PDA

View Full Version : Giants looking to get themselves their own praise

Retired_Member_001
12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Giants looking to get themselves their own praise

The New England Patriots have the opportunity to go 16-0. No team in the history in the history of the NFL has gone a 16 game season unbeaten. However the Patriots face one final test, the New York Giants.

Now many people think that the Giants are going to rest their starts, however it is FACT that the Giants will play all of their starters. This is very positive, because it means the Giants really want to stop the Patriots going undefeated. Let’s face it, the team who stops the Patriots from fulfilling a record breaking season are going to get themselves in the record books, they will also get a lot of love from around the globe for stopping the second most (Chargers coming first) arrogant and classless team in the NFL something extra to boast about.

The Giants could seriously pull off a win, and here are the three reasons why.

The biggest factor will be the Giants getting the run game going. The Giants will need to watch film of what the Ravens did to the Patriots, run the ball right up the gut. Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward have the ability to cause problems for the Patriots. Brandon Jacobs has rushed for 275 yards in the last two games, he is certainly on fire and the Giants have the fourth best run offense in the league and they will need to keep that going. It is possible to run on the Patriots who have aging linebackers.

The next biggest factor comes in the form of Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan. Combined they have 32 sacks. Getting pressure on Tom Brady will be very important, if you give him time, he WILL burn you. It will be very hard to get past Matt Light, but the Giants should look to overload Nick Kaczur’s side. Doing that may help them get their arms on Tom Brady.

Lastly, but certainly not least, the Giants need to make sure Eli “Not his brother” Manning doesn’t throw the game away. Manning does have a tendency to cost the Giants games and they will need to make sure he manages the game and doesn’t try to win it. The Giants running game and pass rush will win the game.

Obviously stopping the Patriots receivers is key but no one will expect the Giants to do that. The Giants need to stick to what their good at for them to win.

There is no doubt that the Giants want to win against the Patriots because , as mentioned earlier, it would be quite something to stop the Patriots being the first team to go a 16 game season undefeated.

( I've hoped you enjoyed the two articles, I wanted to do two short articles this week instead of 1 long one).

Medford Bronco
12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I just do not see NYG beating NE, even if they are trying.

they could cover the spread but to win outright would be a major Upset IMO

I think Eli will mess up big time and the backup Qb is not good.

Retired_Member_001
12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I just do not see NYG beating NE, even if they are trying.

they could cover the spread but to win outright would be a major Upset IMO

I think Eli will mess up big time and the backup Qb is not good.

We can always dream.

:D

Retired_Member_001
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I apologize for the lack of articles from me.

I'll have something up after the playoff games.