PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson sending shots at Chicago

Poet
10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco figures to present a sizable problem for the Chicago Bears' defense Sunday, and their first challenge is to find a bulletin board big enough to contain all of his Twitter material.

Ochocinco, who is a prolific tweeter, sent several Bears messages Monday.

"Tell your defense I'm gonna run circles around them," Ochocinco tweeted to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. "I'm mad we lost [Sunday to Houston], peanut [Charles] Tillman is gonna kiss da baby along with the rest."

Ochocinco explained during the HBO reality series "Hard Knocks" that "Kiss da baby" is an expression signifying the inevitability of his touchdown or great play.

Cutler then responded with this tweet: "it's only Monday. Already starting?
Ochocinco: "damit Jay I have to get a jump on yall, on a serious note tell Lovie to put Tillman on me all game with safety help, please!!!!"
Cutler: "Peanut on you with safety over top. You got it. Anything else you would like me to pass on?"
Ochocinco: "well after I embarass the secondary I want your jersey after game , that's all for now"
Cutler: "double coverage all game might be difficult. Don't you think?"

Ochocinco and Bears' defensive end Alex Brown also went back and forth about whether the Bears' defense would be able to stop the Bengals' offense:

Ochocinco to Brown: "get your db's on Twitter before Sunday , you have till tonight to reply or you gonna feel my wrath to!!"!
Brown: "lol my db's are ready and I have all the respect in the world for Carson but it's hard to complete passes from his back ;)"
Ochocinco: "hold up son,we don't give up sacks and I get open in 1.5 seconds,you won't make it past our tackles anyway, shut the front door"
Brown: "well if they don't give up sacks then why do u have to get open in 1.5 sec?"
Ochocinco: "that's how fast I am duh, go get your study film and watch me work on film , I'll sign it for you after you watch it!!!"
Brown: "uh oh they are trembling in their cleats lol we will be ready for you don't u worry it will be a good game for sure"

The veteran wideout also sent a message to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.

"I see you on TV, call the national guard now Adam, please, Peanut Tillman is gonna need all the help he can get!! Hurry," he wrote.

Ochocinco also called out for any other Bears players on Twitter to respond, and after finding a few of their account names, he started the trash talking.

To fullback Jason McKie: "dude don't bother getting dressed Sunday okay!!!!"

To defensive lineman Tommie Harris: "Tommie why are your db's scared of me, it's just a game , tell them to call me out on Wednesday"

To receiver Devin Hester: "Devin , wake up!!!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4577762

That secondary is atriocous. We need CJ to do get his on Sunday. But, more importantly, we need Benson to get his revenge.

Slick
10-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Ocho makes me laugh, but he stole one from Shannon Sharpe. The National Guard belongs to #84.

Poet
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Ocho makes me laugh, but he stole one from Shannon Sharpe. The National Guard belongs to #84.

Didn't he say that to the Packers in the Super Bowl?

BroncoWave
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Didn't he say that to the Packers in the Super Bowl?

No, he said it against the Pats in a regular season game back in the mid 90's.

Poet
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
No, he said it against the Pats in a regular season game back in the mid 90's.

Ah, thank you. I'm not well versed in Broncos lore. :salute:

Overtime
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Chad Johnson needs to spend more time concentrating on football and less time tweeting.

however, I hope he torches Chicago's defense and sets a record for receiving yards.

I'm rooting for the Bengals to beat da Bears

Poet
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Chad Johnson needs to spend more time concentrating on football and less time tweeting.

however, I hope he torches Chicago's defense and sets a record for receiving yards.

Overtime, I agree with you. Chad Johnson is a mystery to me. I've watched him play since his first day as a Bengal. The guy is fast, a great route runner, will take a hit over the middle and is actually improving after regressing with his YAC.

You look at him and go, he's already one of the best WRs in the game (and he is), if he just did nothing but concentrate on football he'd be the best WR in the game (and at one point I think he was).

But that isn't how he works. I'm not a Chad Johnson apologist, in fact I still hold a grudge against him. I used to love Chad Johnson. Then he wanted to be traded, which I can deal with. What I can't deal with is parading it around. It's one thing to address it to the media, which I don't like but could live with. It's another thing to campagin for it.

But every time when the coaches try to stifle him he sucks. It's part of who he is, and it irritates me. I'd say I'd want him to be more like Marvin Harrison, but it'd be nice if he didn't shoot people and showed up in the playoffs.

He is who he is. He was never a true cancer to the team and to be honest I still have a soft spot for him. Especially since he's been a monster this year.

BroncoWave
10-20-2009, 01:12 PM

Why? The Bengals losing would give us a little more cushion for playoff seeding down the road.

Overtime
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
because I hate Butthurtler and the Bears. that's why.

GEM
10-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Why? The Bengals losing would give us a little more cushion for playoff seeding down the road.

Screwed either way. Playoff seeding vs. Bears Loss-higher draft pick.

:lol:

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco figures to present a sizable problem for the Chicago Bears' defense Sunday, and their first challenge is to find a bulletin board big enough to contain all of his Twitter material.

Ochocinco, who is a prolific tweeter, sent several Bears messages Monday.

"Tell your defense I'm gonna run circles around them," Ochocinco tweeted to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. "I'm mad we lost [Sunday to Houston], peanut [Charles] Tillman is gonna kiss da baby along with the rest."

Ochocinco explained during the HBO reality series "Hard Knocks" that "Kiss da baby" is an expression signifying the inevitability of his touchdown or great play.

Cutler then responded with this tweet: "it's only Monday. Already starting?
Ochocinco: "damit Jay I have to get a jump on yall, on a serious note tell Lovie to put Tillman on me all game with safety help, please!!!!"
Cutler: "Peanut on you with safety over top. You got it. Anything else you would like me to pass on?"
Ochocinco: "well after I embarass the secondary I want your jersey after game , that's all for now"
Cutler: "double coverage all game might be difficult. Don't you think?"

Ochocinco and Bears' defensive end Alex Brown also went back and forth about whether the Bears' defense would be able to stop the Bengals' offense:

Ochocinco to Brown: "get your db's on Twitter before Sunday , you have till tonight to reply or you gonna feel my wrath to!!"!
Brown: "lol my db's are ready and I have all the respect in the world for Carson but it's hard to complete passes from his back ;)"
Ochocinco: "hold up son,we don't give up sacks and I get open in 1.5 seconds,you won't make it past our tackles anyway, shut the front door"
Brown: "well if they don't give up sacks then why do u have to get open in 1.5 sec?"
Ochocinco: "that's how fast I am duh, go get your study film and watch me work on film , I'll sign it for you after you watch it!!!"
Brown: "uh oh they are trembling in their cleats lol we will be ready for you don't u worry it will be a good game for sure"

The veteran wideout also sent a message to ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter.

"I see you on TV, call the national guard now Adam, please, Peanut Tillman is gonna need all the help he can get!! Hurry," he wrote.

Ochocinco also called out for any other Bears players on Twitter to respond, and after finding a few of their account names, he started the trash talking.

To fullback Jason McKie: "dude don't bother getting dressed Sunday okay!!!!"

To defensive lineman Tommie Harris: "Tommie why are your db's scared of me, it's just a game , tell them to call me out on Wednesday"

To receiver Devin Hester: "Devin , wake up!!!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4577762

That secondary is atriocous. We need CJ to do get his on Sunday. But, more importantly, we need Benson to get his revenge.

This is going to be a fun one. Tell Ocho to pull up his jock strap. Game on.

Overtime
10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
This is going to be a fun one. Tell Ocho to pull up his jock strap. Game on.

Ocho will be ready...question is will Butthurtler? highly doubtful. more chokin in store for Jay Fraudler.

Day1BroncoFan
10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Personally, I'll take the win that helps my team the most. In this case, it's kind of hard to decide which team winning would do that at this point in the season. :confused:

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Ocho will be ready...question is will Butthurtler? highly doubtful. more chokin in store for Jay Fraudler.

Still outplaying Palmer in every aspect. Just sayin.

Slick
10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Personally, I'll take the win that helps my team the most. In this case, it's kind of hard to decide which team winning would do that at this point in the season. :confused:

I'd lean towards the Bears losing. We're two games up on the Bengals, and we would hold a tie breaker since we beat them head to head, in their stadium no less. They still have to deal with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. As it looks right now, we may have to worry about a late push from the Chargers, but we can control our own destiny in regards to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and the Colts in terms of playoff positioning. We've already beaten the Pats as well.

GEM
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Carson has Cutler in yardage by a bit over a 100 yds. Not so much in EVERY aspect. :shrugs:

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
I'd lean towards the Bears losing. We're two games up on the Bengals, and we would hold a tie breaker since we beat them head to head, in their stadium no less. They still have to deal with Baltimore and Pittsburgh. As it looks right now, we may have to worry about a late push from the Chargers, but we can control our own destiny in regards to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and the Colts in terms of playoff positioning. We've already beaten the Pats as well.

I have a feeling that the Bengals secondary needs to be more fearful of Knox and Hester than the Bears secondary need to fear Chad.

Slick
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I have a feeling that the Bengals secondary needs to be more fearful of Knox and Hester than the Bears secondary need to fear Chad.

I meant that in terms of Day1's post, not necessarily saying the Bengals would win, just that I hope they do. Nothing personal friend.

Poet
10-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Palmer's the better quarterback. His team is about running the ball first, and short passes. His WRs are probably leading the leage in drops, and his tight ends are dropping balls and fumbling. I didn't want Cutler over Palmer when he was a Bronco, and I don't want him over Palmer now.

Go take a look at those late game drives Palmer's had this year, then go take a look at those red zone ****ups that Cutler's getting known for.

Poet
10-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Uhh, we have one of the better secondaries in the NFL. You have an average one. We have one of the best WRs in the NFL...you have....uhh..well..no, neither of those guys could even take Caldwell's spot on Cincinnati.

Ugh.

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Uhh, we have one of the better secondaries in the NFL. You have an average one. We have one of the best WRs in the NFL...you have....uhh..well..no, neither of those guys could even take Caldwell's spot on Cincinnati.

Ugh.
I smell a sig bet my friend.

Poet
10-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I smell a sig bet my friend.

I'll go start the thread.

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I'll go start the thread.

A whole thread for a bet between the two of us?

Poet
10-20-2009, 02:51 PM
A whole thread for a bet between the two of us?
Someone's gotta teach the Bronco fans how to talk shit.

BroncoWave
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Screwed either way. Playoff seeding vs. Bears Loss-higher draft pick.

:lol:

The draft happens next year. The playoffs happen THIS year. Give me the playoff seeding every day of the week.

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Carson has Cutler in yardage by a bit over a 100 yds. Not so much in EVERY aspect. :shrugs:

look @ the yards per game. Carson has played 1 more game than Cutler.

Palmer 229.2 ypg

Cutler 243.5 yards per game.

Palmer also has a sub 60 comp %

Cutler has a comp % of 64

Just sayin.

Overtime
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Palmer 4-2
Cutler 3-2

just saying.

GEM
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
The draft happens next year. The playoffs happen THIS year. Give me the playoff seeding every day of the week.

Alright BTB, I'll give you that one. ;) Playoffs it is...God, that sounds good!! :D

GEM
10-20-2009, 03:35 PM
look @ the yards per game. Carson has played 1 more game than Cutler.

Palmer 229.2 ypg

Cutler 243.5 yards per game.

Palmer also has a sub 60 comp %

Cutler has a comp % of 64

Just sayin.

The hate factor is figuring into my choice. :D
I hate, hate, hate Cutler.

I actually felt bad for Palmer when that Steeler rolled his knee.

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Palmer 4-2
Cutler 3-2

just saying.

After next Sunday

Cutler 4-2

Palmer 4-3

Just sayin.

Poet
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
After next Sunday

Cutler 4-2

Palmer 4-3

Just sayin.

That would require Jay Cutler's team to win....

Oh damn, you're delusional. :elefant::elefant:

ursamajor
10-20-2009, 03:53 PM
That would require Jay Cutler's team to win....

Oh damn, you're delusional. :elefant::elefant:

:marchmellow: they will

Poet
10-24-2009, 12:07 PM
This just in! Ocho Cinco already scored a touchdown on the Bears and the game isn't until tomorrow. :lol::lol:

Poet
10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Ursa, you are a good poster and a lot of fun to talk shit with.

However, after you get run over by your former number one pick, get scored on by a WR who produces more than your entire offense and THEN Forte runs into Maualuga you will see that Chicago has two teams that should be named the 'Cubs'.

I'll be here after the game, regardless of the score my friend. Enjoy the game. :salute:

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Then he wanted to be traded

He just wanted to take that Jersey off, and feel like a winner.

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Ursa, you are a good poster and a lot of fun to talk shit with.

However, after you get run over by your former number one pick, get scored on by a WR who produces more than your entire offense and THEN Forte runs into Maualuga you will see that Chicago has two teams that should be named the 'Cubs'.

I'll be here after the game, regardless of the score my friend. Enjoy the game. :salute:

I feel bad King. For the second time this year, your sig is going to get abused.

Poet
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Note that he never said he wanted to be a Bear.

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Note that he never said he wanted to be a Bear.

Just anyone but a Bengal. Speaking of Bengal WRs not saying they want to be Bears...I remember a long haired one getting real pissy when the Bears passed on him in FA.

Poet
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Just anyone but a Bengal. Speaking of Bengal WRs not saying they want to be Bears...I remember a long haired one getting real pissy when the Bears passed on him in FA.

T.J. should have become a Viking. Trust me, he's having buyers remorse big time. The first few weeks of the season he was talking mad shit about Cincinnati. Then he realized that while the Seahawks had a real shot to take the division he signed with a team that just crumbled to injuries.

But to be honest, the Bears were dumb for not picking him up. I think they were scared that they would sign another Muhsin Mohammad.

broncobryce
10-25-2009, 12:46 PM

Unfortunately for both of us he's never been a winner.

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 12:57 PM
King, I can smell your fear of Johnny Knox coming across the interwebs. And rightfully so. The man is so deadly to DBs and STs that he doesn't even need the football to score tds

http://beargoggleson.com/files/2009/10/johnny-knox-fumble.png

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 12:59 PM
T.J. should have become a Viking. Trust me, he's having buyers remorse big time. The first few weeks of the season he was talking mad shit about Cincinnati. Then he realized that while the Seahawks had a real shot to take the division he signed with a team that just crumbled to injuries.

But to be honest, the Bears were dumb for not picking him up. I think they were scared that they would sign another Muhsin Mohammad.

I dont think they were dumb at all. The Bears WR corps is showing alot of promise.

Poet
10-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I dont think they were dumb at all. The Bears WR corps is showing alot of promise.

I understand that. And yes, you do have to have faith in the guys you have, otherwise why the hell do you have them?

That being said, TJ provides a Hines Ward effect on an offense; he's sure handed, finds the soft spots in zones, can get you a lot of TDs and third down catches. His 'lack of big play ability' is a little overblown too.

I'm just saying, he's a very good player.

Oh, and as far as the Bengals rolling over to the Bears, we can't roll really do that while we walk all over your team. We don't multi-task like that.

ursamajor
10-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I understand that. And yes, you do have to have faith in the guys you have, otherwise why the hell do you have them?

That being said, TJ provides a Hines Ward effect on an offense; he's sure handed, finds the soft spots in zones, can get you a lot of TDs and third down catches. His 'lack of big play ability' is a little overblown too.

I'm just saying, he's a very good player.

Oh, and as far as the Bengals rolling over to the Bears, we can't roll really do that while we walk all over your team. We don't multi-task like that.

How about walk on over to our Team, then roll over.

Poet
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
How about walk on over to our Team, then roll over.

They vetoed that idea.

Shazam!
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
King looks almost prophetical.

Poet
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM
King looks almost prophetical.

Why thank you sir.

I think it's funny that the Broncos came closer to getting a W this week than the Bears did.