PDA

View Full Version : Orton very disrespectful during pregame..

holdon
10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET UP SET OR MAD AT ME BUT I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF FROM WRITING ON HERE ABOUT WHAT I HAD SEEN DURING THE PRE GAME. I WAS WATCHING ON THE TV WHEN I SEEN KYLE ORTON WALK THRU THE MARINE CORPS COLOR GUARD AS THEY WERE FOLDING UP THE AMERICAN FLAG. HE COULD HAVE SIMPLY WALKED AROUND THEM BUT DIDN'T HE JUST WALKED UNDER THE FLAG AND BETWEEN THE MARINES FOLDING THE FLAG. TO ME IT SEEMED LIKE HE HAD NO TIME FOR RESPECT. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM AS AN AMERICAN REGUARDLESS OF WHO HE IS OR WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING. :confused: :mad:

DC

KCL
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Just wondering...are you a Broncos fan?

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET UP SET OR MAD AT ME BUT I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF FROM WRITING ON HERE ABOUT WHAT I HAD SEEN DURING THE PRE GAME. I WAS WATCHING ON THE TV WHEN I SEEN KYLE ORTON WALK THRU THE MARINE CORPS COLOR GUARD AS THEY WERE FOLDING UP THE AMERICAN FLAG. HE COULD HAVE SIMPLY WALKED AROUND THEM BUT DIDN'T HE JUST WALKED UNDER THE FLAG AND BETWEEN THE MARINES FOLDING THE FLAG. TO ME IT SEEMED LIKE HE HAD NO TIME FOR RESPECT. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM AS AN AMERICAN REGUARDLESS OF WHO HE IS OR WHAT HE DOES FOR A LIVING. :confused: :mad:

DC

Oh really? Is your cap locks stuck or what?

I was at the game and didn't see that. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'd like to see some proof. Got any of that?

KCL
10-21-2009, 11:30 PM

I was at the game and didn't see that. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'd like to see some proof. Got any of that?

The O in Orton wasn't in caps...:laugh:

edit-I see now the O in Orton is in caps now...JR..Why'd you have to go and
change that??? :mad:

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
The O in Orton wasn't in caps...:laugh:

It malfunctioned after that and stuck. The answer to your other question is probably a no.

KCL
10-21-2009, 11:34 PM
It malfunctioned after that and stuck. The answer to your other question is probably a no.

Well that could be...I was just wondering if he was a Broncos fan or not...perhaps a Chargers fan :whoknows:

EDIT-Actually this person could be a "she".

GEM
10-21-2009, 11:35 PM
I saw it as well. Didn't like it as I agree he could have gone around. I wasn't there to see the full situation if there was a way around the Marines on the field or what the circumstances were, so I'll refrain from putting him on the major bad guy list.

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Well that could be...I was just wondering if he was a Broncos fan or not...perhaps a Chargers fan :whoknows:

EDIT-Actually this person could be a "she".

I doubt a Broncos fan would create and account and make their first post some of the wall statement about Orton disrespecting "Old Glory" and the Marines.

More likely a chargirl fan.

But who cares?

It's a troll thread.

KCL
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I saw it as well. Didn't like it as I agree he could have gone around. I wasn't there to see the full situation if there was a way around the Marines on the field or what the circumstances were, so I'll refrain from putting him on the major bad guy list.

Thanks GEM..I didn't watch the pregame show so I didn't see it..honestly doubt that he intended to be disrespectful though.

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 11:39 PM

So it did happen then, I owe the thread starter an apology then.

broncobryce
10-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I didn't see it but someone on Sirius NFL Radio called in and defended Orton saying he saw it, and that he didn't think it was/trying to be disrespectful at all. So opinions are opinions I guess. Then after the caller stated that Jim Miller said he has talked to Orton many many times in Chicago and there is no way in hell Orton would do that as a sign of disrespect. And with everything we know of Orton it doesn't sound like him at all.

Overtime
10-21-2009, 11:42 PM
shall we call someone a waaaaaaambulance?

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/224a44bbb1a0c09.gif

aberdien
10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Not a big deal, I doubt he was trying to be disrespectful.

honz
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM

DC

Hello upset Chargers fan. I remember this as well. What you are forgetting to mention is that he shook the hand of the marine he "limbo'ed" past before going under the flag. Very disrespectful!

Magnificent Seven
10-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I saw Orton talked to a marine and shook marine's hand before he walked under the flag.

Shazam!
10-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Kyle Orton cut his fingernails. That made me drop my keys. Damn him. That stupid ****.

BCJ
10-21-2009, 11:51 PM
I saw Orton fly the plane that dropped off all the airborne Marines. This was of course after he gave plasma to those in need. He is an American Hero.

broncobryce
10-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I saw Orton fly the plane that dropped off all the airborne Marines. This was of course after he gave plasma to those in need. He is an American Hero.

You ******* right!

dogfish
10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
i pretty much need davii or chaz to tell me what's up on this one-- i'm really not familiar with gigantic sideline flag protocol. . . .

Dman444
10-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I saw Orton spit on the flag and the marine before he walked under it while yelling obscenities.

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 12:41 AM

Actually I did see a bronco do that.. he simply ducked under the flag between a couple of Marines that were holding it on the broncos sidelines, waiting for the order to move out.... He did not interfere with them at all.. although some said he shook the Marines hand I did not see that..

as a Veteran that served under that flag, I did not take offense..

I do not see any reason for this to be blown out of proportion..

Brand
10-22-2009, 12:54 AM
I do not see any reason for this to be blown out of proportion..

I do. slow news day. It's an American Tradition......

Timmy!
10-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Oh for ***** sake.

http://lupinbebop.viperslayer.net/Burn/Gay%20thread.jpg

Shutdown
10-22-2009, 02:59 AM
I saw Orton spit on the flag and the marine before he walked under it while yelling obscenities.

LOL! I just choked on a sunflower seed... thank you.

DenBronx
10-22-2009, 03:13 AM
was orton supposed to walk all the way to the goal post then walk all the way around? the song was over and they were walking out. orton was shaking there hands and talking to many of them. the game was about to start. this is the nfl not boot camp for the army where everyone knows about military protocol.

i guess orton should have helped them fold the flag too?

Kapaibro
10-22-2009, 04:59 AM
wait a minute....

are we back to hating orton?

Northman
10-22-2009, 05:24 AM
One post and then that person is gone. Yea, i call bullshit.

Dirk
10-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Wow. Condemned before the poster even got some clarification. Unbelievable.

Nomad
10-22-2009, 06:36 AM
I have never heard of any such protocol except don't let the flag touch the ground. Not knowing what this guy is talking about, it would seem better imo to find another way around during the colors ceremony even if it's over. I'm sure you don't want people walking through!!

One thing I do find disrespectful amongst fans and football players is during colors and the National Anthem, many don't put their hands over their hearts and the BS during!!

claymore
10-22-2009, 06:40 AM
I have never heard of any such protocol except don't let the flag touch the ground. Not knowing what this guy is talking about, it would seem better imo to find another way around during the colors ceremony even if it's over. I'm sure you don't want people walking through!!

One thing I do find disrespectful amongst fans and football players is during colors and the National Anthem, many don't put their hands over their hearts and the BS during!!

Thats my pet peeve. Show some gosh dang respect for the National Anthem.

Orton handled going under the flag about as classy as you could handle it. I damn sure dint expect him to run all the way around it.

Zweems56
10-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Thats my pet peeve. Show some gosh dang respect for the National Anthem.

Orton handled going under the flag about as classy as you could handle it. I damn sure dint expect him to run all the way around it.

That got me thinking. I was always taught hand over heart for pledge of allegiance, but nothing other than removing hat for National Anthem. Let it be known that I have researched this and come up with....

Sec. 301. National anthem

(a) Designation.–The composition consisting of the words and music
known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b) Conduct During Playing.–During a rendition of the national
anthem–
(1) when the flag is displayed–
(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at
attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;
(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with
their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder,
the hand being over the heart; and
(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute
at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until
the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face
toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag
were displayed.

claymore
10-22-2009, 07:08 AM
That got me thinking. I was always taught hand over heart for pledge of allegiance, but nothing other than removing hat for National Anthem. Let it be known that I have researched this and come up with....

The rules have changed recentley Veterans can salute the music or flag, whichever is present.

I would feel like a homo doing that personaly.

Dirk
10-22-2009, 07:10 AM
It's amazing how so many people in this country forget what that flag stands for and don't respect it or the national anthem.

Still, I don't think Orton was disrespectful.

sneakers
10-22-2009, 07:33 AM
At least he isnt killing dogs yet.

Dirk
10-22-2009, 07:41 AM
At least he isnt killing dogs yet.

No...just getting monkey's off our backs. AKA Chargers!

LRtagger
10-22-2009, 08:03 AM
buahahaha nice thread

the OP acts like it was a standard sized flag that two marines were folding up and Orton just busts in between them to get to the bench.

It was a flag the size of the damn football field...what exactly was he supposed to do? I'm willing to bet he felt uncomfortable about it, but he shook the soldier's hand before he ducked under and was as respectful as he could have been.

Dr Velcro
10-22-2009, 08:30 AM
He was probably nervous and had other things on his mind.

Or hung over.

Poor guy. He's tryin so hard.

Dirk
10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Maybe he was still too tired from giving blood that he didn't have the strength to run around the gigantor flag.....

just sayin :sick:

nevcraw
10-22-2009, 08:40 AM
I saw Orton talked to a marine and shook marine's hand before he walked under the flag.

same here..

walked up.. shook hand and went under.. I am sure it was not intentional to be offensive..
People are so easily offended it's absurd..

Peo

NightTrainLayne
10-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Hello upset Chargers fan. I remember this as well. What you are forgetting to mention is that he shook the hand of the marine he "limbo'ed" past before going under the flag. Very disrespectful!

Yes. I saw this, and I saw him greet one or two of the Marines, personally shaking their hands, and then he ducked under to get to the sidelines, and if you noticed, the Marines there lifted the flag up a little bit for him to fit under.

There was certainly no disrespect intended.

nbenallo33
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I guess as good as Orton has been playing someone has to be a downer

Traveler
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
buahahaha nice thread

the OP acts like it was a standard sized flag that two marines were folding up and Orton just busts in between them to get to the bench.

It was a flag the size of the damn football field...what exactly was he supposed to do? I'm willing to bet he felt uncomfortable about it, but he shook the soldier's hand before he ducked under and was as respectful as he could have been.

+1

I saw it too. Orton did shake the Marine's hand, said something to him, then ducked under the flag. No disrespect intended IMO.

SOCALORADO.
10-22-2009, 08:58 AM
He was probably nervous and had other things on his mind.

Or hung over.

Poor guy. He's tryin so hard.

Orton was extremelly tired mentally. He had just spent the last few hours trying to console and encourage Jay Cutler who had called him, all hysterical, crying about his piss poor preformance and wanted any advice on how to throw less interceptions, and be a man. After a long psychological session in which Orton cured Jay of his beetus, over the phone no less, he then exclaimed to jay that he had to go and do something he could never do in San Diego, which was win, and was suddenly underneath the flag, shaking the hand of a marine as he made his way to the sideline. No biggie.

LRtagger
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
ZOMG KYLE ORTON IS A TERRORIST HE DUCKED UNDER THE AMERICAN FLAG

WTF why can the OP have all caps without it being edited :mad:

NightTrainLayne
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
ZOMG KYLE ORTON IS A TERRORIST HE DUCKED UNDER THE AMERICAN FLAG

WTF why can the OP have all caps without it being edited :mad:

I don't think anyone feels like wasting the time to re-type it all.

studbucket
10-22-2009, 09:31 AM
DC = Dallas Chief?

LRtagger
10-22-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't think anyone feels like wasting the time to re-type it all.

Mine always edits automatically. This site is full of terrorist anti-Americans

NameUsedBefore
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Although I have no reason to agree with the TC, my blind hatred of Orton believes that he probably also gave them the bird and danced around them like a peacenik.

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
The rules have changed recentley Veterans can salute the music or flag, whichever is present.

I would feel like a homo doing that personaly.

I do it all the time for the very reason I was a Veteran, IMO it is my duty as a Vet to salute the flag.. ..:salute:

I proudly served and have many times told folks to knock of the BS or remove the hats.. for that I got crap.. no one has come after me yet but some day some punk will try it.. Bring it on..

claymore
10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
I do it all the time for the very reason I was a Veteran, IMO it is my duty as a Vet to salute the flag.. ..:salute:

I proudly served and have many times told folks to knock of the BS or remove the hats.. for that I got crap.. no one has come after me yet but some day some punk will try it.. Bring it on..

It would just feel weird for me to salute the flag as a civilian. But more power to you.

I make my whole family stop and render respect, even if its in the living room during the pregame.

KCL
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM
We say the Pledge every morning at school...makes me feel good to say it and I am glad schools are still doing it.

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
We say the Pledge every morning at school...makes me feel good to say it and I am glad schools are still doing it.

yep they are saying here also, though in spanish..

shank
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM

my head just exploded

NameUsedBefore
10-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Saying the pledge everyday builds solidarity, nationalism, need for exclusion. The only thing we are lacking is an authoritarian rule. While the object of a god is good, its fabrication makes it easy for some to easily break away then come back as if nothing happened. What the U.S. needs is a king. Some kind of monarch to really crack down. With the right toolset, namely a police force that is as innumerable as it is brutal, we can have order in this country once and for all.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
buahahaha nice thread

And while shaking the soldier's hand, he may have ask him if it would be ok to walk under it.

underrated29
10-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I love waking up to threads like this. Makes my morning lovely.

Nub, what the hell are you talking about? I would think that you were kidding about this statement below. but then you saluted yourself. So you have to be serious.

Saying the pledge everyday builds solidarity, nationalism, need for exclusion. The only thing we are lacking is an authoritarian rule. While the object of a god is good, its fabrication makes it easy for some to easily break away then come back as if nothing happened. What the U.S. needs is a king. Some kind of monarch to really crack down. With the right toolset, namely a police force that is as innumerable as it is brutal, we can have order in this country once and for all.

topscribe
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I love waking up to threads like this. Makes my morning lovely.

Nub, what the hell are you talking about? I would think that you were kidding about this statement below. but then you saluted yourself. So you have to be serious.

Guess he figured somebody had to do it . . .

-----

T.K.O.
10-22-2009, 11:00 AM
And while shaking the soldier's hand, he may have ask him if it would be ok to walk under it.

exactly what i was thinking.....i read the whole thread and waited for someone to say it.
it sounds painfully obvious that the brief conversation with the marine and the handshake went something like this
orton: i'm supposed to be over there,is it alright to go under this humungo flag?
marine: sure buddy,and do me a favor while your out there.....kick river's butt!
orton: you got it....sir
*the two shake hands and the marine lifts flag to allow orton to pass*

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 11:13 AM
exactly what i was thinking.....i read the whole thread and waited for someone to say it.
it sounds painfully obvious that the brief conversation with the marine and the handshake went something like this
orton: i'm supposed to be over there,is it alright to go under this humungo flag?
marine: sure buddy,and do me a favor while your out there.....kick river's butt!
orton: you got it....sir
*the two shake hands and the marine lifts flag to allow orton to pass*

I heard the marine did so,:salute: after giving blood this weak..

pnbronco
10-22-2009, 12:28 PM

I was thinking the same thing. He is such a nice man and so respectful that I can't imagine that he would ever do anything disrespectful on purpose. If they lifted the flag a little I would take that as a hint, but then it's just me.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
What the U.S. needs is a king. Some kind of monarch to really crack down.

:confused:

You have to be joking surely? Why would you want someone who is born into the role to be your "ruler" whether he/she is capable or not?

You can have Liz if want, as long as you promise to take the rest of the shower with her. In fact take London as an added sweetner.

Manchester Capital of England has a nice ring to it.

powderaddict
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
yeah yeah yeah so he disrespected the flag

BUT IS HE RUDE TO CABLE GUYS?

topscribe
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
yeah yeah yeah so he disrespected the flag

BUT IS HE RUDE TO CABLE GUYS?

Not a good idea . . .

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/LarrytheCableGuy.jpg

-----

NameUsedBefore
10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
J/k, btw.

DenBronx
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw Orton use the automatic handy cap door. He could have easily went around and used another door.

Unbelievable!

underrated29
10-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I was at the grocery store yesterday and I saw Orton use the automatic handy cap door. He could have easily went around and used another door.

Unbelievable!

He was too tired from giving blood to open the regular door.

Seriously, i wonder what the next Orton hate thread will after this bye week on sunday.

1. Bonehead blood move
2. disrespect of flag
3. leaving the seat up??????

TXBRONC
10-22-2009, 05:47 PM

Yep, very disrespectful. Send him to Gitmo!

dogfish
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Get off my lawn, punk!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7466/grantorinoclinteastwoodu.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/grantorinoclinteastwoodu.jpg/)

KCL
10-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I love that movie..I named my son after him even though he doesn't know it...:laugh:

Poet
10-22-2009, 06:05 PM

It would take a large amount of arrogance and general meanness for someone to purposely disrespect the marines and the flag.

People are human.

underrated29
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Get off my lawn, punk!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7466/grantorinoclinteastwoodu.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/grantorinoclinteastwoodu.jpg/)

No way. JR is much older than that.

tee he.

Poet
10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
No way. JR is much older than that.

tee he.

JR is going to hit you harder than Roy Williams in your sig.

I probably should have told you that JR is actually Brian Dawkins.

TXBRONC
10-22-2009, 06:37 PM
JR is going to hit you harder than Roy Williams in your sig.

I probably should have told you that JR is actually Brian Dawkins.

He's only Brian Dawkins when he's had a double shot of prune juice. :D J/K

Poet
10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
He's only Brian Dawkins when he's had a double shot of prune juice. :D J/K

No, that's when he becomes a combination of Steve Atwater and Lawrence Taylor.

Messing with JR is like peeing on a lion.

sneakers
10-22-2009, 09:18 PM

My twinge of inner xenophobia wants to ask if you are sure they are saying the American national anthem.....but I decided against it.

sneakers
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Get off my lawn, punk!

I don't think you can bring an M1 Girand into the stadium....otherwise Payton Manning would have to worry about taking a bullet in the knee versus the normal helmet or hit.

T.K.O.
10-22-2009, 09:25 PM
i wonder if k.c. would trade cassel for orton now?:lol:

DenBronx
10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
i wonder if k.c. would trade cassel for orton now?:lol:

I wouldnt mind cassel for simms. at least we would have some insurance of someone else that has done well in this system.

crush17
10-23-2009, 01:16 PM
He walked over right over to one of the Marines and SHOOK HIS HAND, then went UNDER the flag and to the bench.

The flag stretched from 20 yard line to 20 yard line AT LEAST.

So kindly S-T-F-U.

JDL
10-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I wonder if this is going to become like ... 'what did Elway give out for Halloween candy?"

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
After the Charger fan came to BF, registered, and started this thread, I sent emails to several media people - Lindsey Jones of the Denver Post one of them. Just received her response:

"Hi Carol,
Thanks for your email.
I just went back to the recording of the game, and yes, Kyle Orton did walk underneath the flag. It appears to be before the anthem, as the Chargers are being introduced. The Marines were in the line with the flag held under their arms -- it was not outstretched (those flags span more than half the field, not like it can just be folded up). The Marines were standing in a long line that stretched in front of the Broncos bench. Kyle approached, shook the hand of one of the Marines, and then ducked under the flag to get to the Broncos bench area. I'm not a Marine nor am I that familiar with the do's and don'ts of flag behavior, but it certainly doesn't appear to be a blatant act of disrespect, especially since Kyle shook the hand of the Marine right before doing it.
So there you go. Hope that clears it up, at least a little bit.
Thanks for reading,
Lindsay"

Guess after the spanking the Broncos gave to the Chargers, the SD fan who started this thread had to find SOMETHING in regards to the Broncos to TRY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT :D

shank
10-26-2009, 09:20 PM
i vote 'delete thread'

milehigh
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I wouldnt mind cassel for simms. at least we would have some insurance of someone else that has done well in this system.

Seems a little too much to pay for a backup quarterback. Didn't he sign a 6 year 60 million dollar contract?

hotcarl
10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
i vote 'delete thread'

such a gay thread

i vote delete holdon

and holydiver

weazel
10-26-2009, 10:40 PM

DC

I DONT WANT ANYONE TO GET UP SET OR UP TIGHT OR TO GET SICK AND UP CHUCK...

Poor Charger fans, you have to resort to this crap? pathetic... :tsk:

topscribe
10-26-2009, 11:12 PM
such a gay thread

i vote delete holdon

and holydiver

Post #1, OP a thread.

Just another example of the need for a 50-post rule . . .

-----

Superchop 7
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
If he shook the hand of a marine, that's all I needed to know.

sanluis
10-27-2009, 09:35 PM

The flag is like 75 yards long. Many Denver players were caught on the field and did the same thing as Kyle. They just happened to be talking about what a great job Kyle has done so far and the camera zoomed in on him exiting the field. He never bothered the flag or the marines and he meant no disrespect IMO.

Thread over....:coffee:

TXBRONC
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM

I'm ok with Simms as the back up. If he had to start in place in Orton I think the team would be fine.

Superchop 7
10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
granted, it was probably a "weak" handshake..........:vroam:

Lonestar
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
granted, it was probably a "weak" handshake..........:vroam:

only because he gave blood..

BCJ
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
i vote 'delete thread'

i say "Hell NO!". I just got another HI FIVE from somebody and my post is on page 2 from over a week ago. It was that good and I need to ride this one out so i can win post of the year. Tned, that is an award, right? Some gift certificate like we do in the pick 'em?

weazel
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
this is just ANOTHER BONEHEADED MOVE BY ORTON!!!!!! Next thing we'll hear, he'll be helping someone out of the store with their groceries! This guy is a showboat!!!