PDA

View Full Version : Bucky news?

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Anybody heard about BuckHalter's injury and if he is going to be back this week? There are no injuries reported on the Broncos NFL page..that mean nobody is hurt?
For that matter what about Stokely?

Shutdown
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Anybody heard about BuckHalter's injury and if he is going to be back this week? There are no injuries reported on the Broncos NFL page..that mean nobody is hurt?
For that matter what about Stokely?

He was a full participant in practice today.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
He was a full participant in practice today.

:woot: Knew a little ankle wouldn't keep a good man down!!!

Stokely too?

broncofaninfla
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Good! Buck is a our big play back, can't wait to see him back!

Brand
10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
I would see Moreno starting with Buck coming in for fewer but effective plays.....

What a great 1 - 2 punch. Like Carolina has. On O, I think that has been a good evolution......

NightTrainLayne
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I would see Moreno starting with Buck coming in for fewer but effective plays.....

What a great 1 - 2 punch. Like Carolina has. On O, I think that has been a good evolution......

I've been thinking this as well. Don't forget that our Offensive Coordinator, Mike McCoy, was with the Panthers these past few years.

claymore
10-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Buckhalter will be back
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 15, 2009 3:30 PM ET
The Broncos should have their top two running backs available when they head to San Diego on Monday night.

Correll Buckhalter says his injured ankle is "90%" and that he will definitely play against the Chargers. Josh McDaniels may still list Buckhalter as questionable, but his expected presence will help Denver's quietly effective running game. San Diego's defense was run through Rashard Mendenhall in their last game and Buckhalter leads the NFL with 7.2 yards per carry on the season.

The Giants-Saints game is flashier, but no Week Six game has bigger implications than Broncos-Chargers. Denver can take a commanding three and a half game lead in the AFC West over the Chargers with a win; the two teams face off again in Denver in Week Eleven.

The Chargers put themselves in a similar hole last season, but 8-8 is unlikely to be good enough for a playoff berth this time around.

JDL
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I am concerned as well about Alphonso Smith. Ayers seems to be getting comfortable and actually making his presence known a little bit, Smith was going so well, but Jack Williams has been far more visible the past few weeks, since Smith's injury. He was active last week - it would be nice to see him able to make some plays again like he flashed earlier in the season/preseason.

outdoor_miner
10-15-2009, 04:32 PM
I am concerned as well about Alphonso Smith. Ayers seems to be getting comfortable and actually making his presence known a little bit, Smith was going so well, but Jack Williams has been far more visible the past few weeks, since Smith's injury. He was active last week - it would be nice to see him able to make some plays again like he flashed earlier in the season/preseason.

I'm going to say with 90% certainty that Smith's injury is hampering him. He looked amazing the first two games, got hurt on one of the first plays against the Raiders, didn't play against Dallas, and seemed to be used sparingly against New England. I think they're just bringing him back slowly.

After seeing how physical and aggressive he was against Cinci and Cleveland, I really believe he'll be a big factor once he's 100% (hopefully this week).

Lonestar
10-15-2009, 04:36 PM

I have no issues with the two of them pushing each other and getting better.. all the better when Champ hangs them up..

TXBRONC
10-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm glad Buckhalter was back at practice yesterday hopefully he'll be ready to go on Monday. As well as Moreno is running it would be comforting to me we had our two running backs healthy for this game.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Good news. We'll need all hands on deck for SD.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2009, 10:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Buckhalter could play Monday

October 15, 2009 7:15 PM
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

It looks like Denver running back Correll Buckhalter is on his way to playing Monday night in a pivotal game against San Diego.

Buckhalter practiced fully Thursday. He was on the practice field Wednesday, but the Broncos were not required to put out a practice participation report because the game Monday. Buckhalter’s injury status, if any, will be released Saturday.

Buckhalter did not play against New England in Denver’s 20-17 overtime win with a high ankle sprain. When he was hurt against Dallas, it was thought he’d miss 1-2 games. Buckhalter is averaging 7.2 yards per carry. If he plays against San Diego, he will likely work in a rotation with rookie Knowshon Moreno.

Linebacker Stephen Cooper didn’t practice for San Diego with a knee injury. Cooper has 39 tackles in four games.

Day1BroncoFan
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

Buckhalter could play Monday

October 15, 2009 7:15 PM
Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

It looks like Denver running back Correll Buckhalter is on his way to playing Monday night in a pivotal game against San Diego.

Buckhalter practiced fully Thursday. He was on the practice field Wednesday, but the Broncos were not required to put out a practice participation report because the game Monday. Buckhalter’s injury status, if any, will be released Saturday.

Buckhalter did not play against New England in Denver’s 20-17 overtime win with a high ankle sprain. When he was hurt against Dallas, it was thought he’d miss 1-2 games. Buckhalter is averaging 7.2 yards per carry. If he plays against San Diego, he will likely work in a rotation with rookie Knowshon Moreno.

Linebacker Stephen Cooper didn’t practice for San Diego with a knee injury. Cooper has 39 tackles in four games.

Glad to hear Buckhalter will be playing.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear Buckhalter will be playing.

I know Moreno can handle the job but I'll be very happy to see Buckhalter playing on Monday. That being said I hope Moreno gets his first 100 yard rushing preformance on Monday.

broncofaninfla
10-16-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm happy with Moreno to date but Buck is our biggest threat in the backfield, glad to see he'll be back this week. When I saw him in crutches I thought the worse.......

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm happy with Moreno to date but Buck is our biggest threat in the backfield, glad to see he'll be back this week. When I saw him in crutches I thought the worse.......

I do wonder if that ankle sprain is going to slow him down.

NightTrainLayne
10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I do wonder if that ankle sprain is going to slow him down.

I saw Buckhalter quoted as saying that he was "90%" somewhere yesterday.

That's a pretty quick recovery for a "high" ankle sprain. Sometimes those things can linger forever. I hope that they're not rushing him back too soon, especially since we have the bye week to aid in recovery.

But if he says 90%, then I'm sure he's in pretty good shape.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I saw Buckhalter quoted as saying that he was "90%" somewhere yesterday.

That's a pretty quick recovery for a "high" ankle sprain. Sometimes those things can linger forever. I hope that they're not rushing him back too soon, especially since we have the bye week to aid in recovery.

But if he says 90%, then I'm sure he's in pretty good shape.

That is good news.

horsepig
10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Bucky is so explosive I'd love to see him back in there, but I hope they don't rush it.

TXBRONC
10-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Bucky is so explosive I'd love to see him back in there, but I hope they don't rush it.

I wouldn't think they would try rush him back onto the field since Moreno is more than capable of taking on extra responsibilities.