PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr. Bowlen

MileHighWrath
10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Dec 28, 2008

Sitting in Qualcomm Stadium watching the Broncos get destroyed, embarrassing all Broncos faithful in attendance (of course there were thousands of us). We weren't foolish enough to think the game was going to be won without a spectacular performance by all Broncos players and were mostly convinced that it was going to be very difficult to beat the hot Chargers in their house with the playoffs on the line. What we didn't expect was the almost total lack of effort. ******* disgusting! I left So Cal feeling like the Broncos organization owed me an apology. One win away from the payoffs and the effort was so pathetic for the first time in my 29 year fandom I felt ripped off by the Denver Broncos. That was ridiculous!

Two days later, Shanahan was gone! After Shanny saying Slowik would be there next year .... nice first step P. Bowlen, what's next?

McCoach hired.

OK I went with that. Hot young Offensive Coach.

Nolan hired, again nice hire.

Honestly I was disgusted by the whole Cutler fiasco ... not disgusted by the coach, but by the childish QB who couldn't get over the fact that he's a commodity like everyone else in the league, *****! Do you cry himself to sleep in the windy city? Mr. 7 INTs. Or do you just blame it on the wind?

Last night the Broncos went into Qualcomm and beat the faggots ...err I mean dolts in their "house" or soon to be "mile high west" yet again!

That combined with a 6-0 start to the season and the AFCW all but locked up in mid Oct. and it's time to say ...

Congrats Mr. Bowlen, some very very tough decisions but as always you do your fan base well.

I feel vindicated.

Humble and faithful Broncos fan for life,

MHW

Lonestar
10-20-2009, 09:20 PM
very good post I believe almost everyone here as well as in DEN feels pretty much the same way..

Shazam!
10-20-2009, 09:32 PM
To think some questioned Bowlen's sanity. He is owed a massive apology.

Bowlen wants to win, and he'd do whatever is necessary to get this team back to the top.

The past two season were disgusting. Shanahan clearly lost the team.

Some who were still clinging to Shanahan's glory days with John Elway seem irrelevent after the Broncos are the hottest team in the NFL now. I appreciate and will never forget what Shanny did for the Broncos, but that was a long time ago. His lack of leadership and motivating the troops was painfully seen.

Just look at Jeff Fisher for a similar outcome in Tennessee.

As for Cutler that bitch, as a fan, you root for the team first and players second. Players come and go, but the franchise is forever.

Lonestar
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I remember hearing the laments if mike was relieved of his GM duties he would quit and someone would hire him in a heartbeat..

no one can ever replace the mastermind..

I think Pat has found the guy.. and shame on those of you that thought he was crazy and Joe Ellis should be fired..

Overtime
10-21-2009, 12:46 AM
I was a bit taken back when Shanahan was fired, but I figured if not last year, then it would have happened this year.

What caught me off guard was the fact he went with an offensive minded coach after all the defensive woes we've had. I questioned it, but after McDaniels was hired, I was talking with my dad (big time Chiefs fan..well not lately, but he grew up in KC) about the move and he said guys like Bowlen don't make moves like he made without knowing a thing or two.

Bowlen's no dummy, and he knew exactly what he was doing when he hired McDaniels. After all, he's been down this route before with Shanahan, Phillips, and Reeves. Bowlen knew what would happen if he hired a defensive minded guy, it'd be another repeat of the Wade Phillips era. Just look at prospect Steve Spagnulo's current production in St. Louis....that coulda been us. Instead of 6-0, we'd be 0-6. I'm not saying Spags won't be a good coach and turn St. Louis around, but Bowlen wasn't about to just take a shot in the dark and hope for the best.

No sir. Not Mr. Bowlen. Multi-Millionaires don't reach into a bucket of shit and expect to pull out a golden turd just by luck. They research what they want, they process the information they gather, they talk to people, they review the subject's credentials, they talk to the subject's bosses, they talk to the subject's co-workers and peers. Bowlen left no stone unturned. Bowlen didn't want just any Head Coach, he wanted a guy who would change the atmosphere, change the attitude, someone who would get guys to play unselfishly and as a team. But most importantly, Bowlen wanted a guy who would cover ever detail, no matter how trivial from the offensive, to the defense, to the special teams, to the coordinators, and strength and conditioning coaches, and he wanted that guy to do it with emotion, passion, fire, and intensity. Well, he got his man.

Bowlen had us all thinking he just did the stupidest thing in the world by firing a 2 Time Super Bowl Champion Head coach and offensive mastermind....and replacing it with a 33 year old youngster. Was McDaniels a gamble? In our eyes (the fans) yes it was. To Mr. Bowlen? Not at all. Mr. Bowlen has a business degree from the University of Oklahoma. He also has a law degree from there as well. Highly educated, business proficient men like Pat Bowlen don't take many shots in the dark. Usually they make calculated low risk high reward decisions, and McDaniels has been all low risk, and all high reward. What more could you ask for from an owner, as a fan? 10-15 years down the road when the Broncos quite possibly go through this process again, we can all reflect back on 2009, and give Bowlen the benefit of the doubt that the guy knows what the hell he's doing.

Shazam!
10-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Bowlen had us all thinking he just did the stupidest thing in the world by firing a 2 Time Super Bowl Champion Head coach and offensive mastermind....and replacing it with a 33 year old youngster.

Don't speak for me. First, Spags was my first choice and McDaniels second. Spags interviewed for the NYJ job and I heard a lot of coverage about that here locally. They said he was a horrible interview and the NYJ brass wasn't at all impressed. In fact, he wasn't even considered after it. That made me want McDaniels immediately before he was even interviewed. He may have been young but his credentials cant be disputed.

Second, I thought Shanahan should've been fired after 2007. In fact, I have stated numerous times he should've resigned when Elway retired in a "My job is done; this franchise is better off now than when I got here and we did what we set out to do" type of way.

I'll never forget what Shanahan helped bring to Denver, but he stayed too long, his methods no longer worked and the team suffered.