PDA

View Full Version : Rivers, Chargers... proved they are a team that doesnt know how to win, classless

weazel
12-25-2007, 04:43 AM
The game itself was a joke, Denver played so terribly that a good team would have won 50+ to 0. SD won't win one game in the playoffs against the likes of Pitt, NE or Indy.

But the worst part of the whole game was the fact that the Chargers were so surprised to win the season series, that they had to act like a bunch of children when they finally had the game in hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3168167&categoryId=2459789 watch this video, I can't believe he is proud of himself while he spouts this crap!!!

The after-game interview shows Rivers (future backup) laughing at the fact he acted like an idiot on national TV, and that Cutler didn't do or say a thing to provoke the Chargers to act like a bunch of ******.

Honestly, I can see it from a chump like Rivers, but when I seen Tomlinson doing it, I really felt terrible. I lost total respect for a player I actually thought alot of. Tomlinsons to me is now just another useless, classless punk.

What happened to the days of players like Walter Payton and Barry Sanders?
The players now dont make me want to watch, they make me want to turn off the TV.

If I was a charger fan, I would be embarrassed tonight. ...wait a minute, I'm a Bronco fan and Im emabarrassed tonight as well...

SR
12-25-2007, 04:52 AM
I can't watch the video here. Care to give me the cliff-notes version?

davidmarver
12-25-2007, 05:50 AM
And John Lynch throwing LT's helmet ten yards was classy?

And coming from the franchise whose best player was his generation's Eli, who also housed Bill Romanowski for half a decade, while making the chop block -- we'll still never forgive Nalen for the cheapshot on Jamal Williams -- a staple in its offense, you can not judge the classiness of another franchise.

And please, Philip Rivers didn't look like an idiot on National TV; he completed 17 of 25 for 189 and a TD, while not committing a turnover.

Poet
12-25-2007, 05:57 AM
I can understand the frustration that you would feel, but I think you made some very strong statements about the players making you want to turn the TV off. There are a TON of classy players in the NFL today, just very few of them are as great as Sanders or Payton. Guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Peyton Manning are very classy. The same can be said for your own QB Jay Cutler. Carson Palmer is a class act, and to be honest I think that a good chunk of the starting NFL players are classy players.

Think of it this way bro, when you where in grade school you remember how a few kids behavior in a classroom could cause the rest of the class to stay late after the bell had rang? Well, just a few douches like Rivers and maybe in this case LT represent the few craptastic kids and the rest of the league is the rest of the classroom.

Poet
12-25-2007, 06:03 AM

And coming from the franchise whose best player was his generation's Eli, who also housed Bill Romanowski for half a decade, while making the chop block -- we'll still never forgive Nalen for the cheapshot on Jamal Williams -- a staple in its offense, you can not judge the classiness of another franchise.

And please, Philip Rivers didn't look like an idiot on National TV; he completed 17 of 25 for 189 and a TD, while not committing a turnover.

Now let's be fair here, who cares if a player does what Elway or Eli did? They wanted to go to another team, that is their right. And they both negotiated to do it as well. You can spin it all you want, that is the truth.

So what about Romo being on their team? There is not a team in this league that does not have or at one point did have a dirty or lowlife player. The Patriots have Rodney Harrison. The Cowboys have Roy Williams who ignores the fines he gets from the NFL and keeps doing the same damn illegal tackle that was made illegal because of him. The Chargers have Shawne "Gotta get swoll quick so I can become an overrated cheat" Merriman. Hell, don't the Bolts have another player with the last name Castillo who was on the roids as well? The Bengals (my team) have Chris Henry.

Is the chop block legal or illegal? And you can always judge the classlessness of another franchise, even if hypothetically the Broncos where a classless franchise. If I am a criminal convicted of murder does that mean that I cannot spot another murderer?

Rivers looked like an idiot on national TV, and in his interview he sounded like an idiot too.

SR
12-25-2007, 06:34 AM

Lynch didn't throw LT's helmet 10 yards, for starters, maybe 10 feet at the most. I can understand why he did it, to try and bring some spark and emotion to a team who is playing for nothing. It's not like he ripped his helmet off of his head and chucked it at the San Diego sideline. Lynch is the last of a dying breed when it comes to classy players.

Romo was a bit of a cheapshot, but his passion for the game and what he brough to our team for those years could not and has not been duplicated since he left. Yeah, he spit in JJ Stokes' face and had a bit of a scuffle with Derrick Thomas (may he rest in peace), but he also anchored a defense that took us to and won us two Super Bowls.

As for Nalen, he's one of the best centers in the game. No need to say more.

Philip Rivers is over rated and a mediocre QB to boot. He had a great year last year, but not because of his ability, but because teams were so entrenched in game planning around stopping LT that they have up the pass in hope of stopping the run.

As far as your pot shot at one of the game's greatest of all time (Elway), he had his reasons why he didn't want to play for the Colts, and when he went under center with the Broncos, he became a legend. Some of these kids in the league today playing Elway's position strive to be like he was and hope only to achieve half of what he did. Aside from Favre, there has only been one other QB in the NFL to take a snap since Elway left that can honestly be heralded as one of the greatest, and that's Peyton Manning. That's saying a lot about Elway. At least he didn't flop like Eli has.

Poet
12-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Lynch didn't throw LT's helmet 10 yards, for starters, maybe 10 feet at the most. I can understand why he did it, to try and bring some spark and emotion to a team who is playing for nothing. It's not like he ripped his helmet off of his head and chucked it at the San Diego sideline. Lynch is the last of a dying breed when it comes to classy players.

Romo was a bit of a cheapshot, but his passion for the game and what he brough to our team for those years could not and has not been duplicated since he left. Yeah, he spit in JJ Stokes' face and had a bit of a scuffle with Derrick Thomas (may he rest in peace), but he also anchored a defense that took us to and won us two Super Bowls.

As for Nalen, he's one of the best centers in the game. No need to say more.

Philip Rivers is over rated and a mediocre QB to boot. He had a great year last year, but not because of his ability, but because teams were so entrenched in game planning around stopping LT that they have up the pass in hope of stopping the run.

As far as your pot shot at one of the game's greatest of all time (Elway), he had his reasons why he didn't want to play for the Colts, and when he went under center with the Broncos, he became a legend. Some of these kids in the league today playing Elway's position strive to be like he was and hope only to achieve half of what he did. Aside from Favre, there has only been one other QB in the NFL to take a snap since Elway left that can honestly be heralded as one of the greatest, and that's Peyton Manning. That's saying a lot about Elway. At least he didn't flop like Eli has.

I liked this post very much. I happen to be a Romo hater, and I understand that the guy made plays for you all, but personally I think the guy was a scumbag.

I suppose you could argue that Brady could be heralded as one of the very best of all time.

I just want to know why people whine about chop blocking all the time when it is legal if you do it correctly? I mean the Broncs don't get flagged for it, I highly doubt that the refs are turning a blind eye so to speak.

SR
12-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I liked this post very much. I happen to be a Romo hater, and I understand that the guy made plays for you all, but personally I think the guy was a scumbag.

I suppose you could argue that Brady could be heralded as one of the very best of all time.

I just want to know why people whine about chop blocking all the time when it is legal if you do it correctly? I mean the Broncs don't get flagged for it, I highly doubt that the refs are turning a blind eye so to speak.

Brady is a damn good QB, but Peyton Manning is in a different league IMO. I can't stand Manning or Brady, but it isn't hard to praise them for their talent and respect it.

Romo wasn't as bad with Denver as he was after he left for Oakland. He was controversial, but he was a damn good player for us. Lots of people love to hate him, but what he did for us during our two great years is undeniable.

Chop blocking isn't illegal if done right. If the way Denver did it was illegal, players would be getting flagged and fined all day long. That isn't the case, obviously. It isn't like our boys are going after the defensive line's knees.

JCDavey
12-25-2007, 07:02 AM
The game itself was a joke, Denver played so terribly that a good team would have won 50+ to 0. SD won't win one game in the playoffs against the likes of Pitt, NE or Indy.

But the worst part of the whole game was the fact that the Chargers were so surprised to win the season series, that they had to act like a bunch of children when they finally had the game in hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3168167&categoryId=2459789 watch this video, I can't believe he is proud of himself while he spouts this crap!!!

The after-game interview shows Rivers (future backup) laughing at the fact he acted like an idiot on national TV, and that Cutler didn't do or say a thing to provoke the Chargers to act like a bunch of ******.

Honestly, I can see it from a chump like Rivers, but when I seen Tomlinson doing it, I really felt terrible. I lost total respect for a player I actually thought alot of. Tomlinsons to me is now just another useless, classless punk.

The players now dont make me want to watch, they make me want to turn off the TV.

If I was a charger fan, I would be embarrassed tonight. ...wait a minute, I'm a Bronco fan and Im emabarrassed tonight as well...we would have won 51-3 ...but we had mercy on you guys and pulled our starters in the 3rd qtr.......

Poet
12-25-2007, 07:26 AM
we would have won 51-3 ...but we had mercy on you guys and pulled our starters in the 3rd qtr.......

And this has what to do with his post?

JCDavey
12-25-2007, 07:50 AM
And this has what to do with his post?he posted...and i quote "The game itself was a joke, Denver played so terribly that a good team would have won 50+ to 0. "

so i was basically telling him, we would have won 51-3 (or even had a shutout) had we not showed mercy

but we're not like the pats, we pull our starters when the game's in hand

JCDavey
12-25-2007, 07:52 AM
i mean just look at LT

he's currently leading the rushing crown race by over 100 and that's with norv pulling him early this week and last week

LT could have easily gotten 200 + vs detroit and denver, but there was just no need to overwork him

Rex
12-25-2007, 07:56 AM
The Chargers are a pretty good team in spite of Rivers.

His parents must be proud of his antics. I cant believe one of his teammates has not layed his ass out yet. He is the NFL version of the PGAs Woody Austin.

No way to wiggle out of the ass beating last night.....but THANK GOD I dont have to watch Rivers play QB for my team.

SR
12-25-2007, 08:13 AM
i mean just look at LT

he's currently leading the rushing crown race by over 100 and that's with norv pulling him early this week and last week

LT could have easily gotten 200 + vs detroit and denver, but there was just no need to overwork him

I think I remember you from Broncomania. Wonderful.

And FWIW, for you to even mention San Diego and the Patriots in the same breath is laughable at best. San Diego is minor league compared to the Patriots. They don't score as many points as the Pats because they can't, not because they don't want to.

Rex
12-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I think I remember you from Broncomania. Wonderful.

You know........I never knew a Chargers fan until last year.

SR
12-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Same here, and I even spent portions of my summers growing up in Rancho Sante Fe, right outside San Diego. But hey, you go 14-2 on year and all of a sudden people start jumpin on the bandwagon. It's ok though. I live in Texas, home of "America's Team" and I get used to seeing bandwagoners at their best with the Cowboys.

Rex
12-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Same here, and I even spent portions of my summers growing up in Rancho Sante Fe, right outside San Diego. But hey, you go 14-2 on year and all of a sudden people start jumpin on the bandwagon. It's ok though. I live in Texas, home of "America's Team" and I get used to seeing bandwagoners at their best with the Cowboys.

Yeah...but this is different. I mean I have NEVER EVER known somebody claiming to be a Chargers fan. Hell, I have met Tampa Bay fans in the past. Even Seahawks fans. But NEVER a Chargers fan until last year.

Rex
12-25-2007, 08:22 AM
From the Denver Post:

There were several shoving matches in the game, and several times it appeared the Chargers, particularly while on defense, were verbally attacking Broncos offensive players, including quarterback Jay Cutler.

"They were really talking out there, especially (linebacker) Shaun Phillips," tight end Tony Scheffler said. "They were talking all night long. It just didn't seem like they handled their victory with much class."

Added left tackle Matt Lepsis: "They always are like that. It's not a big deal, really. But they do talk a lot."

Late in the game, San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers got after Cutler from the sideline.

SR
12-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah...but this is different. I mean I have NEVER EVER known somebody claiming to be a Chargers fan. Hell, I have met Tampa Bay fans in the past. Even Seahawks fans. But NEVER a Chargers fan until last year.

LOL. I've never actually 'met' a Charger's fan, just seen a couple of trolls on our beloved Broncos message boards. Oh well. I figure, one football team in California has to have something to be proud of right? I'm good as long as its not the Raiders.

SR
12-25-2007, 08:24 AM
From the Denver Post:

There were several shoving matches in the game, and several times it appeared the Chargers, particularly while on defense, were verbally attacking Broncos offensive players, including quarterback Jay Cutler.

"They were really talking out there, especially (linebacker) Shaun Phillips," tight end Tony Scheffler said. "They were talking all night long. It just didn't seem like they handled their victory with much class."

Added left tackle Matt Lepsis: "They always are like that. It's not a big deal, really. But they do talk a lot."

Late in the game, San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers got after Cutler from the sideline.

So sad. :tsk:

Rex
12-25-2007, 08:25 AM
My favorite Chargers related memory was Denver winning the Super Bowl in their living room.

SR
12-25-2007, 08:28 AM
My favorite Chargers related memory was Denver winning the Super Bowl in their living room.

Agreed. I also like the Ryan Leaf thing. Good things.

theVANCE
12-25-2007, 08:38 AM
One and done.. Enjoy the rest of your season Dolts, there's not much left.

BeefStew25
12-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Yeah, last one I saw was around 1994. Incidently, that is the last year they won a playoff game.

gobroncsnv
12-25-2007, 11:33 AM
.but THANK GOD I dont have to watch Rivers play QB for my team.

Probably won't have to see him past week 1 of the playoffs either.

omac
12-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Well that's been the identity of this Chargers team for quite some time.

They'll taunt the Patriots, but then cry (literally cry, LT) foul when the Pats do the Merriman dance on them after beating them. :D They like to dish it out, but they can't take it when it's done back to them.

They'll trash talk the Patriots and announce publicly how they'll destroy them after their playoff loss, then when they lose to them, they downplay their trash talking.

Charger players put down a Bears player AFTER beating them (so classless), only to be shown their place by all-pro Urlacher.

Then they'll get down on each other, bickering among themselves when losing a game, blaming each other. Then, afterwards, they'll say it didn't happen that way even though it was caught on camera.

This is a team that is so high on talent, but so low on character, and even less on class. What they've displayed here is definitely nothing new.

BeefStew25
12-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I really need to know what Rivers has done. He is nothing.

Bronco9798
12-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I really need to know what Rivers has done. He is nothing.

He throws temper-tantrums and pouts a lot.

BeefStew25
12-25-2007, 11:59 AM
He throws temper-tantrums and pouts a lot.

Hopefully some guys on our defense lock themselves in a film room over the summer watching Rivers.

SarahKay
12-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow.

That game was ridiculous.
I'd like to see John Lynch sack his ass and toss his helmet off. HAHA :salute:

SR
12-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Wow.

That game was ridiculous. Rivers needs to go **** himself.
I'd like to see John Lynch sack his ass and toss his helmet off. HAHA :salute:

How you doin?

SarahKay
12-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Good. You? I hope we have the slightest chance to win against the Vikings next week.

Love your sig. Won't ever forget that block!

SR
12-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Good. You? I hope we have the slightest chance to win against the Vikings next week.

Love your sig. Won't ever forget that block!
Wonderful. It's about 8:10pm here right now and I'm fixin to go to bed before long.

Honestly, I hope we lose on Sunday. At 6-10 we can get a great draft pick. I'm sure Adrian Peterson will have a fantastical game against us...pretty much goes without saying. Maybe he'll have such a great game that he'll win the rushing title. Sudden, Tomlinson has left a bad taste in my mouth, kind of almost like the taste you get after smoking a cigarette.

Nomad
12-25-2007, 12:23 PM
:ohwell: the BRONCOS should have showed up to play the game. I didn't expect them to win but I did expect them to come and play a decent game. I expect Rivers to act like a child because beating Denver is all he has to add to his accomplishments. He won't lead SD anywhere. Now LT on the other hand is the one that surprised me acting like he did. Last year he called out the Patriots for be unsportsmanlike and now being a hypocrit, he does the same. I understand this is a new BRONCOS team and they have many more trial and error days ahead but LT hasn't won a playoff game with this team but finds a way to throw crap in another teams face.

Again the BRONCOS didn't help themselves by giving up so early in the game. Hopefully Cutler finds an offense to back him when another team is throwing cheap shots at him. BRONCOS were an overall disappointment last night.

SarahKay
12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
:ohwell: the BRONCOS should have showed up to play the game. I didn't expect them to win but I did expect them to come and play a decent game. I expect Rivers to act like a child because beating Denver is all he has to add to his accomplishments. He won't lead SD anywhere. Now LT on the other hand is the one that surprised me acting like he did. Last year he called out the Patriots for be unsportsmanlike and now being a hypocrit, he does the same. I understand this is a new BRONCOS team and they have many more trial and error days ahead but LT hasn't won a playoff game with this team but finds a way to throw crap in another teams face.

Again the BRONCOS didn't help themselves by giving up so early in the game. Hopefully Cutler finds an offense to back him when another team is throwing cheap shots at him. BRONCOS were an overall disappointment last night.

Could not have said that better.

NorthernLights
12-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Wonderful. It's about 8:10pm here right now and I'm fixin to go to bed before long.

Honestly, I hope we lose on Sunday. At 6-10 we can get a great draft pick. I'm sure Adrian Peterson will have a fantastical game against us...pretty much goes without saying. Maybe he'll have such a great game that he'll win the rushing title. Sudden, Tomlinson has left a bad taste in my mouth, kind of almost like the taste you get after smoking a cigarette.

What did LT do last night that "left a bad taste"? Others yes, but I didn't see anything by LT.

SR
12-25-2007, 12:35 PM
What did LT do last night that "left a bad taste"? Others yes, but I didn't see anything by LT.

Nothing in particular. I really like the guy a lot, have since he played for TCU, but something about him just irritates me but not to the point of dislike. Maybe it's just the whole part where he's so damn good but not on the right team. I dunno.;)

BeefStew25
12-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Your whole team will show their character in defeat. They certainly showed it in victory.

SR
12-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Your whole team will show their character in defeat. They certainly showed it in victory.

He's a Chargers fan I gather.

In that case, Tomlinson stinks.

Poet
12-25-2007, 01:28 PM
he posted...and i quote "The game itself was a joke, Denver played so terribly that a good team would have won 50+ to 0. "

so i was basically telling him, we would have won 51-3 (or even had a shutout) had we not showed mercy

but we're not like the pats, we pull our starters when the game's in hand

I think that was more of a joke than anything serious. But yeah, a better team, a truly good team would have had a much higher score by the time you guys had pulled the starters.

Stand Ablaze
12-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd like to see Rivers talk some trash to a winning team, not against a losing team when he's already pulled out the game. I'm sick and tired of hearing all this "getting hot" at the right moment. They have a 5 game winning streak against losing teams, only team that had a winning record in that streak was the Titans, and they had to go to OT to beat them. Some questionable calls in that game as well. So, all I'm saying is that the Chargers are overrated and will get a reality check come playoff time.

NorthernLights
12-25-2007, 03:54 PM
He's a Chargers fan I gather.

In that case, Tomlinson stinks.

Yes, I've been a Bolts fan since the late 70's and have endured much over the years.

I would prefer the entire team to shut up and play, and can't say that they won't fold like a cheap tent in a light breeze in the playoffs, but I am hopeful they've learned from past mistakes and don't go one and out.

They have the talent to win games and even with Noodle Norv running the show, I don't have much choice but to hope for the best. The entire AFC West is down the year, Bolts included and they benefited from the trend.

We'll see what happens in the next couple of days. The window of opportunity is only open for a short period, and the Bolts are in it right now. I hope they take advantage, but don't feel as confident as last year, which might ease the pain when and if it comes. Last year really sucked, and getting pounded by the Patriots earlier this year brought back the same feelings. I won't let myself go through that again, ever.

Bronco9798
12-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Again, Chargers playoffs. Norv Turner, 1 and out. He'll make some bad decisions late in the game in the 1st playoff game.

topscribe
12-25-2007, 04:25 PM

If I was a charger fan, I would be embarrassed tonight. ...wait a minute, I'm a Bronco fan and Im emabarrassed tonight as well...

You touched on the way to prevent that. Give them a game. Had it been
a close, hard-fought game, the opponent would have respected, not
ridiculed. But what are they supposed to think about another team they
pummeled to the tune of 64-6 over two games? :noidea:

Of course persons such as Rivers and Tomlinson are jerks. But they are
Chargers. Our concern is Broncos. The Chargers have jerks who win; the
Broncos have nice guys who lose.

I wish the Broncos had about 53 Champ Baileys. Then they would have nice
guys who win. :coffee:

-----

davidmarver
12-25-2007, 06:20 PM
There's a difference between celebrating and mocking. When Merriman does his Lights Out dance, or when another Charger does their celebration, it's not to mock the opponent; it's to get a reaction from the fans in celebration. It's no different than the Mile High Salute, which is certainly not a classless taunt.

However:
-When someone imitates your celebration, that's classless.
-When someone excessively celebrates post-game on your emblem at midfield, that's classless.
-When it's both, it's definitely classless.

Had LT or Merriman done the Mile High Salute, I'd agree in saying it's classless. But that's not the case.

And back to the chop block. Yes, it's fine when executed correctly, but the Broncos -- specifically, Tom Nalen -- are known for illegal chop blocks, such as the one he was fined on last season on Igor Olshansky, or the one that ended Jamal Williams season a half-decade ago.

topscribe
12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
There's a difference between celebrating and mocking. When Merriman does his Lights Out dance, or when another Charger does their celebration, it's not to mock the opponent; it's to get a reaction from the fans in celebration. It's no different than the Mile High Salute, which is certainly not a classless taunt.

However:
-When someone excessively celebrates post-game on your emblem at midfield, that's classless.

Had LT or Merriman done the Mile High Salute, I'd agree in saying it's classless. But that's not the case.

And back to the chop block. Yes, it's fine when executed correctly, but the Broncos -- specifically, Tom Nalen -- are known for illegal chop blocks, such as the one he was fined on last season on Igor Olshansky, or the one that ended Jamal Williams season a half-decade ago.

So, um . . . will history classes resume after the holidays? :coffee:

-----

omac
12-25-2007, 11:25 PM

However:

LOL, the Chargers talk a lot of trash before a game; it they win, they continue to talk trash to the downed opponent. If they lose, like they did against the Pats, then they become all humble and downplay all their disrespect. It's one thing to talk trash to try and psyche out an opponent, but it's another thing when you already have the opponent beaten and continue to do so ... that's cheap and classless.

So they're cheap and classless when they win, but when they lose, they complain and cry when their opponent taunts them? :D

Their talent far exceeds their character and class; they should take a page from the Colts or Pats and just shut up and win or lose with dignity, and not make asses of themselves.

Not just in the way they conduct themselves against their opponents, but also with the way they tear each other down when the situation goes south (and pretend to the press later that it never happened), this is not a mentally strong team. I'm not sure if they were like this when Brees led them; this could be an offshoot of Rivers' personality.

theVANCE
12-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Nothing else needs to be said.

SR
12-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Nothing else needs to be said.

I'll elaborate for the youngins on the boards.

1994 = the year SD lost to SF in the SB. It is also the last time they won a playoff game. :shocked:

NorthernLights
12-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I'll elaborate for the youngins on the boards.

1994 = the year SD lost to SF in the SB. It is also the last time they won a playoff game. :shocked:

Technically they beat the Steelers in January 1995, but what's a year between friends.

Hopefully that will change this year.

SR
12-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Technically they beat the Steelers in January 1995, but what's a year between friends.

Hopefully that will change this year.

I'm not going to research that, but good call if it's right.

And FWIW, thanks for not being an idiot. You seem to know the game fairly well and aren't a jackass, so as a Bronco fan I appreciate that.

NorthernLights
12-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm not going to research that, but good call if it's right.

And FWIW, thanks for not being an idiot. You seem to know the game fairly well and aren't a jackass, so as a Bronco fan I appreciate that.

No problem. But are you going to take this back after our discussion on the taunting thread though? :laugh:

SR
12-26-2007, 09:00 AM
No problem. But are you going to take this back after our discussion on the taunting thread though? :laugh:

Nah. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they turn in to goons.

Rex
12-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Nah. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they turn in to goons.

Northern Lights is a good guy. He has some idiot followers that invaded the Freak, but he is a rational guy.

SR
12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Northern Lights is a good guy. He has some idiot followers that invaded the Freak, but he is a rational guy.

So far it seems that way.

NorthernLights
12-26-2007, 09:26 AM

This is suppose to be fun. Where is the fun in name calling and chest thumping? I come around to talk about football. I will defend my Bolts in most situations, but it isn't blind devotion. If they do something stoopid, I will call it out too.

BeefStew25
12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
This is suppose to be fun. Where is the fun in name calling and chest thumping? I come around to talk about football. I will defend my Bolts in most situations, but it isn't blind devotion. If they do something stoopid, I will call it out too.

That Rivers kid sure is a rustler, huh?

NorthernLights
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
That Rivers kid sure is a rustler, huh?

Um, wasn't his best move, IMO. Kid might be the operative word since he's only 25.

BOSSHOGG30
12-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I wonder what Cutler or one of the Bronco players said though... cause Rivers wasn't the only one talking trash... I saw Tomlinson on the sideline making hand motions as if he was talking with his hand and mocking someone on the Broncos team and he was also smiling as if it was humerous.

BroncoJoe
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Rivers is an idiot. I hate the guy.

Broncolingus
12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Rivers will get his...they always do.

MileHighWrath
12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Stop whining about the trash talking chargers! Sheesh you are all embarrassing me and should be ashamed of yourselves. So a team that's not used to winning is talking some smack and acting a fool on the field .... get over it! Not like they are going anywhere past the 1st round. And there's always next year to smack them all in the mouth.

omac
12-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Stop whining about the trash talking chargers! Sheesh you are all embarrassing me and should be ashamed of yourselves. So a team that's not used to winning is talking some smack and acting a fool on the field .... get over it! Not like they are going anywhere past the 1st round. And there's always next year to smack them all in the mouth.

Hehehe, excellent perspective! :salute:

BOSSHOGG30
12-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This is what I think happened:
(We all know about how Rivers likes to take long hot showers with Nick Hardwick and practice snapping the football in his little boy shorts and soaked up tank top.)

Well.....During pregame warm ups this conversation transpired…..

Rivers (with a boyish grin): "I really can't wait to get in that shower with you after the game."
Hardwick (doesn’t even make eye contact): "Yeah, whatever.”
Rivers (concerned look on his face): “Why aren’t you looking at me when I’m talking to you?”
Hardwick: “I’m stretching for the game against the Broncos.”
Rivers: “Nick, do you really love me?”
Hardwick: “Yeah, Yeah, whatever.” (Still shunning off Rivers)
Rivers: “I’m serious Nick! Do you really, really love me?”
(Making eye contact) Hardwick: “Why do you ask me such a stupid question?” “Of course I love you.”
Rivers: “Then why are you staring at that Jay Cutler guy and not at me.” “Here I am bending over right in front of you and you didn’t even notice.”
Hardwick (embarrassed look on his face): “I was just admiring that cannon for an arm he has, that’s all.” (Then mumbles in a soft voice so Rivers can’t hear him…) “And his nice butt too.”

After this conversation Rivers gets really jealous and storms off the field into the locker room. He vows to prove his love to Hardwick.

SR
12-26-2007, 11:23 AM
LMMFAO!!!!!!!! That was greatness.

Bronco Bible
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I saw the "always" classy LT, do not like him.

was he not the person who said "if the charger's played the patriot's 10 times we would win 9 of them":confused:

BOSSHOGG30
12-26-2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5LAUHTQUA

broncosfanscott
12-26-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5LAUHTQUA

Once again Rivers shows his true colors.

Broncolingus
12-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I will never get tired of putting-down Rivers and the Chargers...him and Merry-man just make it so much more worthwhile now...

Rivers sucks...

Merry-man sucks...

Bolts suck...

Rex
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Rivers ass has a whole lotta checks to cash now.

Broncolingus
12-26-2007, 03:33 PM

Yeah!

Uh, is that like a swipe thing or what?

BeefStew25
12-26-2007, 03:51 PM

I couldn't have said that better.....Next year he had better be all world.

Bronco4ever
12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Can you guys take it easier on Phyllis on this? If you sucked as bad he does, you would want some sort of consolation prize too. It's not his fault he has nothing to be proud of... ok actually don't take it easy on him. He's the definition of a turd.

omac
12-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah!

Uh, is that like a swipe thing or what?

LOL! :rofl:

LoyalSoldier
12-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't think any chargers fan can defend Philip Rivers. It looked like he was saying "Bye baby!" to Cutler and a whole mess of other things. This isn't his first time either. He was insulting fans in Denver last year.

Champ even said he talks more trash than he has earned. Not bad for one of the turnover leaders and who has a lower rating than the person he was taunting (When he has LT and a better line).

Poet
12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Um, wasn't his best move, IMO. Kid might be the operative word since he's only 25.

One has to take responsibility for his actions, and I don't think 25 is a kid. Hell, once you hit 18.........

LoyalSoldier
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
One has to take responsibility for his actions, and I don't think 25 is a kid. Hell, once you hit 18.........

I am 20 soon to be 21 and I can say the guy is acting worse than a 3 year old.

Poet
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I am 20 soon to be 21 and I can say the guy is acting worse than a 3 year old.

This may have just been me, but did anyone elses parents ever tell them that they can think whatever they want, but they shouldn't say everything they want? I think Rivers could do with some inner monologue. Or some **** Coffee. :laugh:

LoyalSoldier
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
This may have just been me, but did anyone elses parents ever tell them that they can think whatever they want, but they shouldn't say everything they want? I think Rivers could do with some inner monologue. Or some **** Coffee. :laugh:

My last football coach would smack you up side the head if you were mouthing off like that.

Poet
12-26-2007, 10:07 PM
My last football coach would smack you up side the head if you were mouthing off like that.

I can understand mouthing off to an extent, but Rivers didn't even have it in him to do it to a defender when he was on the field. Phillip Rivers is an overrated QB, he has one the better backs of all time in LT (who will end his career as one of the very best) and in my opinion the best TE in football (although Witten is making a helluva case for himself). When you see guys like Manning or Brady put up monster numbers with talent all around them it is one thing. You can just watch them throw the ball and you KNOW that they are monsters. Rivers is not a monster QB. He is closer to a bottom ten QB than he is top ten.

jrelway
12-26-2007, 10:16 PM
i cant wait for the meltdown to come. another early departure from the playoffs, and another spaz out between Rivers and LT. Heres to hoping they have a wonderful relationship similar to T.Owens and D.Mcnabb.

NightTrainLayne
12-26-2007, 11:36 PM

However:

You know, if the game the other night is any indication of how the Chargers handle themselves when they are ahead on the scoreboard I can see exactly why the Patriots did that.

I would imagine that if I were playing a team that talked a lot of trash during the game, and at the end my team was able to come back and defeat them. . .I would take my time rubbing it in their face. . .If you dish it out, you DAMN well better be able to take it.

I gained a lot of insight the other night, into the Patriots behavior from last season. I had wondered several times why they chose THAT game to display that type of taunting. . .I don't have to wonder any more.

Watchthemiddle
12-27-2007, 12:31 AM

Well, your last football coach...( and future :D) are a little different then Norv Turner. Norv did once coach the Oakland Raiders and was hired by Al Davis...nuff said.

Mouth off inside the sidelines, not once you have your helmet off behind your roided up freak merriman.

broncosfanscott
12-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the two best QBs today and even they don't do that.

Stargazer
12-27-2007, 02:17 AM
I do not like Rivers.

I hope he bombs in the playoffs & the reason SD gets knocked out.

frenchfan
12-27-2007, 02:39 AM

If I was a charger fan, I would be embarrassed tonight. ...wait a minute, I'm a Bronco fan and Im emabarrassed tonight as well...Don't worry...

It's not worth to complain about that... SD (alias Stupid Dolls) will cry again and complain about Pats' dance... LOL...
Those guys just cried when the Pats killed them at their home and now they open their mouth in a useless game that the Broncos are happy to lose... Our season is already over and IMO, it'll be good to have the highest draft pick we can... Been 7-9 or 8-8 meant nothing... Draft picks (if correctly use) mean a lot !!!

Lynch lost his temper too... But at least he was a man to apologize and to face his stupidity... What about "Crying" Rivers?

Now, I see it in an optimistic way... may be our team will remember that next year and show how to win with class... That's the challenge now... I hope we'll crush them next year and show them Broncos have pride and class... I wouldn't want to win and act like the Bolts did...

Peace... It's only sport. :beer:

frenchfan
12-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the two best QBs today and even they don't do that.I agree... GREAT QB don't need to do that...

But Rivers is just an average QB well surrounded... And I guess he'll cry soon...

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 10:45 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071227-9999-1s27chargers.html

Philip Rivers got the Denver Broncos bucking mad, and he doesn't really understand why.
“I don't know what the big deal is,” the Chargers quarterback said yesterday.

Two days after the Chargers beat them, the Broncos were still talking about Rivers and his mouth.
“I don't really care for the guy, first of all,” Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey told the Rocky Mountain News yesterday. “He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now. You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player.

“I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league – on his team first and foremost. They've got a lot of classy guys on that team. He kind of represents the classless guy on that team. He's definitely lost my respect.”

Even before Monday night's game Bailey told ESPN he didn't like Rivers because of how much Rivers talks.

In fact, someone told Rivers about the ESPN report during the game and he asked Bailey on the field, “Champ, what's up? I thought we were tight.”

Rivers talks almost constantly on the field. He considers it part of the game and loves getting into exchanges with opponents.

“I talked no more in that game than any game in my life,” he said. “ . . . We get after our guys more in practice than in that game.”

Bailey and other Broncos spoke yesterday in response to questions about Rivers being caught on camera yelling toward the Broncos during the fourth quarter, long after he had been taken out of the game in the 23-3 rout.

After a failed fourth-down pass by Jay Cutler, Rivers was shown going a few steps onto the field to greet linebackers Shaun Phillips and Matt Wilhelm. While doing so, he was looking toward the Broncos.

“We get a fourth-down stop,” Rivers recalled yesterday. “I'm not in the game anymore, so I'm way into the defense more than I normally am. . . . Matt Wilhelm and Shaun Phillips, those guys have been jawing the whole game with them. We get a good stop. They are jawing. I'm not anywhere involved. I come out to congratulate them on the stop, and while I'm out there, yeah, there is some eye contact, but I'm saying, 'Atta baby' to Matt Wilhelm and Shaun Phillips. Sure there is eye contact. Maybe there is a smirk. But I am speaking to my guys.”

Cutler could be seen at midfield looking in their direction, and Phillips said yesterday that it was Cutler who started the talking.

“It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”

Phillips said in the fourth quarter Cutler was “just letting us know he wasn't a punk. I respect that. He was letting us know he'd see us next time.”

In the exchange, Wilhelm was seen waving good-bye to the Broncos, and Phillips was pointing at the scoreboard.

But there was immediate reaction from the television commentators and in the ensuing days from fans about how the behavior was unbecoming for Rivers.

Rivers has heard the talk for more than a year that he gets too riled up during games. He has long maintained it's simply how he plays and that it even helps him.

“I'm not going to change,” he said. “ . . . I'm not saying I'm trying to be the guy who goes nuts and acts crazy. That's not who I am. But the thing is there are no bad intentions. It's all in fun.”

Other Chargers defended Rivers.

“What they've got to understand is Philip is a football player,” tight end Antonio Gates said. “If they put him in that category it wouldn't be a problem. But since he's a quarterback, quarterbacks stereotypically shouldn't say or do or act a certain kind of way on the field.

“That's the thing that's not known about him. We know him as a person. He does it in the locker room, in practice, on the field. He plays the game with his heart. That's why he's that way.”

Rivers also explained yesterday another time he was caught talking by ESPN's cameras on Monday. Rivers said after a play in which Broncos linebacker Jamie Winborn had gotten past fullback Andrew Pinnock, Winborn came near the Chargers sideline and yelled, “Where's Lo Neal?”

Rivers said he yelled back, “The ball is over there,” and then yelled to Winborn, “You're glad he ain't playing.”

Cutler said yesterday the Broncos had discussed Rivers' antics.

“It's an unfortunate situation,” he said. “They talk a lot of stuff. It got heated between the two teams. Personally, I don't think the teams like each other, which is fine. It's just going to add to it later next year and the year after that. It should be exciting.”

Of all the teams to question what Rivers has done, Denver seems an odd antagonist.

In four career starts against the Broncos, Rivers has a 119.8 passer rating, and the Chargers have won all four by an average of 39-13. In those games, he has completed 69.6 of his passes for 960 yards and seven touchdowns with two interceptions.

“I understand some of the frustration is they've lost four in a row to this team,” Rivers said. “People don't like losing four in a row.”

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Here is what the Charger fans have to say about this article:

I hate the Denver Donkies and still remember the (wonderful) terrible games Elway played during his first outing or two against the Chargers - way back when. As I recall, film reviews determined that Elway used a tell-tale hand slap on the ball - right before launching a pass, giving the Charger secondary a signal to pick off a few passes. Elway looked as bad as Cutler in those games.

And, the Chargers talked: they told the press what gave them the advantage. Elway broke that ol' habit quickly and waddled into more than one Super Bowl.

Where Phillip Rivers needs to adjust is his inability to keep his yapper shut. He's one 15 yard penalty away from a career ending knee injury. Champ would even sit out a few games and pay that fine. And, Champ (a world class trash talker) would be on par w/ the dude that shanked Jeffy Dahmler.

PR was a yapper here in Raleigh at NCSU. The "ain't" properly installed in any sentence proves that he's ACC all the way. The creaking in his knee should be a constant reminder of what's to come if he can't evade the cheap shots that come w/ a motor mouth.

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
continue:

Exactly... The truth comes out. Rivers talking to his own guys, until Jay gets into it.

Then, a Bronco runs by Rivers and says " How is Lo neal?" to which Rivers replies" The ball is over there."

You true fans that bash Rivers, should be ashamed of yourselves. I would of done the same thing. Listen to Champ " I am the greatest thing since sliced bread" Bailey. No Champ.. He has not accomplished a lot yet.. You have, But he and his team HUMILIATED your accomplished rear end both times!!! Champ is on of the worst trash talkers.. and he is judgemental. Doesn't like it because Rivers goes back at him.

Denver Broncos = HYPOCRIT, LOSER, CRYBABIES!

I think a lot more talking goes on in this league than some of you realize. Rivers doesn't cuss, he's not mean about it.. it's razzing.. good fun. If people don't like it. Too Bad! What about the ton's fo curse words thrown down every week? What about Brady and Belicheat Running it up every chance they get? What about Belicheat going for it on 4th and 20? YEAH! What about Brady WHINNING when he does lose? Yeah! There is your ROLE MODEL AMERICA! Be like them!!! LMAO! No thanks! Love having ya here Rivers. I look forward to the many wins you will give us!

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Another:

The Broncos were stamping their feet, throwing tantrums, mouthing off to anyone and everyone the entire game. Their frustration was clear. They came in wanting to shove it at the Bolts and found out they didn't belong on the same field with them. This is just an extension of a lousy season -- they thought they were going to the playoffs and couldn't even reach 8-8. Champ Bailey should keep HIS mouth shut -- this so-called all-pro is a responsible as anyone else on that team for their record - the defense has sucked, he's had a lousy season, probably the worst of his career. Also, why didn't they shut up Marshall when he went off on the Bolts several weeks ago?

Rex
12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I love Champ:

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said there's no excuse for what Rivers did.

"And I don't really care for the guy, first of all," Bailey said in a story posted on The Rocky Mountain News' Web site. "He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now.

"You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player. I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league -- where he stands on his team first and foremost."

Bronco9798
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Champ couldn't of said it better.

SR
12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Saying what Cutler did, that he'd see them next time, etc, is fine. But when it's blatantly disrespectful and tasteless on national TV like that is when I get irked.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Once again, there's no reason NOT to let up on this guy...

He's a punk who's a little better than Ryan Leaf and only because he's got a very good defense and a future HOF RB.

Put him on the Falcons or Dolphins and let's see what a 'stud' he is...

I can't wait for the playoffs...

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Champ talks lots of crap?

I don't think so. He is one of the most composed, modest, muture players I have ever watched play.

Champ, I normally only buy a player's jersey after he retires, but with your comments on Rio Douche, I think I may pull the trigger early on yours.

Astrass
12-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Champ is awesome. It takes a lot to get him to complain.

From ESPN site:
Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler said the incident would come up again when the Broncos face the Chargers next season and veteran cornerback Dre Bly added Rivers had not yet "earned the right to do that."

"They've got a lot of classy guys on that team," Bailey said. "He kind of represents the classless guy on that team. He's definitely lost my respect."

All I can say is Rivers now has a target on his back every time he plays the Broncos and probably has one from a lot of other people in the League. This should be fun next time they see each other.

omac
12-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Meh, I don't really care what Chargers fans say to defend their team. Funny how they have to constantly try to defend their team's character.

Their character's been on display not just this season, but last; it's a staple that they like to tuant and talk crap, but they cry foul when they lose and it's done to them. They continue doing so even way after the game is won, but when they lose, they get all humble and make like they didn't say anything. They even get down on each other when things go south, then pretend to the press like it never happened. It's that same lack of character that's going to prevent them from winning a superbowl, depite their talent.