PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Dawkins?

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I was just wondering how the Wolverine was making out. Haven't heard anything since Monday. I know he was back in the game but I haven't heard a report.
That scared the shit out of me when I saw him come up limping.

honz
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sure he will be good to go with 2 weeks of rest to heal up. If he was able to suck it up and play the second half, it couldn't have been too severe...although he was clearly limping after the game.

Dirk
10-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Maybe just a charlie horse?? :noidea:

broncofaninfla
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Not sure but sure am glad we have a bye week this week. Hopefully that will be enough time to have him back ready to go for Baltimore

OldschoolFreak
10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone else get a sinking feeling during the game that the defense wouldn't hold up with their quarterback going out?

This is the one guy other than maybe Orton that I feel we just can't lose.

Dirk
10-21-2009, 11:51 AM
When it occurred, I got a lump in my throat for sure. I didn't know how the defense was going to respond. They did ok.

broncofaninfla
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Anyone else get a sinking feeling during the game that the defense wouldn't hold up with their quarterback going out?

This is the one guy other than maybe Orton that I feel we just can't lose.

I was worried, BDawk is vital to the success of this defense but also liked what I saw from McBath.

honz
10-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah. losing Dawkins obviously isn't a good thing, but McBath seemed to play well out there in his place from what I saw. I don't think we have any Calvin Lowery's on this team.

camdisco24
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Yes, losing Dawkins would be bad, but when he was out our D stayed tough. The thing I respect about B-dawk is his leadership. That alone makes our D very strong. When he was out for that period of time, he was still yelling at the D and keeping them fired up. I would hate to go a game without him, but as long as he's there keeping the D in line and motivating them, we'll be fine. I'm think the bye will give him pleanty of time to heal and rest up, and he'll be back just as tough against the Ravens.

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2009, 12:22 PM
The Ravens have a bye this week as well. With everyone coming off a couple of weeks rest it should be quite a battle...

T.K.O.
10-21-2009, 12:30 PM
yes, i believe the word is "BADASS !":salute:

camdisco24
10-21-2009, 12:37 PM
The Ravens have a bye this week as well. With everyone coming off a couple of weeks rest it should be quite a battle...

Oh yeah, its going to be crazy. I have a feeling it will be a very low scoring defensive game.

TXBRONC
10-21-2009, 12:39 PM
It was disconcerting to see him leave the game, and a great relief to see him go back into the game.

Lonestar
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I have not heard anything more but doubt it was a Hamstring pull more than it was a cramp the way they were working him on the sidelines stretching him it looked like a cramp more than pull. if it had been pulled I doubt he would have been able to play in the second half.. probably put some fluids in him and stretched during half time..

he is one player we can't afford to lose on the field..

Iron Horse72
10-21-2009, 06:57 PM
He'll be ready to go for the Raven game.

SoCoPoCo
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I remember seeing the crawler on the bottom of the TV when we signed BD and thought "why isn't anyone paying more attention to this?" I liked his game, albeit watching limited Eagles games, but never did I imagine the kind of impact he has had on this team from a leadership standpoint as well as just flat out bringing the wood on every play. The passion he plays with is something we haven't seen for a long time. We are only 6 games into his Broncos career, but dare I say he is flying up the charts of our all-time best safeties and may, in time, enter the hallowed ground occupied by (standing up and covering heart) Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater!

broncofaninfla
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I have not heard anything more but doubt it was a Hamstring pull more than it was a cramp the way they were working him on the sidelines stretching him it looked like a cramp more than pull. if it had been pulled I doubt he would have been able to play in the second half.. probably put some fluids in him and stretched during half time..

he is one player we can't afford to lose on the field..

I hope you are right but one thing that has me concerned is McD was quoted after the game that no player suffered from cramps in this game.

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope you are right but one thing that has me concerned is McD was quoted after the game that no player suffered from cramps in this game.

well I did not hear that.. Unless he took a shot to tame the pain and went back in to risk making the Hammy worse then that was a BAD decision on someones part.. it is a good thing we are going into the BYE week..

broncofaninfla
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
well I did not hear that.. Unless he took a shot to tame the pain and went back in to risk making the Hammy worse then that was a BAD decision on someones part.. it is a good thing we are going into the BYE week..

Agreed. If it was a hammy it would be the first time I have ever seen a player return and be as effective as Dawkins was. With the physical games we have had and Dawkins injury this was a perfect week for a bye. Should have Buck back at 100% as well.

Lonestar
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Agreed. If it was a hammy it would be the first time I have ever seen a player return and be as effective as Dawkins was. With the physical games we have had and Dawkins injury this was a perfect week for a bye. Should have Buck back at 100% as well.

unless they taped that puppy up and gave him shot of some sort.. I do not see him playing like he did in the last half..

but Dawkins is animal so who knows..

Brand
10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
McBath was a beast in his place, though. He did get some experience. But I hope Bdawk is ready for the Crows..........

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I watched the game last night on NFL replay and it looked like a hammy to me the way he grabbed it. I don't see how it could be anything really bad the way he played in the second half.

:whoknows:

jhildebrand
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I highly doubt the staff would risk further injury to our Defensive leader with the 2.5 game lead in the division. They don't seem the "short term gain long term sacrifice" bunch to me.

I also believe Dawk had some say so as to his return as well.

topscribe
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I highly doubt the staff would risk further injury to our Defensive leader with the 2.5 game lead in the division. They don't seem the "short term gain long term sacrifice" bunch to me.

That's 3.5 games . . .

-----

BroncoWave
10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
That's 3.5 games . . .

-----

But during the game when deciding whether to put him back in or not it was still 2.5 games.

topscribe
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
But during the game when deciding whether to put him back in or not it was still 2.5 games.

Oh, okay. I was looking at it out of context, obviously . . .

-----

Bronco Warrior
10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm betting on a cramp! He got it stretched out and then was back in the game! If it was more serious not sure they would have let him abck at all let alone so quick. ...and Yes McBath played great. Only saw one "rookie" play..bad angle after a Gates catch but he still hustled after the wiff and made the tackle..great hustle!

TXBRONC
10-23-2009, 02:42 PM

Shoot when Dawkins returned to the line up he seemed to flying around the field like he normally does. I know I saw him at least one time leaping threw the air to get in on a play in the second half. Dawkins is as tough as they come but if had severely injured his hamstring I don't think he could have moved around as well as he did against the Chargers.

T.K.O.
10-23-2009, 02:51 PM

i think phyliss had cramps that night.........:laugh:

OldschoolFreak
10-23-2009, 02:55 PM
i think phyliss had cramps that night.........:laugh:

She seemed cranky too. PMS?

JDL
10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Yes, losing Dawkins would be bad, but when he was out our D stayed tough. The thing I respect about B-dawk is his leadership. That alone makes our D very strong. When he was out for that period of time, he was still yelling at the D and keeping them fired up. I would hate to go a game without him, but as long as he's there keeping the D in line and motivating them, we'll be fine. I'm think the bye will give him pleanty of time to heal and rest up, and he'll be back just as tough against the Ravens.

Actually, SD pretty much marched up and down the field on us without Dawkins on the field. They did an ok job of holding to a FG on the one, but really, we appeared overwhelmed which had little to do with McBath's play. It is no different than when we lost Wilson. Without Dawkins, this D will stink up the joint, he's the glue that holds the rag tag group together, when he falters they will.