PDA

View Full Version : My BRAINguard

gobroncsnv
10-20-2009, 11:23 PM
If Brandon Marshall owes his "recovery" to anyone, someone who really looks out for him on the field is our "other" Brandon, Mr. Stokely. Remember last year against the Browns, when BMarsh went to pull out the gloves? Watch the games this season, especially last night's, and Stokes gets next to Marshall after almost every play to keep his head on his neck instead of up his butt. Keeps the younger Brandon with a healthy dose of perspective, at least as best he can... If BMarsh keeps from getting suspended this year (and he's tried a few times... quit kicking the ball!!!!), it is going to be because he's got his own Jimminy Cricket watching over him.
Stokes is SO valuable to this team, in addition to this stuff that will NEVER show up on a stat sheet. Is Marshall gonna need this kind of influence for his entire career?

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm so proud of my boy Stokes, you're right he does do a lot that never shows up on any stat sheet.

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
If this is the case, it doesn't bode well for him keeping out of trouble in the offseason.
I'll quote that commercial for Oreo straws where the kid and the elephant are drinking milk ...."Oh, Grow up, Brandon!..."

Dirk
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
BMarsh is on his way to growing up. I saw a couple interviews with him and he acknowledged several times that he acted childish.

But Stokes is definately a quality guy for the team!

claymore
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
If this is the case, it doesn't bode well for him keeping out of trouble in the offseason.
I'll quote that commercial for Oreo straws where the kid and the elephant are drinking milk ...."Oh, Grow up, Brandon!..."

This sounds extreme, but I think JMCD has done a wonderful job salvaging Marshall's value. I hope we trade him in the offseason, I say this cause of the unsportsman like conduct penalty he got us on Monday.

He still cant control his temper.

scott.475
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
You know, I am glad Stokely is doing this, but really, when you think about it, it is a bunch of BS. Stokely should not feel like he needs to be the babysitter of a 25 YEAR OLD MAN! My gosh, what the he** is friggin' wrong with Marshall. I am glad he has actually decided to play this year, but he has ALWAYS given these interviews about "I need to grow up", "I need to mature", blah, blah, blah.

Hey Marshall, stop talking about it and start doing it, shut up and sing already. You should be EMBARASSED that you need an on-field babysitter you tool. I don't even watch his interviews or read them because I know all it will be is more empty words. Petulant is the perfect descriptor for him.

NightTrainLayne
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
This sounds extreme, but I think JMCD has done a wonderful job salvaging Marshall's value. I hope we trade him in the offseason, I say this cause of the unsportsman like conduct penalty he got us on Monday.

He still cant control his temper.

That was my very first thought when Brandon kicked that ball.

"He just signed his trade request".

That kind of behavior doesn't fit in on ANY team. But especially in the environment McD is trying to create, I see that as a big-time problem. Marshall will have a good season here, and then he will probably be gone if anything like that surfaces again. Maybe he can salvage himself, but seeds of doubt have once again been planted, and this time for behavior on the field where it counts the most.

honz
10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I think you guys are making too much out of this. Brandon is an emotional player and he lost control for a second when he didn't see a flag thrown. He's playing his butt off for this team right now...both receiving and blocking. I'm sure Brandon heard about his little outburst and hopefully he learns from it. McD isn't gonna trade him just because he lost his cool for a second...that would mean that we trade every player that has a personal foul called against them, and that just sounds ridiculous.

Dirk
10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I agree Honz!

I think BMarsh is just fine atm. A little emotion isn't necessarily a bad thing every once in a while. It actually shows that he has heart. He just needs to channel it a little better.

Day1BroncoFan
10-21-2009, 12:28 PM
We will know about Marshall by the end of the season. If he can't control his temper while we're winning how will he be if we're losing?

If he hurts the team too much he will be gone. One penalty isn't the end. We'll see.

MaddMatt
10-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic that he's on the right path. He obviously plays with a lot of emotion but I've noticed a couple times this year that he's making "team first" plays that he hasn't made in the past.

There was one toss from Orton in the Patriots game that would have been a pick for sure last year, but B-marsh got his hand in, in the end zone, to knock it away. He would have just let it go last year for sure. That alone gives me hope.

girler
10-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't forget that McD has personally mentored the Big Baby Brady. He knows how to handle ginormous egos with touchy toddler tantrums inside. He may be so used to it, that he doesn't even recognize that he's handling it. Or he may be so used to it, that he doesn't know what to do without that in his life-- So BMarsh is his go-to ego man when he needs to do some ego-mentoring. :noidea:

Ziggy
10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
That was my very first thought when Brandon kicked that ball.

"He just signed his trade request".

That kind of behavior doesn't fit in on ANY team. But especially in the environment McD is trying to create, I see that as a big-time problem. Marshall will have a good season here, and then he will probably be gone if anything like that surfaces again. Maybe he can salvage himself, but seeds of doubt have once again been planted, and this time for behavior on the field where it counts the most.

I agree NTL. It hasn't become an issue because it didn't cost us the game, but it very well could have. It's yet another sign that BM still cannot control his temper, and be a team first player. He talent is unquestionable, but he has the maturity of a 10 year old. You just can't give a guy like that franchise WR type of money, unless the contract is backloaded with protection clauses for the Broncos. I seriously doubt that Marshall will sign that kind of a contract, knowing that he is the way he is, and that a Dan Snyder type will pay him regardless.

Lonestar
10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
BMarsh is on his way to growing up. I saw a couple interviews with him and he acknowledged several times that he acted childish.

But Stokes is definately a quality guy for the team!

there is a huge difference in a press conference and being on the field or talking to your Girlfriend..

you can mentally prepare for reporters and he has been coached on how to do that..

being in the heat of the moment and his temper pops right out.. the opposing team can play this like a fiddle.. put a goon on him and take him out of the game so someone gets thrown out of the game as long as BM is neutralized it does not amtter..n

we can only hope they force him into anger counseling before or as part of his new contract..

this kid is a HUGE force on the field and just a heartbeat away away for another suspension or game disqualification..

Lonestar
10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I think you guys are making too much out of this. Brandon is an emotional player and he lost control for a second when he didn't see a flag thrown. He's playing his butt off for this team right now...both receiving and blocking. I'm sure Brandon heard about his little outburst and hopefully he learns from it. McD isn't gonna trade him just because he lost his cool for a second...that would mean that we trade every player that has a personal foul called against them, and that just sounds ridiculous.

but if a DC knows he can take BM out of the game by putting a goon on him and get a couple of PI instead then opposed to allowing him to catch the ball for a potential TD each time that is what they are going to do to take him out of the game..

as long as they can be assured of a kicking the ball response or worse from time to time they have neutered him..