PDA

View Full Version : Number of images/smilies increased from 4 to 6

Tned
12-29-2007, 03:19 AM
The original thread that requested this was deleted by the poster. However, others had requested the same increase in that thread, so the total images/smilies has been increased from 4 to 6.

BroncoBJ
01-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I noticed that when I quoted someone and there was like 5 combined smilies and I was wondering what happened. :lol:

But Why do we need a limit?
Can we have no limit?
Or does less smilies save bandwith and money and stuff?
I never understood why theres a limit on smilies and I'm not good with web design or computers or any of that so i didn't know what the reason was. :lol:

Tned
01-02-2008, 07:49 AM
I noticed that when I quoted someone and there was like 5 combined smilies and I was wondering what happened. :lol:

But Why do we need a limit?
Can we have no limit?
Or does less smilies save bandwith and money and stuff?
I never understood why theres a limit on smilies and I'm not good with web design or computers or any of that so i didn't know what the reason was. :lol:

smilies and images use the same limit in the config. If the number is too high (or unlimited, then people could put 10 or 20 smilies in a post, which would be annoying to most, but they could also put 10 or 20 pictures in a post, which could have bandwidth/slowdown issues for some users.