that is because Charger fans are pretty much a bunch of twits.

horsepig
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
The only thing that pissed me off about them is that they seem to think our franchise is the equivalent to the Cards or the Jets.

Typical "can't see past the frikkin Ohio River" BS. They don't believe our posters who point out that we have the most wins in the NFL since the merger. (need to check my facts on this particular point, but I believe we passed the 49's last week by one win).

Buff
10-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Man, we're trolling the shit out of that place.

LRtagger
10-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Nobody is concerned with the Broncos defense. The Ravens offense can out-score anyone. Especially when the defense doesn't dig a whole early for them and limit the playcalling.

Honestly... this game will come down to the officials. And we all know whose side the officials are on. It's as simple as that. If the game is close enough for the officials to decide, they will give it to the Broncos.

LMAO what a total fagbot

Iron Horse72
10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
LMAO what a total fagbot

Yeah no shit, wth is he talking about.

BCJ
10-26-2009, 11:32 PM
LMAO what a total fagbot

fagbot? Seems someone is reading KingNeckbeard twitter page!

broncophan
10-27-2009, 03:40 AM

I was at that game.......was wearing my Bronco jersey.....and went down to buy a beer just before halftime....saw another bronco fan.....asked him how he was doing....and he said........"Just watching 2 of the most pathetic teams in the nfl play"..........lol..........looking back.....how little did he know?

I agree though......very sluggish.....esp. in the first half....

TXBRONC
10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
:bump: :bump2: