PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the South Stands!

MaddMatt
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Everybody,

Been lurking for a couple weeks, thought I would join up and say HI.

I am: Born and raised Colorado native, fan since '77 (when I was 8, you can do the math on your own) south stands ticket holder since '95. Moved from right under the big score board to the 1st level this year - AWESOME!

True confession: I was shocked to see Shanny fired, but got on the McDaniels train pretty quickly. Of course I predicted 6-10 this year, (instead of my usual 19-0) but thought that would be all right with a new coach and team in upheaval mode.

Love seeing a team on the field that plays the whole game, others have already said it - but we're getting better as the game wears on, when others are winding down.

Never liked Cutler, but had just talked myself onto his bandwagon when he left. Good riddance, he and Phyllis Rivers can starts a "nobody understands my genius" club when they retire with no rings.

True confession #2: I like Plummer and think he got a raw deal. He made some stupid plays, but he never quit, played like he was still in college right up until the end, and we were winning with him.

Loving this season - not sure what to do for the next 11 days. I hate the bye week.

True confession #3: I gave up on B-Marsh too soon. He's still got some growing up to do, but man what a talent. If he keeps his off-the field act together (and his on the field stupid kicking the ball penalties to a minimum) I predict he'll retire a Bronco and there will be three more Lombardis in the basement. Bowlen will take care of him. Open message to B-Marsh - listen to Rod Smith - if he had half of your natural talent they would have relaxed the 5 year waiting period to put him in the hall. He was that good - do everything he says.

And last true confession: I was minutes away from giving up my tickets this year. Like a lot of people finances weren't great - but luckily a great group of friends got together, bought every game from me so I could keep the rights, and then sold me back the Patriots game. I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it - I owe those guys some beers.

So that's it. Just wanted to say HI - nice forum you've got going here - I'm getting better Broncos coverage by lurking than I do from reading the papers.
-Matt

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome to Broncos Forums - ENJOY :salute:

My son and dau-in-law sit in Section 129 - is that close to your seats?

MaddMatt
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
133 - so not too far

Slick
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Welcome MaddMatt. Glad to have you here. Watch out for Claymore. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Northman
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Welcome aboard. \m/

Italianmobstr7
10-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Welcome!

GEM
10-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the boards! Congrats for moving on from lurking to posting...just watch out for that Claymore guy, he'll get you in trouble.

:D

gnomeflinger
10-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Matt. Just cut to the chase and show Claymore your boobs. You'll be in like Flint.

sneakers
10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi!

Day1BroncoFan
10-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi and welcome. Don't pay any attention to the claymore remarks, he's really a stand up guy.

gnomeflinger
10-20-2009, 07:01 PM
We like to pick on Claymore. It's all in good fun.

Lonestar
10-20-2009, 10:11 PM
welcome to the fray,, it was ugly over the off season.. but it seems to be pretty great right now being a Bronco fan..

camdisco24
10-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome! Joining this forum was the best move ive made when it comes to keeping up with the Broncos! As you've seen there is some great stuff here!

Go BRONCOS!

frenchfan
10-21-2009, 01:31 AM
True confession #2: I like Plummer and think he got a raw deal. He made some stupid plays, but he never quit, played like he was still in college right up until the end, and we were winning with him.-Matt:welcome: Matt...

True Confession : I like Plummer too... And I think if he had Orton's work ethic, he would have been a very great QB... Jake loved football on sundays only... But he was also the last QB to give us some playoff games.

broncophan
10-21-2009, 03:12 AM
Welcome!!

GO BRONCOS!!

Dirk
10-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Welcome to the boards Matt!

This is by far the best house to talk about the Broncos and a wide variety of other things.

EastCoastBronco
10-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the jungle, Matt. Make sure you check out the "Got Booty" and "Headlights On" threads. We have a resident Michaelangelo here. His name is Traveler. You will see what I mean...

Good to have another seasoned Bronco fan aboard.

claymore
10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi Matt. Just cut to the chase and show Claymore your boobs. You'll be in like Flint.

Hell yeah!

yardog
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome.

MaddMatt
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Guys - hopefully I'll still get some work done. :)

yardog
10-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks Guys - hopefully I'll still get some work done. :)

:tsk: