PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread: the Vikings vs. the Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm getting this started earlier because otherwise people think I have forgotten. :laugh: This is the last game of the year we nothing to play for accept for draft position, which means a loss definitely keeps us in the top ten. I'm torn, I want Denver to win because I'm a fan. But a if they lose a top ten pick could potential help this team in either trade value or the pick itself. Anyway here's to hoping that Broncos are at the very least competitive in this last game. Gosh I feel awful for saying that. :tsk:

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I getting this started earlier because otherwise people think I have forgotten. :laugh: This is the last game of the year we nothing to play for accept for draft position, which means a loss definitely keeps us in the top ten. I'm torn, I want Denver to win because I'm a fan. But a if they lose a top ten pick could potential help this team in either trade value or the pick itself. Anyway here's to hoping that Broncos are at the very least competitive in this last game. Gosh I feel awful for saying that. :tsk:

There is 26 hours until the start of the game LOL,,

I guess we can always talk about the Pats game tonight while we wait. That's all the sports networks are talking about. There is what 6 hours of pre game before the game :rolleyes:

When they said that yesterday, even Dion said, "6 hours!" I know its history and all, but it gets old. All week on NFL network all they did was show the Patriot games. Never mind who is going to be playing in the last week,,,, "We have the Patriots VS the Giants Saturday night" :rolleyes:

Skinny
12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I hope we kick their arse by 30 points ... :beer:

GO
BRONCOS!!!!!

:elefant:

Bronco9798
12-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Go Broncos. As I stated in another thread, Broncos win 35-27 going away.

Tned
12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
I wish the Giants were playing for a playoff spot, so that they might really be playing all out. Now, the only thing they are playing for is to be the team that derailed the Pats. Maybe that is enough motivation.

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I wish the Giants were playing for a playoff spot, so that they might really be playing all out. Now, the only thing they are playing for is to be the team that derailed the Pats. Maybe that is enough motivation.

It might be? But at what cost is it worth derailing the pats? IMO they should look out for their best interests first.

They don't want to be remembered as the team that lost a key starter trying to knock off the pats. Even if they didn't lose a key starter, if they get blown out playing all their starters it will be bad for the team heading into the playoffs.

On the other hand if they were somehow able to win the game it would be a huge boost heading into the playoffs. From where I'm sitting I'd say they have a much greater chance of getting blown out then they do of winning the game. That being the case I'd say they have more to lose by trying all out to win this game.

Tned
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
It might be? But at what cost is it worth derailing the pats? IMO they should look out for their best interests first.

They don't want to be remembered as the team that lost a key starter trying to knock off the pats. Even if they didn't lose a key starter, if they get blown out playing all their starters it will be bad for the team heading into the playoffs.

On the other hand if they were somehow able to win the game it would be a huge boost heading into the playoffs. From where I'm sitting I'd say they have a much greater chance of getting blown out then they do of winning the game. That being the case I'd say they have more to lose by trying all out to win this game.

And, since they don't have a bye week, unlike NE, a lot of coaches want to get their starters, especially at the offensive skill positions, a week off.

NE on the other hand, can say, we are playing our starters, because we don't want them to have two weeks off and be rusty heading into the playoffs.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 03:50 PM
There is 26 hours until the start of the game LOL,,

I guess we can always talk about the Pats game tonight while we wait. That's all the sports networks are talking about. There is what 6 hours of pre game before the game :rolleyes:

When they said that yesterday, even Dion said, "6 hours!" I know its history and all, but it gets old. All week on NFL network all they did was show the Patriot games. Never mind who is going to be playing in the last week,,,, "We have the Patriots VS the Giants Saturday night" :rolleyes:

Hey twice this season other posters thought I wouldn't get the Game Day thread so in encroached on my territority.:tsk: Just kidding :D Ah its all in good fun.

yardog
12-29-2007, 03:52 PM
If we loose and the right teams win how high of a draft pick could we get?

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 04:03 PM

No higher then 9. If we lost and Cincy won we would have the 9th pick.

On NFL.com it shows us as being the 9th worst team right now. But I think as it stands we have the 10th pick.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 04:06 PM

That's good question. Right now if the season was over I think we would pick 10th. If we lose I don't know, I would guess we would gain no more than one or two slots.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Just trying to make sure this stays at the head of the class. :bump2:

Stand Ablaze
12-29-2007, 04:37 PM
GO BRONCOS :salute:

Tned
12-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I might change my tune in April, but right now I would rather end the season with a win, and lose one spot in the draft, rather than end with a 3 game losing streak and losing 5 of the last 6.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I might change my tune in April, but right now I would rather end the season with a win, and lose one spot in the draft, rather than end with a 3 game losing streak and losing 5 of the last 6.

Yeah good point. Do know about how many spots we gain with a loss and many we lose with a loss?

Tned
12-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah good point. Do know about how many spots we gain with a loss and many we lose with a loss?

No, but if I was fc's post correctly, he is saying we will be either 9th or 10th depending on how things turn out.

I'll take a look at the standings.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
No, but if I was fc's post correctly, he is saying we will be either 9th or 10th depending on how things turn out.

I'll take a look at the standings.

I'm curious to find out. :beer:

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok, here is where things stand:

8th SF 5-10
9th Den, CIN, Chi, Car 6-9

The teams tied for ninth, are listed in the order I put them, meaning, Den was listed as 9th, Cin 10th and so on.

So, if Denver won and Cin, Chi and Carolina all lost (haven't looked to see if they are playing each other, then Denver could drop to 12th, I suppose.

Making matters, possibly more complicated, if Denver moves to 7-9, and Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose, then Denver would be in a 7 way tie for 12th place, which could bump them up to 18th if Denver won, and then in the tiebreaker, they had the weakest strenth of schedule of that seven way tie.

So far, I have not found a standing page that lists strength of schedule. I thought NFL.com used to do that towards the end of the season, but I can't find it.

So, from what I am seeing, without having the benefit iof looking at strength of schedule, which is the primary tiebreaker for draft order, it looks like Denver's best possible draft position with a loss is 8th (SF win, Den loss and SF having tougher strengh of schedule) and the worst draft spot would be 18th, if Den wins, these six teams: Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose (might not be possible, as I haven't looked to see who is playing who), and Denver has a weaker strength of schedule than Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ.

So, that didn't clear much up, but it is a theoretical range of 8th to 17th.

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

If we win that will be great,

We can only gain 1 spot with a loss

But I wanted to point out that we could lose more then 1 spot with a win.

Right now there are 4 teams at 6 - 9 and 4 teams at 7 -8

League Standings (http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league)

If we win it looks to me like we could drop as many as 6 spots all the way to the 16th pick. That's if all the 6 - 9 and 7 - 8 teams lost.

If we ended up with the 14th (1.100) pick instead of the 9th (1.350), we would lose the value of 250 points with the drop.

250 points is the value of the the 4th pick in the 3rd round 68th overall.

The 14th pick in the 3rd round is only worth 200 points, the 14th pick in the 5th round is worth 35 and the 14th pick in the 7th round is worth 9 points.

In other wards, If we ended up with the 9th pick we could trade it for the 14th pick in rounds 1, 3, 5, and 7

So would losing be worth gaining a 3rd (78) 5th (142) and 7th (206) round pick? :D

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

8th SF 5-10

The teams tied for ninth, are listed in the order I put them, meaning, Den was listed as 9th, Cin 10th and so on.

So, if Denver won and Cin, Chi and Carolina all lost (haven't looked to see if they are playing each other, then Denver could drop to 12th, I suppose.

Making matters, possibly more complicated, if Denver moves to 7-9, and Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose, then Denver would be in a 7 way tie for 12th place, which could bump them up to 18th if Denver won, and then in the tiebreaker, they had the weakest strenth of schedule of that six way tie.

So far, I have not found a standing page that lists strength of schedule. I thought NFL.com used to do that towards the end of the season, but I can't find it.

So, from what I am seeing, without having the benefit iof looking at strength of schedule, which is the primary tiebreaker for draft order, it looks like Denver's best possible draft position with a loss is 8th (SF win, Den loss and SF having tougher strengh of schedule) and the worst draft spot would be 18th, if Den wins, these five teams: Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose (might not be possible, as I haven't looked to see who is playing who), and Denver has a weaker strength of schedule than Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ.

Dang, with one win we could fall as far as nine spots in the draft? :shocked:

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Dang, with one win we could fall as far as nine spots in the draft? :shocked:

Theoretically, as I said, I haven't looked at who is playing who, and don't have a source for strength of schedule. I'll look at who is playing who, now.

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Ok, it looks like in that mess, we only have two games that would effect the worst case scenario:

Chi/NO
Buf/Phi

If Chicago wins, that means NO loses, and with a Den win would move Chi, Den and NO into a tie.

The Buf/Phi game is the only matchup of the 7-8 teams, so that would say that without looking at strenth of schedule, that our worst draft position would drop to 17th, instead of 18th, as one of those 7-8 teams (Phi or Buf) has to move to 8-8.

So, our range is between 8th and 17th, depending on what happens with wins and losses this weekend and strength of schedule.

frauschieze
12-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Theoretically, as I said, I haven't looked at who is playing who, and don't have a source for strength of schedule. I'll look at who is playing who, now.

Is this the right strength of schedule? Or is there a different one based on how the season played out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2830466

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Is this the right strength of schedule? Or is there a different one based on how the season played out?

Nice find frauschieze. :salute:

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:23 PM

Nice find frauschieze. :salute:

No, I am fairly certain it is based on strength of schedule this season. Meaning, every week it changes. The strength of schedule (which is what is likely being used to put Den ahead of the other three teams they are tied with, will change after this weeks game).

NFL.com, used to list strength of scheduel and strength of victory as columns in their conference and league standings, but aren't this year.

yardog
12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
If thats the right strength of schedule chart then a tie with SF would not move us up a spot.

frauschieze
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
No, I am fairly certain it is based on strength of schedule this season. Meaning, every week it changes. The strength of schedule (which is what is likely being used to put Den ahead of the other three teams they are tied with, will change after this weeks game).

NFL.com, used to list strength of scheduel and strength of victory as columns in their conference and league standings, but aren't this year.

10/4 Gimme a few.

frauschieze
12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Alright, my football sources have failed me. Which teams strength of schedule are you looking for? I can figure out a few pretty quickly.

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Alright, my football sources have failed me. Which teams strength of schedule are you looking for? I can figure out a few pretty quickly.

It's a pain in the butt, as you have to factor in the win/loss records of every team that each of the teams listed below played, assuming that the team they play next week loses..

So, to figure the Broncos strength of schedule you have to add up the wins and losses of all of their opponents, and establish the percentage. Very doable, just tedious to do it for 10 teams (Den, CIN, Chi, Car, Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ). If you figure it, you should assume that Den, Cin and Chi win next week, and that Car, Phi, Hou, NO, Det, Buf and AZ all lose.

I'm going to figure Denvers and post it now.

yardog
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't forget SF. Have you guess seen our run D lately?

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
It's a pain in the butt, as you have to factor in the win/loss records of every team that each of the teams listed below played, assuming that the team they play next week loses..

So, to figure the Broncos strength of schedule you have to add up the wins and losses of all of their opponents, and establish the percentage. Very doable, just tedious to do it for 10 teams (Den, CIN, Chi, Car, Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ). If you figure it, you should assume that Den, Cin and Chi win next week, and that Car, Phi, Hou, NO, Det, Buf and AZ all lose.

That the biggest reason I let you do it. I would rather you have the pain in the ass than me. :laugh:

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 05:58 PM

8th SF 5-10

Making matters, possibly more complicated, if Denver moves to 7-9, and Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose, then Denver would be in a 7 way tie for 12th place, which could bump them up to 18th if Denver won, and then in the tiebreaker, they had the weakest strenth of schedule of that seven way tie.

So, from what I am seeing, without having the benefit iof looking at strength of schedule, which is the primary tiebreaker for draft order, it looks like Denver's best possible draft position with a loss is 8th (SF win, Den loss and SF having tougher strengh of schedule) and the worst draft spot would be 18th, if Den wins, these six teams: Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ all lose (might not be possible, as I haven't looked to see who is playing who), and Denver has a weaker strength of schedule than Phi, NO, Hou, Det, Buf and AZ.

The thing is, On all the draft places I have looked at they have us picking with the 10th spot right now. I don't think we can pass SF(NE) even if we lose and they win. In fact I think if both us and Cincy lose they still get the better pick then us. Even if we passed them I believe the highest we can get is the 9th pick. I don't see us dropping as low as 17th. But I believe we can get as low as 15th if everything plays out just right.

Either way, its safe to say that if we win we will drop at least 3 spots and it could be as many as 7.

In short, we lose a lot by winning tomorrow :D

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok, that is an example of what needs to be done, and even here I had to make 'assumptions' as to wins and losses, so to get all the variables, this would have to be multiple times to get the ranges. If Oak wins, that increases our SOS, if GB loses, it reduces it, etc.

Assuming the wins/losses in week 17 go the way of my notation to the right of each team, then the Denver Strength of Schedule would be .520, if I did everything right.

Team Wins Losses
buf 7 9 L
Oak 4 12 L
Jax 11 5 L
Ind 14 2 w
SD 11 5 W
Pit 11 6 w
GB 13 3 w
Det 7 8 l
KC 4 12 l
Ten 10 6 w
Chi 7 9 w
Oak 4 12 l
KC 4 12 l
Hou 7 9 l
SD 11 5 w
Min 8 8 l
0.520 133 123

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
The thing is, On all the draft places I have looked at they have us picking with the 10th spot right now. I don't think we can pass SF(NE) even if we lose and they win. In fact I think if both us and Cincy lose they still get the better pick then us. Even if we passed them I believe the highest we can get is the 9th pick. I don't see us dropping as low as 17th. But I believe we can get as low as 15th if everything plays out just right.

Either way, its safe to say that if we win we will drop at least 3 spots and it could be as many as 7.

In short, we lose a lot by winning tomorrow :D

Or, we could win tomorrow and stay in the same 10th, or 9th (according to NFL.com) spot. It all depends on what the other teams do, and then what our SOS is compared to there. In some cases, that SOS, might be based on all the other wins/losses that take place this weekend, because they are all tied together.

Out of curiousity, I am also going to do SF's SOS, to see what it would look like if we lose and they win.

frauschieze
12-29-2007, 06:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we get into assumptions on wins/losses tomorrow, then we need to make assumptions for every team in the league.

For example, you can't figure out Denver's strength of schedule assuming we win tomorrow without figuring what Oakland does.

Or am I confused?

frauschieze
12-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we get into assumptions on wins/losses tomorrow, then we need to make assumptions for every team in the league.

For example, you can't figure out Denver's strength of schedule assuming we win tomorrow without figuring what Oakland does.

Or am I confused?

Okay. I'm not confused. Just slow.

:laugh:

yardog
12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
SF is playing CLE could be a mute point.

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok, that is an example of what needs to be done, and even here I had to make 'assumptions' as to wins and losses, so to get all the variables, this would have to be multiple times to get the ranges. If Oak wins, that increases our SOS, if GB loses, it reduces it, etc.

Assuming the wins/losses in week 17 go the way of my notation to the right of each team, then the Denver Strength of Schedule would be .520, if I did everything right.

The Oak SD game wouldn't mean anything because we have played both those teams. A win for one and a lose for the other no matter the way it went wont change the total of wins and losses for our opponents.

The same Goes for the Hou @ Jac game.

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok, this is a pain in the butt, so the last one. Here is SF's SOS, again making some best guesses on who wins and loses tomorrow, and of course assuming that SF wins and CLE loses.

There 0.473 is well below the Broncos .520, which means they played a weaker schedule and so even if Den and SF are tied, SF will get the better draft pick, because they were a 'worse' team, based on record and SOS.

Team Wins Losses
Ari 8 8 w
stl 3 13 l
pit 11 5 w
sea 11 5 w
bal 4 12 l
nyg 10 6 l
no 8 8 w
atl 3 13 ;l
sea 11 5 w
stl 3 13 l
ari 8 8 w
car 7 9 w
min 9 8 w
cin 8 9 w
tb 9 7 l
cle 9 7 l
0.473 122 136

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:13 PM

Or am I confused?

You are 100% correct, that's why I am saying it is tricky to try and figure out SOS when the games haven't been played. You have two options, take best guesses at who wins/loses, or run multiple scenarios and say Den's SOS will range from .515 to .523 based on the 15 or 16 variations of wins/losses that could occur on Sunday.

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Based on the way the Broncos have played over the last 15 or so years, who would have thought we would be having conversations about how high in the draft we would be picking?

This is a conversation (about where in the top 10 we will pick) that has not happened much in the last 20 years.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I can't root that Denver will loose even though a loss gives them more draft options. If Denver wins I'll be happy about the win, and if they loose I'll try to keep in mind that in the long run it can be helpful to this team's future.

Tned
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
I can't root that Denver will loose even though a loss gives them more draft options. If Denver wins I'll be happy about the win, and if they loose I'll try to keep in mind that in the long run it can be helpful to this team's future.

Ditto, that's the way I am. That's why I said I would rather see the 7-9 season, than the number 1 pick. Life is short, as a fan, every win is something to be cherished.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Ditto, that's the way I am. That's why I said I would rather see the 7-9 season, than the number 1 pick. Life is short, as a fan, every win is something to be cherished.

If Denver wins and ends up with 17th pick in the draft isn't the spot that we draft Jarvis Moss at?

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 11:15 PM

I hear ya and it would be nice to be the team to play spoiler by beating the Vikings.

Tned
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I hear ya and it would be nice to be the team to play spoiler by beating the Vikings.

yep, that's for sure.

If Denver wins and ends up with 17th pick in the draft isn't the spot that we draft Jarvis Moss at?

Around there, but I don't remember exactly which pick it was.

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 11:36 PM
yep, that's for sure.

Around there, but I don't remember exactly which pick it was.

I just looked it up we did select him with 17th pick last year.

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM

Yeah we traded up the the 17th to get him

TXBRONC
12-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah we traded up the the 17th to get him

Before you posted this I went and double checked and sure enough that's where we selected Moss.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 07:29 AM
It's game day. It doesn't feel the same. The last game of the season and not much to be playing for. I just hope we go out with a win to end the season. It will be Kind of depressing when the game ends and look back on the season. So many negatives, and a few positives. I hope we build the line on both sides of the ball next year. That's where it all starts if you are going to win games in the NFL, up front.

SR
12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Just looked at the AFN schedule and it looks like I've got the Broncos and Vikings on live, at midnight, on one of the AFN channels. My plan: get off work at 9pm. Have 1each beer. Take a nap. Wake up at 11:45pm. Have a bowl of cereal. Pee. Watch the game. Pee at halftime. Go to bed if the Broncos are getting torched.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Just looked at the AFN schedule and it looks like I've got the Broncos and Vikings on live, at midnight, on one of the AFN channels. My plan: get off work at 9pm. Have 1each beer. Take a nap. Wake up at 11:45pm. Have a bowl of cereal. Pee. Watch the game. Pee at halftime. Go to bed if the Broncos are getting torched.

Hopefully we wont be getting torched.

schnooks1
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Well........... since my husband is a vikings fan (he does need to see a doctor) WE MUST WIN to preserve any happiness today. Because you know the old saying:
If Mama ain't happy........... nobody is!!

SR
12-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Hopefully we wont be getting torched.

I'm torn. Not sure what I want; better draftpick or ending the season on a high note. Hopefully Adrian Peterson plays a lot though. I'm really looking forward to watching him.

SR
12-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Well........... since my husband is a vikings fan (he does need to see a doctor) WE MUST WIN to preserve any happiness today. Because you know the old saying:
If Mama ain't happy........... nobody is!!

I hate it when husbands refer to their wives as "mama". It's even worse when wives refer to themselves as that. I know it's kind of 'old fashioned', but it makes me shiver. Maybe it's because I dislike my mom so much.

claymore
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm torn. Not sure what I want; better draftpick or ending the season on a high note. Hopefully Adrian Peterson plays a lot though. I'm really looking forward to watching him.I cant help but to root for a win. But the logical best case scenario is a loss.

SR
12-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I cant help but to root for a win. But the logical best case scenario is a loss.

I always want them to win, but we'll say that if they lose this week I won't be upset. :noidea:

claymore
12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
I always want them to win, but we'll say that if they lose this week I won't be upset. :noidea:
Exactly......... I said that last week though and I was furious! :laugh:

SR
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll probably stay up and watch the whole game. It's the last game of the year, so I might as well watch since there won't be anymore Bronco football until August 2008.

The NFL season blows. It's too damn short.

claymore
12-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll probably stay up and watch the whole game. It's the last game of the year, so I might as well watch since there won't be anymore Bronco football until August 2008.

The NFL season blows. It's too damn short.
This is the fastest regular season I can remember............. Im ready for the offseason though.......

SR
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
This is the fastest regular season I can remember............. Im ready for the offseason though.......

I'm ready for the off season too that way I can focus on the Avalanche. :werd:

schnooks1
12-30-2007, 10:44 AM
I hate it when husbands refer to their wives as "mama". It's even worse when wives refer to themselves as that. I know it's kind of 'old fashioned', but it makes me shiver. Maybe it's because I dislike my mom so much.

Well.......... my husband doen't call me that, my 8 year old does, so I guess I get used to calling myself that.

Living down south though... it is mama and papa for mommy and daddy. We have lived here since she was 15 months old, so she has grown up speaking the language I guess. I keep thinking soon it will be "MOTHER" and I really don't like it when they start that. So I will take the "mama" for now!

Sorry to hear about your mom.... I am grateful at least right now all 3 of my children like me. (knock on wood!)

SR
12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
;) :D :defense:

NorthernLights
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. I hope your team is able to put together a complete game. It is unfortunate that this will be the last game for a while, and I truly know how you feel. I think it is a testament to how successful your team has been over the years that this feeling is the exception and not the rule.

Enjoy watching Peterson play today because he is going to be a really good back for a long time provided he can keep from the injury bug. Take care and later.

SR
12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Good luck today Bronco fans. I hope your team is able to put together a complete game. It is unfortunate that this will be the last game for a while, and I truly know how you feel. I think it is a testament to how successful your team has been over the years that this feeling is the exception and not the rule.

Enjoy watching Peterson play today because he is going to be a really good back for a long time provided he can keep from the injury bug. Take care and later.

You'll really know how we feel at the end of next weekend.

claymore
12-30-2007, 11:09 AM

Thanks man, and typical of this season, if we do good, it screws us in the end..... :D

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Yeah he will, and so will Rivers. :D

SR
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah he will, and so will Rivers. :D

Ahhh fooey.

NorthernLights
12-30-2007, 11:50 AM

I won't hijack this thread with my thoughts, so good luck nevertheless.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2007, 11:51 AM
I just hope we show up today. The Vikings have the potential to blow us out. Then again, so do a lot of teams right now...

Italianmobstr7
12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I hope that we focus on stopping the run today, and I hope that Brandon cracks the 100 catch mark. I always want to win, regardless of draft status too. I don't know if we'll win, but it would be nice to finish out the season strong with some momentum heading into next year.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 01:36 PM
We have to build an early lead and put the ball in Jackson's hands, not Petersons. I sense a very good effort today.

fcspikeit
12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Before you posted this I went and double checked and sure enough that's where we selected Moss.

Yeah I seen your reply after my post went up. :salute:

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm torn. Not sure what I want; better draft pick or ending the season on a high note. Hopefully Adrian Peterson plays a lot though. I'm really looking forward to watching him.

First and foremost I would like to see the Broncos win. But the one thing that would lessen pain of another loss is that it would assure the Broncos of a top ten pick.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah I seen your reply after my post went up. :salute:

Well leaves no doubt where Jarvis was picked last year.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm torn on this game.

It's the last game of the season so I want a win.

However I think I want a top 10 pick more.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Players need to go out with a win. I know there's a long time between seasons but I just want a win and something to feel good about.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Players need to go out with a win. I know there's a long time between seasons but I just want a win and something to feel good about.

Isn't a top 10 pick something to feel good about?

;)

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Isn't a top 10 pick something to feel good about?

;)

Sure it is if you use is right. It's a gamble. All draft picks are. But it does give you a chance at an impact player. I don't know though, I like to win.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm torn on this game.

It's the last game of the season so I want a win.

However I think I want a top 10 pick more.

That seems to be the recurring theme in this thread.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Sure it is if you use is right. It's a gamble. All draft picks are. But it does give you a chance at an impact player. I don't know though, I like to win.

I win would make me feel good now, but an impact player would make me feel good for a LONG time.

That's just my opinion.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
That seems to be the recurring theme in this thread.

It's what happens when you have a team go 6-10 (in my opinion we will go 6-10).

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I win would make me feel good now, but an impact player would make me feel good for a LONG time.

That's just my opinion.

I hear you. I know what you mean. It also gives you an option to move back and get some more picks. I'm not big on top ten picks. Just me.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 02:19 PM

It's what happens when you have a team go 6-10 (in my opinion we will go 6-10).

I not so sure that we will. I know our run defense is horrible, however even with really good running team against a poor run defense you still need to able to throw the ball because this League is a quarterback driven League. In short, the Vikings quarterback has been less than impressive.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I no so sure that we will. I know our run defense is horrible, however even with really good running team against a poor run defense you still need to able to throw the ball because this League is a quarterback driven League. In short, the Vikings quarterback has been less than impressive.

Actually if you look at his (Tavaris Jackson) recent completion percentages, they look quite good.

Broncospsycho77
12-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Come out throwing today. Lots of play action and deep routes if we're gonna grab the lead early. Solid 10-15 yarders to Stokley over the middle and balance that with quick screens to Marshall to offset that. If that works out (or doesn't) then go DEEP.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Come out throwing today. Lots of play action and deep routes if we're gonna grab the lead early. Solid 10-15 yarders to Stokley over the middle and balance that with quick screens to Marshall to offset that. If that works out (or doesn't) then go DEEP.

I'd like us to scrap the conservative playbook since it is the last game. Shanahan needs to bo back to what he was doing LAST season, go deep, deep and deep.

Broncoschic7
12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the win today. I think even after a not-so-great season, mentally the win would aid more going in to next year, ending the season on a high note. JMO...:elefant:

fcspikeit
12-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I no so sure that we will. I know our run defense is horrible, however even with really good running team against a poor run defense you still need to able to throw the ball because this League is a quarterback driven League. In short, the Vikings quarterback has been less than impressive.

Your right, we really do have a shot to win this game.

I will have to watch over the Internet because we won't get the game here in Idaho. I really hope we beat them 55 - 0.

It is nice knowing that if we do lose we get a better draft pick. Of course I said this last week and I was pissed after the game. It's like every week is a new low for us. Even when you prepare yourself for the loss, losing SUCKS!

Either way, I really hope we play better then last week. That was just painful. No matter what pick we get. If that type of play is the last game I get to see the Broncos play this year it will be an even longer off season.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the win today. I think even after a not-so-great season, mentally the win would aid more going in to next year, ending the season on a high note. JMO...:elefant:

I agree with you!! I want to see a complete game today. :D

Broncospsycho77
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I agree. Cut the leash off of Cutler and see what happens. This can be a good "experimental game" to use for next season. Maybe test some new guys out at LB to see what happens?

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Actually if you look at his (Tavaris Jackson) recent completion percentages, they look quite good.

He had good stretch, but if I'm not mistaken last weeks game he regressed to his struggles from early in season.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Jackson isn't playing all that great right now. We just need to force the Vikings into 2nd and 3rd and longs and make him beat us.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
He good stretch, but if I'm not mistaken last weeks game he regressed to his struggles from early in season.

Past 3 games he has had %61, %62.1 and %64.

Those are good numbers, he throws alot of INT's though.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 03:21 PM

He throws picks at the worse times. Outside of the numbers, some of his decisions and game management haven't been that great, but he is young. I've watched him quite a few times, I'm not sold on him yet. Stats don't always tell the whole story.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Wookiee, he was 25/41 for 220 yards 1 td and 2 ints against the Redskins. While the competion percentage is high who is he completing the ball too? Numbers like that don't reflect the ability to throw the ball down field.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Wookiee, he was 25/41 for 220 yards 1 td and 2 ints against the Redskins. While the competion percentage is high who is he completing the ball too? Numbers like that don't reflect the ability to throw the ball down field.

I'm not trying to make out he is a good quarterback, I am just saying he can SOMETIMES make throws when needed.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Wookiee

I see the light!

Someone finally spells Wookiee the correct way!

:salute:

broncogirl7
12-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Has anyone posted the inactives for the game? If so, I apologize for double post:

Brandon Stokley

Mike Bell

Ian Gold

Dan Graham

Isaac Snell

Larry Birdline

Paul Carringron

Darrell Hackney - #3 QB

Broncospsycho77
12-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Has anyone posted the inactives for the game? If so, I apologize for double post:

Brandon Stokley

Mike Bell

Ian Gold

Dan Graham

Isaac Snell

Larry Birdline

Paul Carringron

Darrell Hackney - #3 QB

Well, screw my theory:tsk:

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Stokley needs to whack that injury bug next year. He's clutch when he plays, but you can't be clutch on the sidelines. Cutler really likes Stokley. If he could stay healthy, Brandon could put up big numbers from the slot next year.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Guess Mike Bell is toast next year. Too bad. I really liked the kid, but also realize he is probably not NFL material. Nice story while it lasted.

broncogirl7
12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Stokley needs to whack that injury bug next year. He's clutch when he plays, but you can't be clutch on the sidelines. Cutler really likes Stokley. If he could stay healthy, Brandon could put up big numbers from the slot next year.

I think you are definately right about that. I was really stoked for Stokely (no pun intended) and really liked the vibes between Cutler and Stokely. It sucks he's injured.:mad:

BroncoJoe
12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Stokley has the entire off-season to get healthy.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Guess Mike Bell is toast next year. Too bad. I really liked the kid, but also realize he is probably not NFL material. Nice story while it lasted.

Mike Bell will be gone next year. We'll draft a RB in the later rounds and bring Henry, Young, and Hall to compete I would imagine.

Tned
12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
It's game day. It doesn't feel the same. The last game of the season and not much to be playing for. I just hope we go out with a win to end the season. It will be Kind of depressing when the game ends and look back on the season. So many negatives, and a few positives. I hope we build the line on both sides of the ball next year. That's where it all starts if you are going to win games in the NFL, up front.

Yea, this has been one of the most dissapointing seasons in a long time for me. For the first time ever, I have been having trouble getting excited about games, because of how the team is playing.

If nothing else, the team either needs to get better on the O line, or once again figure how to game plan to win with a sub-par pass-blocking line. You can't call plays like you have one of the best and biggest O-lines in the NFL, and then be surprised when bad things happen.

I'm torn. Not sure what I want; better draftpick or ending the season on a high note. Hopefully Adrian Peterson plays a lot though. I'm really looking forward to watching him.

Yep, I think most of us are torn. Ideally, we win, and the teams ahead of us win, and we mantain our 9th or so spot, but get a win to end the season.

He was playing pretty darn good early in the year and when he stepped in to replace Walker, but now has been banged up for while. Hopefully, he comes back healthy next year, and is only needed as a slot/3rd WR.

Bronco9798
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Sunday Ticket isn't showing the game in HD today, just normal regular TV..That sucks.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey guys, I wont be active in this thread unless it's half time or during quarters (TV is downstairs, computer upstairs)

I hope it's a good game but I hope we lose. :laugh:

Psychotron
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
The Sopcast channels are not coming up...anyone have any other streams?

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Sunday Ticket isn't showing the game in HD today, just normal regular TV..That sucks.

Yep, sucks big time. I checked an HD sports guide that Yahoo has and the game is being telivised in HD, just not on DirecTV.

Let's see how the new punter does.

slim
12-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm I the only one that hates that little swing pass to Sapp? They have run that play a dozen time this year and it never works. You'd think they would stop running it. :mad:

fcspikeit
12-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Yep, sucks big time. I checked an HD sports guide that Yahoo has and the game is being telivised in HD, just not on DirecTV.

Let's see how the new punter does.

At least you can watch the game :(

This sucks! The last game of the season and I can't watch it.

Broncogator
12-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Looks pretty crappy

SR
12-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Damn Winborn! We've got ourselves a keeper!

SR
12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Someone please tell me why we went to a prevent D on third and six?

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm I the only one that hates that little swing pass to Sapp? They have run that play a dozen time this year and it never works. You'd think they would stop running it. :mad:

Used to be a money play, and has still gone for a couple TDs this year, I believe.

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Someone please tell me why we went to a prevent D on third and six?

The Bates Method...

Den21vsBal19
12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Evening, guys :salute:

SR
I heart Denver Broncos run defense.

girler
The Bates Method...

I am so sick of the Bates Method. It never worked, never will.

SR
12-30-2007, 04:28 PM
The Bates Method...

Bates' method can suck my ba......nana.

slim
12-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Well this is just great. SSDD.

SR
Got 8 in the box and can't stop an off-tackle run.

Broncospsycho77
Pathetic. I don't know who this Moore guy is, but he's eating us up.

SR
12-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm going to say this now and I mean it. Abdullah SUCKS at the whole tackling part. He also SUCKS at angles and position.

Escobar
ouch.........

Broncogator
Pathetic. I don't know who this Moore guy is, but he's eating us up.

He's a pot head third stringer

Broncogator
12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm going to say this now and I mean it. Abdullah SUCKS at the whole tackling part. He also SUCKS at angles and position.

I was just thinking that I've seen him miss more open field tackles this year

slim
12-30-2007, 04:32 PM

He must be taking lessons from Gold.

SR
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM

I haven't seen someone play angles so poorly and miss so many open field tackles in a long, long time.

weazel
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM
seen that coming

slim
12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow...we actually caught a break.

Tned
I went to get a drink, I guess the Broncos won the challenge/touch back???

girler
Now we gotta move the ball.

omac
Wow, our D is playing great; we forced a touchback! :D

Seriously, way way way way way too easy for the Vikings, and that's without using AD.

slim
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Another one yard pass to Sapp. Seriously, they need to stop calling that (except in the red zone).

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
:lol: Ok, I like the attempt at making something out of a broken play, but Cutler would have been better eating that after yet another fumbled snap.

SR
12-30-2007, 04:36 PM
All i can say is **** **** ***** damnit to hell.

girler
Now we gotta move the ball.

Forward I mean.

Tned
That was a great scambling pass to their DB, Gordan. He pretty much hit him in the hands, Gordon's gotta catch that. Ooops, that was the bad guy, glad he dropped it. :D

Broncogator
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Besides being in SD is anyone else getting a jacked up signal on DTV?

omac
12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
That was a great scambling pass to their DB, Gordan. He pretty much hit him in the hands, Gordon's gotta catch that. Ooops, that was the bad guy, glad he dropped it. :D

Nah, he just got rid of that. That guy had no play.

omac
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
After that first Viking drive, the question becomes, how many Vikings get 100 yards today?

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Nah, he just got rid of that. That guy had no play.

I'm glad it wasn't a pick, but the receiver had no shot, only the DB's who's hands it bounced off of. He's going to have to learn when it's time to throw the ball away.

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:40 PM
After that first Viking drive, the question becomes, how many Vikings get 100 yards today?

My moneys on two, based on the first series plus.

Mike
12-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Champ Bailey is a stud.

SR
Champ Bailey > Adrian Peterson on that play.

frauschieze
At least you can watch the game :(

This sucks! The last game of the season and I can't watch it.

I about had a heart attack when I realized the game wasn't on CBS. It's always on CBS. But this week....FOX. I'm just glad I've got it.

slim
12-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Anther 3rd and long and we can't get off the field. I feel like puking.

omac
12-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm glad it wasn't a pick, but the receiver had no shot, only the DB's who's hands it bounced off of. He's going to have to learn when it's time to throw the ball away.

The way I saw it, those guys didn't have a play. I could be wrong, but that was far from an INT. The sportscasters didn't make a big thing out of it either. It looked like a throwaway to me. Again, I could be wrong.

On a side note, LOL the Vikings try passing, then when they're 3rd and long, they go back to running and get the 1st down easy. :D

Mike
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
How is it possible that Denver has not come up with some kind of plan to stop the run by now? What the hell do we have a defensive coord for? :tsk:

Nomad
12-30-2007, 04:44 PM
How is it possible that Denver has not come up with some kind of plan to stop the run by now? What the hell do we have a defensive coord for? :tsk:

It'll be 100 yds by the end of the 1st quarter.:tsk:

Psychotron
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
84 rushing yards in the 1st quarter??? Dang...

Den21vsBal19
12-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Thank Gawd for Champ, great play, shame he couldn't get the ball :D

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
The way I saw it, those guys didn't have a play. I could be wrong, but that was far from an INT. The sportscasters didn't make a big thing out of it either. It looked like a throwaway to me. Again, I could be wrong.

Not that it matters too much, but I went back to double check. It definately wasn't a throw away, he was trying to make the play. The receiver was triple covered, and the only reason that Gordon didn't make the play was it was kind of wobbly and off of his back hip, he didn't dive trying for the balls, just kind of went to his knees and never timed it right.

Just a bad decision from Cutler who was desperately trying to make a play. The only point I was trying to make, is that he has to begin learn when to tuck the ball and take the sack, or throw it away.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Watching this game just isn't the same for me, oh well.

Tned
12-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Thank Gawd for Champ, great play, shame he couldn't get the ball :D

Yep, that would have been a nice quick six to get things headed in the right direction.

Den21vsBal19
12-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Yep, that would have been a nice quick six to get things headed in the right direction.
Our luck's not been that good this season though :(

frauschieze
Anther 3rd and long and we can't get off the field. I feel like puking.

You and me both. You and me both.

broncogirl7
Our run defense sucks! How could we be so bad in the run defense? Bates...goodbye.
I love Lynch, but he is toooo slow.

omac
Not that it matters too much, but I went back to double check. It definately wasn't a throw away, he was trying to make the play. The receiver was triple covered, and the only reason that Gordon didn't make the play was it was kind of wobbly and off of his back hip, he didn't dive trying for the balls, just kind of went to his knees and never timed it right.

Just a bad decision from Cutler who was desperately trying to make a play. The only point I was trying to make, is that he has to begin learn when to tuck the ball and take the sack, or throw it away.

No man, you're wrong ... just kidding! :D I think for the most part this season, he's been making some good decisions, though. :cheers:

Timmy!
12-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Fire Bates *cough*

slim
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Fire Bates *cough*

He really should resign. If I screwed the pooch as bad as he has this year, I know I would resign.

omac
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey, some life in the running game. Oline and Young doing pretty good.

broncogirl7
Gooooooooooo Young!!!!

Nomad
Great running by Young

Tned
Young's had some nice runs. Getting a little momentum now, nice little pass and RAC to Scheff.

Nomad
12-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Getting closer to the red zone :shocked:

Broncogator
Who's "Travis Young"

broncogirl7
That b****. Can't believe he did that to Martinez!!!

slim
Getting closer to the red zone :shocked:

Is that type of lanuage really necessary? :D

Timmy!
12-30-2007, 04:58 PM
He really should resign. If I screwed the pooch as bad as he has this year, I know I would resign.

:dito: :rockon:

SR
12-30-2007, 04:59 PM

At least he didn't say the 'pink zone'.

What a grab by B-Marsh.

frauschieze
Nice catch, Marshall!

Nomad

BRONCOS actually made a TD!:elefant:

Stargazer
My adoptee was smashed!!!!

Yay Marshall!:elefant::elefant::elefant:

Timmy!
12-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Marshall is such a beast.

broncogirl7
Beautiful throw and catch! Way to go Cutler and Marshall!!!:elefant:

DenBronx
im pretty sure were still gonna see the adrian peterson show. :coffee:

but nice touchdown by marshall this kids a stud.

Den21vsBal19
Nice throw & catch yay!!!

Tned
Who's "Travis Young"

I was wondering the same thing, lol

Psychotron
12-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Cutler to Marshall has been one of the only few good things this season...

DenBronx
12-30-2007, 05:02 PM
yes, walker is 1 for 9!!! guess his knee isnt degenerate people!

omac
12-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Funny how those plays can happen when the line gives Cutler good protection. He had all the time to throw that one. :rockon:

omac
12-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Gotta love the way AD runs! He will not go down of 1st contact.

omac
12-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Cutler to Marshall has been one of the only few good things this season...

Don't forget Cutler to Stokley too. :cheers:

Tned
12-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Funny how those plays can happen when the line gives Cutler good protection. He had all the time to throw that one. :rockon:

Yes, time would make all the difference in the world. However, unless Denver does a coplete makeover in the offseason, it is unlikely to be a luxury Cutler gets very often. There hasn't been much great pass blocking in Denver in the last 7-8 years.

TXBRONC
That was a terrific catch by Marshall.

slim
Nice tackle by Winborn

Tned
Don't forget Cutler to Stokley too. :cheers:

That's been a very pleasant surprise, considering how many people said he was washed up before this season started.

slim
12-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Dooooooooooom!!!!!!!

SR
12-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Elvis just made Brian Cook his *****,.

Tned
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Man, Dumerville needed about another 2" of reach to get that sack, now it will either be a half sack, or a full for Mallard.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
I've been wondering about this matchup for a while.

A small DE versus a gigantic offensive tackle ( Dumervil V McKinnie). It will be interesting to see how that battle works out.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Elvis just made Brian Cook his *****,.

Yeah, Ryan Cook is definitely the weak spot on a strong Vikings offensive line.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Man, Dumerville needed about another 2" of reach to get that sack, now it will either be a half sack, or a full for Mallard.

I think Dumervil will get full credit for the sack.

DenBronx
12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Gotta love the way AD runs! He will not go down of 1st contact.

i wonder what denver would look like with its own AD.

Timmy!
12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm starting to get convinced that Winborn is a better LB than Ian Gold.

I really hope Lynch plays another year, but only for about 35% of the snaps (running downs).

Amazing how good Culter and the pass offense can look when Jay's not getting killed.....heh, a sack right on cue.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM

I was just wondering that as well.

I was thinking, what if we magically traded up for AD last year. We could have spent the money we used on Henry on someone else.

Oh well, I suppose we are stuck with the drug addict.

Broncogator
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM
WTF is escapabilty

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:13 PM

I really hope Lynch plays another year, but only for about 35% of the snaps (running downs).

Amazing how good Culter and the offense and the pass offense can look when Jay's not getting killed.

It's not hard to find a better linebacker than Ian Gold. :laugh:

As for John Lynch, he is blowing alot of coverages as time goes on. I think it's time he called it quits.

frauschieze
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM

I hope I can soon say "Good Riddance" to Gold. Good bye. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

He infuriates me.

slim
12-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow, how does someone get that wide open?

Tned
Yikes, that's dodging a bullet

weazel
Broncos have 3 good receivers, and one coach that is scared to use them deep.

watching the 3 yard dumps over and over is frustrating.

...wow is our secondary even on the field? that guy was 30 yards free.

Retired_Member_001
What an amazing drop, it was harder to drop that catch than to hold on to it.

SR
12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Fumbleitis.

omac
Funny how those misdirection plays look real bad when they're sniffed out by the D.

And on another note, great D by Denver; they made a wide open receiver drop the ball just by watching him. :D

And ofcourse, the Vikings don't get cute again and just run the ball.

Nomad
What ever happened to receivers catching with their hands! Thank goodness that guy can't catch, FUMBLE!!!!!!!!

Timmy!
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
It's not hard to find a better linebacker than Ian Gold. :laugh:

As for John Lynch, he is blowing alot of coverages as time goes on. I think it's time he called it quits.

LOL. Ya, Gold has really sucked this year. I'm impressed with Winborn's speed.

Lynch isn't "blowing" coverages, he's just to friggin slow to be effective anywhere but the line. Which is why I think he should only be in on 35% of defensive snaps next season (if he comes back). Bates is too retarded to use him like he should be used at this point in his career.

SR
Marshall's fumble was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Broncogator
Broncos have 3 good receivers, and one coach that is scared to use them deep.

watching the 3 yard dumps over and over is frustrating.

...wow is our secondary even on the field? that guy was 30 yards free.

If I see that Marshall pass to the flat one more time I'm gonna puke.

Tned
Ok, this looks like one of those country contests where they grease up a little piglet

slim
Man, two fumbles by Taylor today. You gotta scratch your head. Why give him so many carries when you have AD?

SR
12-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Coming back. Nice run though.

Tned
I like this kid, more and more. Looks like holding, but still a great run.

Retired_Member_001
LOL. Ya, Gold has really sucked this year. I'm impressed with Winborn's speed.

Lynch isn't "blowing" coverages, he's just to friggin slow to be effective anywhere but the line. Which is why I think he should only be in on 35% of defensive snaps next season (if he comes back). Bates is too retarded to use him like he should be used at this point in his career.

I don't think a guy like John Lynch will want to be used only %35 of the time.

Damn holding call.

Nomad
:mad::mad::mad:Holding!

topscribe
Holding on a running play. :mad:

-----

weazel
he was nowhere near the play, the hold meant nothing

Den21vsBal19
Great run by Young, but as usual, we shoot ourselves in the foot with a flag :tsk:

weazel
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
nice use of Hall there

omac
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Another great combo, Cutler to Scheffler. And quite a few to Mustard too.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Chad Mustard has caught a couple of passes.

Maybe Shanahan won't cut and re-sign him a million times this off-season.

(Andre Hall is looking good as well as Selvin Young.)

Broncogator
Ok so it worked this time

Tned
A beast! Marhsall is a beast!!

weazel
Brandon YAC Marshall

SR
Seeing Javon out there this much is encouraging to me.

Nomad
:whoknows:Where was this team last game!

weazel
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Seeing Javon out there this much is encouraging to me.

maybe he might even get thrown to...

TXBRONC

I kind of doubt we can get that guy.

frauschieze
:whoknows:Where was this team last game!

Same team. We just have multiple personalities this year. Good one game and incredibly crappy the next.

topscribe
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Still seem to have problems running the ball in the red zone.

-----

Broncogator

now your just being silly

TXBRONC

Jay has already thrown to Walker once or twice.

SR

He caught the first pass of the game. I don't care if he gets thrown to or not. The fact that he is out there says a lot...says he wants to be on the team and he wants to play. Hopefully him playing in a meaningless game makes big enough of a statement to our coaching staff and he stays on the team next year.

Stargazer
12-30-2007, 05:24 PM
4 more catches to 100 for Marshall!

:salute:

omac
They've been using that quick pass to the side to Marshall a lot; I hope the Vikings don't sniff it out later. It's practically horizontal, very dangerous if a defender gets a step on it.

Timmy!
I don't think a guy like John Lynch will want to be used only %35 of the time.

Damn holding call.

Good point.

Gator hows the puke? :D

It's hard to throw deep when your O-line sucks at pass blocking.

SR
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Congrats to Jay for 20 TD passes on the season.

TXBRONC
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Nice job Jay your 20th td on the year. :elefant:

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Looks like we may have to say goodbye to a top 10 draft pick.

shank
12-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Looks like we may have to say goodbye to a top 10 draft pick.

this entered my mind too, but it doesn't stop me from cheering:salute:

omac
Congrats to Jay for 20 TD passes on the season.

:rockon:

I'm wondering why the Vikings aren't able to penetrate our OL that well; it's almost like playing KC, Cutler's getting enough time to make passes.

Psychotron
Cutler, Scheff & Marshall....we got ourselves our triplets. Now the Broncos just need a rb and that would be a nice offensive core.

topscribe
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Cutler, Scheff & Marshall....we got ourselves our triplets. Now the Broncos just need a rb and that would be a nice offensive core.

:confused: Ever hear of Selvin Young?

-----

frauschieze
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I always want the Broncos to win. Always.

Retired_Member_001
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
this entered my mind too, but it doesn't stop me from cheering:salute:

I want a good performance, it's just a top 10 pick could do us wonders.

The one time we need the team to suck and they don't. :D

frauschieze
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
:confused: Ever hear of Selvin Young?

-----

I don't think that Young will end up being the caliber that the other three are/will be. But I also hope I'm proved wrong.

pnbronco
12-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I always want the Broncos to win. Always.

Me too...
good job Jamie, I like him.