PDA

View Full Version : Broncos - Chargers Predictions

weazel
10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I see us getting the passing game going this game. We will use the running game early but that will give us the opening to get some balls through the air.

LT has always been a Bronco killer, but LT isn't the same as he used to be. That being said, Sproles is pretty shifty, our D needs to wrap up on the tackes instead of trying to knock the guy out!

I wanna see Rivers on his ass, I hope Doom and the D line can get to him early and often. I can't wait for this game...

Denver 19
SD 13

honz
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Broncos 52
Chargers 3

Book it.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Chris Tanaka

KDVR Denver

4:24 p.m. CDT, October 14, 2009
E-mail Print Share Text Size

DENVER - With the win over the Patriots now in the rearview mirror, the Denver Broncos set their sights squarely on the Chargers. The game will be played in San Diego, on Monday night. Like the Pats game, this one has all the makings of a regular season classic. Like the Pats game, the Broncos are underdogs...again (+3.5).

I don't get it.

The Broncos are 5-0, while the Chargers are 2-2. The Broncos are moving in the right direction, while the Chargers seem listless.

What I do understand is that home teams usually get a standard 3 point edge when the odds are put out, but that didn't stop Vegas from installing the Patriots as 4 ½ point favorites on the opening line.

Clearly, there is a lack of respect for the Broncos nationwide. But the funny thing is, they don't care. Kyle Orton said Wednesday that he couldn't care less how he's perceived across the country (keep in mind, he just beat out Peyton Manning for Offensive Player of the Week honors).

The Broncos don't need petty motivations like 'respect' when gearing up for a game like this, and it shows. It'll also show when they win Monday night, and move to 6-0 on the season.

Here's how they'll do it:

Offensively, the Broncos will use the Chargers' exceptional pass rush and stout corners against them. They'll run their wide outs downfield, and work the slot relentlessly. They'll run up inside, where the Chargers are sorely missing Jamal Williams. They'll control the ball, and score three touchdowns in a game for the first time this season.

Defensively, they'll have their hands full with quarterback Phillip Rivers, but I believe they'll be able to stop the run from a base defense, allowing for better safety help in the passing game. I expect Rivers to hit a home run or two, but he won't be able to sustain anything.

Broncos win 24-20.

weazel
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Broncos 52
Chargers 3

Book it.

you mean they aren't going to destroy New Englands record from yesterday?

I'm pretty disappointed in your lack of confidence honz!

NightTrainLayne
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm worried we come out sluggish for a variety of reasons.

The win over the Patriots was a huge emotional win, and I don't know how much of that kind of emotion we have left in the tank. McD let up on the guys this week, giving them a couple of days off. Did they deserve it? Sure, but I don't know if it will play in our favor, or against us. We'll find out tonight. The Chargers will be amped for it. This is most definitely a "must win" game for the Chargers. They simply cannot afford to fall 3.5 games behind us, at home no less.

I still think we come out on top in this one, but it's going to be hard-fought the whole way, and one bad bounce, or mental error can make the difference either way.

So far those bounces have gone our direction, but had they not, we could easily be sitting here at 2-3 instead of 5-0.

This team will need its best effort yet to win tonight. Good thing is that we haven't seen their best effort yet.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I really worry about this game and what kind of wrinkles the chargers will have for us following a bye week. If they get a gimmic play or two to work I fear the worst.

Denver 20
Chargers 17

sacmar
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Broncos 28 Chargers 10. We'll leave no room for excuses and crying.

topscribe
10-19-2009, 01:58 PM

The win over the Patriots was a huge emotional win, and I don't know how much of that kind of emotion we have left in the tank. McD let up on the guys this week, giving them a couple of days off. Did they deserve it? Sure, but I don't know if it will play in our favor, or against us. We'll find out tonight. The Chargers will be amped for it. This is most definitely a "must win" game for the Chargers. They simply cannot afford to fall 3.5 games behind us, at home no less.

I still think we come out on top in this one, but it's going to be hard-fought the whole way, and one bad bounce, or mental error can make the difference either way.

So far those bounces have gone our direction, but had they not, we could easily be sitting here at 2-3 instead of 5-0.

This team will need its best effort yet to win tonight. Good thing is that we haven't seen their best effort yet.

That's where the extra day and a half toward a Monday game would come in
handy. Had this happened yesterday, I would have worried more in that
respect. Hopefully, they experienced the emotional crash and had time to get
back up for this one . . .

-----

Brand
10-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Where did the Chargers get an "exceptional pass rush"?

Greatspirits
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Bronx - 24
Chargirls - 20

CoachChaz
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
San Diego - 21
Denver - 17

Can't win 'em all

Lonestar
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
24-18 den

DenBronx
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
the chargers have a really easy schedule the rest of the year though. they even play a winless tenn and we dont. they could easily catch up to us if we lose a few games.

we still play pitt, balt, san diego 2x, indy, phi and the giants.

NameUsedBefore
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I have the Broncos slated to win in the pick 'em, but I always choose the Broncos there. Honestly, I think Denver may lose this one as it is in San Diego and because the Chargers have had a knack for making surprise mid-season pushes.

EastCoastBronco
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
I think people are giving the damn Bolts too much credit. They've beaten the Fish and the Faid. I say the D bags a TD tonight and we win by 10.

Denver 27
San Diego 17

DenBronx
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
I have the Broncos slated to win in the pick 'em, but I always choose the Broncos there. Honestly, I think Denver may lose this one as it is in San Diego and because the Chargers have had a knack for making surprise mid-season pushes.

if we do win it will really really help set us apart. then pitt wont seem so bad in denver. i think we lose to indy for sure, to the chargers once, balt and the giants.

CoachChaz
10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Does baltimore really scare anyone?

DenBronx
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM

they do have a good running game with a good defense. the almost and should have beat minn yesterday. if they hit that field goal they win. also mason had too many drops yesterday. so yeah they should have people worried.

NightTrainLayne
10-19-2009, 02:33 PM

Their offense gainst OUR defense? No.

CoachChaz
10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
they do have a good running game with a good defense. the almost and should have beat minn yesterday. if they hit that field goal they win. also mason had too many drops yesterday. so yeah they should have people worried.

However...has there ever been a worse display of tackling than what the Minnesota LB's and DB's put on yesterday? I felt bad for the front four because I dont think any of the back 7 were able to stop ANYONE upon initial contact.

If they actually get a few tackles...that game doesnt come down to a missed field goal.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM

Yes, I still have them in the AFC title game.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
if we do win it will really really help set us apart. then pitt wont seem so bad in denver. i think we lose to indy for sure, to the chargers once, balt and the giants.

I honestly think we just might match up fairly well toe to toe with indy this year. Of course I've been wrong before :)

CoachChaz
10-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, I still have them in the AFC title game.

Even with the #20 defense after 6 games? That's their strongpoint.

DenBronx
10-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Even with the #20 defense after 6 games? That's their strongpoint.

hmm, i thought they were ranked a little higher than that. they did just get done playing cin, san, ne and minn though. all those teams are very capable of putting points on the board no matter what defense.

their schedule is pretty tough after looking at it. i highly doubt they make it to the playoffs.

Crush05
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
34-10 Denver baby!!!!!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM

For the team I don't think beating the Patriots was an emotional win as its been described by a lot people. It wasn't like they were ending a long losing streak to the Patriots. Now if it had been the Colts who face later this year I would agree full hearted. The game against the Patriots was a hard fought game but I don't think it was as emotionally draining to the players as it was to the coach for obvious reasons.

sanluis
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
San Diego Super Chargers by 1 :D

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
San Diego Super Chargers by 1 :D

It should be a good game.

JONtheBRONCO
10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Broncos 52
Chargers 3

Book it.

I mean, I'm sorry but for some reason I think the Broncos are going to kick the Chargers ass tonight.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
However...has there ever been a worse display of tackling than what the Minnesota LB's and DB's put on yesterday? I felt bad for the front four because I dont think any of the back 7 were able to stop ANYONE upon initial contact.

If they actually get a few tackles...that game doesnt come down to a missed field goal.

No doubt, the Vikings had control of that game but the poor tackling allowed the Ravens back into the game. Allen was interviewed after the game and pretty much said the same thing without calling out his teams.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Denver 34

San Diego 13

Canmore
10-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Denver goes to 6-0. Broncos 27-24.:defense:

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Denver 35-16, time to beat THEM down!!!