TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13577677

Broncos to be at full strength
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/16/2009 01:49:22 PM MDT
Updated: 10/16/2009 02:17:44 PM MDT

The Broncos have had to work around some injuries and other issues at running back this week, but coach Josh McDaniels said Friday he expected the team to be at full strength in the backfield Monday night in San Diego.

Running back LaMont Jordan had been excused from practice Wednesday and Thursday to take care of some personal matters. He was back with the team Friday.

McDaniels said Jordan will be available to play Monday night.

Asked if he expected Correll Buckhalter to play as well Monday, McDaniels said, "Yes."

Buckhalter sustained a left ankle injury against the Cowboys and did not play against the Patriots. Initially there was some concern Buckhalter would miss Monday's game. But he has practiced all week.

San Diego is 27th in the league in run defense.

As the national media takes a little more notice of the Broncos with each win, McDaniels said he has addressed the team about the dangers of assuming their 5-0 start means they'll have a great season.

"You gotta understand we haven't accomplished a thing yet. What we have done is start well in a season."

Jeff Legwold: 303-954-2359 or jlegwold@denverpost.com

Day1BroncoFan
10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm glad they'll be at full strength. They'll likely need everything they can get.

I hope they don't get big headed and blow it but I'm sure McD has that figured in so they don't.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm glad they'll be at full strength. They'll likely need everything they can get.

I hope they don't get big headed and blow it but I'm sure McD has that figured in so they don't.

McDaniels and Nolan know how to keep their players focused plus they have excellent veteran leadership.

Lonestar
10-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Let's hope that Josh and Mike can keep the team working hard and focused better than they have been the past 8 years or so.

Always starting fast and fading down the stretch.

Plus the leaders dawkins and Orton. Should be better than last year with our stealth safeties and ego QB.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Let's hope that Josh and Mike can keep the team working hard and focused better than they have been the past 8 years or so.

Always starting fast and fading down the stretch.

Plus the leaders dawkins and Orton. Should be better than last year with our stealth safeties and ego QB.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with Culter or last year's team.

horsepig
10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't want to be gloomy Gus, but I'm really worried about them being able to maintain the intensity after such an unreal start.

Did I mention that I'm a worrier?

jrelway
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
i too am worried since the chargers always rock us at their place. but new team with coaches that can adjust and gameplan for the second half. not AS worried as last year.

BroncoWave
10-16-2009, 09:14 PM
What about Larsen?

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
What about Larsen?

I think he's still will be out for awhile longer.

broncophan
10-17-2009, 04:00 AM
I don't want to be gloomy Gus, but I'm really worried about them being able to maintain the intensity after such an unreal start.

Yea.......I am the same way..lol....especially when I look at our schedule.

Good to see no major injuries so far this season.

I wonder about Stokely, and how involved he will be in the offense Monday night??

GO BRONCOS........

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM

I not really worried about them losing their intensity, because even if they maintain it wont prevent them losing a game at some point. I just hope that it wont be Monday night.

BroncoBuff
10-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I not really worried about them losing their intensity, because even if they maintain it wont prevent them losing a game at some point. I just hope that it wont be Monday night.

There will be a dip at some point, there has to be.

For me, I'm bracing for a possible loss Monday night.

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 11:22 AM
There will be a dip at some point, there has to be.

For me, I'm bracing for a possible loss Monday night.

It's possible each and every week, that being said I'm calmer about Denver going into the Chargers house this year than I was last year. Despite the recent history I think Denver has a very good chance to beat San Diego.

Day1BroncoFan
10-17-2009, 11:24 AM
They won't get blown out. At worst it will be a close loss. They can win it and should but...

Lonestar
10-17-2009, 12:28 PM
They won't get blown out. At worst it will be a close loss. They can win it and should but...

unless they all gave blood. last week

TXBRONC
10-17-2009, 08:05 PM

My thoughts exactly. If Denver should lose it would be no time to throw in the towel because the percentages of making the playoffs still favors them.

broncophan
10-18-2009, 02:59 AM
My thoughts exactly. If Denver should lose it would be no time to throw in the towel because the percentages of making the playoffs still favors them.

Normally I would agree......but with the Colts,Ravens,Giants,Chargers (again),Steelers and Eagles still on our schedule.....losses COULD start to add up quickly......I know we haven't lost yet.....but I'm just sayin....

Canmore
10-18-2009, 03:06 AM
The schedule is brutal. We need to take care of San Diego.

broncophan
10-18-2009, 03:13 AM
The schedule is brutal. We need to take care of San Diego.

Yea......if we make it through our schedule at 11-5, or even 12-4.....it would be amazing......and I am one that predicted 5-11 before the season started.

You are right though.....lets take care of SD.

broncobryce
10-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I doubt we lose any intensity. Have you seen Dawk before a game? The guy acts like he just guzzled 50 red bulls.

Day1BroncoFan
10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I doubt we lose any intensity. Have you seen Dawk before a game? The guy acts like he just guzzled 50 red bulls.

Maybe that's his secret. You're on to something here. :shocked:

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Normally I would agree......but with the Colts,Ravens,Giants,Chargers (again),Steelers and Eagles still on our schedule.....losses COULD start to add up quickly......I know we haven't lost yet.....but I'm just sayin....

I hear ya, but at the same time which of those teams look unbeatable? I'm not saying Denver will run the table on them but I do think they will beat some of those teams I just can't tell you which ones.

powderaddict
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
There's also 3 games left against the faiders and chefs. Plus Washington. Plus the Eagles lost to Oakland :laugh:

IF Denver wins, that's 6-0 with 5 very winnable games left. Plus Baltimore has stumbled lately - really, there isn't a game left on the schedule where you go "we have NO chance".

Go Broncos!!!

TXBRONC
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
There's also 3 games left against the faiders and chefs. Plus Washington. Plus the Eagles lost to Oakland :laugh:

IF Denver wins, that's 6-0 with 5 very winnable games left. Plus Baltimore has stumbled lately - really, there isn't a game left on the schedule where you go "we have NO chance".

Go Broncos!!!

Right now I think the Colts look to be the most imposing team Denver's schedule, but even they have serious flaws even though they are undefeated.

T.K.O.
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
beat the bolts !:mad: