PDA

View Full Version : Motivated for Monday Night

Denver Native (Carol)
10-17-2009, 03:22 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/motivated-for-monday-night/

At 5-0, the Broncos head into their second AFC West road game as underdogs. When they visit the San Diego Chargers on Monday Night Football, there will certainly be plenty to feel motivated about as the team strives for a 6-0 record heading into the bye week.

“It is going to be a 60-minute game, and it’s on Monday night,” Kyle Orton said. “I don’t think we will have any issue being emotionally ready to play this game.”

The Broncos know the Chargers will be ready as well. At 2-2, quarterback Philip Rivers admitted the team isn’t where it hoped it would be at this point in the season. In a hostile atmosphere against a team playing like it’s desperate for a win, it could be a tough battle all night.

For that reason, Head Coach Josh McDaniels said the team is looking to start fast on Monday.

“There is no better way to kind of curb the emotional high that another team may have at home on a Monday night than to go out and execute your game plan maybe better than they do,” he said.

The Broncos practice on Saturday, then travel to San Diego on Sunday. On Monday, the nation will be able to see the Broncos take on the Chargers in a divisional clash with big-time implications in the standings.

The team can’t wait.

“It’s the last game of that week and everybody’s sitting at home watching,” Daniel Graham said. “There’s something special about Monday night, and it’s always fun to play in that game.”

INJURY REPORT UPDATE

For the Broncos, Spencer Larsen is out for Monday’s contest and Correll Buckhalter is probable. The Chargers have listed LB Antwan Applewhite and C Nick Hardwick as out and LB Stephen Cooper as questionable. For a full look at the injury report, click here. (on link)

gobroncsnv
10-17-2009, 03:56 PM
This week will be a good test because we'll see how our guys react in a game in which some teams experience an emotional let-down after a huge win. Kinda glad we had an extra day to get over it. Once again, we'll see how Josh gets'em ready for one like this...

Division Rival
After a big win
Monday night

We're with you, Broncos!!! Take it to 'em!!!!

OrangeHoof
10-17-2009, 04:17 PM
If they beat San Diego, not only are they 6-0 but they have a three-game lead in the division. This one's big. Win this one, they can cough up hairballs against teams like the Colts and Giants and still be standing at the end of the year.

camdisco24
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Im so pumped for this game. I already have a full spread of finger foods ready to be cooked, my Broncos Jersey is ready to go, and my Bronco flag is flying. Its time for war! I really hope we play Sandy Eggo tougher than any team this year. I want revenge!

LETS GET EM' BRONCOS!!!

:defense::defense::defense::defense:

:first:

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll settle for any kind of win that gets us to 6-0. Of course I wouldn't mind if Felica gets rocked several times during the game.

Nomad
10-17-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll settle for any kind of win that gets us to 6-0. Of course I wouldn't mind if Felica gets rocked several times during the game.

It's not the record (someof it is) but it's to get over that Charger wall and yes I'll take any win as well but hopefully it isn't aided by a ref. it would be nice to see the BRONCOS win convincingly but if they lose hopefully it's not a blowout we are so use to.

BRONCOS have to shut down the run game, it's a must because the Chargers have had much success against the BRONCOS. And pressure on Rivers, if they don't get to him he'll find receivers and slice us up as usual!! And lastly ST, gotta tackle and not let Sproles give the Chargers field position at the average of the 40 yd line!!

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
It's not the record (someof it is) but it's to get over that Charger wall and yes I'll take any win as well but hopefully it isn't aided by a ref. it would be nice to see the BRONCOS win convincingly but if they lose hopefully it's not a blowout we are so use to.

BRONCOS have to shut down the run game, it's a must because the Chargers have had much success against the BRONCOS. And pressure on Rivers, if they don't get to him he'll find receivers and slice us up as usual!! And lastly ST, gotta tackle and not let Sproles give the Chargers field position at the average of the 40 yd line!!

I understand those keys to the game. All I'm saying is that the margin of victory isn't important. The biggest problem that Denver has had with Chargers over last three years is getting pressure on Rivers.

Shazam!
10-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I am naturally hoping for a win but the Broncos can lose this game and still be ok... they won't go undefeated we all know that. To me the most important thing I'm is as long as they play hard and motivated, not looking like a beat down carpet as they have against SD in the past and in other big games.

Nomad
10-17-2009, 09:17 PM
I understand those keys to the game. All I'm saying is that the margin of victory isn't important. The biggest problem that Denver has had with Chargers over last three years is getting pressure on Rivers.

A win is a win and yes, in theory, the margin of victory isn't important. BUT, if the BRONCOS could win by a touchdown or double digits would be huge for us fans and the psychy of the BRONCOS regarding the Chargers.

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 09:38 PM
A win is a win and yes, in theory, the margin of victory isn't important. BUT, if the BRONCOS could win by a touchdown or double digits would be huge for us fans and the psychy of the BRONCOS regarding the Chargers.

Sure if Denver wins I hope it's by double digits.

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I would like the Broncos to go in there and kick their butts bad enough that everyone knows we are the better team. I don't care if we win by one point or twenty one points.

I don't want the chargirls to have and excuse to put out on Tuesday about how we got lucky or some such thing.

If we win we'll be hearing about how the chargirls aren't that good this year by all the so called exspurts. :rolleyes:

Brand
10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
“There is no better way to kind of curb the emotional high that another team may have at home on a Monday night than to go out and execute your game plan maybe better than they do,” he said.

I think this means they come out running and maybe the Wild Horse to see what D they are going to play. Is this a 125 yard might for Moreno? How about 80 for Buck?

Biggest difference I see is that the Denver D is better coordinated. What does Nolan have up his sleve for the pass D?....

Canmore
10-18-2009, 12:19 AM

I think this means they come out running and maybe the Wild Horse to see what D they are going to play. Is this a 125 yard might for Moreno? How about 80 for Buck?

Biggest difference I see is that the Denver D is better coordinated. What does Nolan have up his sleve for the pass D?....

I hope it has to do with dialing up the pressure on Rivers.

OrangeHoof
10-18-2009, 07:35 AM
I'll take any win as well but hopefully it isn't aided by a ref.

Actually, I'd split my sides laughing if the Broncos won on some hellaciously bad officiating. Chugger fans might burn the place down if that happened. It would be even funnier if it were Hochuli but it got a little personal for him last time so I don't think they'd assign him to work this one.

SoCalImport
10-18-2009, 08:11 AM
This is a huge game.
Could end up being the most important of the regular season.

It's very early, but going into San Diego and taking one at the Murph will put this team into position to rule the afc west right through the season.

Let's Crush the Chargers in front of the whole country!!!

GO BRONCOS!

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Actually, I'd split my sides laughing if the Broncos won on some hellaciously bad officiating. Chugger fans might burn the place down if that happened. It would be even funnier if it were Hochuli but it got a little personal for him last time so I don't think they'd assign him to work this one.

I'm going to the game. I would be in fear for my life if the refs did that. I hope the opposite because I don't want the chargirls to have an excuse after wards.

TXBRONC
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm going to the game. I would be in fear for my life if the refs did that. I hope the opposite because I don't want the chargirls to have an excuse after wards.

If we win some Chargers fans will find excuses for why their team lost.

gobroncsnv
10-18-2009, 09:56 PM
we'd have won if your team hadn't scored more points than ours...