PDA

View Full Version : Just believe.

Shazam!
10-20-2009, 01:49 AM
It's amazing how just a few short months ago he was McDumbass. McDouchebag. McIdiot... and worse. There was a whole thread dedicated to Josh McDaniels nicknames.

Pat Bowlen was out of his mind, literally.

Kyle Orton couldn't throw a football in the water if he was standing on a pier. In fact, he shouldn't even be playing in the NFL, let alone a starting QB.

Mike Nolan wasn't just the defensive coordinator, he was the Coach in waiting to replace McDaniels when he failed miserably.

...and who the **** is Ron Fields?

How fast all that has changed.

McDaniels is a coaching monster as it turns out, and the lock for Coach of the Year if the Broncos keep up a similar pace like this all season.

Motivation. Emotion. Conditioning. Sound tackling. Limiting mistakes. Win at home. Basic football fundamentals. Even a mediocre defense. All we've been asking for the last few seasons has been delivered this year in heaps.

We heard the word 'gel' in years past over and over so much it became sickening.

Orton isn't flashy but he protects the ball. Plummer was unpredictable at times but exciting to watch his first few years. We've all salivated over the rocket-armed, amazingly athletic QB. Now we've got a QB who plays smart first more than anything else, allows the plays to unfold before trying to force his hand. It turns out this is what Denver needed all along.

If we still had the-QB-who-will-go-unnamed, I believe the Broncos wouldn't be undefeated. I know that's only theoretical, but they've been in a pressure cooker for a few games and I could see this unnamed QB forcing passes and throwing turnovers at the worst times. Look at Sunday's game for the team who will go unnamed.

The defense has gone beyond everyone's wildest expectations. The last 3 games alone we could've seen the Broncos blowing it once upon a time.

The rest of the schedule that was so terrible isn't looking so bad right now. With two weeks rest and plenty of time to prepare at Baltimore, that is a winnable game and Baltimore has struggled. Pitt and the NYG are the only teams I can see Denver really struggling with and I think with any kind of defensive showing they can play with untested Indy. 2 vs. KC with 1 at home, 1 vs. Oak and SD at home, Philly and the 'Skins are all very winnable games.

The scary part is this team can get even better, playing in a new system with new staff and personnel.

This team is good. It isn't about opponents adjusting either. The Broncos wouldn't have crept on Dallas, NE, and SD. These are good, solid teams that play physical ball that in the last few years the Broncos would've got creamed up front, especially on defense.

I know the season is not over. There's a lot more football to be played. But if this isn't a playoff team in January after a 6-0 start, it will take an epic collapse, a colossal failure similar to what we saw last year that cost Shanahan his job. Even if they went .500 that's 11-5. With some of the opposition, I don't see it happening. Why you may ask?

You show me a team that can play defense I'll show you a playoff team in January.

While some have been dead wrong of what was said of McDaniels and the Broncos, some have been nearly clairvoyant-like, but I'm not saying all this to feed crow (and crow about how right some of us were). It's time for all Broncos fans alike to celebrate this tremendous start which is nothing short of amazing, and we have at least two weeks to wallow in the glory of 6-0.

There is a lot of football left... but the Denver Broncos could be the perfect cinderella story going into December and January. Nobody, nobody, team execs, fans, and especially the supposed 'experts and analysts', and all those jerkoffs on ESPN gave the Men From Mile High a chance. Josh has a chance of a lifetime here, for the Broncos to be the darlings of the NFL.

This has been quite a wild ride. When the Broncos started out fast before, especially in the Super Bowl years, it was expected. Nobody expected this. Nobody. Even the optimistic fans who knew this team could be good have to be shocked. We may not be a player or part of the Broncos organization, but as fans we are all a part of this and I am honored to be.

We've waited for this turnaround a long time. Regardless of how the season ends, SD (and that insufferable jackass Rivers) are no longer the team to beat in the AFC West.

GO BRONCOS. 6-0 :defense:

OldschoolFreak
10-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Great post.Agreed, lot's of football left and who knows what will happen. But I see reason for continued optimism and MAN has it been fun to watch!

Shazam!
10-20-2009, 02:10 AM
I've also been blessed watching 3 consecutive games on my own TV at home.

The last few years it seemed every one I got to see at my house they lost.

The Broncos are better so CBS will pick them up in some more doubleheaders this season.

Timmy!
10-20-2009, 02:16 AM
The other nice thing that people might forget is that the Sparklers face a schedule that is on par with ours. Unless this Bronco team implodes (doubtful, IMHO), we win the west, and get a home playoff game. That being said, this team is smart enough to take it one game at a time. I thought the Broncos would be a decent team, better than last year, but I sure didn't expect 6-0. Broncomania is spreading like wildfire, and there appears to be no cure for it yet.

Northman
10-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Amen brother.

Reidman
10-20-2009, 06:56 AM
One standout thing I notice with this team that I haven't seen in years........

HEART!!

These guys are having fun, they believe in themselves and their team and they are giving 110% on every play....

That wins championships folks....

Watching Dawkins cheer his team on like a highschool player from the sidelines gave me chills.....yes this team is the real deal!

Dirk
10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
It's just amazing. I can add no more except I am totally excited.

CoachChaz
10-20-2009, 07:20 AM

The Broncos are better so CBS will pick them up in some more doubleheaders this season.

I remember when Denver was dominant in the Super Bowl years and it seemed like they were on in the Dallas market almost every week. Hopefully it gets back to that. I know I'll see the Pittsburgh game...maybe they play the Baltimore game too.

Medford Bronco
10-20-2009, 07:24 AM

HEART!!

These guys are having fun, they believe in themselves and their team and they are giving 110% on every play....

Watching Dawkins cheer his team on like a highschool player from the sidelines gave me chills.....yes this team is the real deal!

Jon Gruden said it best. This team plays to the whistle on all plays
That is a compliment to Mcd. I just hope it continues all season long.

Orton might not have a great arm, but he does not make the DUMB mistake like some QBs in this league. That is huge.

He looks like a 2001 version of Brady. That is good.

Medford Bronco
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM

I would think the Ravens game would get a National TV game as well

Den21vsBal19
10-20-2009, 07:46 AM

HEART!!

That was what I was hoping to see from the get go...................

Too many we've looked dis-spirited, lethargic & clueless when in big games, SD, NE etc.

Win, lose or draw, all I wanted to see the Broncos do this year was play hard for 60 minutes, and be in with a chance of winning games in the 4th.................

To be getting that heart AND the results is just outstanding:rockon:

Traveler
10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Only three words for me:

I'M ALL IN!!

broncofaninfla
10-20-2009, 08:01 AM
The strength and conditioning of this years team has been HUGE for us. We actually get better as the game progresses. At this point I'll be surprised if we lose any games at home this year.

Shazam!
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I love all you guys.

Let's relish this and hpe the Broncos continue their wild ride.

Go :defense:

smith49
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
i have to say this and i think this is the correct place for what i have to say. i have been on a huge high for wbvious reasons this year. people at work have said to me that they have not seen me be so happy.

its strange to me to think that my beloved broncos can have such a huge impact on my attitude, but they do. i love it, i know there is a lot of football to be played, but i love the way it feels to have promise, to have hope of success every single week.

it has been so long since i can honestly say that i felt my team had a chance every time they played. since elway retired, i cant say i have ever felt confident in this team. some years i felt we had an ok team that could compete, but not like i feel now. i mean, this team is showing me things i have not seen for a long time, and i love it.

heres to heart, passion, and playing as a team, for your team. GO BRONCOS!!

broncophan
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
6-0......absolutley amazing.......and we have a young head coach who after every game says his team hasn't proven anything and they still need to improve every week........and the thing is.....that's not just a bunch of bs.....he knows it and believes it......that's what I like.....the passion McD shows is amazing.....and his players show it as well.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Bowlen had to know something....imo.....no way would he risk taking a kid head coach.......not saying he expected things to go this well......but there were a helluva lot of other coaching candidates out there that made alot better sense than McD...

maybe one day soon we will hear Bowlen say.. "THIS ONES FOR JOSH".....lol..

MileHighCrew
10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
On this day of all days it is great that we all can just get along

Reidman
10-20-2009, 02:53 PM
i have to say this and i think this is the correct place for what i have to say. i have been on a huge high for wbvious reasons this year. people at work have said to me that they have not seen me be so happy.

its strange to me to think that my beloved broncos can have such a huge impact on my attitude, but they do. i love it, i know there is a lot of football to be played, but i love the way it feels to have promise, to have hope of success every single week.

it has been so long since i can honestly say that i felt my team had a chance every time they played. since elway retired, i cant say i have ever felt confident in this team. some years i felt we had an ok team that could compete, but not like i feel now. i mean, this team is showing me things i have not seen for a long time, and i love it.

Amen!

I've lived and died with this team since I lived in Denver 20 years ago.

I have not seen team unity and emotion like this since our Superbowl wins. Matter of fact, they may be showing more heart and emotion solely because nobody gave them a chance and half of Bronco nation was divided..

I have made my daughter cry twice because I scared the crap out of her cheering during games...:lol:

This is the dream season us fans have been waiting for, for a long, long time.
Be happy, let everyone know this is your team and relish in it!

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I just heard on "The Fan" that the QB's go in every Tues (their normal day off) to study film with the coaches every week. That has never happened before.

We have a special team that are going that step beyond. No matter where this season ends up I have never been so proud of a team......:salute:

DenBronx
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm deffintely eating my McCrow.

Glad I was wrong.

The Glue Factory
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM

Amen brother! My wife looks at me like I'm a crazed loon. I have not had the fantastic wonderment of watching the Broncos play like this since the late 90's an I'm loving it.

i'm getting a gut feeling saying this year ends after 19 games. Hopefully history (1977) repeats with different results (another Lombardi at Mile High) this time.

Shazam!
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
The other thing I love is the Broncos are the talk of the sports world again, reminds me of the Championship years.

Lonestar
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
All I wanted this year was to not get blown out, no trap games, be competitive in every game, win home games and look like champions in 2010..

looks like they may be a year ahead of my schedule..

camdisco24
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
The other thing I love is the Broncos are the talk of the sports world again, reminds me of the Championship years.

Amen.
Isnt it great to hear people already talking about us most likely going to the playoffs? Considering all the hate we got from the press over the off season, just to hear words playoff and Broncos in the same sentance brings a huge smile to my face.

One thing ill never forget going into this season, I was told "Wow, its an awful time to be a Bronco fan. You must be dreading this season."

... Yup! Its just awful! :D

Its been a while since I've gotten so excited to see the Broncos play each week! I'm loving it! I never got off the Bandwagon (and never will), but now im sitting in the front!

Shazam!
10-21-2009, 12:27 AM
As I said .500 the rest of the way will bring them to 11-5 which will probably be good enough for at least the AFCW and a 1st Rd. home game. And this is just a highly probable scenario. I think they can go 12-4 at this rate and contend for the 1 or 2 seed. It's all contingent on how the D holds up the rest of the way and barring injuries.

Oh man. This is ****ing great.

frenchfan
10-21-2009, 01:05 AM
All I wanted this year was to not get blown out, no trap games, be competitive in every game, win home games and look like champions in 2010..

looks like they may be a year ahead of my schedule..Amen...

Alll I was expecting too was about attitude... Playing with heart, no quiting, giving a good fight...
Guess what... not only McD and our Broncos gave it to me, but they also add the wins...
That's amazing...

I also like the players we brang here... I was thinking Orton was a decent QB for us... I was wrong... The more I see him playing, the more I like him... He has a good arm (yeah, he can throw deep actually).... he is very smart... he is a great leader... He is tough... I love his work ethic and attitude... Damn, since the deal, he came in immediatly and worked very hard... He shows the example (cf. leadership)... That's the kind of guy I'd like to play for...

What to say about our D players? We got a steal with Dawkins... I also like Hill and Goodman... Those guys can tackle !
And what about Fields, Davis, Haggan? They are just back-ups???? :confused:
Seems like our staff knew what they were doing after all...

And the staff... Damn, Nolan is a steal too...

Now, we have a TEAM... And every player are buying into that...
We are well prepared and well coached...

There is a lot of football to play... Nothing is granted... and you can count on coach McD to remind that to our players.

I've always loved to be a Broncos fan... And this year it's even sweeter
:salute:

Go Broncos ! :defense:

Kaylore
10-21-2009, 01:27 AM
That Claymore guy must be on the witness protection program after all the garbage he said about this team before they played a down of football.

Shazam!
10-21-2009, 01:33 AM
That Claymore guy must be on the witness protection program after all the garbage he said about this team before they played a down of football.

Claymore's pre-6-0 stance was nothing compared to some of the others. He is now riding shotgun next to me on the bandwagon, and Timmy is the bouncer in the back, tossing off the worst offenders.