PDA

View Full Version : Holy **** was I wrong.

claymore
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Love Orton, McDaniels, you guys etc.... I couldnt have been more wrong.

My crow is served, and I am one happy mother ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

frauschieze
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
You're on the bandwagon now, Claytard?

There's room for you here. :D

CraigHwk
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Man, I don't even know what to say. I love our team. I love our QB. I LOVE OUR COACH!!!. I LOVE THE BRONCOS!!!

honz
10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
******* claymore... :tsk:

claymore
10-19-2009, 10:52 PM
You're on the bandwagon now, Claytard?

There's room for you here. :D

Can I sit on your lap?

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Can I sit on your lap?

You can sit on mine.

claymore
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Man, I don't even know what to say. I love our team. I love our QB. I LOVE OUR COACH!!!. I LOVE THE BRONCOS!!!

******* claymore... :tsk:

If we were at a bar, Id probably put a grand down on it. I love you SOB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:elefant:

muse
10-19-2009, 10:56 PM
I felt so nervous before the game kicked off and the first half was a nailbiter...but throughout the second half I got more and more confident - absolutely dominant.

We are for real...entering the "tough" stretch with some of the big boys reeling.

Only real downside - the media are quickly running out of excuses for the Broncos' wins. There's nothing SD could do or could have done to win that one.

claymore
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I felt so nervous before the game kicked off and the first half was a nailbiter...but throughout the second half I got more and more confident - absolutely dominant.

We are for real...entering the "tough" stretch with some of the big boys reeling.

Only real downside - the media are quickly running out of excuses for the Broncos' wins. There's nothing SD could do or could have done to win that one.

I kept thinking "we are a 2nd half team now....." Fudge......... I need a pickel!!!!!!!

broncofaninfla
10-19-2009, 10:58 PM

I get a healthy serving of crow as well. We have ourselves a solid football team!!!!

Kapaibro
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM

Best crow thread!

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I get a healthy serving of crow as well. We have ourselves a solid football team!!!!

Best regular season win Ive seen since I was 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Best crow thread!

Love you dude! Wish I could buy some drinks right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Northman
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Still a long season but im glad your starting to give the guy a chance. Again, even if we go on a losing streak you can see that the team has a different feel and sense of purpose now. As they said in this game, the team reflects the emotion of their leader and McDaniels has done a hell of a job despite the offseason issues. :D

Superchop 7
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM
The most incredible, unbelievable, thing I have seen in the NFL.

Conventional wisdom does not apply.

I have waited a long time to see Rivers on his ass.

Just seeing him rattled was pure joy.

Run your mouth now punk !

Sidenote:

Jay loved it.

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Still a long season but im glad your starting to give the guy a chance. Again, even if we go on a losing streak you can see that the team has a different feel and sense of purpose now. As they said in this game, the team reflects the emotion of their leader and McDaniels has done a hell of a job despite the offseason issues. :D

The most incredible, unbelievable, thing I have seen in the NFL.

Conventional wisdom does not apply.

I have waited a long time to see Rivers on his ass.

Just seeing him rattled was pure joy.

Run your mouth now punk !
My mouth is watering with the booze I wanna buy for you guys.

LRtagger
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I thought we were going to have to win the super bowl before you got on board you stubborn motherfudger

Sir Foxx
10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I've been admitting I was wrong for a couple of weeks now, but I thought I would finally log in here and put it on record. What a TEAM I'm seeing perform.

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I thought we were going to have to win the super bowl before you got on board you stubborn motherfudger

I penciled this game for a couple weeks........ NO Fuggin way did I ever think Id be sittin here.

Congrats guys...............

Geezzzzzzzz, I really wis we could have a party or something!

Timmy!
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
So Clay, whatcha think of Norton?

:heh:

Norton.

D1g1tal j1m
10-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Look, this is why you should wait until they start playing the game.

These predictions of doom and gloom were based purely on opinions by "experts" who could care less what happens west of the Mississippi.

Now most if not all those who were so sure that Denver and McD would fall flat on their faces at the alter of one "Franchise" QB are having a hard time swallowing that crow.

p.s. Welcome aboard the Bandwagon, make sure to watch your step when you get on, John Clayton is having a hard time scooping all the poop up that he and the rest of the Negative MSM have been spewing out.

frauschieze
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Can I sit on your lap?

You can sit on mine.

If you haven't crawled up into Zweems' lap, I suppose you can sit in mine for a while.

It's getting a little crowded in here. Someone pass the deodorant!

dogfish
10-19-2009, 11:21 PM

absolutely. . . i was pretty hard on the guy for the offseason moves, but always with the caveat that winning games would justify anything. . . well, he's earned my respect and then some. . . you have to love the intensity we're bringing right now, from the coaching staff right on down to the role players. . .

one of the things i like the most is that mcdaniels clearly buys into the old adage of "act like you've been there before". . . i loved how one of the first things out of his mouth in the post-game sideline interview was that we haven't won anything yet, and we still have a lot of areas that need improv ement ("need," not "areas where we 'can' get better). . . it's obvious that he's the farthest thing from happy to be there-- he's not showing any signs of resting on his laurels after a great start. . . that's the kind of focus you need to win big games in this league. . . one of the most frustrating things about shanahan's teams the past few years was that tendency to come out flat, and i just don't have the feeling that this group is likely to do that. . . we could've easily had a letdown after a huge win against new england, going out to san diego to play MNF against a division rival that's really had our number recently-- we could've gotten cocky after some wins, and let them right back in it, but we showed some killer instinct and did what was necessary to keep our foot on their throats. . . that's what finishers do, and this team has been money in the second half of games all year long. . .

love the attention to detail, too. . . the refusal to settle. . . after several failed third down conversion attempts, you saw mcdaniels go right up and give orton an earful when he came to the sidelines. . . and when we failed to convert some short yardage situations, you could see on his face how pissed he was. . . what a blessing for this franchise to get a hungry young guy in here who isn't willing to settle for mediocrity, to either make or accept excuses!

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:22 PM
If you haven't crawled up into Zweems' lap, I suppose you can sit in mine for a while.

It's getting a little crowded in here. Someone pass the deodorant!

I will do whatever you tell me to!

frauschieze
10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I will do whatever you tell me to!

LMAO! Come 'ere you big lovable crow eater. You need a noogie!

WARHORSE
10-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Man, winning is like a case of beer. Everyone gets happy.

People start sittin on laps n stuff.

Then the "I love you man"s start.

Nothing was more inspirational than seeing Rivers on his nards.

I gotta say though..............if Rivers could run a lick.....he would be unreal.

THIS! IS! BRONCOS COUNTRY!!!!!

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Man, winning is like a case of beer. Everyone gets happy.

People start sittin on laps n stuff.

Then the "I love you man"s start.

I gotta say though..............if Rivers could run a lick.....he would be unreal.

THIS! IS! BRONCOS COUNTRY!!!!!
I dont know, Royal single handedly taking over the game got me fired up to!

frauschieze
10-19-2009, 11:31 PM

Man, I have been waiting for that for THREE YEARS! Nothing makes me happier than a dirty Rivers jersey.

LRtagger
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Clay lets meet up and get matching Broncos tatoos

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Clay lets meet up and get matching Broncos tatoos

Im you're huckleberry. PM me if you are serious!

Lonestar
10-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Dog saw what I saw .. we have a good TEAM everyone is fighting for everyone else and we are 6-0 but that does not mean anything we need to improve in a lot of areas..

I think we will see even better play down the road.. afterall it is just the sixth game in a new scheme for both sides of the LOS..

when these folks get a year of playing next to each other under their belts and some more top 100 players in the draft they will be deeper and pushing each other to even better play as a TEAM..

BroncoBJ
10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Feels so damn great to be 6-0 man. :elefant: I had us going 10-6 and I thought we'd be a much better team overall then last year.. and I thought we'd start off 5-1 or 4-2. And I also thought I was being fairly optimistic. :lol:

Feels so damn great though. :rockon:

Finally we beat them in thier house. It seems like forever since we last did it. :fight:

D1g1tal j1m
10-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Orton is a cold blooded QB in the second half of games.

claymore
10-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Dog saw what I saw .. we have a good TEAM everyone is fighting for everyone else and we are 6-0 but that does not mean anything we need to improve in a lot of areas..

I think we will see even better play down the road.. afterall it is just the sixth game in a new scheme for both sides of the LOS..

when these folks get a year of playing next to each other under their belts and some more top 100 players in the draft they will be deeper and pushing each other to even better play as a TEAM..

I wanna see you eat crow, I cant die until I do. Whether its about boner medicine, or whatever... I will win an argumenT!

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Clay. . .welcome aboard. Glad to have you back.

Reidman
10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I kept thinking "we are a 2nd half team now....." Fudge......... I need a pickel!!!!!!!

You are soo right. I don't even regard the first half of these games anymore...

Down 3..7, 10..makes no difference. We're pitching shutouts in the 2nd half and ramming it down their throats.....this is dream season come true!!

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Hey Clay.....:welcome:

(I tried to tell you.....:D, this old bear has been around a long time and has gone to many camps this one was different in so many ways.)

I had no idea they would be this strong so early I thought we would be looking at something like this a year or 2 from now. I had them a 6-10, not because I didn't believe in the team but because it was all so new.

Could listen to the game off and on through TX and NM, dang sorry I missed Rivers on his butt. Just got in and I'm getting some sleep.....

CraigHwk
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Jim Rome is giving us some serious love right now on his show.

:beer:

Dirk
10-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Jim Rome is giving us some serious love right now on his show.

:beer:

Is he eating some much deserved crow? :lol:

shank
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
who the shit says holy ****?

smith49
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
i gotta say, i had us at 4-12. not because i didnt like the changes, but because of a tough schedule, and everything being new from players to coaches to schemes.

i have not been more excited about out broncos since our super bowl run years. this team has sooo much passion. sooo much desire to win. i have not seen that since elway left, not like this anyway.

my brother-in-law is a huge steeler fan. he told me the other day that it was all going to come to crashing hault. i just let him talk, said very little. then, last night i talked to him and he told me that he predicted a two game skid, and in a bad way. again, i let him talk and said very little. i love letting him burry himself. i soo cant wait until the steelers are in denver. im only going to sit quietly and when the game is over i plan to call him and ask him one simple question, DO YOU BELIEVE NOW BITCH?

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Maybe this year for Thanksgiving Bronco fans can put a crow head on top of the turkey, just for special effects......;)

broncofaninfla
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Here is a link of Prisco eating crow about the Broncos

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12394050

Gimpygod
10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I was eating crow last week but it's good to see one of my curmudgeon buddies stepping up to the table! Here is my crow article I wrote for vicandgary.com after the Dallas game.

Eating the Crow...Om-nom-nom!

By Lance A. Carr

So I get a call from the Hickory Farms lady by the name of Myrtle who says I will not be receiving my special holiday smoked crow and would I like a Summer Sausage log as a substitute? Why? Turns out there was an unusually large order put in by residents of the state of Colorado, Bronco fans in particular, for crow this week; so many that most orders will go unfulfilled. Myrtle also informed me, confidentially, many of those receiving crow will, in fact, be receiving magpies or ravens because there simply are not enough crows to go around. (The company is hoping most people will be satisfied with any type of blackbird substitute)

Let's start with why I have to chomp down on some Corvus Brachyrhynchos (the American crow). First, and I'm ashamed to admit this, I predicted we would win less than four games this season. Surprising because I was the type of Bronco fan who went into every season believing we would go 16 and 0; even the season Brian Griese's dog kicked him down the stairs for buying the wrong type of Kibble. Perhaps one of my worst transgressions was the various derivations and riffs on the good name of Josh McDaniels I invented and used profusely including: McDipstick, McDorkenstein, McDouchehammer and the list goes on. Things got so bad we began using his actual name as a substitute curse word around my house. "Hey, did you see on the news where that guy slapped the toddler in Wal-Mart? What a McDaniels!" Yes, it was ugly.

In my defense how could I have been so wrong? So many of the moves Josh made appeared to be horrible and almost purposefully intended to destroy the Broncos. Along those lines I had developed a theory that Belichick, an emotionless cyborg from the year 2017, sent Josh McDaniels back in time to destroy the Broncos before they could begin dominating the Patriots and win eight consecutive Super Bowls under Coach Mike Shanahan with Jay Cutler as quarterback starting in the year 2009. When this first time rookie head coach alienated and then traded Jay Cutler I thought there hadn't been a worse quarterback related decision made since Michael Vick decided to open "Pimp Your Poodle: The Dog Grooming Emporium."

That was only the tip of the iceberg on apparent bad moves such as when McDaniels switched to the 3-4 defense when we didn't have the talent. Or when he changed one of the best offenses in the game to his own scheme and filled the roster with ex-Patriot players for guys I really respected like Mike Leach. Or when he got Kyle Orton, a fella so bland he makes milquetoast seem like Cajun food in comparison. Or when he provoked and tormented Brandon Marshall who is arguably the best receiver in football and then benched him. I mean, if all these things were the right move I don't understand the world. Up is down, left is right, Paris Hilton will not be patient zero in the next big venereal disease outbreak... nothing makes sense anymore!

All of that doesn't matter now because the Broncos are a very, very solid team with more heart and determination and grit than Vic Lombardi trying to reach the top floor button in the elevator. I'm just going to have to bear down and get this apology done. To help me take my mind off the pain of publicly apologizing I have asked my kid sister to administer upon my person a double purple-nurple as a distraction and so here goes nothing. I'M SORRY, JOSH MCDANIELS, YOU ARE CORRECT IN EVERYTHING YOU DID AND YOU HAVE MADE THIS TEAM BETTER WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND COACHING SKILL!!! Well, that wasn't so bad except for the bleeding. Question for the readers of this column with medical knowledge; is it possible to apply a tourniquet to one's nipple

Slick
10-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Clay is the only one who could pull off 44 high 5's after being an insufferable hump for a few months. You go girl.

:salute:

dogfish
10-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Clay.....:welcome:

(I tried to tell you.....:D, this old bear has been around a long time and has gone to many camps this one was different in so many ways.)

I had no idea they would be this strong so early I thought we would be looking at something like this a year or 2 from now. I had them a 6-10, not because I didn't believe in the team but because it was all so new.

Could listen to the game off and on through TX and NM, dang sorry I missed Rivers on his butt. Just got in and I'm getting some sleep.....

oh noes! missing games just sucks, especially when we're playing the way we are right now. . .

lady, don't you have a DVR? :eek:

honz
10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
We will be on NFL Replay at 7:30 on Wednesday night...NFL Network.

pnbronco
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
oh noes! missing games just sucks, especially when we're playing the way we are right now. . .

lady, don't you have a DVR? :eek:

Actually my husband recorded it for me....:elefant: So I'll get to see it after all. Also no I don't have DVR, I am the stone knives person of our home. I could go into a long list of all the things I don't have but we don't have that long....:D

dogfish
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually my husband recorded it for me....:elefant: So I'll get to see it after all. Also no I don't have DVR, I am the stone knives person of our home. I could go into a long list of all the things I don't have but we don't have that long....:D

as long as you've got it recorded. . . .

that was a close one!

Day1BroncoFan
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
We will be on NFL Replay at 7:30 on Wednesday night...NFL Network.

I was hoping for this. I was at the game but I want to see all the stuff I missed.

Thanks honz.