PDA

View Full Version : Patriots or Giants??

Watchthemiddle
12-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Who do you want to win??

Escobar
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
I want giants to win.

I know giants are going to win.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Patsies will be the victorious...

I have to admit, I'm going to enjoy thinking about the TOTAL letdown Nick Buoniconti and the rest of those idiots are going to have watching 'their' record fall...

http://img1.jurko.net/801627.gif

Cleveland Rocks
12-27-2007, 12:26 AM
I want giants to win.

I know giants are going to win.

I agree

My cousin's husband.

Not sure if there is a term for that.

But anyway, he's a Giants fan.

I hope Eli has the best game of his young career.

MOtorboat
12-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Cleveland is going to choke.

Good luck with that.

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I want the Giants to win, but it will be really hard to do when the Giants don't even play their starters.
What a cake walk schedule for a team that went so far in the playoffs last year.
Pats division opponents 11-34 this year... really touch division

6-9 Bengals
7-8 Eagles
Colts (colts should of won that game)
4-11 Ravens (Ravens should of won that game)

Bronco4ever
12-27-2007, 12:29 AM
I agree

My cousin's husband.

Not sure if there is a term for that.

But anyway, he's a Giants fan.

I hope Eli has the best game of his young career.

Cousin in-law? Sounds good to me.

Cleveland Rocks
12-27-2007, 12:30 AM

Good luck with that.

Talking about my last post a while back - huh?

I think there are a couple ex-Browns with the Giants too....

But the Patriots have a lot of ex-Browns - or at least had. I am pretty sure their GM was with the Browns. Not sure if they have a new GM now though. They might - Bellichick is such a control freak he might even be the GM as well as HC by now.

omac
12-27-2007, 02:14 AM
I want the Pats to win, so that they'll lose in the playoffs. If they lose to the Giants, the Pats will win the superbowl. Weird logic, I know. :D

Cleveland Rocks
12-27-2007, 02:17 AM
I want the Pats to win, so that they'll lose in the playoffs. If they lose to the Giants, the Pats will win the superbowl. Weird logic, I know. :D

Like the 1934 Bears.

Perfect undefeated season only to lose in the NFL Title Game.

I was thinking that would be a fitting end to them. But, now that I think about it. I just want them to lose in the regular season to prove that they are no invincible. Then lose to some playoff bound team. If the Browns would make the playoffs nothing would give me greater satisfaction than if that team was the Browns. Sure, the media would bandwagon. Which is really bad. Well, yea, that is really bad. I hope it isn't the Browns.

Benetto
12-27-2007, 02:34 AM
I have always hated how the 72 dolphins have been soo egotistical about their feat way back when...So deep down I want the Patsies to win on Saturday.

Stargazer
12-27-2007, 03:04 AM
I want the Patriots to beat the NY Giants.

Now, when the playoffs start I hope they lose.

dogfish
12-27-2007, 03:14 AM

Good luck with that.

yea, that's real relevant to this thread. . . .

:rolleyes:

i'd definitely love to see the G-men win-- i dislike the patsies FAR more than the '72 phins-- but it's not happening. . . .

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Patriots win this one easy and will go 19-0 when it is all said and done. Sucks, but it is what it is.

BroncoBJ
12-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I want the Pats to go 19-0 this year.
And then to prove its not a fluke go 19-0 again next year. :salute:

CoachChaz
12-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Part of me would like to see Nick Buonaconte and the other old Dolphins be forced to stick their champagne bottles up their arses.
________
600 (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_600)

WTE
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
i'd definitely love to see the G-men win-- i dislike the patsies FAR more than the '72 phins-- but it's not happening. . . .

How can you dislike the Patriots? That's terrible.

Disliking the Patriots is the same as not liking Santa Claus. :laugh:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/474/billyz5.jpg

Benetto
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM
You likeable Pats fans crack me up.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Part of me would like to see Nick Buonaconte and the other old Dolphins be forced to stick their champagne bottles up their arses.

...then vote New England.

A vote for NE, is a vote for never having to see that bunch of old-farts play this crap again...

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 03:48 PM

That's actually funny...

Retired_Member_001
12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I want the Giants to win and I think the Giants could win if they play it smart.

dogfish
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM

i see bellyache as more the grinch than santa claus. . . .

Medford Bronco
12-27-2007, 05:08 PM
i see bellyache as more the grinch than santa claus. . . .

I thought he was a minister serving Holy Communion on Xmas Eve.

I wish I could photoshop better :laugh:

great coach very very despicable in my eyes

Escobar
12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Patsies will be the victorious...

I have to admit, I'm going to enjoy thinking about the TOTAL letdown Nick Buoniconti and the rest of those idiots are going to have watching 'their' record fall...

http://img1.jurko.net/801627.gif

http://i2.tinypic.com/54inltt.gif

omac
12-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Like the 1934 Bears.

Perfect undefeated season only to lose in the NFL Title Game.

I was thinking that would be a fitting end to them. But, now that I think about it. I just want them to lose in the regular season to prove that they are no invincible. Then lose to some playoff bound team. If the Browns would make the playoffs nothing would give me greater satisfaction than if that team was the Browns. Sure, the media would bandwagon. Which is really bad. Well, yea, that is really bad. I hope it isn't the Browns.

Funny, I think the Browns are the few teams that have a chance to beat them; sure they have weaknesses on defense, but if the high powered offense is clicking, they might be able to stay on pace with the Pats. Also, with their O-line and Lewis, they should be able to rush well against the Pats. They should hope for a snow day, so NE won't pass too well.

WTE
12-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I wish I could photoshop better :laugh:

That's not me photoshopping. That's Sports Illustrated.

That's the actual cover of the most recent SI.

Good ole Belichick said he got a laugh out of it. He's got a great sense of humor.

Medford Bronco
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
That's not me photoshopping. That's Sports Illustrated.

That's the actual cover of the most recent SI.

Good ole Belichick said he got a laugh out of it. He's got a great sense of humor.

Wow SI is too much

I though that was a joke, it looked like a photoshop to me.

Mike
12-28-2007, 11:48 AM
The only time that I will root for the Pats is when/if they play SD. But then I will root for any team to kick the hell out of the overrated Chuggers.

Nomad
12-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Giants play spoilers for the Pats perfect season.

sacmar
12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
As much as i hate em...the pats will win easy and probably have brady pulled during the second half. Wish against them as much as i may but in the end i give them credit for what they've done with so many people against them, no matter how easy a schedule they still have beaten the best out there. Colts, cowboys..

Broncospsycho77
12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
If I know Coach Bellyache and his usual garbage this year, then it won't even be close. Pats will be up 4 TDs going into the 4th. Starters will sit. It will be ruthless, merciless, and painful.

Cleveland Rocks
12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
If I know Coach Bellyache and his usual garbage this year, then it won't even be close. Pats will be up 4 TDs going into the 4th. Starters will sit. It will be ruthless, merciless, and painful.

Then that wouldn't be him up to his usual stuff.

He'll sit the starters - with 2 minutes left in the game. He could be up 56-10 going into the fourth and he'd still play his starters. Oh, and he'd go for it on fourth down.

Broncospsycho77
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Then that wouldn't be him up to his usual stuff.

He'll sit the starters - with 2 minutes left in the game. He could be up 56-10 going into the fourth and he'd still play his starters. Oh, and he'd go for it on fourth down.

Oh my bad, I meant "starters will sit in the 4th". It'll be that bad.

WTE
12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
As much as i hate em...the pats will win easy and probably have brady pulled during the second half. Wish against them as much as i may but in the end i give them credit for what they've done with so many people against them, no matter how easy a schedule they still have beaten the best out there. Colts, cowboys..

Easy schedule? How do you figure? They've beaten plenty of playoff teams and teams that have a legit shot at making it.

SD, Cowboys, Colts, Steelers, Browns, Redskins and tomorrow NYG.

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
How about that.......Hixon returns a kickoff for a TD.

Giants winnng 14-10.

Bronco4ever
12-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Effing Hixon. Why couldn't he do that here?

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm surprised the Giants are playing this well...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Gumbel sucks...he should NOT be calling anything.

claymore
12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Huh, maybe it was the Blocking on ST's that was the demise of hixon............................................

Bronco4ever
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM

He's definitely not qualified to be calling anything. But sometimes his stupidity makes me laugh.

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM

I know. I was hoping that since the games are being broadcasted on NBC and CBS that they would have different announcers. I hope they get somebody to replace him.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah...I'd taken Michaels and fat-man over these idiots.

Collins-worthless isn't much better.

Both annoying...I guess they're the #1 NFLN announcers...

Jody
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM

Yeah....

He needs to stick to announcing for parades.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah....

He needs to stick to announcing for parades.

Ha!

Great call!

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
21-16 Giants at the half...

Mmmm....

Tned
12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I've been watching the game on my laptop/slingbox, with the sound off. Have they talked about whether the starters are likely to be back in the second half?

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I've been watching the game on my laptop/slingbox, with the sound off. Have they talked about whether the starters are likely to be back in the second half?

I don't know...

It's Dumbel and Collins-worthless calling the game...I (literally) muted it long ago...

...morons...

slim
12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, boys...we've got ourselves a game. :beer:

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:56 PM
We sure do...

Flipping back and forth between this and A&M blowing it against the Lions...

Stargazer
12-29-2007, 09:56 PM

No word, but I expect starters out there for both teams in the 2nd half. NY is playing well. And NE is losing.

Though in a meaningless game, NY's C has been possibly lost for the game and maybe next week.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Huh, maybe it was the Blocking on ST's that was the demise of hixon............................................

NS...or the coaching.

Broncospsycho77
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
No word, but I expect starters out there for both teams in the 2nd half. NY is playing well. And NE is losing.

Though in a meaningless game, NY's C has been possibly lost for the game and maybe next week.

The way that center was laying on clinching the ground, that looked way painful.

Stargazer
12-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know...

It's Dumbel..

Quit possibly the worst play by play man in all of sports. Strike that, he is the worst!:tsk:

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I wonder how many of Denver's front 7 are watching this game wishing they could do what the Giant's front 7 are doing...

broncogirl7
12-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I would love to see the Giants win. They look pretty freaking impressive right now.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I would love to see the Giants win. They look pretty freaking impressive right now.

I wouldn't...

But I still love ya.

Broncospsycho77
12-29-2007, 10:05 PM
If the Giants win this one, then the Patriots win the Super Bowl. That's only "if".

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Welker keeps falling down forward while he's running...what's up with that?

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Nice drive Patsies...28-23

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm impressed with the way the Giants are playing. However with some pressure Manning seems to be getting unravelled and the more opportunities Brady gets he will eventually score again.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow...

What redemption for Moss!

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Well Moss made up for that catch he dropped.

And he just passed Rice for the single season TDs for a WR.

Tned
12-29-2007, 10:48 PM
can't believe Moss dropped that first one. The NFL has to be glad that NE decided to go for the perfect season and throw caution, and Brady's body, to the wind.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
What a way to break the single season TD record...

Both passing and receiving.

Impressive...

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Eli sucks...

Reminds me of Jake Plummbor...

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Well that's a game changer and now the Pats have a chance to break this open.

Eli was doing so well.

Tned
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Eli sucks...

Reminds me of Jake Plummbor...

Shame you didn't watch the games Pllummer played in...

I had the sound off, when moss got his 23rd, did Brady break the passing mark. I lost track of where he was coming into the game.

NameUsedBefore
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
No matter who wins, Bryant Gumbel loses.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Lordy...

NE is one good friggin team...

Wow...

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 11:06 PM
This team is just too Damn good.

22 unanswered points from NE. You better play 4 solid quarters on offense and defense to beat this team. If you can't outscore them then you defense better step up.

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Shame you didn't watch the games Pllummer played in...

I had the sound off, when moss got his 23rd, did Brady break the passing mark. I lost track of where he was coming into the game.

Brady broke P.Manning's record with his 50th TD pass

They also broke the record with most points in a season. It is 589 points right now if my math is correct.

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Both records (TD passes single season and TD receptions single season) in the same game, on the same play (I believe).

Brady's record is amazing...

Not to take anything away from Moss, but I'd buy into maybe an asterisk since Rice did it in only 12 games...

Incredible regardless...

broncogirl7
12-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, I am officially bummed. Freaking Eli!!!
Way to come back and win Patriots. I don't like them, but I certainly respect the hell out of them.

broncogirl7
12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Holy crap...touchdown.
Didn't get the onside kick!

Broncolingus
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Salute to the Patsies...

Undefeated season...alot of folks said that in this day and age with FA and such, the Fins record could never be broken.

IF they win the SB, probably the best team ever.

AlWilsonizKING
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stand the Patsies and this whole 16 - 0 bull malarkee!!!!!!!!!

PEACE!!!

broncosfanscott
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Well congrats to NE for going 16-0, yet now they have all the pressure in the world on them in the postseason........can't lose now.

A possible Jacksonville v. NE matchup in the playoffs should be a very interesting one.

broncogirl7
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Congrats Pats, but watch out...
The Giants gave you a major run for the money and I suspect you'll play better teams in the playoffs, soooo it's not a sure thing.

Tned
12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Kind of cool seeing seau walking down the concourse, I guess this really is his 'graduation'.

Brady too, running up and smacking the FB on the back while going to the locker room.

I am impressed that these guys risked the Super Bowl for the perfect seasons.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2007, 11:29 PM
That sucked.

Tned
12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought it was cool. The team risked it all to set history.

Stargazer
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Well this game/season should see how teams with a strong organization should build a potential championship team. And hey, us fans should learn this & bypass those flashy players with the top picks.

OL- Brady has all day to make a pass. NE invest in the line, and they're rewarded.
DL- Stout & strong. Same thing, invest high picks in the line, and they're rewarded. Yes, yes, players bust. But, NE targets both lines with high selections to improve the team.

If the Patriots can have geezers at LB/S(though good) and play well. If you don't have a strong front on the DL NE would be torn apart.

Take a gamble on players, and especially questionable players. Moss for a 4th. Great players make great plays. Signing Stallworth(or was it a trade/thinking #3) to add to the WR corps. Shipping a #2 pick for Wes Welker & a modest contract. He solves the slot, KR/PR. Very surprised the Dolphins let him go, but hey the replace him with a #9 overall selection of Ginn. Not smart Dolphins.

Damn good organization top to bottom that knows how to build a team with a salary cap. If a player isn't worth signing to an extension, trade him or let him go. Heck, even if he leaves most likely a comp pick will come next year. Just a well run team NE is.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Well this game/season should see how teams with a strong organization should build a potential championship team. And hey, us fans should learn this & bypass those flashy players with the top picks.

OL- Brady has all day to make a pass. NE invest in the line, and they're rewarded.
DL- Stout & strong. Same thing, invest high picks in the line, and they're rewarded. Yes, yes, players bust. But, NE targets both lines with high selections to improve the team.

If the Patriots can have geezers at LB/S(though good) and play well. If you don't have a strong front on the DL NE would be torn apart.

Take a gamble on players, and especially questionable players. Moss for a 4th. Great players make great plays. Signing Stallworth(or was it a trade/thinking #3) to add to the WR corps. Shipping a #2 pick for Wes Welker & a modest contract. He solves the slot, KR/PR. Very surprised the Dolphins let him go, but hey the replace him with a #9 overall selection of Ginn. Not smart Dolphins.

Damn good organization top to bottom that knows how to build a team with a salary cap. If a player isn't worth signing to an extension, trade him or let him go. Heck, even if he leaves most likely a comp pick will come next year. Just a well run team NE is.

well said and true..

great post Stargazer :salute:

BroncoBJ
12-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Did anyone think the Giants would win? Besides Escobar.. but he picked the Bills to beat them too. :lol:

The Pats know when to turn the on the switch.
Thier always good after the bye week so I dont expect them to lose in the 2nd round.
Plus thier always good in the playoffs.
16-0 is 16-0.

Congrats to them. :salute:

Broncospsycho77
12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
You know what really sucks? They're also gonna get a top 10 draft pick. So imagine the Patriots, and then throw in maybe a Darren McFadden or special teams playmaker. It's not even fair anymore.

BroncoBJ
12-30-2007, 02:45 PM
You know what really sucks? They're also gonna get a top 10 draft pick. So imagine the Patriots, and then throw in maybe a Darren McFadden or special teams playmaker. It's not even fair anymore.

Yea... Good thing the 9ers have won like 2 out of 3. :lol:

But it is pretty sick.
And the Pats have to play the NFC and AFC West next year. So thats 8 more wins plus the 6 in thier own division.
SO 14 more wins right there.
Then they have the Steelers and Colts.

What if they go 16-0 back to back years? :lol: