PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Thread 10/19/09: Denver @ San Diego

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Here we go ladies and gentlemen. Challenges get tougher every week but hopefully the good guys (the Broncos) will come out on top. Let's hope they come out cocked, locked, and ready to rock. Here's to good game, no injuries and a Denver Broncos win! :beer:

:grillin:

Jaws
10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Broncos can win this one. How sweet that sounds. To be going to SD with a team that's capable of beating them, I didn't think we'd be in this position before the season started. How I wish the game were being shown over here. I can't believe that none of the channels, not even satellite tv are showing MNF this season. Anyway, let's hope I wake up to some great news tuesday morning of a victory! GO BRONCOS. You can do it!

Reidman
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!

This isn't the same cookie cutter team that has faced them in recent years. We have a defense and now an offense that's starting to get on track with each other. I can't wait for this game. Sucks that I'll miss the first hour or so but I take what I can get!

:defense::salute:

Sparkie
10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I know we CAN beat the Bolts this time around.
I also know THEY could beat us - **IF** they pull all their stops out and play 120%.
Sproles is a player I admire. Rivers I definitely *don't* admire - but he could be dangerous.
So here's to a good game - closer than last time and, please God, no injuries.

:salute: :defense:

Brand
10-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh for Goodnes sakes!!!! The bolts nearly lost to the Faiders. They crumbled to the Steelers, and the Crows crapped on them. They are not the best team out there.

The chargers are toast, and Norv will get axed later this year. That team is done and the window of opportunity has closed......

LECONA1980
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I CANT WAIT TILL TOMORROW ALOT OF MY FFRIENDS ARE CHARGER FANS AND THEY TELL ME BRONCOS ARE GETTING BEAT MONDAY NIGHT BUT THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND OUR TEAM IS 100% STRONG OFFENSE AND :defense:

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh for Goodnes sakes!!!! The bolts nearly lost to the Faiders. They crumbled to the Steelers, and the Crows crapped on them. They are not the best team out there.

The chargers are toast, and Norv will get axed later this year. That team is done and the window of opportunity has closed......

The Chargers will come into this game with confidence and rightly so after what they have done to us the last three years. This isn't going to be a cake walk.

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll be there. I'm expecting a hard fought game and hoping for a Broncos victory to drive home with.

girler
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
It will be a game, but the Broncos are going to WIN! I can't see how we could come out of Qualcomm with a L this week. It's not in the cards this time...

:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
It will be a game, but the Broncos are going to WIN! I can't see how we could come out of Qualcomm with a L this week. It's not in the cards this time...

:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

The Chargers are hurting on defense and their running game hasn't been all that good either, but they are at home, their backs are against the wall, and this series of late has been a one sided affair that unfavorable to us.

I think the defense is capable of handling the Chargers offense, but I sure would like to see our offense put points to match their offensive output.

ssgtwc
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM

To me it doesn't matter how these teams are doing. Inner division games are always nail biters IMO

gobroncsnv
10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Here's to good game, no injuries and a Denver Broncos win! :beer:

:grillin:

At least want to see some wounded egos in the blue and yellow...

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 09:46 PM

I was thinking about the Broncos not getting injured, not that I'm wishing anyone on the other side to get seriously injured. Certainly severally wounded egos on the San Diego side of the ball wont cause me to shed a tear.

girler
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM

egos AND eggos. :heh:

gobroncsnv
10-18-2009, 10:02 PM
now you're just waffling... (sorry...)

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
now you're just waffling... (sorry...)

Now you have egg on your face. :D

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:32 AM
BRONCOS must win this game tonight, anything else will be a huge disappointment and no excuse can justify the lose. Chargers have owned the BRONCOS and with the BRONCOS new direction comes new results which means beating the Chargers. I don't expect the BRONCOS to win every game but I do expect them to give us their best game tonight and win. We'll find out!

GO BRONCOS!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 07:51 AM
BRONCOS must win this game tonight, anything else will be a huge disappointment and no excuse can justify the lose. Chargers have owned the BRONCOS and with the BRONCOS new direction comes new results which means beating the Chargers. I don't expect the BRONCOS to win every game but I do expect them to give us their best game tonight and win. We'll find out!

GO BRONCOS!

I wouldn't call this a must win game, but I sure do want to them to win and send a message to the Chargers and their fans that times have changed.

Mods could we please get a sticky for this thread? :D

Az Snake
10-19-2009, 08:08 AM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

red98
10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
This would be a great game to improve on the one team stat that we are weak in: Scoring. (23rd)

Orton has the glove off and seems to have his recievers on the same page with him.

Moreno is progressing well and Bucky will be back to spell him.

The Chargers D is weak, it's MNF so a national stage, it's a division game.

This should be the game the Broncos show they can put up 30 on the road.

Broncos 34
Chargers 17

I'm psyched for this game big time! I want revenge!

threefolddead
10-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Man I love MNF and what I love more is a divisional smack down which I hope happens tonight. Sure SD had a bye but the game plan is this ever changing animal so I'm excited to see what can happen tonight. Plus a lot of my family are Chargers fans and I've been in the midst of some bets and smack talk so a whoopin would be wonderful. My uncle took my Broncos sweatshirt and put it on a haloween skeleton and hung it in his front yard. Awfully sweet of him.

Traveler
10-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I seriously don't know what to expect tonight. Even with all the problems SD has right now, they are an opponent that seems to have our number. Their defense seems to match up well against our former offense under Shanahan.

Now that we have new schemes, we should match up just as well against them.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I seriously don't know what to expect tonight. Even with all the problems SD has right now, they are an opponent that seems to have our number. Their defense seems to match up well against our former offense under Shanahan.

Last night Vic said that Coach McDaniels said that he feels it will be very hard for SD to game plan for us, as everything for us is NEW this year - new coaches, new players, and new schemes. The Broncos are nothing like SD has seen in previous years/games. Let's hope so.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM

I think it's reasonable expectation to believe this game isn't going to be like the last three years in San Diego regardless of the outcome.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
This will be a very hard game to win on Monday night, vs the chargers on the road, them coming off a bye week.

Then you have Norv Turner who is the greatest asset we have in this game LMAO The man knows how to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:03 AM
This will be a very hard game to win on Monday night, vs the chargers on the road, them coming off a bye week.

Then you have Norv Turner who is the greatest asset we have in this game LMAO The man knows how to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Even though the Chargers have been one dimensional on offense and depleted on defense Denver can't afford make a lot of mistakes.

I can not Rivers but the guy is a good quarterback that can beat the Broncos if they make to many mistakes.

Traveler
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Even though the Chargers have been one dimensional on offense and depleted on defense Denver can't afford make a lot of mistakes.

I can not Rivers but the guy is a good quarterback that can beat the Broncos if they make to many mistakes.

Credit where credit is due. Rivers is a good QB and seems to make plays when they need them.

topscribe
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I look for SD's defense to be better than it has been. Ditto its running game.

But on defense, they still have Denver's O-line to contend with. Denver's
receivers, with the return of B-Marsh, are at least on a par with SD's, and Orton
has so far been Rivers' peer at QB. Moreover, Denver has regained its running
excellence, and Bucky is back, while SD has a weakness that plays right into
their hands: right down the middle with the absence of SD's NT, who some
believe was the best player on SD's defense.

On offense, while I said SD would be "better" at running, I did not say they
would yet be "good," especially against the Broncos. SD's center is out, if my
information is correct, and Denver has been stellar against the run: not a good
combination for the Chargers.

Of course, SD's passing game is potent, to say the least. However, while I
rate the Chargers' receivers even with the Broncos (mostly because of Gates),
Denver has a better secondary, and Denver's LBs and D-line are healthy. If
Denver can make SD go one-dimensional, I don't see how SD can pull off a
win, unless it is from sheer home-field emotion.

I believe the STs are probably a wash, so I won't spend any time there.

Denver 31, San Diego 17

-----

Watchthemiddle
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I am so excited for this game tonight. Is the day dragging for anyone else?

The only problem with being so excited for this game is the let down that has followed me in the past. I load up my beverages and snacks, don my gear only to be let down at the end game result.

I do feel differently this year.

I don't feel its a must win, but I sure do want to send a hefty message to the Bolts and the NFL.

No doubt in my mind that McDaniels will have this team up and ready to play this game (unlike last time we traveled to SD). I would guess its going to be a 50/50 game like it usually is in SD as far as fans go. 50% Bronco fans, 50% Bolts fans.

I'm not worried about our run D. Its great and SD is 32nd in the league in rushing. HOwever, if we let RIvers sit back there all day, he could get on a roll and pick us apart. I don't see it though.

GO BRONCOS!!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Credit where credit is due. Rivers is a good QB and seems to make plays when they need them.

Yep and talk smack like no other quarterback I've ever seen before.

NorthernLights
10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Good luck tonight Bronco fans. Let's hope for a great game between two old rivals and no injuries.

My Bolts need to win to keep up with the fast start of the Broncos, so we'll see if they're up for it. Take care and enjoy.

NL

NorthernLights
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Yep and talk smack like no other quarterback I've ever seen before.

Rivers recognized the bad pub he was getting and quieted down. There wasn't a single instance last year nor this year, so you have to go back to '07. He learned his lesson.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey NL how health is LT really?

honz
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Phyllis Rivers is going to get rocked tonight.

NorthernLights
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey NL how health is LT really?

I was at the Pittsburgh game and the 3 times that he actually touched the ball, he looked good. Between very poor OL play and going against very good rush defenses, the Bolts haven't done well at all.

With the Broncos ranked #9, it will be a good test. Looking forward to it.

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I was at the Pittsburgh game and the 3 times that he actually touched the ball, he looked good. Between very poor OL play and going against very good rush defenses, the Bolts haven't done well at all.

With the Broncos ranked #9, it will be a good test. Looking forward to it.

I bag on LT alot but he is one of the few players on a division rival that I respect. A class act all the way.

That said if we are to stay in the game tonight IMO we must make the Chargers one diminsional by stopping the run early or they will light it up at home.

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Rivers recognized the bad pub he was getting and quieted down. There wasn't a single instance last year nor this year, so you have to go back to '07. He learned his lesson.

I stand corrected. :salute:

NorthernLights
10-19-2009, 01:08 PM
I bag on LT alot but he is one of the few players on a division rival that I respect. A class act all the way.

That said if we are to stay in the game tonight IMO we must make the Chargers one diminsional by stopping the run early or they will light it up at home.

Knowing Norv, he will try and feed the ball to LT 20 to 25 times. I can see it now, first offensive play will be a hand-off to LT over the left side for 1 or 2 yards, tops. 2nd and 8, screen right to LT for 3 yards. Now 3rd and 5, a 60 yard bomb to Jackson, incomplete, punt.

I can say with the a resonable amount of confidence because I've seen it every game for the last 2 plus years. It's gets really old.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
knowshon is ready to supplant LT as the dominant rusher in the afcw !
i want to see knowshon break a buck fity with 3td's:elefant:
here's to a great game with lots of points (all broncos ):beer:

here we go broncos.......HERE WE GO !

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Knowing Norv, he will try and feed the ball to LT 20 to 25 times. I can see it now, first offensive play will be a hand-off to LT over the left side for 1 or 2 yards, tops. 2nd and 8, screen right to LT for 3 yards. Now 3rd and 5, a 60 yard bomb to Jackson, incomplete, punt.

I can say with the a resonable amount of confidence because I've seen it every game for the last 2 plus years. It's gets really old.

Maybe he thinks the Chargers are the '93 Cowboys? :whoknows:

weazel
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM

I have to admit, I don't hate the guy like I used to. He is definitely a very skilled player.

broncophan
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Enjoy the game tonight everyone...

GO BRONCOS!!!

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I have to admit, I don't hate the guy like I used to. He is definitely a very skilled player.

Im obviously not fan of the guy but once I realized what a mangina Cutler is it put the whole arguing during the game into a new light for me.

scottieboy561
10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
score predictions? im also pissed i wont be getting off work till 9 so i am gonna miss some of the 1st quarter

weazel
10-19-2009, 01:28 PM

NL, LT has always been a Bronco killer. Even with diminished skills and the teams lack of confidence in using him I can still see him doing well against us. We as Broncos fans have seen that a lot and it also gets very old.

weazel
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
score predictions? im also pissed i wont be getting off work till 9 so i am gonna miss some of the 1st quarter

I created a thread...

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM

quit !

Sparkie
10-19-2009, 01:54 PM
confession time: i've been feeling sh*t scared about this game. :foilhat:

However ...

just read the article Carol linked to about Brian Dawkins. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73334

Heartened hugely.

:strongy:

(thankyou Carol & B-Dawk!) :tea:

Gonna get some early rest & shuteye before what will be a middle-of-the-night game for us here in the UK.

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!

:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

LawDog
10-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Here's hoping for a strong outing by our beloved broncos...

Mike
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Im obviously not fan of the guy but once I realized what a mangina Cutler is it put the whole arguing during the game into a new light for me.

I agree about Cutler, but Rivers is still a db that I hope gets the crap knocked out of him.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I want this game to start damnit!

I know a couple from Australia that got tickets to this tilt during their time in SD. Needless to say I'm incredibly jealous and contemplated hiding in their suitcases and stealing one of those tickets.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't call this a must win game, but I sure do want to them to win and send a message to the Chargers and their fans that times have changed.

Mods could we please get a sticky for this thread? :D

You're right TX!! This game isn't a "must-win" (sure would be nice to have a game up on SD as far as record goes) but for us fans this game is a BRONCOS must win. I hope McDaniels didn't exhaust his motivation last week to be able to thump his chest at Belichick only to have a Patriots hangover!!

I agree WTM! I really haven't been excited yet this year except for tonight's game. With the new BRONCOS, I hope we have turned the corner and beat the living crap out of the Chargers. If we lose it'll be a hard pill to swallow!! Now if the BRONCOS would have been sucking from day one, I would have a totally different mindset. The BRONCOS have a team worth bragging about and tonight I want them to show us why because if not all we are going to here is the 5-0 BRONCOS couldn't get past their nemesis!!

sanluis
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Just stopping by to say good luck tonight!

Your team sure is better than I thought it was going to be this year. Top to bottom they have been very impressive.

The key for my Chargers is to create some turnovers, stop the rush attack, and Keeping Bmarsh off the field and LT on. :D

Good luck again!! :beer::beer::beer:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Just stopping by to say good luck tonight!

Your team sure is better than I thought it was going to be this year. Top to bottom they have been very impressive.

The key for my Chargers is to create some turnovers, stop the rush attack, and Keeping Bmarsh off the field and LT on. :D

Good luck again!! :beer::beer::beer:

And I'm hoping we get pressure on Rivers so he doesn't slice us up as usual! Contain your ST, Chargers have had excellent field position on KO and PR, and lastly your run game as always been solid against the BRONCOS, no matter who's at back. I don't know how many 'first times' LT has had against us.:tsk:

:beer:here's to a good game and no injuries and a BRONCOS win...right:D

Dortoh
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Whats up with all the class act Charger fans around here. Dont we have any douchebag chugger fans on this site?

girler
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Whats up with all the class act Charger fans around here. Dont we have any douchebag chugger fans on this site?

Not anymore. :tsk: They're all askeered to come over this year. :noidea: :confused:

NorthernLights
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Give it some time, they will be around. Unfortunately.

Slick
10-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm going to miss my first gameday thread all year. No ESPN here and Mom's in town. She's got a pork tenderloin marinating and some other goodies so I've been told, plus a 60" Samsung with Dish Network coming from the States. Have a good evening everyone. Hopefully we'll be handing out high 5's like Halloween candy after this one.

Go Broncos!

Overtime
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Just about time for the Broncos to kick some Charger ass.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
CRAP! Golic picked the BRONCOS!! The ******* jinxed us!!

sneakers
10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Broncos Beets Battlestar Galactica

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
TJ just said the BRONCOS need some cryptonite against Sproles, hate to say he's right!

Tned-Mobile
10-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Looks like i'm going to watch the game tape deelayed on the DVR. Took almost an hour and a half to get through customs/immigration and baggage. Probably won't get home until 8:00 CDT or a little after.

We make good time, maybe I will catch up to live Tv at halftime.

Enjoy the game and here's hoping for an injury free win!!!!

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 06:15 PM
TJ just said the BRONCOS need some cryptonite against Sproles, hate to say he's right!

naw, just have to do 2 things, CATCH him and HIT him! Hopefully we will contain him this time.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks like i'm going to watch the game tape deelayed on the DVR. Took almost an hour and a half to get through customs/immigration and baggage. Probably won't get home until 8:00 CDT or a little after.

According to your time on top of the page, the game doesnt start till 8:30 CDT!!

girler
10-19-2009, 06:18 PM

Your travel peeps really need to be more cognizant of the Broncos games. :tsk:

We'll keep your seat open and ready for you! :salute: Hurry home, and Be Safe!!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Conflicting times:confused:, when does the game start...in 1 hour or 2 hours??

Tned-Mobile
10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Its MnF, which starts at 7:30 CDT. If the countdown maybe wrong. I'm on the phone and worker friendly, so I can't see it.

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 06:35 PM
It starts in 1 hour.

dogfish
10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
let's get it OOOOON!!

:woot::woot:

Tned-Mobile
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
i need a rain delay. Someone get Crash Davis on the job...

Overtime
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
dang they just said on Espn that an employee fell 30 feet from the Broncos press box at Qualcomm Stadium.

He apparently slipped, and fell out of the press box, and landed 30 feet below the press box. he was revived, and had a pulse and a heartbeat and is being taken to the hospital.

hope that guy is alright.

sneakers
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
dang they just said on Espn that an employee fell 30 feet from the Broncos press box at Qualcomm Stadium.

He apparently slipped, and fell out of the press box, and landed 30 feet below the press box. he was revived, and had a pulse and a heartbeat and is being taken to the hospital.

hope that guy is alright.

Some of those inclines on stadiums are really steep angles.....remember the right field upper deck in old yankee stadium? Looking at it, it seemed as if it was a 45 degree angle.

BroncoWave
10-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow, anyone just see that fight before the game?

Denver Native (Carol)
For all who can, turn on ESPN - they just showed a scuffle break out between the Broncos/Chargers 40 mins. before the game, and the referees had to break it up. They are going to go to the announcers for more information on this.

Zweems56
Anyone just see the face to face time we had with the chargers on the sideline? I think they're going to see what caused it on ESPN and get back to us.

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM

For all who can, turn on ESPN - they just showed a scuffle break out between the Broncos/Chargers 40 mins. before the game, and the referees had to break it up

Bugger you two =p

EastCoastBronco
10-19-2009, 06:57 PM
ECB reporting for duty. Probably not going to post much. Just wanted to let you know this end of the continent is covered...

Lock and load, boys!

Overtime
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM

looks like the Broncos are fired up and ready to punch the Sparklers and Quivers in the mouth after last year's debacle at Qualcomm.

Time for some payback biznatches.

I gotta give a thumbs up to Merriman though for acting like a leader and keeping his guys in check and pushing them backwards. Very classy.

Rivers needs to shut his pie hole...I dunno what the hell that choad is mouthing about, but Elvis is gonna make him his personal bitch tonight.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
hopefully then the BRONCOS play with alot of intensity and aggression but keep their cool to avoid needless penalties or ejections!!

BroncoWave
10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Looks like Shawn Phillips started it. What a douche

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Bah, I couldnt see the number fast enough, but some Charger ran up to us and started yelling "This is our house." That was the start of it.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Sean Phillips yapping his mouth trying to start crap.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Bah, I couldnt see the number fast enough, but some Charger ran up to us and started yelling "This is our house." That was the start of it.

guess someone forgot to tell him we're repossessing it tonight.

not to mention IT'S OUR HOUSE because we won the Super Bowl there in 1997. :elefant:

elfiero
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
If anyone needs to watch the game online you can go herehttp://www.livetvstreaming.net/
The game links are toward the bottom of the home page.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:07 PM
22 min until showtime!!!! GO BRONCOS!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Sean Phillips yapping his mouth trying to start crap.

What an IDIOT - does he NOT think that will fire up the Broncos??????

broken12
10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
touchy

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
What an IDIOT - does he NOT think that will fire up the Broncos??????

OR it could fire up his teammates....we'll find out soon who came to play!! Hopefully it's what you said!!:D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 07:12 PM
OR it could fire up his teammates....we'll find out soon who came to play!! Hopefully it's what you said!!:D

Coach McDaniels will get every mile out of what that IDIOT did.:D And I also expect Dawkins to use it.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
ESPN needs to get their signal issues resolved, my tv keeps freezing and it's not my equipment.

EPSN....C'Mon Man!!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I wonder if Gaffney's twisted socks has caught on with the rest of the team! As detailed as McDaniel's is I'm surprised he doesn't make everyone be uniform!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I wonder if Gaffney's twisted socks has caught on with the rest of the team! As detailed as McDaniel's is I'm surprised he doesn't make everyone be uniform!!

In the Brian Dawkins article I posted today, this was also said about Coach McDaniels:

"In the Mike Shanahan era, no Broncos player got two lockers. And McDaniels has gone to great lengths to establish a team-before-self mentality in his first year with the Broncos, even going so far as to trade away an obstinate young quarterback to prove it.

One player has received the privilege of a second locker, though, and it happens to be Dawkins. In one, he keeps his jerseys, shoes, helmet, football gear and clothes. The other is a shrine containing more than two dozen "Wolverine" figurines on the top shelf and texts relating to the Good Book on the bottom."

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
TJ's hilarious!!!! "Just roll it over, you know who I'm going with... the BRONCOS!!:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
:salute:GO BRONCOS:salute:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
If feel a KRTD for the BRONCOS in this game!. It's been since 98 so GO BRONCOS!!!

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
let's kick some baby back bitch ass!!!

Tned-Mobile
10-19-2009, 07:32 PM
ok, i'm off now, til i get home. Lets go Broncos.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Screw Chucky and his boys!!

WTE
One player has received the privilege of a second locker, though, and it happens to be Dawkins. In one, he keeps his jerseys, shoes, helmet, football gear and clothes. The other is a shrine containing more than two dozen "Wolverine" figurines on the top shelf and texts relating to the Good Book on the bottom."

That's really cute. I always understood Josh was very sentimental.

In fact, I heard he still sleeps in his Patriots bedroom set with Patriots sheets, comforter and his matching Patriots pajamas.

Den21vsBal19
Let's go BRONCOS!!!!!!:rockon:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
That's really cute. I always understood Josh was very sentimental.

In fact, I heard he still sleeps in his Patriots bedroom set with Patriots sheets, comforter and his matching Patriots pajamas.

That's funny!!:laugh:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Ronnie Lott would be one of the most penalized player in today's NFL though he was a awesome hitter!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I remember that game what a heartbreaker!!

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Ronnie Lott would be one of the most penalized player in today's NFL though he was a awesome hitter!!
I think Atwater & Smith would have been right alongside him ;)

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Holding breath!!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Stuffed Sproles! Good sign!!

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
:defense::defense::defense::defense:

Nomad
3 and out!!!!!:defense:

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense::defense::defense:

Overtime
Rivers IN-COM-PLETE!!!!

soonerjh
can't WAIT till they sack him!!!

Tempus Fugit
Very good first series for the Broncos

girler
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I am sending "loose a tooth" juju to Rivers tonight!!!

WTE
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Orton showing some happy feet on that 1st pass attempt.

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
let's go E-Roy!!! I need fantasy points from you tonight!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Marshall is $$

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
the Buck is back!

Foley11
10-19-2009, 07:49 PM
playing field position game.

WTE
10-19-2009, 07:49 PM
That was great pressure by the SD defense!

Wow!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Orton is going to have to be quicker when SD brings the jailbreak!!

girler
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
So who was involved in the pre-game "scuffle?"

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
So who was involved in the pre-game "scuffle?"
Looked like pretty well everyone :lol:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Both teams playing with alot of intensity, it'll come down who makes the least mistakes ie tackling and turnovers

Gotta cover guys!!

girler
10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Sparkler Sammich!

WTE
10-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow!

Did Rivers read the blitz or what???

Nomad
That's how you do it orton!! Crap come on :defense:

WTE
OMG!!!

Shovel pass to LT!!

WTE
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
R U Kidding Me???

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
damn,....that was just lucky on Rivers part. he was about to be sacked.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 07:57 PM
WOW! Deja vu!!

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Get Dawkins back in!

Overtime
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
looked like Dawkins pulled a hammy.

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
looked like Dawkins pulled a hammy.

Likely just cramping based on the way he's pounding back Gatorade on the sideline right now.

nevcraw
10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
need to holdem to 3!!!!!

hamrob
So far...doesn't look good for us! Let's hope we can hang tonight!

soonerjh
good stop!

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
LT is pissed. I hope it makes him cry instead of fueling him. They yanked him on 3rd and goal from the 2 and ran it with sproles.

Overtime
way to go Defense!!!!!!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
3 is OK :defense:

Nomad
Good stand defense! Adjust for the next series!

Offense do your damn job and put points on the board!!

nevcraw
come on LT blow a gasket please!!

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2009, 08:03 PM
good stop!
Moral victory.................need to reply on this drive

Nomad
LT is pissed. I hope it makes him cry instead of fueling him. They yanked him on 3rd and goal from the 2 and ran it with sproles.

Really he had the momentum!! Thanks Norv!!

WTE
Ist qtr 4:51

Denver 0

SD 3

It looks like Norv pissed off LT.

LT looks pissed. A pissed off LT ain't good for Broncos fans.

Overtime

I hope Dawkins knocks him and that midget Sproles out of the game with vicious helmet to helmet hits.

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes!

soonerjh
yeah Baby! Edddddddie!!!!!!!!!

nevcraw
what an answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girler
There's my BABY!!!!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I called it woot!:elefant: hey DN

BroncoWave
EDDIE ROYAL!!!!

Whoever called that KRTD before the game, good job!

Overtime
oh ya baby!!!!!!!!!!! Eddie ******* Royal!!!!!!!!!!! TD!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS:salute:

:salute:EDDIE:salute:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
:elefant::elefant:

Zweems56
I would have preferred a long sustained drive by the offense.... The D is going to be tired after that... especially any of them that were just on kickoff return.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
EDDIE ROYAL!!!!

Whoever called that KRTD before the game, good job!

That'd be ME!!! Duece of Club end your thread!!!

Foley11
Nice return. Defense back on field.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
What a return by Royal!

That's what I'm talking about!

Keep it up boys.

Zweems56
So my girlfriend just yells at the screen "Suck on THAT, TOMILSON!"

My response "Tom-lin-son, dear. Tomlinson."

UnderArmour
I would have preferred a long sustained drive by the offense.... The D is going to be tired after that... especially any of them that were just on kickoff return.

Well then they'll have to force a turnover so they can get back on the bench! :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM

:salute::salute::salute:

topscribe
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
----------

Overtime
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM

yeah but you were wrong on one part...you said it was 98 the last time? actually it was Deltha O'Neal in 2000.

nevcraw

LOL>>

but you'll take it right?

Den21vsBal19
Great return by Royal :rockon:

LT didn't look amused on the sideline :lol:

nevcraw
10-19-2009, 08:09 PM
have to defend those screens.......

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
yeah but you were wrong on one part...you said it was 98 the last time? actually it was Deltha O'Neal in 2000.

Forgot about him! Regardless the streak is over and it was exciting!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Come on defense:defense:!! Stand your ground!!

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Defense have to account for everyone Rivers loves the short pass

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
announcers finally figured out who Gates was, hehee

honz
We need to ease up on the blitzes.

Nomad
I don't care what anyone says Rivers is a damn good QB!

girler
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Think the announcers can get off phyllis' balls??? I wonder if he sprayed stickem down there...

honz
Our D is getting picked apart. Not good.

WTE
I really think VJ will be unstoppable tonite.

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
It's like we are watching the last yr over again! No answer for Rivers, LT running down our throats and Vincent jackson being a pain in our @$$!!

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
we need a long sustained drive...

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I really think VJ will be unstoppable tonite.

He usually is when he plays the BRONCOS!! If the BRONCOS can't pressure Rivers and cover Jackson, we're gonna lose!

Overtime
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
it's early, no reason to panic.

alright Eddie, let's make it 2 in a row. run dat bitch back for a TD!!!

Buff
Nothing against the late Darrent Williams... But I wish we would have drafted the Colorado native Vincent Jackson when we had a chance. He went 4 spots later in the 2nd round in 05.

nevcraw
got to win with the O tonight boys and girls...

honz
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
That's why Royal isn't a great return man...right after busting one he doesn't hit the hole hard and goes nowhere.

soonerjh
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM

A healthy dose of Knowshon and Buck!

Zweems56
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM

Especially if Dawkins is going to be out much longer.

honz
Ronald Fields now out with a hammy injury...return questionable.

topscribe
That's why Royal isn't a great return man...right after busting one he doesn't hit the hole hard and goes nowhere.

In college, that would have been a touchdown.

This isn't college . . .

-----

Kapaibro
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh. no football on NZ tv!

Foley11
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow-why are they licking Jammers balls?

honz
10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Phew. A much needed first down there. Let's get a nice drive going here.

honz
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes! Great protection and a dime by Orton.

girler
Wow-why are they licking Jammers balls?

there's stickem down there. :shocked:

Kapaibro
thank god for the internet!

Kapaibro
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Knowshon!!!!

Den21vsBal19
10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
too much information!!!!!!!! :eek:

Nomad
10-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Go Offense... get a TD!!

honz
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
A long methodical drive...just what the doctor ordered.

Could have done without that false start there...

Kapaibro
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Come on Broncos!!!!

Kapaibro
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Scheff!

Nomad
:duh: marshall:tsk:

honz
WTF Marshall?

WTE
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow!!

Is Brandon Marshall the 2nd most stupid player in the NFL???

Only behind T.O.

Foley11
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Is it flavored or something?

Buff
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Why wasn't it defensive PI resulting in a first down and then a dead ball unsportsmanlike foul?

Overtime
offsetting fouls!! Thank god.

Foley11
Wow Marshall with the rockhead award........

honz
10-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Ugh. Orton had him...just missed him.

Den21vsBal19
:duh: marshall:tsk:
eejut :frusty:

Foley11
Why wasn't it defensive PI resulting in a first down and then a dead ball unsportsmanlike foul?

That was my thought. Dont know.

Kapaibro
go Prater!

Overtime
alright Prater, let's tie it up.

Zweems56
Tie game. I'll take it considering San Diego started with the ball. But Brandon just cost us 4 points....

Overtime
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
tie ball game.

girler
Is it flavored or something?

I'm not sure- I didn't go down there myself. I just figured that once they got there, they couldn't leave even if they tried. :noidea:

Kapaibro
That was my thought. Dont know.

Cos the Refs are Broncos haters! :P

Buff

Carol, get your son on the horn... We need an explanation here. :D

Nomad
Defense need to step it up alot! No ST mistakes!!

honz
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
It was the officials fault...if they would have thrown the flag quicker Marshall wouldn't have gotten mad! Where's Hochuli when you need him? :lol:

Warren
Bad call. How does a deadball foul off-set a PI call that happened during the play?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Marshall has to be a lot smarter than that.

Keep those emotions in check.

honz
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
What happened to Prater's booming kickoffs?

Buff
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Sea level happened.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM

sea level

WTE
I thought Brandon said he grew up?

Is he still a little kid??? That was dumb by Marshall!

Professional NFL Team????

Zweems56

Toto, I don't think we're in Denver anymore.

honz
10-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Sea level happened.

He was booming them in Oakland...his kickoffs were poor in Denver last week too.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 08:38 PM
DAMN - call the holding on SD :tsk:

honz
An athletic slide from Phyllis!

frauschieze
Nice delayed blitz!

soonerjh
Yeah Goodman!!!

girler
oh hey, Honz- watch out! I just got to 50 points in FF!!! I'm catching up to you now! I'll just need 3 more weeks of games and BOOM! I win! :coffee:

oooh SACK!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
:defense::defense::defense::defense::defense:

Zweems56
holy. Shit.

Warren
!!!!! Royal !!!!!

Bronco4ever
Eddie Royal is a beast!

Overtime
Sacked that Bitch!!! Yeah!!!

soonerjh
Whhhoooooo hoooo goooo edddie!!!

Kapaibro
Awesome DDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

girler
I am SUCH a proud mommy!!!

frauschieze
HOLY SHIT!

A punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD IN ONE GAME?!?!?!?!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
EDDIE ******* ROYAL!

HELL YES!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Kapaibro
Royallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Eddiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zweems56
Lets get a receiving td from him too.

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute:TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS:defense:

:salute:EDDIE:salute:

topscribe
Fast Eddie Royal!! :beer: :dance:

-----

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
:beer:

sneakers
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I like it that when you look in the crowd for bronco fans, every other one has a John Elway jersey on

:lol:

camdisco24
10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Eddie rooooooooyaaaalllllll!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
Defense needs to stop the San Diego O again here.

Quick 3 and out please!

nevcraw

i'd say he is pretty good..