PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 07:57 AM
32. St. Louis (0-6) – It’s getting to the point where I don’t know who to put at the bottom

31. Tampa Bay (0-6) – I still think they could beat the Rams

30. Washington (2-4) – It’s almost…correction…it is fun to watch this team self implode.

29. Oakland (2-4) – Did they play well or did Philly just have “one of those games”?

28. Cleveland (1-5) – Looking like a minor league team.

27. Kansas City (1-5) – After knocking on the door, they finally pull one off

26. Detroit (1-5) – Seems like they got the win out of their system and are trying for new records of futility.

25. Buffalo (2-4) – UGLY win against an overrated team

24. Carolina (2-3) – Look out…2 wins in a row

23. Tennessee (0-6) – Too much talent to be this horrible. Something has to change

22. Seattle (2-4) – The Texans of the NFC. Never know what team will show up

21. NY Jets (3-3) – Sanchez looking like a rookie and they cant seem to score

20. Jacksonville (3-3) – Has to be the toughest team in the NFL to bet on

19. Houston (3-3) – Probably the second toughest team to gamble on

18. Miami (2-3) – BYE week

17. San Francisco (3-2) – BYE week

16. Arizona (3-2) – Has Warner EVER played this many consecutive games?.

15. Dallas (3-2) – BYE week

14. Chicago (3-2) – Quickly learning the “joys” of having Cutler as their QB

13. San Diego (2-3) – No way this team or anyone else thought they’d be in this position so soon

12. Green Bay (3-2) – Staying consistent enough to maintain respect

11. Baltimore (3-3) – Offense looked good thanks to poor tackling. Still a mediocre team

10. Cincinnati (4-2) – Not a bad loss. They aren’t the first team to get surprised by the Texans having a good day

9. Atlanta (4-1) – Not the most impressive win, but enough to keep pace with the Saints

8. New England (4-2) – Brady seemed to find his confidence and that could be scary

7. Pittsburgh (4-2) – Still waiting for a game where they actually dominate a team.

6. Philadelphia (3-2) – After Sunday, this team SHOULD have their toughest week of practice…EVER!

5. NY Giants (5-1) – A weak defensive backfield was exposed. Not as tough as they seemed.

4. Denver (6-0) – What is there to say. This team has more heart and desire than any Broncos team I’ve ever seen.

3. Indianapolis (5-0) – BYE week

2. New Orleans (5-0) – Absolutely exposed the Giants. Who’s gonna beat this team?

1. Minnesota (6-0) – The defense can completely forget what tackling is and they still pull one out against a solid team.

Dreadnought
10-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Pretty sound, though I have two major disagreements.

1) The Titans are now such a mess that they belong in the bottom five. It makes no sense, but they've got to be talking to themselves - and failure sometimes breeds more failure. I've gotten the impression these guys don't care anymore.

2) The Eagles. When you lose to the Raiders you are not a top tier football team. I haven't believed in this team since day one and thats only been confirmed.

Course, I didn't believe in the Broncos on day one, so what do I know?

Mike
10-20-2009, 08:48 AM
I have the Saints over the Vikings as the top team and Philly somewhere around 10 for losing to Oakland. I know it was just 1 game, but it was Oakland :tsk:. Just my two cents.

Good job though, Coach.

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Course, I didn't believe in the Broncos on day one, so what do I know?

:tsk:

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 09:22 AM
This isnt college football. One loss...regardless of who it's against...doesnt relegate you to the bottom of the Top 20 and eliminate you from Championship contention. Remember...I was bashed for having Philly high ALL last yeat and they played in the NFC Championship game and a team with 7 losses almost won the Super Bowl.

A loss to the Raiders is weak, but look at the teams directly behind Philly. Tell me they aren't overall a better team...regardless of one bad week.

Tennessee...yeah, they look like hell, but I still think they'd win more games if they played weaker competition.

Poet
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I think...you may have Cincinnati too high.

Please don't make me repeat that. Ever.

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I think...you may have Cincinnati too high.

Please don't make me repeat that. Ever.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA that's hilarious. :D

Poet
10-20-2009, 10:02 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA that's hilarious. :D

NTL, I'm going to go start a "capitalism" sucks thread. Just for you.

On a more serious note, I think I am a little higher on Chicago than Coach is. I would probably put them at ten, Cincy at 11, and just sorta scooch everyone else back.

underrated29
10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I have to agree that after the saints lowered the boom on the giants. i think they take the #1 SPOT. I like the vikes and think they have a strong chance to go to the bowl. But they have squeeked bye where the saints have just run through people.

Otherwise the rest looks good. I dont know if the broncos belong that high, yet. But its close.

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 11:35 AM
NTL, I'm going to go start a "capitalism" sucks thread. Just for you.

On a more serious note, I think I am a little higher on Chicago than Coach is. I would probably put them at ten, Cincy at 11, and just sorta scooch everyone else back.

If it werent for missed FG's and a game against Detroit...Chicago would be 0-5.

CrazyHorse
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Saints should be first. Titans should be lower.

Poet
10-20-2009, 11:46 AM
If it werent for missed FG's and a game against Detroit...Chicago would be 0-5.

I see your point, I just think they've had to face a lot of beasts and their record is what it is.

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I see your point, I just think they've had to face a lot of beasts and their record is what it is.

Interesting...everyone typically think the "beasts" they've played are overrated.

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Saints should be first. Titans should be lower.

Titans are too talented to be lower.

I really like the Saints, but they've beat an Eagles team with a backup QB, an overrated Giants team with a decimated secondary and Detroit, Buffalo and the Jets. Their division is weak with the exception of Atlanta and they really arent a "powerhouse". I'll be interested to see how they play against NE, but with their schedule...there is no excuse for them to not win 14 or 15 games.

Poet
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Interesting...everyone typically think the "beasts" they've played are overrated.

The Packers are an above average team, the Falcons are a really good team and the Steelers are a strong team that I expect to win the division.

I think Chicago is better than they get credit for.

T.K.O.
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
no way is philly #6......no way

CrazyHorse
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Titans are too talented to be lower.

I really like the Saints, but they've beat an Eagles team with a backup QB, an overrated Giants team with a decimated secondary and Detroit, Buffalo and the Jets. Their division is weak with the exception of Atlanta and they really arent a "powerhouse". I'll be interested to see how they play against NE, but with their schedule...there is no excuse for them to not win 14 or 15 games.

Are your ratings based more on how talented a team is or how a team plays?
Titans may very well be talented but they haven't played like it. The same can be said for the Eagles, Chargers, etc.

Some of the Vikings games have been close while the Saints have blown out most of their opponents.

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I also base it on where teams can expect to land. Basically, if the playoffs were to start today...who would be the strongest teams. If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. We still have 11 weeks to figure it all out.

Tell me Philly wont be there at the end...regardless of one bad game.

Dreadnought
10-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I also base it on where teams can expect to land. Basically, if the playoffs were to start today...who would be the strongest teams. If I'm wrong...I'm wrong. We still have 11 weeks to figure it all out.

Tell me Philly wont be there at the end...regardless of one bad game.

Well, thats why this is fun, ain't it? If any of us knew the answers for sure they wouldn't have to play out the games.

And I say Philly ends as an 8-8 team or so - mediocre to a fault :D

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Well, thats why this is fun, ain't it? If any of us knew the answers for sure they wouldn't have to play out the games.

And I say Philly ends as an 8-8 team or so - mediocre to a fault :D

I say 10-6...but who knows. I also think Tennesee finishes with 6 wins before it's all over

Poet
10-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I say 10-6...but who knows. I also think Tennesee finishes with 6 wins before it's all over

I think Baltimore needs to put up a big time winning streak otherwise they are screwed.

I think Pittsburgh wins our division and I have no faith that we will sweep them. I do think we make a good game of it though. I think the Vikings are the best team and that the Saints are just another big offensive team that will get rolled come playoff time.

The Eagles are a 10-6 team, the Giants are a 12-4 team and if they meet the Saints in the playoffs it's bye bye Brees. The Broncos are monsters and while I'm not really sure they could beat the Colts or the Steelers I think that they are probably the third best team in the NFL.

BroncoBJ
10-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Who can stop the Saints?

Obviously the Vikings can because thier your #1 team. :lol:

I really think they will lose the next 2 games before thier bye. I think thier a good team but not great. Solid rankings though besides them. :salute:

CoachChaz
10-21-2009, 07:08 AM
I just think the Minnesota defense hasnt played to their full potential yet and eventually they will wake up. Once they do...they'll stop allowing the Ravens of the world to score 31 points. If they don't...the rankings will eventually change

CrazyHorse
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I say Saints first, and Colts second. Just my opinion. Both teams have great offense and defense. The Colts just haven't played many good teams.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Only changes I would make is N.O at #1 and Philly much lower.

Other than that, looking great!

BroncoBJ
10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I just think the Minnesota defense hasnt played to their full potential yet and eventually they will wake up. Once they do...they'll stop allowing the Ravens of the world to score 31 points. If they don't...the rankings will eventually change

Its not about what thier potential is. Its about what they are doing now. If thats the case you should put the Patriots number 1 because they havn't reached thier full potential yet. :lol:

Same with the Steelers, Chargers, and Cowboys. :elefant:

frenchfan
10-22-2009, 02:09 AM
I just think the Minnesota defense hasnt played to their full potential yet and eventually they will wake up. Once they do...they'll stop allowing the Ravens of the world to score 31 points. If they don't...the rankings will eventually changeThat's why I think Saints should be #1 in my opinion... Though this Vikes D COULD be scary, I'm not sold on it right now... They allow too many plays IMO...
But you have argued your point and I respect it...

It's not easy to determine who should be #1...
Saints? Vikes? Colts? Broncos (after all, we defeated some good football teams).

My top 5 would be :
1. Saints
2. Vikes
3. Colts
4. Broncos (because I like it when we are underrated ;) :D)
5. Giants

I would have picked Steelers over Eagles too... but well...

Good job :salute: :beer:

MNPatsFan
10-22-2009, 11:55 AM
I really like the Saints, but they've beat an Eagles team with a backup QB, an overrated Giants team with a decimated secondary and Detroit, Buffalo and the Jets. Their division is weak with the exception of Atlanta and they really arent a "powerhouse". I'll be interested to see how they play against NE, but with their schedule...there is no excuse for them to not win 14 or 15 games.That argument applies just as equally to the Vikings opponents. The Vikes have beaten the Browns, Lions, an overrated 49ers team, a Green Bay team with a decimated OL at the time, the Rams, and a mediocre Ravens team.:eek:

The Ravens are the best team that the Vikes have beaten and IMHO the Giants are better than the Ravens. Therefore, comparing opponents beaten, the Saints have beaten the higher quality opponents and teams.;)

T.K.O.
10-22-2009, 11:58 AM
uhhhh........the broncos in the superbowl?;):beer:

Poet
10-22-2009, 11:59 AM
That argument applies just as equally to the Vikings opponents. The Vikes have beaten the Browns, Lions, an overrated 49ers team, a Green Bay team with a decimated OL at the time, the Rams, and a mediocre Ravens team.:eek:

The Ravens are the best team that the Vikes have beaten and IMHO the Giants are better than the Ravens. Therefore, comparing opponents beaten, the Saints have beaten the higher quality opponents and teams.;)

We thought Baltimore would be their first test. I guess Pittsburgh is their first real test. I think Pittsburgh comes out on top.

Day1BroncoFan
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
We thought Baltimore would be their first test. I guess Pittsburgh is their first real test. I think Pittsburgh comes out on top.

I'm with you on this one.

MHCBill
10-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Coach - When are you going to see what the Eagles really are?

They are the NFC's version of the Chargers. Vastly overated...

T.K.O.
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM

only if they play the rams,lions and raiders twice !
i think they have a combination of not knowing what they're doing wrong and no desire to fix it.... double trouble

Poet
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM

They said that to him last year. They ended up in the playoffs and made some noise.

slim
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Coach, please move the chargers back in front of the Broncos....are you trying to jinx us?

Nomad
10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Who can stop the Saints?

Obviously the Vikings can because thier your #1 team. :lol:

I really think they will lose the next 2 games before thier bye. I think thier a good team but not great. Solid rankings though besides them. :salute:

Saints have never won in Miami!! Maybe this Sunday will be the first!

Medford Bronco
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Saints have never won in Miami!! Maybe this Sunday will be the first!

It was and I lost my pool because of them:tsk: Stupid Fins what a choke job that was. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

CoachChaz
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM

You rode my ass about the Eagles all last year and they were 2 bad plays away from playing in...and probably winning the Super Bowl

claymore
10-27-2009, 07:06 AM
You rode my ass about the Eagles all last year and they were 2 bad plays away from playing in...and probably winning the Super Bowl

I think your roots are tugging on your decision. :creep:

Dreadnought
10-27-2009, 07:22 AM

Conversely they tied a dismal Bengals team and laid an egg against Washington with their season on the line in Week 16. This year they've played a schedule as soft as thistledown save for New Orleans. What they are is a maddeningly incosistent team. I'd be worried if they are my next opponent, but that doesn't mean they are fundamentally all that solid. I suspect the truth is somewhere between your's and MHC Bill's vision - and they'll end up 9-7 or so.