PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Broncos Team Report 9/20/09

TXBRONC
10-21-2009, 08:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report

I wonder if this means that for the remaider of the year Royal will be less involved with the offense:questionmark:

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - Oct 20, 4:20 pm EDT

Eddie Royal didn't have a catch against San Diego, but for once nobody was asking why the Broncos receiver was not involved in the offense.

Royal became the sixth player since 1970 and the first player in Broncos history to return a punt and a kickoff for a touchdown in the same game. His heroics led the Broncos to a 34-23 win against the Chargers, which improved their record to 6-0.

Royal was drafted to bring some life to Denver's special teams, although that has been mostly forgotten after his record-breaking rookie season as a receiver. The Broncos are using Royal on returns because he has the best ball security of any of Denver's candidates.

"He can make some big plays," coach Josh McDaniels said. "He made two huge ones for us (against the Chargers)."

Royal got a lot of help on his big plays, thanks to Denver's improved special teams. Each time he got up a head of steam and ran through the Chargers untouched, through some great blocking in front of him.

"Eddie definitely has the skills to take it to the house every time, but it's the guys up front blocking for him," cornerback Champ Bailey said.

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Like I said before TX, this offence is a better clone of the Patriots offence. It's all about the weekly matchups. It's not about having one or two starters that get all the carries or passes. Eddie, and the rest of our talented bunch of players will be used as they are needed. It's working well so far.

claymore
10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Like I said before TX, this offence is a better clone of the Patriots offence. It's all about the weekly matchups. It's not about having one or two starts that get all the carries or passes. Eddie, and the rest of our talented bunch of players will be used as they are needed. It's working well so far.

Like Sheffler did Monday. I loved seeing him lined up at WR.

Dman444
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report

I wonder if this means that for the remaider of the year Royal will be less involved with offense:questionmark:

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - Oct 20, 4:20 pm EDT

Eddie Royal didn't have a catch against San Diego, but for once nobody was asking why the Broncos receiver was not involved in the offense.

Royal became the sixth player since 1970 and the first player in Broncos history to return a punt and a kickoff for a touchdown in the same game. His heroics led the Broncos to a 34-23 win against the Chargers, which improved their record to 6-0.

Royal was drafted to bring some life to Denver's special teams, although that has been mostly forgotten after his record-breaking rookie season as a receiver. The Broncos are using Royal on returns because he has the best ball security of any of Denver's candidates.

"He can make some big plays," coach Josh McDaniels said. "He made two huge ones for us (against the Chargers)."

Royal got a lot of help on his big plays, thanks to Denver's improved special teams. Each time he got up a head of steam and ran through the Chargers untouched, through some great blocking in front of him.

"Eddie definitely has the skills to take it to the house every time, but it's the guys up front blocking for him," cornerback Champ Bailey said.

Where in the article does it infer Royal won't be getting opportunities?