PDA

View Full Version : Remember D.Will this New Years

champ24girl
12-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I will be leaving a lighted candle at the south end of Invesco on New Year's Eve for remembering Darrent - I will always think of him on New Year's Eve after the terrible shock of a year ago. He'll always be a Bronco, never forgotten, always remembered for his enthusiasm and that glowing smile. It would be great if other fans would bring candles to remember Darrent by this New Year's Eve!!

:salute:

AlWilsonizKING
12-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Closing in on a date that to many will seem great,
But to Bronc's fans it's the date we lost a great teammate.
D Will was takin' from us on that cold early morning,
It's sad everytime I think of him on the field performing.
His memory will remain strong as long as I'm alive,
Keeping his name in the lights, is for what I will strive.
I get chills and get angry and could run for many a mile,
Each and every time I think of thaqt infectious smile.
You lived life to the fullest, to played every down as the last,
I will always think of you on the days after Christmas pasts.
I still look up and see the stars up in the nights sky,
And think over and over, "Why did D Will have to die?"

Just posted this over on BC. Not my best but it's still early.....hehe

PEACE!!!

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I miss him so much. Can't believe it's been a year already

Retired_Member_001
12-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I was going to post a thread like this as well.

I can't believe it was nearly a year ago. Unlike most people, who hated DWill and then turned him into a god after he died, I had belief in DWill's ability from the start.

RIP DWILL! :salute:

BroncoBJ
12-29-2007, 07:35 AM

I can't believe it was nearly a year ago. Unlike most people, who hated DWill and then turned him into a god after he died, I had belief in DWill's ability from the start.

I agree. I've always liked him.
I talked about him a lot out here and I actually made a bunch of people where I live hate him because of how much I talked about him. Then when he passed I was sad forever. I'm still sad when I think about it. I cant believe its been a year.
This is the fastest a year has ever gone by I think.

BaiLeY324
12-29-2007, 08:46 AM

I cussed at him towards the end of last season. But that's just the way he played, aggressively. Never once though did I doubt his potential. He could have been a star. I would have loved to see him this year, he realistically could have outplayed Champ... Scary right?

Bronco9798
12-29-2007, 09:06 AM
That was a quick year. Seems like yesterday when I heard the news.

pnbronco
12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I will always miss that sweet smile of his. It's hard to believe that it's almost a year now. My way of dealing with my grief was to volunteer for a local charity that works with at risk youths.

BaiLeY324
12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
That was a quick year. Seems like yesterday when I heard the news.

Yeah. Hopefully the next 8 months go that fast

JakeGirl
12-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Bring candles to Invesco New Year's night folks - we can place them in front of the fountain there. Keep the lights burning for Darrent's spirit.....

broncosfanscott
12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I will definatly be thinking of him on New Years Day. It is a shame that he was taken too early.

I am very fortunate I was able to see him live at my first Bronco home game last year returning a pick for a TD.

We all miss you D-Will. "All Ready"

Dean
12-30-2007, 02:16 PM
It is a sad comment on our society that this tragedy not only occurred but that it is not uncommon.

I hate to say it but it looks like the wheels of justice have ground to a stop. I don't see anyone ever being brought to justice for taking this young, promising life. The rights of the accused seem to have over shadowed the rights of the victim and of society to protect itself.

pnbronco
12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Bring candles to Invesco New Year's night folks - we can place them in front of the fountain there. Keep the lights burning for Darrent's spirit.....

Do you know if you can get in on New Years night? They lock the gates and I remember that's why they had the Memorial there in the afternoon last year. I want to stop by but I'm trying to decide what time.

DenBronx
12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
such a sad story. d-will will always be remembered by bronco fans. i will say a prayer for his family today because i know it must be tough for them all.

Dean
01-01-2008, 12:54 PM
On the one year anniversary of this tragedy, I would remind those wish to offer a prayer for his two children, the rest of his familty, and friends. Today must be particularly difficult for them. :salute:

Italianmobstr7
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
R.I.P. D-Will