PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds Henry is back next year?

sneakers
12-27-2007, 07:24 AM
If you had to place a percentage number at the chances of Henry being back next year, what would that be.

I would be more surprised if he was cut than if he stayed with the team next year. 70%

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 07:29 AM
I was hoping the NFL would go ahead and suspend him and it wouldn't be an issue. I'm not too sure of the cap ramifications, but I'd be willing to take somewhat of a cap hit if he was released. He came here with an injury and fumbling reputation and lived up to both of them.

claymore
12-27-2007, 07:34 AM
I wish all contracts were performanced based....... Having said that Henry proved about as much as Earnster did..... I say 30% chance of coming back.

SR
12-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Hopefully he doesn't come back, but just going off of what he showed the first month of the season, I'd say 60/40

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 07:44 AM
We know he does one thing right though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Khouck001/bunch-of-kids.jpg

CoachChaz
12-27-2007, 08:19 AM
100% chance he'll be back. Not that I like it...but it's my gut feeling
________
Sr250 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_SR250)

claymore
12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
100% chance he'll be back. Not that I like it...but it's my gut feeling

Nothing like womens intuition. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I think it is pretty high. Shanny seems high on him. If I had my way it would be 99.9% chance that he is gone.

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm saying 99%. I'll leave the 1% open in the case that he gets in trouble or someone wants to trade for him. He's too good a RB just to get rid of. He'll be back barring unforeseen circumstances.

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I think it is pretty high. Shanny seems high on him. If I had my way it would be 99.9% chance that he is gone.

If anyone is high, I'm sure it's Henry.

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM

Glad you caught on to my post.

Mike
12-27-2007, 09:42 AM

Travis' favorite song....

It's Like, I don't care about nothin man,
roll another blunt, Yea (ohh ohh ohh),
La da da da da da La, Da Daaa,
La da da da, La da da da, La da da daaa

I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
my room is still messed up and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I got high [repeat 3X]

(La da da da da da da da da)

I was gonna go to class before I got high
I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
I am taking it next semester and I know why, (why man?) yea heyy,

I was gonna go to work but then I got high
I just got a new promotion but I got high
now I'm selling dope and I know why (why man?) yea heayy,

I was gonna go to court before I got high
I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high
they took my whole paycheck and I know why (why man?) yea heayy,

I wasn't gonna run from the cops but I was high
I was gonna pull right over and stop but I was high
Now I am a paraplegic and i know why (why man?) yea heayy,
- because I got high [repeat 3X]

I was gonna pay my car note until I got high
I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high
now the tow truck is pulling away and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- because I got high [repeat 3X]

I messed up my entire life because I got high
I lost my kids and wife because I got high
now I'm sleeping on the sidewalk and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,

I'm gonna stop singing this song because I'm high
I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high
and if I dont sell one copy I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I'm high [repeat 3X]

La da da da da da, La da da da, Shoop shooby doo wop.

Get jiggy wit it, skibbidy bee bop diddy do wahhh

- cause I'm high [repeat 3X]

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe it's just me, but surely he is not dumb enough to get caught again. He has to know that he is on his very last chance and that one more joint could end his NFL career. If he just stays clean, he is a damn good RB and there is no reason to get rid of him.

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
It's Like, I don't care about nothin man,
roll another blunt, Yea (ohh ohh ohh),
La da da da da da La, Da Daaa,
La da da da, La da da da, La da da daaa

I was going to run for 1500 yards until I got high
I was gonna play an entire season without getting hurt but then I got high
My stats don't match my salary and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,

I was gonna wear a condom before I got high
I coulda not had eighteen children but I got high
I'm paying forty grand a month in child support and I know why, (why man?) yea heyy,

Fixed your post. :cool:

Mike
12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Fixed your post. :cool:

:laugh:

Rep

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Maybe it's just me, but surely he is not dumb enough to get caught again. He has to know that he is on his very last chance and that one more joint could end his NFL career. If he just stays clean, he is a damn good RB and there is no reason to get rid of him.

You would of thought that the last time. You would also think he would learn that after about 3 or 4 women that you better wear a rubber, but he didn't.

Dreadnought
12-27-2007, 06:28 PM
He's a good, by no means great RB, who

A) Costs us a lot of $;
B) Is brittle; and
C) Is a big time character time bomb.

No thanks, I hope he's gone

Tned
12-27-2007, 06:46 PM
If you had to place a percentage number at the chances of Henry being back next year, what would that be.

I would be more surprised if he was cut than if he stayed with the team next year. 70%

The way I do the math, the Broncos will have to count around $10 million against the cap if they release him, which would include around $3 million in actual cash they would still owe him for the guaranteed portion of his contract ($8.5 million signing bonus, $12 million guaranteed).

Since we don't have the actual details of the contract, the above contains some assumptions, but the point is that it appears to be a sizeable hit.

On the other hand, keeping him would result in about $850k in salary and another $1.7 against the cap from his signing bonus for a total of around $2.5 million counting against the cap if he stays on the roster.

So, it looks like releasing him will count around $7.5 million more against the cap then keeping him, so I just don't see him being released.

G_Money
12-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Yep - you keep Henry and hope he fails another drug test so you can get your bonus money back, and that in the meantime he's healthy and productive. Henry's contract is front-loaded so we can cut him after 3 years with no cap hit, isn't it?

Walker's on more tenuous ground because his contract includes a $4 mil roster bonus for next Spring IIRC, and it might behoove us to try to get him to re-negotiate a bit.

I doubt it would come to cutting him, but even with his return to the field he's stayed the Invisible Man. I don't mind paying a great reciever great money but his knee issues give me a lot of pause.

~G

Skinny
12-27-2007, 07:15 PM
100%.

And seeing how beat up Travis got this season, next year, i'd say Mikey going more with the 2 back system like he did 05' with Anderson/Bell ... may be that high too.

It's about the only way he's going to keep Henry healthy the whole season ...

claymore
12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats how crappy our season has been, we signed a pot smoking RB, that is oft injured, and he is the only guy ever to get out of a hot test.............

Tned
12-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Thats how crappy our season has been, we signed a pot smoking RB, that is oft injured, and he is the only guy ever to get out of a hot test.............

:lol: yea, that does pretty well sum up the season.

I still don't know how they got away with putting in language that if he fails the drug test, he has to return most ($6 million is what I read), because as I read the CBA, it is forbidden to do so.

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 07:26 PM

I still don't know how they got away with putting in language that if he fails the drug test, he has to return most ($6 million is what I read), because as I read the CBA, it is forbidden to do so.

Here is my theory. Maybe it's illegal for the team to put that clause in a contract, but if the agent does it, it's ok. Maybe the agent requested that clause to be put in the contract to show the team that Henry was serious about straightening out his act.

claymore
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM

I have no idea, I would of liked them to put in there that if he stinks, we can get our money back......... The good news, is that our luck has to change eventually.

Tned
12-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Here is my theory. Maybe it's illegal for the team to put that clause in a contract, but if the agent does it, it's ok. Maybe the agent requested that clause to be put in the contract to show the team that Henry was serious about straightening out his act.

Maybe, but the language is something like, "there can be no individually negotiated language that requires a refund of salary or bonus money based on a failed drug test" or something like that.

TXBRONC
12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I would say there is better than a 95% chance that he will be back.

DenBronx
12-27-2007, 08:03 PM
he will be back for sure. 100% chance. he will do better next year guys....our oline was terrible this year.

Italianmobstr7
12-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Henry will probably be back. Shanny backed him, Shanny paid a lot of money to bring him in. I think Henry stays, even though I think our offense is more explosive with Young or Hall.

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Shanny has to save face. Unfortunately, he will be back,

Tned
12-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Shanny has to save face. Unfortunately, he will be back,

That, and it just wouldn't make sense cap wise to release him.

NightTrainLayne
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Barring a failed drug test or some other trouble it is 100% that he will be back.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind having him back. He was exonerated by the NFL. Yes, he hasn't been that productive this season with the injuries, and who knows if he really can make it through an entire season, but considering the cap implications it would be bad business to let him go at this point.

broncogirl7
12-27-2007, 09:27 PM
He will be back, but I just don't see him being an explosive player anymore. I think he will share the field with Young and Hall. Young and Hall will be the predominate players next year.

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey guys and gals...been along time since I have seen many of you, from the other boards...lol.

IMHO, I would not count to much on the team looking very much the same, between Shanahan's comments at the San Diego game and then on Wednesday, his press comments seemed a bit sharp to me, I think he is overly angry with a lot of those on the team and maybe on the staff as well. I will not buy into the talk that Atlanta is seeking him to be the new head coach as of yet, but with all that is wrong right now...if he remains, I see a whole lot of changes, no matter the fiscal restraints.

broncosfanscott
12-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I'd have to say the there is a 80-90% chance he will be back next year. If he does stay hopefully he will remain somewhat healthy and stay clear from smoking pot.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey guys and gals...been along time since I have seen many of you, from the other boards...lol.

IMHO, I would not count to much on the team looking very much the same, between Shanahan's comments at the San Diego game and then on Wednesday, his press comments seemed a bit sharp to me, I think he is overly angry with a lot of those on the team and maybe on the staff as well. I will not buy into the talk that Atlanta is seeking him to be the new head coach as of yet, but with all that is wrong right now...if he remains, I see a whole lot of changes, no matter the fiscal restraints.

I hear what you are saying in general, I just don't see Henry being one of his changes, because of the cap implications. If he releases Henry, then it will hinder his ability to make other offseason changes, because it would result in about $10 million in dead cap money, vs. the $2.5 million against the cap that he would count if Henry is on the roster.

lex
12-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Barring a failed drug test or some other trouble it is 100% that he will be back.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind having him back. He was exonerated by the NFL. Yes, he hasn't been that productive this season with the injuries, and who knows if he really can make it through an entire season, but considering the cap implications it would be bad business to let him go at this point.

Yeah and unfortunately its probably 100% likely he'll be back for the beginning of next year...but watch him get popped a week into the season when we werent smart enough to get another RB.

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I hear what you are saying in general, I just don't see Henry being one of his changes, because of the cap implications. If he releases Henry, then it will hinder his ability to make other offseason changes, because it would result in about $10 million in dead cap money, vs. the $2.5 million against the cap that he would count if Henry is on the roster.

I personally think he should take the boy to IHop feed him till he is about 15lbs. heavier and move him to fullback...lmao. I see the cap issue though, it is always there, I look at Javon and see he will hinder us fiscally as well, but neither have really proven themselves worthy to remain. But things have to change, we have good overall youth, some great veterans at some positions and then high profile slackers in Walker, Henry and Bly, yes...I did say Bly. I think all three of them will be considered Shanahan making bad choices once again, thrown up eventually one day to be used against him as a coach.

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I personally think he should take the boy to IHop feed him till he is about 15lbs. heavier and move him to fullback...lmao. I see the cap issue though, it is always there, I look at Javon and see he will hinder us fiscally as well, but neither have really proven themselves worthy to remain. But things have to change, we have good overall youth, some great veterans at some positions and then high profile slackers in Walker, Henry and Bly, yes...I did say Bly. I think all three of them will be considered Shanahan making bad choices once again, thrown up eventually one day to be used against him as a coach.

I don't see Walker in that category. Last year, with the healthy knee, he was playing great.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I worry about the cap implications a lot, but I don't think the Broncos have to be married to Henry. With the junior value expected to be in the draft at running back, I'd love for us to pick up someone who can help. I just don't enjoy seeing Henry on the field, and I don't enjoy the salary he didn't deserve in the first place.

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't see Walker in that category. Last year, with the healthy knee, he was playing great.

Jefe, I don't think that knee is going to get any better. The word 'microfracture' was thrown around a bit.

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Well actually, so was Henry. He was leading the NFL in rushing . . .

-----

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Jefe, I don't think that knee is going to get any better. The word 'microfracture' was thrown around a bit.

I hadn't seen that, if that is where he's at, then that is bad news. I just didn't think putting him in the slacker category was accurate. I think a guy that isn't producing due to injury is different than a slacker.

I worry about the cap implications a lot, but I don't think the Broncos have to be married to Henry. With the junior value expected to be in the draft at running back, I'd love for us to pick up someone who can help. I just don't enjoy seeing Henry on the field, and I don't enjoy the salary he didn't deserve in the first place.

Felix Jones!!!! Ok, I might be biased by my current Arky home, but the guy is pretty darn good.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I'd take Felix Jones in a heart beat. I've been pretty good at predicting who and what the Broncos will do the past two off-seasons, but with so much up in the air, I don't have a clue. I won't even count out a first round kicker this season. :laugh:

Lancane
12-27-2007, 10:36 PM

T, he has a microfracture...even if he returns he would not likely play until November of 08', the word is that the trainers and coaches think it will be a long-term issue, if not career ending. Walker already knows this, he got his big payday from Denver, he is refusing to restructure and reportedly Denver is thinking of cutting him period because of the injury issue. If it was not that kind of injury, they thought there was a good sign to return and he restructured to help the team, they may have kept him...but right now, I do not see them holding on to Walker IMHO.

lex
12-27-2007, 10:37 PM

No. We should appoint Rashan Salaam as our new running backs coach and send him and Henry to Jamaica for their offseason training program. Along those lines maybe we should also acquire Ricky Williams and put and empty locker aside from a bong and a roach clip between his and Henry's

topscribe
12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
T, he has a microfracture...even if he returns he would not likely play until November of 08', the word is that the trainers and coaches think it will be a long-term issue, if not career ending. Walker already knows this, he got his big payday from Denver, he is refusing to restructure and reportedly Denver is thinking of cutting him period because of the injury issue. If it was not that kind of injury, they thought there was a good sign to return and he restructured to help the team, they may have kept him...but right now, I do not see them holding on to Walker IMHO.

I didn't know all that. Where did you hear all that?

-----

Tned
12-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Glad to see you posting, by the way.

That said, microfacture isn't an injury, but a radical procedure to try and repair a lack of cartilage in the knee. They drill a bunch of little holes in the knee, and then the blood that comes out forms a layer of clots and hopefully acts something like cartilage. Or, something like that. While mostly I have only heard of it being successful (in terms of extending careers) in linemen, a friend was telling me several NBA guys have had it done and returned to play. I don't watch the NBA, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Also, I am not saying he should be kept if injured, I just said I didn't think you putting him in the slacker group was accurate, because being a slacker and unable to perform due to injury are two different things, IMO.

Lancane
12-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Glad to see you posting, by the way.

That said, microfacture isn't an injury, but a radical procedure to try and repair a lack of cartilage in the knee. They drill a bunch of little holes in the knee, and then the blood that comes out forms a layer of clots and hopefully acts something like cartilage. Or, something like that. While mostly I have only heard of it being successful (in terms of extending careers) in linemen, a friend was telling me several NBA guys have had it done and returned to play. I don't watch the NBA, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Also, I am not saying he should be kept if injured, I just said I didn't think you putting him in the slacker group was accurate, because being a slacker and unable to perform due to injury are two different things, IMO.

Henry is in that category then as well, and has been off an on for near seven seasons - besides the drug issues!...lol. Walker has been injured for two of the past three seasons, so I guess I can say he is not a slacker...just not a wise addition, if that is better. At least Walker IMHO is not like Henry in the fact he has been in the league for seven seasons and has actually only finished one entire season, that is sad...and I still can not see why we signed him with that track record!

And glad to be here T...

Lancane
12-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I didn't know all that. Where did you hear all that?

-----

Actually Adam Schefter has reported most of that near a week ago...maybe two now.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I can only hope he won't be back..