PDA

View Full Version : awesome!! Jake Plummer sighting!!!

JakeGirl
12-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey all- Tune into the HOLIDAY BOWL tonight on ESPN. Jake Plummer - yes, the one and only- was spotted! He introduces the Sundevil's lineup. He looks so cool! He's sporting a full beard- a totally scruffy full beard- plus a Santa hat. He's cheering on the Sundevil's.

PS: The announcers mentioned Jake's 39-15 record as a Bronco's starter- and laughingly mention how the Bronco's would settle for that again! I'll say!

Missing you Jake!!! Glad to see you had the last laugh & you're still sporting a full beard!!!

LONG LIKE THE SNAKE!!

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey all- Tune into the HOLIDAY BOWL tonight on ESPN. Jake Plummer - yes, the one and only- was spotted! He introduces the Sundevil's lineup. He looks so cool! He's sporting a full beard- a totally scruffy full beard- plus a Santa hat. He's cheering on the Sundevil's.

PS: The announcers mentioned Jake's 39-15 record as a Bronco's starter- and laughingly mention how the Bronco's would settle for that again! I'll say!

Missing you Jake!!! Glad to see you had the last laugh & you're still sporting a full beard!!!

LONG LIKE THE SNAKE!!

Spoken like a true fan :salute: :rolleyes:

claymore
12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Spoken like a true fan :salute: :rolleyes:No kidding.

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Spoken like a true fan...
Jake is a has-been and I am glad he is gone no matter what our current record is...
Cutler is our future, he just needs a good supporting staff to make it happen.
GO CUTLER!!!!

sneakers
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Darn it....I was in the shower and missed it. I would have loved to have seen jake.

Rex
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Jake is a has-been and I am glad he is gone no matter what our current record is...
GO CUTLER!!!!

http://thebronconation.com

JakeGirl
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
GO CUTLER!!!!

Ah, yeah. True Broncos Fans support past QB's, present ones and future ones!!! Guess you didn't enjoy those 35 wins, eh??

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Scumdevils SUCK especially Jake THE FAKE Plummer.

Give Cutler the Offense FAKE had two years ago and the Broncos are sporting 3 Superbowl Rings not a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

Good Bye, Good Riddance, STAY OFF MY TV!

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Ah, yeah. True Broncos Fans support past QB's, present ones and future ones!!! Guess you didn't enjoy those 35 wins, eh??

Yeah he was awesome, 12 years in the NFL and couldn't read a D any better than his first snap, forgot he was right handed, couldn't remember the color of his receivers jerseys. How I long for the days when my beloved Broncos had a fugging scumdevil at QB.

YACK!

frauschieze
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM

You support Griese?

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I especially like the way he retired and thus blew the trade with TB once again SCREWING the Broncos .... yeah it's a love fest for ol' Jake the Fake.

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 09:04 PM

True Bronco fans support the Broncos!!!

They aren't "glad" the Broncos as a team are awful this year, Chalk it up anyway you want, Title it any way you want, but we all know this is just another Jake VS jay thread :rolleyes:

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Ever think that's why the BroncosFreak is closing, the way you attack members continuously and then pretend like you don't know what I am talking about???:coffee:

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Every think that's why the BroncosFreak is closing, the way you attack members continuously and then pretend like you don't know what I am talking about???:coffee:

No. I know what you are talking about. I am sure that is why the Freak is closing. I mean, I was there 5 years, I cant believe it lasted that long.

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer for fear I may make enemies out of Broncos fans..... nothing I would hate more than that. It's all IMHO

I have expressed my feelings well enough I think... and they never changed from the day he was brought into the Broncos Org.

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer for fear I may make enemies out of Broncos fans..... nothing I would hate more than that. It's all IMHO

I have expressed my feelings well enough I think... and they never changed from the day he was brought into the Broncos Org.

Because he played for Arizona State?

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Ever think that's why the BroncosFreak is closing, the way you attack members continuously and then pretend like you don't know what I am talking about???:coffee:

What did I miss? :confused:

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Because he was an over rated, under achieving, brain dead fool with all the talent and none of the commitment and I saw it all while he was here playing for the retched Cardinals.

And way to bait me back into the thread cswil

.... and yes, because he played for Arizona State.

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Because he was an over rated, under achieving, brain dead fool with all the talent and none of the commitment and I saw it all while he was here playing for the retched Cardinals.

hook, line, and sinker!:elefant:

JakeGirl
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
True Bronco fans support the Broncos!!!

They aren't "glad" the Broncos as a team are awful this year, Chalk it up anyway you want, Title it any way you want, but we all know this is just another Jake VS jay thread :rolleyes:

Hey, really- did I say that? Nooooo. I said Jake had the last laugh- meaning, after the way he was treated so crappy by the coach and the fans like yourselves, he got to end his career on his terms. He's a happy guy now doing his own thing. That's so cool. I wish him all the best. Jake still has many fans that wish him well and enjoyed the seasons he was with us.

I thought all your Jake vs Jay Nazi's were on the official board, not this one. I can post a thread about Jake if I want to and post my own opinion about his record etc. That's what fans do - we all have our own thoughts about the team , players, etc. I've been a Broncos fan for 30 + years. YOU need to get over it.

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
What did I miss? :confused:

It's a long story! :elefant:

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Not worth repeating.

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey, really- did I say that? Nooooo. I said Jake had the last laugh- meaning, after the way he was treated so crappy by the coach and the fans like yourselves, he got to end his career on his terms. He's a happy guy now doing his own thing. That's so cool. I wish him all the best. Jake still has many fans that wish him well and enjoyed the seasons he was with us.

I thought all your Jake vs Jay Nazi's were on the official board, not this one. I can post a thread about Jake if I want to and post my own opinion about his record etc. That's what fans do - we all have our own thoughts about the team , players, etc. I've been a Broncos fan for 30 + years. YOU need to get over it.

I need to get over it? LOL

You started this thread. You took it upon yourself to get your digs in on the Broncos that your "glad" Jake got the last laugh.

I don't care if you post your lovefest for Plummer in a thousand threads a week. I don't even care if you hate the Broncos for benching Plummer. You can do as you please.

But your not fooling anyone trying to get your "I told you so digs in". All the while posing as a Broncos fan. :rolleyes:

arapaho2
12-27-2007, 09:23 PM

so let me get this straight...you have the right to your opinion...but nobody that holds a differant opinion does and just needs to get over it

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 09:24 PM

I figure there is some history there,,, No need in repeating. I just went to the link and didn't see any form of attack at you or anyone else there?

No biggy :salute:

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I figure there is some history there,,, No need in repeating. I just went to the link and didn't see any form of attack at you or anyone else there?

No biggy :salute:

You went to the wrong place...broncosfreak is the location.
thebronconation is rarely visited.

frauschieze
12-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Dear BG7,

You are my friend. Let it go.

Love,
Cheese

Tned
12-27-2007, 09:33 PM

LOL, thought you were done with this thread :laugh:

Over 70% winning percentage, three years in the playoffs, and as crappy a line as we have now. He might not have been Elway, Marino or Manning, but give the guy some props.

slim
12-27-2007, 09:34 PM
ASU is taking one on the chin tonight :(

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:36 PM
LOL, thought you were done with this thread :laugh:

Over 70% winning percentage, three years in the playoffs, and as crappy a line as we have now. He might not have been Elway, Marino or Manning, but give the guy some props.

That is strictly prohibited in some circles.

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Dear BG7,

You are my friend. Let it go.

Love,
Cheese

Dear Cheese,

You are also my friend and I wish they would also let it go.
I will try for you!

Love,
Gracie

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 09:38 PM

LOL,

well I didn't search through any post's at either place. The only thing I seen in his response to you was the link to thebronconation. So I assumed after going to the link that caused your response I would see something there but did not.

As I said, Its not a big deal. I do hope that we can leave some of the history in the past. Nothing like personal vendettas to ruin current threads no matter the subject.

:beer:

Tned
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Nothing like a Jake Plummer thread to get old bad blood resurfacing. :lol:

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
http://by138w.bay138.mail.live.com/mail/SafeRedirect.aspx?hm__tg=http://64.4.49.121/att/GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3dc6a9bc9c-8c99-4e88-b602-1a071eeaaba6.jpg%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26nam e%3dcGhvdG8uanBn%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3d False%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a3C8D1780-C6D5-498D-87EB-D9F33CD50201&oneredir=1&ip=10.1.106.113&d=d2706&mf=0

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL,

well I didn't search through any post's at either place. The only thing I seen in his response to you was the link to thebronconation. So I assumed after going to the link that caused your response I would see something there but did not.

As I said, Its not a big deal. I do hope that we can leave some of the history in the past. Nothing like personal vendettas to ruin current threads no matter the subject.

:beer:AMEN:beer:

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 09:45 PM

I just spit urine all over my computer screen....

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Good for you!! You support who you want and keep at it. I liked Jake too. But, I realized with Cutler getting drafted his days were numbered. Jakes the kind if guy you could sit down, have a beer with, and feel like you're sitting with just a regular dude. I liked Jake too!!!

Escobar
12-27-2007, 09:55 PM

LONG LIKE THE SNAKE!!
Best post/thread in the history of these young forums so far. :salute:

broncosfanscott
12-27-2007, 10:03 PM

LONG LIKE THE SNAKE!!

Darn it, I missed it. I would liked to have seen it. I like Jake Plummer when he was a Bronco and still do and wish him the best. Too bad his team isn't doing too well.

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I just spit urine all over my computer screen....

SPIT urine? :shocked:

No, no, please don't explain . . . :couch:

-----

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 10:16 PM

This is not the first Plummer thread to be posted on these boards and it wont be the last.

Some really liked Plummer and they actualy care what he is doing now. He is from Idaho, I have seen his home town. I always rooted for him even when he was playing for the Cards for that reason. I supported the benching of him because I am a broncos fan first and foremost and I felt Jay was the future,,,

Anyways,, it doesn't matter. I respect the fact some here still really care about Plummer, The only reason I responded in this thread at all was because there was a shot at the Broncos.

How many threads have we seen here started out bashing plummer? However, there is some here that wont let it drop, After reading the OP it is easy enough to see which side that is.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:19 PM
This is not the first Plummer thread to be posted on these boards and it wont be the last.

Some really liked Plummer and they actualy care what he is doing now. He is from Idaho, I have seen his home town. I always rooted for him even when he was playing for the Cards for that reason. I supported the benching of him because I am a broncos fan first and foremost and I felt Jay was the future,,,

Anyways,, it doesn't matter. I respect the fact some here still really care about Plummer, The only reason I responded in this thread at all was because there was a shot at the Broncos.

How many threads have we seen here started out bashing plummer? However, there is some here that wont let it drop, After reading the OP it is easy enough to see which side that is.

I understand and wasn't pointing out anyone's post or comment, just making a general one. It is amazing to me how much Jake still divides the Broncos fans.

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM

You ain't seen nothing until you saw ol' Cane and I go at each other about it.

Guess those days are in the past . . . *sigh* :tsk:

-----

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
I understand and wasn't pointing out anyone's post or comment, just making a general one. It is amazing to me how much Jake still divides the Broncos fans.

Jefe, I am biting my tongue. I don't think you have the bandwidth to handle us if we opened up the Plummer Debate.

Like the Arabs and the Jews.....I don't even know what we are fighting over anymore. Except I am right.

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Jefe, I am biting my tongue. I don't think you have the bandwidth to handle us if we opened up the Plummer Debate.

Like the Arabs and the Jews.....I don't even know what we are fighting over anymore. Except I am right.

Uh-oh . . . :bolt:

-----

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:24 PM
You ain't seen nothing until you saw ol' Cane and I go at each other about it.

Guess those days are in the past . . . *sigh* :tsk:

-----

Really...we can renew it if you like? I mean heck, if you would rather have an unshaven, bad mouthed, disorderly, pathetic, simple minded punk like Plummer over Cutler, then we can go rounds...hahaha!

;)

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Really...we can renew it if you like? I mean heck, if you would rather have an unshaven, bad mouthed, disorderly, pathetic, simple minded punk like Plummer over Cutler, then we can go rounds...hahaha!

;)

How the hell do you expect me to get outraged at you when you throw all those compliments out?

Reminds me of me . . . *sigh*

-----

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:31 PM
How the hell do you expect me to get outraged at you when you throw all those compliments out?

Reminds me of me . . . *sigh*

-----

I try to compliment Plummer, I think he is economy-smart for driving the vehicle he does!...I complimented him, sorry I could think of nothing else, oh yeah...he is great at hurting his girlfriends, and attacking columnists and at telling fans off!!! I see why some JakesGirl is so in love with the fellow, I guess he is just lucky to no be in prison, because I think his scruffy beard there, he would be JakesJake, or Tossedbeard...LMAO...

:eek:............................................. .......................................;)...

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:35 PM

I know, I was right too, in that debate.

Mania changed their rules, implemented the IP system, went to one strike and your out on bans, and stuff, almost exclusively because of how out of control people got in the Jake wars.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I try to compliment Plummer, I think he is economy-smart for driving the vehicle he does!...I complimented him, sorry I could think of nothing else, oh yeah...he is great at hurting his girlfriends, and attacking columnists and at telling fans off!!! I see why some JakesGirl is so in love with the fellow, I guess he is just lucky to no be in prison, because I think his scruffy beard there, he would be JakesJake, or Tossedbeard...LMAO...

:eek:............................................. .......................................;)...

No sweat, I'll give you some help. As the '06 season started, here were some of the categories Plummer was leading or getting close to leading.

MOST WINS, ONE SEASON
14 1998
13 2005
13 1996
13 1984

MOST TOTAL PLAYS
(COMBINED PASS PLAYS, RUSH ATT., REC.)
Career
8,543 John Elway, 1983-98
1,961 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
1,887 Craig Morton, 1977-82
1,866 Floyd Little, 1967-75
1,824 Terrell Davis, 1995-2002
1,693 Sammy Winder, 1982-90
1,475 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
1,305 Frank Tripucka, 1960-63

WINNING PERCENTAGE AS STARTING QUARTERBACK
32-11 (.744) Jake Plummer, 2003-05
148-82-1 (.643) John Elway, 1983-98
40-24 (.625) Craig Morton, 1977-82
27-24 (.529) Brian Griese, 1998-2002

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
51,475 John Elway, 1983-98
11,895 Craig Morton, 1977-82
11,763 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
9,637 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST ATTEMPTS
Career
7,250 John Elway, 1983-98
1,678 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
1,594 Craig Morton, 1977-82
1,279 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
1,277 Frank Tripucka, 1960-63

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)
.626 Hugh Millen, 1994-95 (107-171)
.622 Brian Griese, 1998-2002 (1,044-1,678)
.601 Jake Plummer, 2003-05 (769-1,279)
.600 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01 (168-280)
.600 Bubby Brister, 1997-99 (96-160)
.581 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91 (173-298)
.575 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83 (314-546)
.570 Norris Weese, 1976-79 (143-251)
.569 Craig Morton, 1977-82 (907-1,594)
.569 John Elway, 1983-98 (4,123-7,250)

INT AVOIDANCE
Career (min. 100 passes)
.018 Hugh Millen, 1994-95 (3-171)
.027 Jake Plummer, 2003-05 (34-1,279)
.029 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01 (8-280)
.031 John Elway, 1983-98 (226-7,250)
.032 Brian Griese, 1998-2002 (53-1,678)

HIGHEST AVERAGE GAIN PER ATTEMPT
Career (min. 100 attempts)
7.53 Jake Plummer, 2003-05 (1,279-9,637)
7.52 Norris Weese, 1976-79 (251-1,887)
7.46 Craig Morton, 1977-82 (1,594-11,895)
7.46 Charley Johnson, 1972-75 (970-7,238)
7.44 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01 (280-2,084)
7.30 Steve Beuerlein, 2002-03 (180-1,314)
7.12 George Shaw, 1962 (110-783)
7.10 John Elway, 1983-98 (7,250-51,475)
7.09 Marlin Briscoe, 1968 (224-1,589)
7.01 Brian Griese, 1998-2002 (1,678-11,763)

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Career (min. 500 passes)
88.1 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
84.1 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
79.9 John Elway, 1983-98
79.1 Craig Morton, 1977-82
74.3 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Season (min. 200 passes)
102.9 Brian Griese, 2000
93.0 John Elway, 1998
92.8 John Elway, 1993
91.2 Jake Plummer, 2003
90.5 Craig Morton, 1981
90.2 Jake Plummer, 2005

MOST CONSECUTIVE PASSES WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION
229 Plummer, 2005 (2nd through 11th)
190 Elway, 1997 (8th through 14th)
136 Elway, 1990-91 (15th game in 1990 through
4th game in 1991)

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
71 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
226 John Elway, 1983-98
85 Frank Tripucka, 1960-63
65 Craig Morton, 1977-82
58 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
53 Brian Griese, 1998-2002
52 Charley Johnson, 1972-75
45 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
37 Mickey Slaughter, 1963-66
34 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

HIGHEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)

Season (min. 50 passes)
.667 Brian Griese, 2002 (291-436)
.643 Brian Griese, 2000 (216-336)
.632 Norris Weese, 1978 (55-87)
.632 John Elway, 1993 (348-551)
.626 Jake Plummer, 2003 (189-302)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
7,676 Frank Tripucka, 1960-63
7,238 Charley Johnson, 1972-75
6,437 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
5,153 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
3,819 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
3,607 Mickey Slaughter, 1963-66

MOST PASSING YARDS
Season
4,089 Jake Plummer, 2004
4,030 John Elway, 1993
3,970 John Elway, 1995
3,891 John Elway, 1985
3,635 John Elway, 1997
3,526 John Elway, 1990
3,490 John Elway, 1994
3,485 John Elway, 1986
3,366 Jake Plummer, 2005
3,328 John Elway, 1996

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
51 Frank Tripucka, 1960-63
38 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
35 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
22 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
22 Mickey Slaughter, 1963-66

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Season
27 Jake Plummer, 2004
27 John Elway, 1997
26 John Elway, 1996
26 John Elway, 1995
25 John Elway, 1993
24 Frank Tripucka, 1960
23 Brian Griese, 2001
22 John Elway, 1998
22 John Elway, 1985
21 Craig Morton, 1981

Playoff Data:

PASSING
MOST COMPLETIONS
32 at L.A. Raiders, 1/9/94
26 vs. N.Y. Giants, 1/25/87
25 vs. Jacksonville, 1/4/97
24 at Indianapolis, 1/9/05
24 at Seattle, 12/24/83
23 at Indianapolis, 1/4/04
22 at Buffalo, 1/12/92
22 at Cleveland, 1/11/87

HIGHEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE (MIN. 10 ATTEMPTS)
.767 at Indianapolis, 1/4/04 (23/30)
.706 at Indianapolis, 1/9/05 (24/34)
.706 at Seattle, 12/24/83 (24/34)
.667 vs. Jacksonville, 12/27/97 (16/24)
.667 at Buffalo, 1/12/92 (22/33)
.658 vs. Jacksonville, 1/4/97 (25/38)
.634 vs. New York Giants, 1/25/87 (26/41)
.621 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99 (18/29)
.609 vs. Miami, 1/9/99 (14/23)

MOST YARDS PASSING (NET YARDS)
377 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
336 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
331 at L.A. Raiders, 1/9/94
320 vs. N.Y. Giants, 1/25/87
267 vs. Houston, 1/4/92
260 at Indianapolis, 1/9/05
256 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88
255 vs. Houston, 1/10/88
253 vs. New England, 1/4/87
235 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
3 at L.A. Raiders, 1/9/94
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88
2 7 times (last: at Indianapolis, 1/9/05)

MOST INTERCEPTIONS THROWN
4 vs. Dallas, 1/15/78
3 vs. Washington, 1/31/88
2 vs. Pittsburgh, 1/22/06
2 at Indianapolis, 1/4/04
2 vs. San Francisco, 1/28/90
2 vs. New England, 1/4/87
2 vs. Pittsburgh, 12/30/84
2 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST FIRST DOWNS PASSING
18 at L.A. Raiders, 1/9/94
16 vs. N.Y. Giants, 1/25/87
15 at Pittsburgh, 1/11/98
14 at Indianapolis, 1/9/05

MOST PASS ATTEMPTS
Career
651 John Elway, 1983-98
120 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
90 Craig Morton, 1977-82
28 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
26 Norris Weese, 1976-79
19 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
19 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
10 Jarious Jackson, 2000-03
7 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93
2 Steve Sewell, 1985-92

Career (min. 15 attempts)
.842 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91 (16-19)
.737 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83 (14-19)
.667 Jake Plummer, 2003-05 (80-120)
.545 John Elway, 1983-98 (355-651)
.467 Craig Morton, 1977-82 (42-90)
.464 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01 (13-28)
.462 Norris Weese, 1976-79 (12-26)

Game (min. 10 attempts)
.917 Kubiak, at Buffalo, 1/12/92 (11-12)
.767 Plummer, at Indianapolis, 1/4/04 (23-30)
.737 DeBerg, at Seattle, 12/24/83 (14-19)
.706 Plummer, at Indianapolis, 1/9/05 (24-34)
.667 Elway, vs. Jacksonville, 12/27/97 (16-24)
.667 Elway, at Seattle, 12/24/83 (10-15)
.658 Elway, vs. Jacksonville, 1/4/97 (25-38)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
4,964 John Elway, 1983-98
885 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
605 Craig Morton, 1977-82
212 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
140 Norris Weese, 1976-79
131 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
124 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
54 Jarious Jackson, 2000-03
52 Gerald Willhite, 1982-88
34 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93

MOST PASSING YARDS
Game
385 Elway, vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
336 Elway, vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
304 Elway, vs. N.Y. Giants, 1/25/87
302 Elway, at L.A. Raiders, 1/9/94
284 Plummer, at Indianapolis, 1/9/05

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:44 PM

You already complimented the hell out of him . . . how was that?--Raggedy
beard, bad breath, bad manners . . . whatever it was.

Such a pleasant surprise . . . I never figured you as the complimenting type, Cane. *sigh* :dance:

-----

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:49 PM
No sweat, I'll give you some help. As the '06 season started, here were some of the categories Plummer was leading or getting close to leading.

MOST WINS, ONE SEASON
14 1998
13 2005
13 1996
13 1984

MOST TOTAL PLAYS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST ATTEMPTS
Career

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)

INT AVOIDANCE
Career (min. 100 passes)

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Career (min. 500 passes)
79.9 John Elway, 1983-98

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Season (min. 200 passes)
102.9 Brian Griese, 2000
93.0 John Elway, 1998
92.8 John Elway, 1993
91.2 Jake Plummer, 2003
90.5 Craig Morton, 1981
90.2 Jake Plummer, 2005

4th game in 1991)

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
226 John Elway, 1983-98
65 Craig Morton, 1977-82
58 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
45 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
34 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

Career (min. 100 passes)

Season (min. 50 passes)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Season
4,089 Jake Plummer, 2004
4,030 John Elway, 1993
3,970 John Elway, 1995
3,891 John Elway, 1985
3,635 John Elway, 1997
3,526 John Elway, 1990
3,490 John Elway, 1994
3,485 John Elway, 1986
3,366 Jake Plummer, 2005
3,328 John Elway, 1996

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
38 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
35 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
22 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Season
27 Jake Plummer, 2004
27 John Elway, 1997
26 John Elway, 1996
26 John Elway, 1995
25 John Elway, 1993
24 Frank Tripucka, 1960
23 Brian Griese, 2001
22 John Elway, 1998
22 John Elway, 1985
21 Craig Morton, 1981

Playoff Data:

PASSING
MOST COMPLETIONS
24 at Seattle, 12/24/83
22 at Buffalo, 1/12/92
22 at Cleveland, 1/11/87

336 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
267 vs. Houston, 1/4/92
255 vs. Houston, 1/10/88
235 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88

4 vs. Dallas, 1/15/78
2 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST FIRST DOWNS PASSING

MOST PASS ATTEMPTS
Career
651 John Elway, 1983-98
90 Craig Morton, 1977-82
28 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
26 Norris Weese, 1976-79
19 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
19 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
7 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93
2 Steve Sewell, 1985-92

Game (min. 10 attempts)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
212 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
34 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93

MOST PASSING YARDS
Game

Nice...I did not know Plummer was into NFL Stats, does he do his own math as well!

;)

I just do not like the guy, the best compliment I can give is that he is definitely hairy and I think he did great for the Broncos...by leaving!

:D

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
You already complimented the hell out of him . . . how was that?--Raggedy
beard, bad breath, bad manners . . . whatever it was.

Such a pleasant surprise . . . I never figured you as the complimenting type, Cane. *sigh* :dance:

-----

I know, I am trying hard Top...it is not easy, trust me...but worth it, I think I am getting places with my anger management and sarcasm overall!

:laugh:

slim
12-27-2007, 10:51 PM
I think three or four more people should quote that. That will knock this thread 10 pages.

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Nice...I did not know Plummer was into NFL Stats, does he do his own math as well!

;)

I just do not like the guy, the best compliment I can give is that he is definitely hairy and I think he did great for the Broncos...by leaving!

Well, let's see . . . Arapaho2, Mtnman, and Crush05 are all members here.

They'll be glad you're joining them . . . :laugh:

-----

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:53 PM

;)

I understand, but my only issue was that people completely discounted what he did do. Yes, he threw the occaisional left handed pass, made the bonehead play trying to hard (which we will probably also be saying about Cutler for a long time, but I think his upside is much higher), but some people comletely discount the fact that in only a few short years, he was rewriting the Broncos record books, and it wasn't like he was surrounded by tons of talent.

Anyway, we are now almost a season and a half past his departure as a starter, so I guess it's time to move on.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I think three or four more people should quote that. That will knock this thread 10 pages.

I've got more. ;)

JakeGirl
12-27-2007, 10:56 PM

MOST WINS, ONE SEASON
14 1998
13 2005
13 1996
13 1984

MOST TOTAL PLAYS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST ATTEMPTS
Career

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)

INT AVOIDANCE
Career (min. 100 passes)

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Career (min. 500 passes)
79.9 John Elway, 1983-98

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Season (min. 200 passes)
102.9 Brian Griese, 2000
93.0 John Elway, 1998
92.8 John Elway, 1993
91.2 Jake Plummer, 2003
90.5 Craig Morton, 1981
90.2 Jake Plummer, 2005

4th game in 1991)

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
226 John Elway, 1983-98
65 Craig Morton, 1977-82
58 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
45 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
34 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

Career (min. 100 passes)

Season (min. 50 passes)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Season
4,089 Jake Plummer, 2004
4,030 John Elway, 1993
3,970 John Elway, 1995
3,891 John Elway, 1985
3,635 John Elway, 1997
3,526 John Elway, 1990
3,490 John Elway, 1994
3,485 John Elway, 1986
3,366 Jake Plummer, 2005
3,328 John Elway, 1996

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
38 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
35 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
22 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Season
27 Jake Plummer, 2004
27 John Elway, 1997
26 John Elway, 1996
26 John Elway, 1995
25 John Elway, 1993
24 Frank Tripucka, 1960
23 Brian Griese, 2001
22 John Elway, 1998
22 John Elway, 1985
21 Craig Morton, 1981

Playoff Data:

PASSING
MOST COMPLETIONS
24 at Seattle, 12/24/83
22 at Buffalo, 1/12/92
22 at Cleveland, 1/11/87

336 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
267 vs. Houston, 1/4/92
255 vs. Houston, 1/10/88
235 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88

4 vs. Dallas, 1/15/78
2 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST FIRST DOWNS PASSING

MOST PASS ATTEMPTS
Career
651 John Elway, 1983-98
90 Craig Morton, 1977-82
28 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
26 Norris Weese, 1976-79
19 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
19 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
7 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93
2 Steve Sewell, 1985-92

Game (min. 10 attempts)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
212 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
34 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93

MOST PASSING YARDS
Game

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! rockies
Jake ruled - Jay...well, we're still waiting on that one.

frauschieze
12-27-2007, 10:57 PM

I still want to know if you support Griese.

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I understand, but my only issue was that people completely discounted what he did do. Yes, he threw the occaisional left handed pass, made the bonehead play trying to hard (which we will probably also be saying about Cutler for a long time, but I think his upside is much higher), but some people comletely discount the fact that in only a few short years, he was rewriting the Broncos record books, and it wasn't like he was surrounded by tons of talent.

Anyway, we are now almost a season and a half past his departure as a starter, so I guess it's time to move on.

He had his left hand and right hand...in an adult movie theater that is a lot of talent...just ask Pee Wee!

:laugh:

-Postnote: I had to say it...lol.

SarahKay
12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Man I miss the FREAK though.

Tned
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Man I miss the FREAK though.

I miss Chicago Hope, now that was a great show...

fcspikeit
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM

I miss Mortal Combat the series. The way it ended sucked! My 12 year old nephew used to come stay at my house to watch that show with me.

Years after it ended I searched the Internet to see if it was coming back. Its been about 5 years now,,I have about gave up, But if anyone hears anything be sure and let me know ;)

JakeGirl
12-27-2007, 11:19 PM
I still want to know if you support Griese.

I liked Griese!!! Still do. I enjoyed seeing him play this year in Chicago - too bad he got hurt. I even liked Morton and Deberg & that Elway guy. And I like Jay Cutler too. But Jake--- he's my boy. :laugh:

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 11:58 PM

MOST WINS, ONE SEASON
14 1998
13 2005
13 1996
13 1984

MOST TOTAL PLAYS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST ATTEMPTS
Career

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)

INT AVOIDANCE
Career (min. 100 passes)

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Career (min. 500 passes)
79.9 John Elway, 1983-98

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Season (min. 200 passes)
102.9 Brian Griese, 2000
93.0 John Elway, 1998
92.8 John Elway, 1993
91.2 Jake Plummer, 2003
90.5 Craig Morton, 1981
90.2 Jake Plummer, 2005

4th game in 1991)

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
226 John Elway, 1983-98
65 Craig Morton, 1977-82
58 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
45 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
34 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

Career (min. 100 passes)

Season (min. 50 passes)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Season
4,089 Jake Plummer, 2004
4,030 John Elway, 1993
3,970 John Elway, 1995
3,891 John Elway, 1985
3,635 John Elway, 1997
3,526 John Elway, 1990
3,490 John Elway, 1994
3,485 John Elway, 1986
3,366 Jake Plummer, 2005
3,328 John Elway, 1996

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
38 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
35 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
22 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Season
27 Jake Plummer, 2004
27 John Elway, 1997
26 John Elway, 1996
26 John Elway, 1995
25 John Elway, 1993
24 Frank Tripucka, 1960
23 Brian Griese, 2001
22 John Elway, 1998
22 John Elway, 1985
21 Craig Morton, 1981

Playoff Data:

PASSING
MOST COMPLETIONS
24 at Seattle, 12/24/83
22 at Buffalo, 1/12/92
22 at Cleveland, 1/11/87

336 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
267 vs. Houston, 1/4/92
255 vs. Houston, 1/10/88
235 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88

4 vs. Dallas, 1/15/78
2 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST FIRST DOWNS PASSING

MOST PASS ATTEMPTS
Career
651 John Elway, 1983-98
90 Craig Morton, 1977-82
28 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
26 Norris Weese, 1976-79
19 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
19 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
7 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93
2 Steve Sewell, 1985-92

Game (min. 10 attempts)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
212 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
34 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93

MOST PASSING YARDS
Game

Yup, that proves it beyond a doubt .... he was on damn good football teams. A great QB would have won a few more PLAYOFF GAMES! But not the Fake.

Tned
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Yup, that proves it beyond a doubt .... he was on damn good football teams. A great QB would have won a few more PLAYOFF GAMES! But not the Fake.

Yea, great football teams, that's why the Broncos lead all other teams with probowl appearances during that timespan. :sarcasm:

Stand Ablaze
12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Yea, great football teams, that's why the Broncos lead all other teams with probowl appearances during that timespan. :sarcasm:

Haven't you figured out that the Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest? Teams with lots of Pro Bowl appearances don't necessarily make great teams.

Tned
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Haven't you figured out that the Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest? Teams with lots of Pro Bowl appearances don't necessarily make great teams.

Yea, but the Broncos while Plummer was QB were neither great nor popular...

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 03:27 AM

GP...

I'd salute, but I'm out of rep...

Plummbor's good enough to get you a solid season...

Lose against stronger teams...

Not a playoff QB...

sneakers
12-28-2007, 03:39 AM

I miss the Tom Green show....

sneakers
12-28-2007, 04:15 AM

MOST WINS, ONE SEASON
14 1998
13 2005
13 1996
13 1984

MOST TOTAL PLAYS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST ATTEMPTS
Career

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
Career (min. 100 passes)

INT AVOIDANCE
Career (min. 100 passes)

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Career (min. 500 passes)
79.9 John Elway, 1983-98

HIGHEST PASSER RATING
Season (min. 200 passes)
102.9 Brian Griese, 2000
93.0 John Elway, 1998
92.8 John Elway, 1993
91.2 Jake Plummer, 2003
90.5 Craig Morton, 1981
90.2 Jake Plummer, 2005

4th game in 1991)

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
226 John Elway, 1983-98
65 Craig Morton, 1977-82
58 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
45 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
34 Jake Plummer, 2003-05

Career (min. 100 passes)

Season (min. 50 passes)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career

MOST PASSING YARDS
Season
4,089 Jake Plummer, 2004
4,030 John Elway, 1993
3,970 John Elway, 1995
3,891 John Elway, 1985
3,635 John Elway, 1997
3,526 John Elway, 1990
3,490 John Elway, 1994
3,485 John Elway, 1986
3,366 Jake Plummer, 2005
3,328 John Elway, 1996

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Career
300 John Elway, 1983-98
74 Craig Morton, 1977-82
60 Jake Plummer, 2003-05
38 Steve Tensi, 1967-70
35 Steve Ramsey, 1971-76
22 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
Season
27 Jake Plummer, 2004
27 John Elway, 1997
26 John Elway, 1996
26 John Elway, 1995
25 John Elway, 1993
24 Frank Tripucka, 1960
23 Brian Griese, 2001
22 John Elway, 1998
22 John Elway, 1985
21 Craig Morton, 1981

Playoff Data:

PASSING
MOST COMPLETIONS
24 at Seattle, 12/24/83
22 at Buffalo, 1/12/92
22 at Cleveland, 1/11/87

336 vs. Atlanta, 1/31/99
267 vs. Houston, 1/4/92
255 vs. Houston, 1/10/88
235 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST TOUCHDOWN PASSES
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/14/90
3 vs. Cleveland, 1/17/88

4 vs. Dallas, 1/15/78
2 at Seattle, 12/24/83

MOST FIRST DOWNS PASSING

MOST PASS ATTEMPTS
Career
651 John Elway, 1983-98
90 Craig Morton, 1977-82
28 Gus Frerotte, 2000-01
26 Norris Weese, 1976-79
19 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
19 Steve DeBerg, 1981-83
7 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93
2 Steve Sewell, 1985-92

Game (min. 10 attempts)

MOST PASSING YARDS
Career
212 Gary Kubiak, 1983-91
34 Tommy Maddox, 1992-93

MOST PASSING YARDS
Game

Tnerd strikes again! :aetsch:

SR
12-28-2007, 04:27 AM

LEARN HOW TO QUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS!!!!!!

MileHighWrath
12-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Funny how I don't see anyone posting his awesome numbers from all those Cardinals years ... oh yeah, maybe that's because he SUCKED!

And I didn't say "great" teams, I said "damn good"

claymore
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Funny how I don't see anyone posting his awesome numbers from all those Cardinals years ... oh yeah, maybe that's because he SUCKED!

And I didn't say "great" teams, I said "damn good"Plummer even lost the handball playoffs. He is a loser, a rich flaky loser................

Rex
12-28-2007, 09:40 AM

And I didn't say "great" teams, I said "damn good"

I thought you were done with this thread?:salute:

MileHighWrath
12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh this is the same thread? oops!

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
That is strictly prohibited in some circles.

Hey, if even Mntman (the ultimate anti Jake) can acknowledge that he had good games at times, then we should ALL be able to acknowledge that.

Love him or hate him, he still had a damn fine record under centre for the Broncos, and that you can NOT dispute.

Rex
12-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey, if even Mntman (the ultimate anti Jake) can acknowledge that he had good games at times, then we should ALL be able to acknowledge that.

Love him or hate him, he still had a damn fine record under centre for the Broncos, and that you can NOT dispute.

I have never disputed it. I was one of 4 Broncosfreaks that fought to the death in support of Jake.

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I have never disputed it. I was one of 4 Broncosfreaks that fought to the death in support of Jake.

That post was to everyone. I wasn't singling anyone out.

BOSSHOGG30
12-28-2007, 09:50 AM
He had one good season in 2004... big deal.

In-com-plete
12-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm gonna chime, only to give the threadstarter a few pieces of advice:

A.) You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without getting bashed. It's a curse word. Like ****, ****, damn, ass, or whatever.

B.) You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without someone claiming your not a true Bronco fan. They act like Plummer's as bad or worse than Eddie Kennison or Dale Carter. And the funny thing is...a lot of them weren't even fans back then.

C.) You can't say Plummer won 39/54 = 72.2% and Cutler won 8/20 = 40.0%. That's too...I don't know...simple.

Anyway, I've learned that far too many people out there judge who's better on who they like and not who's actually better. Kinda like the Walls/Herndon debate from a few years ago. Everyone loved Walls cause he was tall. Whatever! He sucked while he was with us and after. But noooo. Most everyone thought we made the right choice. How about the Sauerbrun/Ernster debate over the last year or so. Sauerbrun has off the field problems so that makes Ernster better? Come on! He freaking sucks but people don't like Sauerbrun so Ernster's the better punter.

And 99.9% of the time you won't change peoples minds. Like that Pitt AFCCG a couple years ago. Most, if not all, of the blame was put on Plummer. When he clearly had little to no time to get rid of the ball. But is all the blame put on Cutler for last weeks loss? Plummer got blamed for the Indy and SD loss last year. The Indy game because he fumbled and the SD game because the offense scored 6 points in the 2nd half. Well guess what, Cutler fumbled on our first drive last week (taking away points) and we put up 6 points in 2 games this year against SD. Is Cutler getting the blame?

Now I'm not in anyway saying last weeks SD game was Cutler's fault. I don't think that. Just like I didn't think it was Plummers fault when we lost the SD and Indy game last year and the AFCCG in '05. See, I'm consistent. But you'll be hard pressed to find someone consistent who blemed Plummer and also blames Cutler for last weeks loss. Why? Because most/all of these people who'll bash the Plummer fans are hypocrites.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Cutler < 2 years experience.

Plummbor > 8 years experience (when he couldn't pull out a W in the AFCCG)

Never should those two be compared in anyway.

Cutler should be better next year (assuming he get's any help on the O-line), but already like him more than Plummbor...

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM

A.) You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without getting bashed. It's a curse word. Like ****, ****, damn, ass, or whatever.

B.) You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without someone claiming your not a true Bronco fan. They act like Plummer's as bad or worse than Eddie Kennison or Dale Carter. And the funny thing is...a lot of them weren't even fans back then.

C.) You can't say Plummer won 39/54 = 72.2% and Cutler won 8/20 = 40.0%. That's too...I don't know...simple.

Anyway, I've learned that far too many people out there judge who's better on who they like and not who's actually better. Kinda like the Walls/Herndon debate from a few years ago. Everyone loved Walls cause he was tall. Whatever! He sucked while he was with us and after. But noooo. Most everyone thought we made the right choice. How about the Sauerbrun/Ernster debate over the last year or so. Sauerbrun has off the field problems so that makes Ernster better? Come on! He freaking sucks but people don't like Sauerbrun so Ernster's the better punter.

And 99.9% of the time you won't change peoples minds. Like that Pitt AFCCG a couple years ago. Most, if not all, of the blame was put on Plummer. When he clearly had little to no time to get rid of the ball. But is all the blame put on Cutler for last weeks loss? Plummer got blamed for the Indy and SD loss last year. The Indy game because he fumbled and the SD game because the offense scored 6 points in the 2nd half. Well guess what, Cutler fumbled on our first drive last week (taking away points) and we put up 6 points in 2 games this year against SD. Is Cutler getting the blame?

Now I'm not in anyway saying last weeks SD game was Cutler's fault. I don't think that. Just like I didn't think it was Plummers fault when we lost the SD and Indy game last year and the AFCCG in '05. See, I'm consistent. But you'll be hard pressed to find someone consistent who blemed Plummer and also blames Cutler for last weeks loss. Why? Because most/all of these people who'll bash the Plummer fans are hypocrites.

NO LOGIC HERE!!!!!!!!!!

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

BOSSHOGG30
12-28-2007, 12:47 PM
The one thing I can't stand is a vet who plays like a rookie. At least when Cutler screws up I can say... well he is still learning.... Jake was a vet... It was just disgusting.

Tned
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Cutler < 2 years experience.

Plummbor > 8 years experience (when he couldn't pull out a W in the AFCCG)

Never should those two be compared in anyway.

Cutler should be better next year (assuming he get's any help on the O-line), but already like him more than Plummbor...

Did you watch the AFCCG???? The defense allowed big ben to score at will. The offensive line couldn't do squat, pass or run.

I love revisionist history... :confused:

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Did you watch the AFCCG???? The defense allowed big ben to score at will. The offensive line couldn't do squat, pass or run.

Wait? The liberals and godless democrats are in here?

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM

I'm not debating that at all...both the O and D lines played...well, like they've played for the past several years - like sissies.

In the playoffs, however, most of the time at QB needs to transcend the game as the opponents are generally so good.

Elway, Brady, even Montana were brilliant at that…of course, there’s an occasional exception like Dilfer who had a once-in-a-century defense to help him out.

Bottom line, though, Plummbor absolutely could NEVER do that…

fcspikeit
12-28-2007, 04:24 PM

I take it your directing the "You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without someone claiming your not a true Bronco fan." comment at me.

Yeah, that's what I said. :rolleyes:

Why don't you read the post's before commenting on them?

If I or anyone else had said, "if you still like Jake Plummer your not a true Broncos fan" You would be correct in your analyses. Show me where that was posted in this thread? :confused:

Simple Jaded
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
All the whiny Charger fans make me kinda miss the Plummer threads......Ahhh, the good ol day's......

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Can we pls change the title of this thread now to, "Nobody Cares!! Jake Plummer sighting!!!"

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
All the whiny Charger fans make me kinda miss the Plummer threads......Ahhh, the good ol day's......

Yeah, at least they had SOME semblance of intellect

fcspikeit
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Plummer must have the record for getting people banned on BM :D

I don't know what was worse, The countless threads or the countless post's saying, Get over it, Move on,

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Plummer must have the record for getting people banned on BM :D

I don't know what was worse, The countless threads or the countless post's saying, Get over it, Move on,

I kinda miss JakesBeard. Y'know the guy

OMG WE NED TO OR WE WIL LOOS
IF U DONT WANT TO YOU SUK AND ARENT A REAL FAN

etc etc etc

Medford Bronco
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM

LONG LIKE THE SNAKE!!

I forgot that Jake played defensive line and LB
where are major problems are :tsk:

Jake never had Nalen, Walker and Hamilton out either

but hey you can think what you want

way to be a :target:

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry, but Hot Damn did he look terrible. :sick:

Hawgdriver
12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
I think this thread is a statement about this season. We should have better things to talk about, but we don't... It's depressing.

I was a fan of Jake, but he's gone now. You want to talk to me about Jake, when our team is about to fall into the abyss of Raider-like mediocrity?

at this point, Jake = W H A T E V A H

but he won a bunch of regular season games!! and a playoff game, too!!

WHATEVAH!

but he is scraggly and rebellious!!

WHATEVAH!

but he's cool, I miss him!!

WHATEVAH!

But he's -- WHATEVAH!! Don't you get it? WHATEVAH!!

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 06:31 PM
I think this thread is a statement about this season. We should have better things to talk about, but we don't... It's depressing.

I was a fan of Jake, but he's gone now. You want to talk to me about Jake, when our team is about to fall into the abyss of Raider-like mediocrity?

at this point, Jake = W H A T E V A H

but he won a bunch of regular season games!! and a playoff game, too!!

WHATEVAH!

but he is scraggly and rebellious!!

WHATEVAH!

but he's cool, I miss him!!

WHATEVAH!

But he's -- WHATEVAH!! Don't you get it? WHATEVAH!!

Actually, I don't get it - ???

Hawgdriver
12-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Actually, I don't get it - ???

whatever = leave me alone, I don't need to hear about your problems
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg)

fcspikeit
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
whatever = leave me alone, I don't need to hear about your problems
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg)

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the OP LOL

:salute:

fcspikeit
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I kinda miss JakesBeard. Y'know the guy

OMG WE NED TO OR WE WIL LOOS
IF U DONT WANT TO YOU SUK AND ARENT A REAL FAN

etc etc etc

LOL yeah I remember him. He was so exstream even the most hardened Jake bashers wouldn't claim him.

BroncoBJ
12-29-2007, 07:31 AM
:lol: Damn I never knew so many people hated Jake.
I'll always like Jake. Even though he wasn't great and I wanted him benched anyways. :lol:

I liked his attitude more then anything. I still think its funny how if Jake came back in the 4th qtr while throwing 3 Ints then a lot of people talk about how great he was. Then Jay comes back in the 4th qtr when throwing an INT or 2 and people say that hes lucky and stuff. And Visa Versa.

Jake was never good under pressure and drafting Cutler added a lot more pressure to him which is why he played horrible last year. IMO

I never thought we were great in those years though. That 13-3 season seems like such a fluke for some reason. I have a hard time realizing we only lost 3 games that year. But I loved it all until the Steelers game. I always think what if. It sure would have been cool to see Jake win a ring. I loved his beard. :lol:

And I'm confused on what happened at the freak and what that link that was posted means???

And Sneakers I liked the Tom Green show as well. Damn its been forever since that show but I liked it.
Freaky Friday was my favorite part.
All them wackos lol

In-com-plete
12-29-2007, 08:25 AM
I take it your directing the "You can't say "Jake Plummer" around here without someone claiming your not a true Bronco fan." comment at me.

Yeah, that's what I said. :rolleyes:

Why don't you read the post's before commenting on them?

If I or anyone else had said, "if you still like Jake Plummer your not a true Broncos fan" You would be correct in your analyses. Show me where that was posted in this thread? :confused:

I wasn't directing it at you man. Don't take things so personal. I don't even think I read any of your posts in this thread. I read posts #1 through like #5 and decided to comment. Didn't read the ones in between #5 and mine after I posted either. If I was directing it at you I would have quoted you.

What I did was comment on my past experiences defending Plummer. And tell it like it is. Not calling you out or anything. Not calling anyone out. Just explaining that if you say "Jake Plummer" around here, you're going to get crucified.

Kapaibro
12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
LOL yeah I remember him. He was so exstream even the most hardened Jake bashers wouldn't claim him.

I got sooooooooo many CP's for my discreet slapdowns of him and the other whack jobbies.

Oooooooooo how about the "So and So is a beast on MADDEN, we should draft him!" idiots?

pnbronco
12-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I really liked Jake and I think I will always miss him. I am glad that he seems really happy with the path he is on now and only wish him the best.

The Jake Wars, lol big time :laugh::laugh:

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 12:36 PM
I got sooooooooo many CP's for my discreet slapdowns of him and the other whack jobbies.

Oooooooooo how about the "So and So is a beast on MADDEN, we should draft him!" idiots?

Or, "I started Elam at QB the other day and he threw 3 TD's, IMO we should give him a shot".

One of my favorites were, "How about so and so (I just seen tearing it up last night) as a Broncos". Never mind the fact they are under contract for the next 5 yeas and considered by most to be the best at the position, forgetting the tiny little fact, there is no way in hell the team they are now playing for would let them go. :D

Yeah they come in all shapes, One of my personal favorites are those who seem to have nothing better to do but poke fun at others and their lousy threads. ;) :elefant:

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 12:59 PM

For me it was about being somewhere closer to the middle. Don't get me wrong, I supported the move to Cutler 100%. I had lost faith in Plummer and I believed Cutler was the better QB of the 2. There were just so many whack jobs bashing plummer, it seemed all those Supporting Cutler got lumped into that group. I fought with that the most. It didn't matter how you worded your post, as soon as the Jake supporters seen you supported the move, you were the enemy. I know I got a lot of CP's from the Cutler supporters for defending the move, I suspect everyone on both sides did.

I seen no point in bashing Plummer, That was never my intent. The problem was, it was easy enough for people to assume that was your motive because to show why you supported the move ,you had to throw out all of Jakes faults. Sure he had his upside, but IMO the hope in Cutlers potential surpassed what little faith I had left in plummer.

It's all water under the bridge now :elefant:

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I'll bash Plummbor all day long...

2 playoff wins in a 10 year career is hardly impressive.

Dude had (almost) 4 full seasons to get it done for us and couldn't.

Yes, he had good statics, but Bronco's fans - above almost any other NFL fan - should appreciate that doesn't always tell the tale.

Jake Plummbor is not a QB you want in a big-game or the postseason.

He'd make a great backup though I bet...

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 01:35 PM

Yes, he had good statics, but Bronco's fans - above almost any other NFL fan - should appreciate that doesn't always tell the tale.

As I said, I lost faith in plummer so I agree with this. But I am curious, If we didn't have Cutler would you still have wanted Jake out? I was saying before we drafted Cutler that we needed a better QB, However in 05 Plummer was playing with the top 10 QB's in the league some would argue top 5. Even at his best there were better QB's out there then him. But there were far worse. My feelings were, if we could get one better, we should jump on it! But I wasn't to the point of saying bench him at all cost.

Of course in 06 Plummer resorted back to his worst days. At that point, I couldn't see how even a rookie could do any worse.

For me it wasn't so much, Plummer sucks get him out. It was, Cutler is better get him in. You see the difference? That's why I refer to myself as a Cutler supporter rather then a Jake basher.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I was excited when Plummbor came in 03...Dink had is chance, and couldn't get it done.

After 04, I began to see that, like an animal, Jake-off just had some things that weren't going to change - i.e...costly turnovers, can't win in the postseason, etc.

The AFCCG in 05 was the nail in the coffin that this dude was a perennial 6-10 game-a-year winner, could make a play or two good, could make a play or two horrible, but above all, couldn’t transcend the game like successful postseason QBs must.

Yeah good stats, yeah everyone else played bad in that game, yeah, yeah, yeah…but after almost 10-years as a Pro QB, this dude was still the same.

The move to go with Cutler was the right move…and after 4-5 years of JC, if all he’s got to show is a single playoff win and more INTs (and fumbles too) than TDs in the playoffs, then it’ll be time for him to hit the road to.

I’ll take Elway and wins in the postseason with mediocre stats vs Marino-esque and really great stats with wild-card a$$ whoopins any day of the week…

JMO

Tned
12-29-2007, 03:36 PM
:lol: Damn I never knew so many people hated Jake.

Denver is probably the hardest NFL city for a QB to survive. Even 72% winning percentages are scoffed at.

Neither does saying, "he didn't get it done". Did you watch the Indy games? The defense was shredded and we had minimal talent on offense. Same can be said of the AFCCG game. Plummer didn't play lights out, but the defense was horrid, and the o-line looked like they were just promoted from a AAA highschool team.

The AFCCG in 05 was the nail in the coffin that this dude was a perennial 6-10 game-a-year winner, could make a play or two good, could make a play or two horrible, but above all, couldn’t transcend the game like successful postseason QBs must.

Yeah good stats, yeah everyone else played bad in that game, yeah, yeah, yeah…but after almost 10-years as a Pro QB, this dude was still the same.

You might want to watch the game again, next time it is on NFL Network or by some other means. We had a non-existant defense, and an o-line that was thoroughly beat and couldn't run or pass block. To lay that game soley on Jake's shoulders is ridiculous. I don't think Elway in his prime would have led the Broncos to a win on that day.

fcspikeit
12-29-2007, 03:57 PM
You might want to watch the game again, next time it is on NFL Network or by some other means. We had a non-existant defense, and an o-line that was thoroughly beat and couldn't run or pass block. To lay that game soley on Jake's shoulders is ridiculous. I don't think Elway in his prime would have led the Broncos to a win on that day.

Of course it wasn't all Plummers fault. However, our defense didn't play that bad in that game. If you remember, Plummer threw 2 INT's that gave Pit great field position. The pass blocking on both INT's was fine. He wasn't forced into those throws, They weren't even on 3rd down where he had to make something happen. We were moving the ball both times when Plummer gave the ball back on our side of the field. There's no way around it, He just made a bad read on both throws.

As far as saying Elway in his Prime wouldn't have won that game, I disagree! Unfortunately We will never know.

IMO if we had Trent Dilfer playing QB for us in that game we would have had a better chance of winning then with Plummer the way he played.

I'm talking Trent Dilfer the year Bal won the Superbowl.

The Trent Dilfer that = "Just don't turn the ball over and give us a chance to win the game!"

Tned
12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Of course it wasn't all Plummers fault. However, our defense didn't play that bad in that game. If you remember, Plummer threw 2 INT's that gave Pit great field position. The pass blocking on both INT's was fine. He wasn't forced into those throws, They weren't even on 3rd down where he had to make something happen. We were moving the ball both times when Plummer gave the ball back on our side of the field. There's no way around it, He just made a bad read on both throws.

Actually, this isn't accurate. While the pass protection was fine on his first INT (with under two minutes to go in the half, I believe), the pass protection on the fumble earlier in the half was a joke, or you might say non-existant. The defense had allowed Ben to Convert on 85% of the third downs and had given up something like 15 first downs, and over 230 yards of offense in the half, something like 180 passing.

The first INT at the end of the half was a bad decision, but it was also clearly a desperation throw with the team down by two TDs, because at that point it was clear that our o-line was overmatched (run and pass) and our defense couldn't stop the Pitt offense. That is often when INTs occur, when a team/QB knows that he has to take chances, because without miracles, this game is over. Sometimes that doesn't happen until the third or fourth quarter, but other times it is obvious early.

JakeGirl
12-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Actually, this isn't accurate. While the pass protection was fine on his first INT (with under two minutes to go in the half, I believe), the pass protection on the fumble earlier in the half was a joke, or you might say non-existant. The defense had allowed Ben to Convert on 85% of the third downs and had given up something like 15 first downs, and over 230 yards of offense in the half, something like 180 passing.

The first INT at the end of the half was a bad decision, but it was also clearly a desperation throw with the team down by two TDs, because at that point it was clear that our o-line was overmatched (run and pass) and our defense couldn't stop the Pitt offense. That is often when INTs occur, when a team/QB knows that he has to take chances, because without miracles, this game is over. Sometimes that doesn't happen until the third or fourth quarter, but other times it is obvious early.

This is right on - thanks for post tnedator!! I was at the game, and the whole team came out flat - not just Jake. Actually, if you rewatch it, Jake is played his guts out in the game. He made some miraculous escapes from Joey Porter etc. to try and keep things alive. It was desperation at that point. The Men of Steel could not be stopped.

Here's how I view the whole situation. True, the Broncos could not have passed up Jay Cutler in the draft. But on draft day, Jake knew his days were numbered, and hence, his motivation disappeared. Jake did not live for football - so at that point, he probably started to think about moving on. Jake was not a 'lifer' like Testaverde. He really didn't give a rat's ass in 2006. He was miffed and pissed off- and I don't blame him. Sundquist and Shanahan had told the world they supported him - only to go out and draft a QB. Jake was very popular in the lockerroom, and I'm sure this decision was looked at poorly from some of his supporters within the team - that's my thought anyway. So when Jake was benched, the 'new kid' comes in - I'm sure there were some players (whether this is right or wrong!) that were not pleased about it. Who's to say. I'm sure Jay wasn't thrilled about the situation either - it was ugly and it tore about fans and team members alike.

So anyway, Jake is benched, Jay tries his best, and the team still ends up missing the playoffs in 06. Then Darrent dies, etc....bad off season.

This season is still a mystery. You can just tell the whole team seems down on themselves. John Lynch's body language says it all - there is a whole funk about this team this year. Jay has been doing really well in most games- but why can they not score in the redzone?? I think the offensive play calling is- well-- OFFENSIVE!! They need a new coordinator in my opinion.

Here's to a better season in 08.....

Tned
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
This is right on - thanks for post tnedator!! I was at the game, and the whole team came out flat - not just Jake. Actually, if you rewatch it, Jake is played his guts out in the game. He made some miraculous escapes from Joey Porter etc. to try and keep things alive. It was desperation at that point. The Men of Steel could not be stopped.

The other factor that people ignore is that Jake was playing with the flu, and taking oxygen on the sideline. So, not only did the defense get humiliated by Big Ben, and the O-line get embarrased by Pitts 3-4, but Jake was running for his life while having the flu. Either way, flu or no flu, you just can't do anything as a QB when you have no time to throw and your team can't establish a running game.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Denver is probably the hardest NFL city for a QB to survive. Even 72% winning percentages are scoffed at.

Neither does saying, "he didn't get it done". Did you watch the Indy games? The defense was shredded and we had minimal talent on offense. Same can be said of the AFCCG game. Plummer didn't play lights out, but the defense was horrid, and the o-line looked like they were just promoted from a AAA highschool team.

Like I said already..there was plenty of blame in that game, like there was/is plenty of blame in all games...that’s all been said.

Jakey had a respectable regular season record.

Jakey had okay statistics.

Jakey was a gamer.

A lot of women thought Jake-off was cute (only God knows why?).

No one (to include me) can argument those facts – except for maybe the last one.

Jakey was 2-4 as a starting QB in the postseason.

Jakey often made costly turnovers.

Jakey was a 10-year vet and made many of the same mistakes (mis-reads, etc.) that rookie QBs do.

Jakey had the offense ‘dumbed-down’ for him due to the fact he kept making the same mistakes (Shanahan said that – not me).

No one can argue those facts either.

Bottom line though, and everyone knows it, big-games and the playoffs are what separates the good/average QBs from the great ones…Jakey-poo aint even close to that level and never was/will be.

Neither was Dink, Frerotte, etc. so he’s got plenty of company. Heck, most QBs can’t say that.

Nothing to PO or upset anyone, but to say Plummbor was a great (or even above average QB), that he took a lot of blame for things that weren’t his fault, and that he still should have been a starter for the Broncos is just a silly statement.

Plummbor had his chance, had the players around him, and just couldn’t get it done in the postseason.

Period.

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Like I said already..there was plenty of blame in that game, like there was/is plenty of blame in all games...that’s all been said.

Jakey had a respectable regular season record.

Jakey had okay statistics.

Jakey was a gamer.

A lot of women thought Jake-off was cute (only God knows why?).

No one (to include me) can argument those facts – except for maybe the last one.

Jakey was 2-4 as a starting QB in the postseason.

Jakey often made costly turnovers.

Jakey was a 10-year vet and made many of the same mistakes (mis-reads, etc.) that rookie QBs do.

Jakey had the offense ‘dumbed-down’ for him due to the fact he kept making the same mistakes (Shanahan said that – not me).

No one can argue those facts either.

Bottom line though, and everyone knows it, big-games and the playoffs are what separates the good/average QBs from the great ones…Jakey-poo aint even close to that level and never was/will be.

Neither was Dink, Frerotte, etc. so he’s got plenty of company. Heck, most QBs can’t say that.

Nothing to PO or upset anyone, but to say Plummbor was a great (or even above average QB), that he took a lot of blame for things that weren’t his fault, and that he still should have been a starter for the Broncos is just a silly statement.

Plummbor had his chance, had the players around him, and just couldn’t get it done in the postseason.

Period.

Cute names, I guess if I had watched winny the poo as a kid, I could come up with similar ones. :lol:

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Cute names, I guess if I had watched winny the poo as a kid, I could come up with similar ones. :lol:

I'd salute you and comment 'smarta$$' but I'm out of rep for the next 24 hours...

You know a MOD around here that's competent that I could talk too ‘bout that?

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I'd salute you and comment 'smarta$$' but I'm out of rep for the next 24 hours...

You know a MOD around here that's competent that I could talk too ‘bout that?

I don't understand the question?

Yea, I am a SA by nature, and know that the Jake debates are barely based on logic, typically more emotion, so I have to kick myself for trying to keep bringing logic into it.

MileHighWrath
12-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Jake had a good arm, not great but good, decent accuracy that was better when he was on the run. He could hit his target while running almost full speed in either direction, it was very impressive. Had terrific mobility and very good feet. Could get away from pressure (when he didn't hold the ball too long or try to force a pass into triple coverage) and gained a lot of ground on his feet. All the talent to make a GREAT QB.

Then there's that 2 cent brain (care of ASU). He made the same mistakes in his last season that he was making in his rookie season. When Denver got him everyone was saying," he's got great potential, wait 'til Shanny works with him." I hated that, everyone said that for the 8 years (or whatever) he was with the cardinals, he never got any better. He just wasn't smart enough, didn't work hard enough, didn't have enough fire in his belly to be the best QB his talent could make him. In the end, when his team needed their QB to make the plays, he couldn't do it. When he managed the O and it all clicked, he was great, see 2005. When the O just didn't run on all cylinders and the QB needed to step up, he couldn't be relied upon. If he was so great, as all the Plummer apologists say, why was he removed mid season in the midst of a legitimate run at the division title or wild card, for a ROOKIE?

My guess is and was, if they were going to have a QB that continued to make rookie mistakes, then let's go ahead and let the true rookie make them. The offense was already dumbed down for the Fake. Give the rook a shot, Jay's got all the same or similar attributes as Plummer, with two exceptions; 1. he's intelligent, 2. He's got a freaking cannon for an arm.

omac
12-29-2007, 07:18 PM
As I said, I lost faith in plummer so I agree with this. But I am curious, If we didn't have Cutler would you still have wanted Jake out? I was saying before we drafted Cutler that we needed a better QB, However in 05 Plummer was playing with the top 10 QB's in the league some would argue top 5. Even at his best there were better QB's out there then him. But there were far worse. My feelings were, if we could get one better, we should jump on it! But I wasn't to the point of saying bench him at all cost.

Of course in 06 Plummer resorted back to his worst days. At that point, I couldn't see how even a rookie could do any worse.

For me it wasn't so much, Plummer sucks get him out. It was, Cutler is better get him in. You see the difference? That's why I refer to myself as a Cutler supporter rather then a Jake basher.

There were much better QBs available in the 2006 free agency: Brees, Kitna, and Garcia. Brees and Kitna would need good OL protection, so that probably rules them out, but Garcia is a mobile QB, a very good passer, and excellent decision maker. Definitely Garcia over Plummer, but ofcourse, that's all in hindsight.

The underated QB I wanted for Denver was the other Jake ... Delhomme. The guy's a clutch player under pressure. He was having an excellent season before his injury, and the Panthers have gone from contenders with him to sucks without him. Our OL probably wouldn't make him very effective, though.

Of the former bench warmers, the 2 turning out real excellent and definite upgrades are David Garrard and Matt Schaub. Both have great poise, and both run similar offenses to Denver.

I would take Jake Plummer, though, over McCown, Culpepper, Harrington, Jackson, Frerotte, Carr, Vick, probably a few others. Of the current QB starters, I'd rate him about 20.

In-com-plete
12-31-2007, 09:14 AM

As far as saying Elway in his Prime wouldn't have won that game, I disagree! Unfortunately We will never know.

IMO if we had Trent Dilfer playing QB for us in that game we would have had a better chance of winning then with Plummer the way he played.

I'm talking Trent Dilfer the year Bal won the Superbowl.

The Trent Dilfer that = "Just don't turn the ball over and give us a chance to win the game!"

Our defense that...."didn't play that bad"...gave up 8 of the first 9 third down conversions. That was in the first half! Pitt converted 63% of their 3rd downs for the game. If our D "didn't play that bad", I'd hate to hear what you think of this years defense.

Actually, we weren't moving the ball both times Plummer threw his interceptions. We weren't moving the ball on either of Plummers picks. It was the first play of both drives. You know how I know this? BECAUSE I WATCHED THE GAME. And since I WATCHED THE GAME (3 times actually), I remember his first pick well. Alexander ran an out that was half-ass at best. Not crisp at all. The second pick was all on on Plummer thought. Here's the play by play (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=28855&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2005&week=POST20&override=true) so you can see it was the first play of both drives:

J.Reed kicks 70 yards from PIT 30 to end zone, Touchback.

1-10-DEN 20 (1:55) J.Plummer pass intended for S.Alexander INTERCEPTED by I.Taylor at DEN 39. I.Taylor pushed ob at DEN 38 for 1 yard (S.Alexander).

J.Reed kicks 60 yards from PIT 30 to DEN 10. C.Adams to PIT 43 for 47 yards (B.McFadden).

1-10-PIT 43 (13:29) J.Plummer pass intended for R.Smith INTERCEPTED by L.Foote at PIT 28. L.Foote to PIT 42 for 14 yards (T.Nalen).

Tned
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Alexander ran an out that was half-ass at best. Not crisp at all. The second pick was all on on Plummer thought. Here's the play by play so you can see it was the first play of both drives:

Here's a play-by-play of Jake's throws I put together reviewing the game:

Ok, I was asked why I don't do it for Jake, so here it is. It is the last game Jake played, so here we go. This is the first half. I am eating dinner and will probably break down the second half this evening, or possibly tomorrow:

Jake Plummer Play by Play: AFCCG

Pass 1:
5+ step drop/play action/screen to Putz - shoulder height; 19 yards

Run 1:
Play action bootleg - scramble back to line of scrimmage; 1 yard gain

Pass 2:
5 step drop; pass to Rod Smith, high and behind off hands; incomplete

Pass 3:
5 step drop; pass to Rod Smith near left numbers; hit in stomach; 13 yards

Fumble 1:
play action - 5+ step drop; both outsider rushers beat pass protection; Jake hit/fumble

Run 2:
5+ step drop; Tatum withs on block of blitzing DB; Plummer scrambles for 1 yard gain.

Pass 4:
5 step drop; blitzer comes in clean; screen pass hits Tatum in chest; 8 yard gain, just

short of first down

Pass 5:
5 step drop; deflected by linebacker; Intended for Lelie over the middle; incomplete

Pass 6:
Playaction/bootleg; pass to anderson; slightly behind - right hip; complete 13 yards

Pass 7:
Play action/5+ step drop; pass in Putz hands - slightly led on run; caught at right numbers;

18 yards

Cummalative:
5/7 71 yards - 1 fumble

Pass 8:
Play action/5 step drop; blind side hit as he releases ball; high to Lelie in endzone;

incomplete; Lepsis tried to sell play action and Porter flew by him untouched.

Pass 9:
Play action/5 step drop; Plummer hit by rushing porter as soon as he turns back towards the

line of scrimmage from the play action; Porter ran right by Anderson, who didn't block him,

because it appeared to be a screen; Plummer jumped and threw as Porter was hitting him in

chest; ball was short of reaching Anderson, who turned towards Jake when the ball was almost

to him; incomplete

Note: Broncos ran on third and 10 and then kicked field goal.

Note: Pittsburght scores on first three possessions (one following fumble). 17-3 score. Pitt

scored on drives of 62, 39 and 80 yards; 5/6 on 3rd down conversion in first three series

Pass 10:
5+ step drop; pass intended for Alexander at right sideline; intercepted by DB with inside

coverage

Note: Steelers score on 43 yard drive following interception

Note: For the half, the Steelers scored on all four of their first half possessions

Note: half ends 24-3 pitt.

Note: First half summary:
Plummer 6/11 80 yards 1 fumble - 1 int
Broncos 6 first downs
3rd down conversions: 2-5

Roethlisberger 13/17 180 2 TD's
Pitt 14 first downs
3rd down conversions: 6-7

Second Half:

Pass 11:
Backed up on 3 yard line following punt:
5 step drop; swing pass to Anderson to left; hits him in stride in hands - right front

corner of endzone; Anderson get's to 2, 1 yard loss

Pass 12:
Play action/5 step drop in endzone; pressure from both rushing ends; throw high and through

Rod Smith's hands at left hash marks; incomplete

Pass 13:
5 step drop; screen to anderson - hit in hands; down at 1, 2 yard loss

Pass 14:
5+ step drop; pass intended for Alexander on 12 yard curl; pass into stomach; dropped by

alexander; no defender within 4 yards; incomplete

Pass 15:
4 step drop; hit Smith in hands on slant at left numbers; 9 yards

Pass 16:
Play action/bootleg right; throw made from half between right numbers and sideline at

Broncos 25, back across body to Smith at Pitt 40 at hash marks, over Rod's right shoulder -

slightly high; 30 yard gain.

Pass 17:
Play action/ 4 step drop; hit Putz in hands on slant at right numbers; 9 yards

Pass 18:
5+ step drop; throw over middle to endzone, slightly high; 30 yard TD

Pass 19:
5 step drop; pass intended for smith at left hash mark intercepted by linebacker

Pass 20:
5+ step drop; avoids blitzing db and scrambles out of pocket; avoids orginald DB that got up

and chased him outside hash marks, shovels to anderson, while being hit by linebacker; 2

yard gain - Nullified by inneligible player downfield - replay down.

Pass 21:
Playaction/5 step drop; throw to Sapp near left sideline; possibly slightly behind/near

right hip/hard to say from angle, other than it hit both hands - Drop; incomplete

Pass 22:
play action/5 step drop; rusher beat Lepsis and gets to drop point before Jake, Jake steps

up and avoids second rusher that is unblocked, runs up just short of line of scrimmage

outside right hash mark, throws back across to Bell betweek left hash and numbers - Ball

hits Bell in hands; 8 yard gain

Pass 23:
4 step drop; pass to Lelie on right sideline; over Lelies left shoulder - slightly high; 38

yards

Pass 24:
Play action/5+ step drop; hit by Porter who beat Lepsis and beat Jake to his drop back

point; avoided sack and scrambled outside hashmarks to left; while back peddling to avoid

another rusher ; intended for Adams at left numbers on 35 yard throw; pass hit Adams in

chest but dropped on pass interference call; incomplete / but PI

Run:
Play action/bootleg right; nobody open; run for 6 yard gain

Pass 25:
play aciton/bootleg right; two rushers pressuring Jake on bootleg; pass intended for Putz at

right numbers; pass high off fingertips; incomplete

Pass 26:
5+ step drop; pass into Smith's stomach at right hash marks; 7 yards

Sack:
5 step dorp; steps up to avoid one rusher; sacked by three steelers

Fumble:
Going for it on 4th down;
5 step drop; foster completely beat by rusher who envelopes Jake, but he escapes and steps

forward; ball stripped by second rusher.

scramble:
5 step drop; nobody open; scrambles forward; 8 yards

Pass 27:
5 step drop; pressured by 3 man rush; pass to Tatum near right sideline; pass wide;

incomplete

Pass 28:
5 step drop; swing pass to Bell at right numbers; 1 yard gain

Pass 29:
5+ step drop; steps up to avoid pressure; hits Putz in hands at left numbers; 11 yards

Pass 30:
5+ step drop; steps up to avoid pressure - scrambles to left numbers; hits Puts in stomach -

drop; incomplete

Pass 31:
3 step drop; intended for Smith on slant at left hash marks = ball shoulder height - a

little outside - bounces off hands; incomplete

Pass 32:
4 step drop; swing pass to Tatum outside right numbers; hits him shoulder high; 2 yard gain

Scramble:
4 step drop; scramble forward for 4 yard gain

Second Half stats:
Plummer 12/19 143 yards 1 int - 1 td - 1 fumble
Broncos 10 first downs
3rd downs 3-7

Roethlisberger 8/12 95 yards
6 first downs
3rd downs 4-9

Ok, here is a similar breakdown to what I did with the breakdown of Jay's plays.

Summary:

18 on target throws - 2 drops
8 a little high or behind (catchable off hands) - 4 drops
3 high or wide - uncatchable
1 tip by defender - no chance for receiver to make play
2 Ints - Bad throws, no chance for receivers to make plays

Ok, here is a % breakdown.

56.3% - hit the receiver in stride, in the body, etc.
25% - was slightly high, or slightly wide, such as off a hip, catchable, but not perfect
9.4% - uncatchable - but not intercepted or tipped
3.1% - tipped
6.3% - intercepted

I have nothing to reference these percentages against to know if they are good or bad, or somewhere in between.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:00 PM
WHO CARES? Plummer is no longer a Bronco. I liked the guy, but after the AFCCG it was painfully obvious that we were never going to win the Super Bowl with him at QB. We've all moved on, and we all see that Cutler is a stud.

Tned
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
WHO CARES? Plummer is no longer a Bronco. I liked the guy, but after the AFCCG it was painfully obvious that we were never going to win the Super Bowl with him at QB. We've all moved on, and we all see that Cutler is a stud.

I guess it continues because people make statements (like the one of yours I quoted) that state the AFCCG was some sort of revelation of what could never happen when Jake was at the helm, when anyone that watched that game knows that Jake was the least of our problems in that game.

Italianmobstr7
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I guess it continues because people make statements (like the one of yours I quoted) that state the AFCCG was some sort of revelation of what could never happen when Jake was at the helm, when anyone that watched that game knows that Jake was the least of our problems in that game.

I wouldn't say he was the least of our problems, but he definitely wasn't our biggest problem. Our biggest problem was the D-line. I like Jake. I really did. I defended him until his last pass as a Bronco. Regardless of the AFCCG it was obvious that we weren't going to win the Super Bowl with him as our QB. His last season with us he was TERRIBLE. Jay has made less rookie mistakes in his first full year as starter than Jake did in his 10th year. I like Jake, and I'm glad that he retired instead of going to another team. But I'm much happier watching Jay drop back to pass and thinking "1st down" or "completion" instead of "please don't throw an interception!"