PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to seem critical of our new friends or the mods here...

sneakers
12-29-2007, 05:35 AM
But before it seemed as if P&R was ruled by mods with an iron fist....what do I mean by that? Before it seemed as if the toleration for "off-topic" posts or attempts to derail the threads was much lower than it is now.

I liked that, because P&R is a serious topic, and you should have serious posts in there. It is hard to follow what another is saying when it is spread out among 2 or 3 post talking about pooping and beer.

Thanks!

(Talking about pooping and beer is OK, as long as it is in it's proper setting, or maybe I am taking things a little too seriously.)

SR
12-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Some humor and comic relief in P&R is not a bad thing. Continuous off-topic discussion is a bad thing. The mods know their role and moderate as they see fit according to the CoC.

Jody
12-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Our topscribe must be beside himself about now (in a straight jacket perhaps?):laugh:

I make a little itsby bitsy thread about how we have a pretty girl on this board the new members would like to hook up with (and it was not a member named Nightmare either) and that gets deleted, but all the T&A comments remain intact. What….equality at it’s finest? It's my job to deflect.

I think the board management (sounds prestigious) is just trying to cut our new members some slack.

The hammer does commeth.

As a professional thread-killer, it's not good policy to kill each and every thread, right SR? ;) This line I'm very serious about. :mad:

Sneakers....you're Random Fact of the Day thread "LIVES ON TODAY" because of the former Freaks posting in it.... there's an upside here for you as well.

Jody
12-29-2007, 07:07 AM
It reminds me of being in a smoke-filled, crowded bar.

Everyone's standing elbow to elbow.

I see my old friends WAY on the otherside of the bar.

I can only wave. :wave:

The more I drink, the farther away my old friends look. :D

schnooks1
12-29-2007, 07:11 AM
It reminds me of being in a smoke-filled, crowded bar.

Everyone's standing elbow to elbow.

I see my old friends WAY on the otherside of the bar.

I can only wave. :wave:

The more I drink, the farther away my old friends look. :D

Maybe, you need to put that drink down??

Bronco9798
12-29-2007, 07:42 AM
All threads swerve at times and it would be a total bore if you couldn't throw a little off the wall humor into them as long as they get back on course. A little fun with a serious discussion is better than a big boring serious discussion thread. Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. We came from a world of serious discusion and laughter all thrown into one most of the times from the Freak. It's just what we did. I'm sure it will get better as time goes and we learn to settle in and see how things are here. I think we have all added some life and humor to this board. Some people just have a low tolerance for humor, we don't.

BroncoBJ
12-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Thats why I stay out of P&R. I cant even post in the smack forums without getting in trouble. God forbid if I go to P&R forums. :lol:

But yea some members are allowed to get off topic and others arn't.

Just the way it goes around here.

As a wise SeeingRed once said "let the mods be mods"

Jody
12-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Thats why I stay out of P&R. I cant even post in the smack forums without getting in trouble. God forbid if I go to P&R forums. :lol:

JC....this board would be a better place if you quit declaring your love for tnedator.
The Freaks have nothing on you.

Kapaibro
12-29-2007, 07:53 AM
The modding in the P&R has chilled out a bit.

I don't think this is a bad thing.

Some of the Freaks are being given a bit of leeway as they are not familiar with our ways, but they are learning. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

SR
12-29-2007, 09:49 AM

I don't think there is a whole lot of favoritism on the board as far as people being 'allowed' to go off topic. Some threads are doomed from the beginning and the mods know that. Some threads progressively skew from the topic. But, some topics are only going to allow so much discussing before people branch out in to their own little mini-discussions that come from topics that somehow link to the original post. It's the nature of message boards. It happens.

As far as sneakers' post goes, I really don't see the need for any more strict moderation. The moderators have cooled off since the new members from the Freak joined and I like the direction this board is headed. I say, keep doing what you're doing mods and let the board take it's course.

Jody
12-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't think there is a whole lot of favoritism on the board as far as people being 'allowed' to go off topic. Some threads are doomed from the beginning and the mods know that. Some threads progressively skew from the topic. But, some topics are only going to allow so much discussing before people branch out in to their own little mini-discussions that come from topics that somehow link to the original post. It's the nature of message boards. It happens.

As far as sneakers' post goes, I really don't see the need for any more strict moderation. The moderators have cooled off since the new members from the Freak joined and I like the direction this board is headed. I say, keep doing what you're doing mods and let the board take it's course.

I agree completely. Being 'handled' with an iron fist is a lose-lose for all, and will end this sweet bliss of a forum.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2007, 10:13 AM
The modding in the P&R has chilled out a bit.

I don't think this is a bad thing.

Some of the Freaks are being given a bit of leeway as they are not familiar with our ways, but they are learning. If you have an issue with a post, report it.

Good post Kap - The mods can not be everywhere - if a post warrants reporting, please do so

Jody
12-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Good post Kap - The mods can not be everywhere - if a post warrants reporting, please do so

You can tell you've been gone this week! You sound so... refreshed! :laugh:
Hey there Carol. I'd CP Kap myself, but....that's your fault too. :D Just get used to it....EVERYTHING's YOUR FAULT. :D Good to see you.

Tned
12-29-2007, 01:58 PM
As a general rule, P&R is expected to be more serious than the other forums. This is why it is set off on it's own, in sub-forums. We had even talked at one time about removing those posts from the "new posts" screen, so people wouldn't be sucked in by controversial thread titles, but that is off topic for this a bit.

While a thread getting a little off topic and having some fun should be just fine in most forums, P&R is probably the one exception. In here, in most cases, people are attempting to have a VERY serious debate, or use it as a soap box for their Political/Religious beliefs (less ideal use for P&R IMO), and joking or mocking typically doesn't go over very well.

At least that has been my experience, and I think what the regulars in P&R want.