PDA

View Full Version : A MUST win this week!!!!!

Crush05
10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
As we all know the talks about needing a win this Monday night against the Chargers. We also would and do need this win as the Raiders and Chiefs picked up wins this weekend. This would give us seperation from San Diego and if by chance these wins for the Raiders and Chiefs some how woke them up we could use the cushion. We have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year. I am not saying we cannot handle our own......but what I am saying is I would gladly take any help we can get. Thoughts......

Shazam!
10-19-2009, 12:54 AM
If the Broncos lose it is not the end of the world. They'd have the bitter taste of a loss in their mouths for two weeks though, and they'll come out of the Bye wit ha chip on their shoulders.

SD is desperate for a win. It won't be easy.

I think they'll pull it off.

Canmore
10-19-2009, 01:05 AM
We need to kick them while they are down. Our upcoming schedule is brutal. We need to win this game.

dogfish
10-19-2009, 01:12 AM
a win would be huge, and i not only want one but expect one. . . but in all honesty, this is more a must-win for them than it is for us. . . beating a new england team that did what it did today showed that we can play with anyone, tough schedule or no-- but a loss will put the sparkies in a huge hole. . .

but with this team i have little fear that we won't match, or more likely exceed their intensity. . . .

ikillz0mbies
10-19-2009, 01:12 AM
It's a divisional game, OF COURSE IT'S A MUST WIN! If somehow the Broncos and Chargers have the same record by season's end, then it comes down to divisional record.

Plus, it's the Chargers and I dislike them. I want the Broncos to crush that team in their own backyard and send Rivers crying home.

Shazam!
10-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Plus, it's the Chargers and I dislike them.

SD has become one of the teams I depsise the most more than anyone for their recent dominance of the broncos and the AFCW. But they have given us a lot to laugh at.

gobroncsnv
10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
No doubt, would love to see Denver whoop up big on SD, to keep them down, beat back all the excuses, but I'm not putting the entire season's emotions and eggs into this one basket.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
a win would be huge, and i not only want one but expect one. . . but in all honesty, this is more a must-win for them than it is for us. . . beating a new england team that did what it did today showed that we can play with anyone, tough schedule or no-- but a loss will put the sparkies in a huge hole. . .

but with this team i have little fear that we won't match, or more likely exceed their intensity. . . .

I agree, the Chargers are in the ones that need this game worse than the Broncos, however I still want Denver to win because of potential implications it has for the remainder of the season.

MasterShake
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
No matter what, you want to win division games. Given the choice between this and the Baltimore game, I'd definitely take a win against SD. Won't be easy, but I think they will pull it off.

broncofaninfla
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Besides it being an all important divisonal game, it's against the Chargers. This team has not only owned us recently but has embarrassed us and thier key players have shown a total lack of class with each victory. I not only want to win, I want to embarrass the Chargers.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Besides it being an all important divisonal game, it's against the Chargers. This team has not only owned us recently but has embarrassed us and thier key players have shown a total lack of class with each victory. I not only want to win, I want to embarrass the Chargers.

I love nothing more for Denver to embarrass the Chargers but I just think it's gong to come down to the wire.

broncofaninfla
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I love nothing more for Denver to embarrass the Chargers but I just think it's gong to come down to the wire.

I agree. I'd take ANY win against them at this point but sure would love to embarrass them like they have us but show more class than they did.

MileHighWrath
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Any game against a division rival is a "must win." That being said, there are a lot of players on this roster that were in that same stadium last year, with me, that endured one of the worse games in Broncos history, needing one win to make the playoffs and being completely embarrassed. I don't imagine they have forgotten it, I haven't forgotten it and I damn sure hope that pay back will indeed be a bitch tonight!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I wonder if any team has ever gone undefeated in their own division?

weazel
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
this isn't a MUST win...

oh the drama!!! LOL

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 11:32 AM

i think the patriots 16-0 reg season would qualify

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Um must win LOL no

A great chance to finish the chuggers yes.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
this is a must win because tonight im having my birthday party and im gonna make loads of awesome "football snacks" and have friends over to celebrate the broncos continued perfect season and my 46th (it was saturday but i postponed til tonight )
the broncos owe me a victory for my bday for sticking by them through thick and thin this year and the 32 years before that ive been a fan !!!!!!:salute::elefant::beer:

NightTrainLayne
10-19-2009, 11:43 AM

And the Dolphins.

And :bigdrumrollplease:

The 1998 Denver Broncos. :D How did any true Bronco fan forget that? :doh:

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Yeah I got to thinking about it and obviously the Patriots and Dolphins have done it.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
i thought we lost to the lowly raiders in 98'?

NightTrainLayne
10-19-2009, 12:33 PM

Nope. NY Giants and Miami, if my memory serves were our only two losses.

OldschoolFreak
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Forget the standings. We need the win to maintain the momentum. The psychological breakdown of recent Broncos teams late in the season is still a very real memory. This is the sort of game we lose in the past. We have to keep the foot on the gas and get this one!

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Forget the standings. We need the win to maintain the momentum. The psychological breakdown of recent Broncos teams late in the season is still a very real memory. This is the sort of game we lose in the past. We have to keep the foot on the gas and get this one!

not to mention what it will do to the chargers frame of mind.....can you say meltdown!
lt will spend the rest of the year sitting on the bench waiting for a trade

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 01:08 PM

That was '97.

sacmar
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
When has there ever been a game that the players go into it saying " we wanna win but if not...ah well. Having fun is most important. There is no such thing as a game that isn't must win.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:59 PM
When has there ever been a game that the players go into it saying " we wanna win but if not...ah well. Having fun is most important. There is no such thing as a game that isn't must win.

apparently the last 3 games of the broncos 08' season:shocked:

Lonestar
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM

MIA and NE for sure..

Crush05
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM
this is a must win because tonight im having my birthday party and im gonna make loads of awesome "football snacks" and have friends over to celebrate the broncos continued perfect season and my 46th (it was saturday but i postponed til tonight )
the broncos owe me a victory for my bday for sticking by them through thick and thin this year and the 32 years before that ive been a fan !!!!!!:salute::elefant::beer:

Where do you live I am on my way!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!

BroncoWave
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM

I would say that happens almost every year.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
I would say that happens almost every year.

I'll bet it doesn't.

BroncoWave
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I'll bet it doesn't.

Undefeated teams in Division since they we re-aligned in 2002:

08: Pitt and Arizona

07: New England

06: none

05: Indy and Seattle

04: Philly

03: none

02: Pitt and Tennessee

It's happened 8 times in the last 7 years and at least 1 team has done it in 5 of those 7 years so yes, I would say my statement was correct.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Um must win LOL no

A great chance to finish the chuggers yes.

I don't know if Denver beats them if it finishes them completely off it sure wont help their cause.

Crush05
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I know every division game is a must win, but my point was is this if San Diego pulls one out of thier bleep are we ready to bounce back. You see we have yet to see what our team does after a loss. I am not saying we are not good enough to bounce back if we did I would just prefer to keep on winning. We win this it will be hard to lose the division. Mark my words tonight if we win the division is ours and we are in the playoffs. Yes I said we will take our division and we will be in the playoffs. Anyone care to react to that? Go Broncos turn off the bolts!!!

NightTrainLayne
10-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I know every division game is a must win, but my point was is this if San Diego pulls one out of thier bleep are we ready to bounce back. You see we have yet to see what our team does after a loss. I am not saying we are not good enough to bounce back if we did I would just prefer to keep on winning. We win this it will be hard to lose the division. Mark my words tonight if we win the division is ours and we are in the playoffs. Yes I said we will take our division and we will be in the playoffs. Anyone care to react to that? Go Broncos turn off the bolts!!!

I concur. :salute: