PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell and George Foster get Matz fired?

BOSSHOGG30
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
A league source has confirmed to Profootballtalk.com that Mike Martz will be out as the Lions' offensive coordinator after Week 17.

Martz's successor is reportedly already lined up. Profootballtalk's source says a number of poor personnel decisions for guys Martz wanted (i.e. Tatum Bell and George Foster) are the main reasons he'll be let go. A coordinator more allegiant to the run game would make sense with coach Rod Marinelli.
Source: Profootballtalk.com

BroncoBJ
12-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Why does ProFootball talk always pick on Denver? :lol:

Seems like all this week they mention Denver players or former Denver players.

dogfish
12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
just saw that-- funny stuff!

:laugh: :lol:

some people in denver are lucky george foster didn't get their asses fired. . . . :coffee:

DenBronx
12-28-2007, 11:42 PM
thats funny. i hope he DOES get fired and then comes over to denver to replace dinger.

SR
12-29-2007, 02:36 AM
thats funny. i hope he DOES get fired and then comes over to denver to replace dinger.

No joke. That was the first thing I thought when I read the Boss's post. With our recievers (assuming Walker can get healthy), a good running back, and an improved line, we could have a similar offense to that he ran in STL. I know Cutler is capable of it. :eek:

Kapaibro
12-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Maybe Martz is losing his job because he sucks, and Detroit are a bunch of losers?

Bronco4ever
12-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Glad we got rid of them while they still had some value. What a waste.

SR
12-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Maybe Martz is losing his job because he sucks, and Detroit are a bunch of losers?

Yeah, but no.

DenBronx
12-29-2007, 02:45 PM

Yeah, but no.

yeah im gonna go with a big NO on that too.

omac
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM

No, no, no! :D

Have you seen what happens to Kitna when they go into their multiple receiver spread offense? The guy is the most sacked QB in the league. It's one thing if you have NE's OL, but with our current OL, that's just asking for Cutler to get injured. Also, their running game sucks. To run a Martz passing offense properly, you'd need really good pass protection from your OL.

SR
12-30-2007, 02:19 AM
No, no, no! :D

Have you seen what happens to Kitna when they go into their multiple receiver spread offense? The guy is the most sacked QB in the league. It's one thing if you have NE's OL, but with our current OL, that's just asking for Cutler to get injured. Also, their running game sucks. To run a Martz passing offense properly, you'd need really good pass protection from your OL.

I would love to see Dinger get canned and have Shanny/Sundquist bring in Martz. The guy knows what he is doing and I'd love to see the Broncos have good enough pass protection to allow Cutler to take 5-7 step drops and zing the ball down field.

omac
12-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I would love to see Dinger get canned and have Shanny/Sundquist bring in Martz. The guy knows what he is doing and I'd love to see the Broncos have good enough pass protection to allow Cutler to take 5-7 step drops and zing the ball down field.

He's great at complex passing offenses, but he has a habbit sometimes of neglecting the run game. Then sometimes, he just keeps calling runs. Denver's rushing and passing offense are fine; it's only their OL that needs work.

SR
12-30-2007, 02:52 PM
He's great at complex passing offenses, but he has a habbit sometimes of neglecting the run game. Then sometimes, he just keeps calling runs. Denver's rushing and passing offense are fine; it's only their OL that needs work.

I'd like to see less conservative playcalling and more "lick my nards" play calling. You know? Remember 1998 when we went 13-0? We were the second highest scoring offense in the league next to Minnesota.

You know, I just get irritated because we have so much talent on our team and it sucks that we can't give Cutler the protection he needs to throw the ball down field. I read through that "time for a change of o-line philosiphy" thread and a lot of it makes some good snse.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2007, 03:09 PM
He's being let go because he's an egotistical a-hole and because he obviously doesn't know how to get Calvin Johnson involved......Well that, and the fact that there isn't a RB in the league that he won't completely ignore.

Plus, Millen is going to need a scapegoat after his team lost 7 of their last 8......