PDA

View Full Version : Champ's Covg Assignment?

ydave77
10-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey..just hoping someone could answer a question for me...
I dont live in Denver, so dont get to watch too many games...

I know in yrs past with other D- Coordinators we;ve had champ play one side of the field, but not necessarily shadowing the opponents top WR. Under Nolan has Champ still been playing a particular side, or is he locking up the #WR?

I saw him covering Moss some against the Pats, and seemed like he had Welker a few times...so that makes me think maybe he is still just taking one side of the field.

Reason I ask is...it would be great if we could lock down Vincent Jackson this wknd, bc with SD's running game anemic to this pt, and no other wide receiver really making plays, it would really help contain the SD offense.

Appreciate the help...

Zweems56
10-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey..just hoping someone could answer a question for me...
I dont live in Denver, so dont get to watch too many games...

I know in yrs past with other D- Coordinators we;ve had champ play one side of the field, but not necessarily shadowing the opponents top WR. Under Nolan has Champ still been playing a particular side, or is he locking up the #WR?

I saw him covering Moss some against the Pats, and seemed like he had Welker a few times...so that makes me think maybe he is still just taking one side of the field.

Reason I ask is...it would be great if we could lock down Vincent Jackson this wknd, bc with SD's running game anemic to this pt, and no other wide receiver really making plays, it would really help contain the SD offense.

Appreciate the help...

As I recall, Coach said that Champ is comfortable on one side of the field, and Goodman is comfortable on the other. Both of them have always played a half, and they both played opposite halves, so it was a logical choice to have them each cover their respective halves.

Nomad
10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Vincent Jackson must be shut-down (he burned us many times), but it begins with pressuring Rivers. Champ would be the guy to do it!!

gobroncsnv
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I think I've only seen Champ cover one guy exclusively, and that was against Gonzales a few years back... Other than that, he pretty much plays left CB for us. Period. Does pretty well when his hammies aren't pulled, if I recall correctly...
Just whack Phyllis a few times, we're good to go.

EastCoastBronco
10-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Just whack Phyllis a few times, we're good to go.

Couldn't have said it better myself.