PDA

View Full Version : I Can Stay Silent No Longer

OrangeHoof
10-20-2009, 03:03 AM
It's still amazing to me but this year's Broncos really do seem legit. Of course, after they've won as many games as I predicted they'd win all season, that seems like "too little, too late". Well, yeah, but I'm a cautious sort.

We've spent the last five years trying to build a defense and Mike Nolan can do it in five months? Impossible, but true. This team can stuff the run, rush the passer and play tight coverage, mostly with guys who had no rep before they came here (Dawkins the exception). Dumerville has taken to playing LB like he was groomed for the job. I still have no clue where they found these d-linemen.

Fixes like this just aren't supposed to happen overnight.

This makes two years in a row where a team was rebuilt with improbable parts and suddenly went from the outhouse to the penthouse. Last year, it was the Atlanta Falcons I was saying "no way" to. This year, it's my Broncos.

McDaniels certainly has this team playing hard. I couldn't watch the first two games of the season but the last four have been very impressive, even though they've played from behind much of the past three weeks.

Lastly, I think they should stay in those ugly throwbacks for the rest of the season. The orange unis were the Orange Crush and Dan Reeves era. The blue ones were the Shanahan era. Now the brown and mustard togs ought to be the McDaniels era. To some, that may be a putdown but that's not how I mean it. This is no cadillac team. This is a blue-collar team that wins without big-time stars. This is a junkyard team of players deemed too small or slow or weak-armed or have been rejected by other teams. The ugly-ass uniforms remind them that they're the team from the wrong side of the tracks. They're the anti-Cowboys. They aren't glitz and glamour. Their uniforms should reflect that which is why the throwbacks are perfect for them.

Timmy!
10-20-2009, 04:11 AM
The throwbacks were nice, but let's be honest, I'm happy to get back into Bronco colors. Yellow and brown? That doesn't say Broncos to me. 1960-61 is a little before my time. Looking forward to seeing the orange home alternates again though, I wish we would wear those for every home game.

That being said, I'm gonna miss the vertical socks, especially the twisted and checkerboard versions. :badass:

Northman
10-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Yea, great post but the throwbacks need to go back in the bin. lol

broncofaninfla
10-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Not sure if it's because we are 6-0 but I like the throw back uni's!!!

TXBRONC
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Yea, great post but the throwbacks need to go back in the bin. lol

Don't dis the power of the vertical stripped socks. :D

Medford Bronco
10-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Not sure if it's because we are 6-0 but I like the throw back uni's!!!

Denver is 4-0 in traditional unis btw
and 1-0 in the orange vs Dallas, the uni that should be our home one IMO