PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Rivers...

Pages : [1] 2

Snapping Turtle
12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Sucks, just looking at him and I feel sick. Seriously, I wouldn't hate the Chargers as much as I do if it wasn't for him. He is like...Tom Brady in my book...terribly disgusting.

I dont write "smack" in here, I wouldnt call it smack anyway, but yeah I couldnt keep it in any longer.

slim
12-24-2007, 10:50 PM
He likes dudes.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I agree. I have always hated the guy with a passion. Tonight brought it to a new level. Totally classless move by Rivers. I smell karma in the playoffs.

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 10:51 PM
He's also a *****.

I'm done watching this bullshit, so I'm watching my new Dave DVD, but Rivers is a *****.

Stand Ablaze
12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
It's going to be sooooo sweet watching the Chargers and Rivers CHOKE in the playoffs.

Snapping Turtle
12-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I dont know if you heard them say it, but apparantly he and Champ are no longer friends because Champ doesnt like him. Champ is a pretty good guy and Im sure hes a great judge of character. If Champ doesnt like him I DONT LIKE HIM. :mad:

:laugh:

slim
12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
It's going to be sooooo sweet watching the Chargers and Rivers CHOKE in the playoffs.

Yes, it is funny that they don't even realize they are about to be ***** slapped in the first round of the playoffs....something to look forward to, I guess.

Escobar
12-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I dont know if you heard them say it, but apparantly he and Champ are no longer friends because Champ doesnt like him. Champ is a pretty good guy and Im sure hes a great judge of character. If Champ doesnt like him I DONT LIKE HIM. :mad:

:laugh:I agree.......i agree with champ..hes the coolest guy on the broncos

Rivers talks too much for his low stats

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 10:59 PM

I'm not sure why Champ would be friends with him in the first place. I'm a little disappointed in that. Atleast he has finally come to the conclussion that Rivers is a big douche.

Snapping Turtle
12-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure why Champ would be friends with him in the first place. I'm a little disappointed in that. Atleast he has finally come to the conclussion that Rivers is a big douche.

Champ's a good guy, he gives everyone a chance. ;)

broncogirl7
12-24-2007, 11:03 PM
This guy is definately a classless jerk and I can't wait to see him crushed in the playoffs.

dogfish
12-24-2007, 11:14 PM
rivers is a sorry punk, and that's not just a homer statement-- i can admit that the chargers have some damn good players, some guys i have a lot of respect for like LT and jamaal williams. . . but rivers is a nothing-- if he didn't have some killer talent around him he would get utterly exposed for the scrub he is. . .

plus, he's more emotional than a little high school girl-- get a grip dude, this is pro football!

BroncoBJ
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
oh helllllllll

When I saw that I had a new player to Hate.
I've always hated him but Wow.
What a lowlife.

I'm making sure to get my Broncos/Chargers tickets next year.

I'm going to go to his hotel and tell him whats up.
I might even break his neck :salute:

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Champ's a good guy, he gives everyone a chance. ;)

That sounds like something Jesus would do. Happy birthday Jesus! Have a good one buddy!

KCL
12-24-2007, 11:17 PM
rivers is a sorry punk, and that's not just a homer statement-- i can admit that the chargers have some damn good players, some guys i have a lot of respect for like LT and jamaal williams. . . but rivers is a nothing-- if he didn't have some killer talent around him he would get utterly exposed for the scrub he is. . .

plus, he's more emotional than a little high school girl-- get a grip dude, this is pro football!

I didnt watch the whole game...what the hell did he do?

besides beat the Broncos

but seriously did something happen?

dogfish
12-24-2007, 11:18 PM

besides beat the Broncos

nothing in particular-- that's an opinion i've had of him for the last two years. . .

BroncoBJ
12-24-2007, 11:18 PM

besides beat the Broncos

Yea Something happened.
Which is why theres about 50 threads on it :lol:

tubby
12-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I want to plant a palm tree in his ass.

UnderArmour
12-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Sucks, just looking at him and I feel sick. Seriously, I wouldn't hate the Chargers as much as I do if it wasn't for him. He is like...Tom Brady in my book...terribly disgusting.

I dont write "smack" in here, I wouldnt call it smack anyway, but yeah I couldnt keep it in any longer.

Even Tom Brady doesn't talk trash or make faces at people from the opposite sideline.

Bronco4ever
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM

besides beat the Broncos

He was cocking off and saying "Bye Bye" to the Broncos. He stood there the whole time with his stupid ass grin on his face thinking he's cool shat. It was totally classless and he deserves a swift kick in the butt.

KCL
12-24-2007, 11:36 PM
He was cocking off and saying "Bye Bye" to the Broncos. He stood there the whole time with his stupid ass grin on his face thinking he's cool shat. It was totally classless and he deserves a swift kick in the butt.

OUCH!!!! :eek:

broncosfanscott
12-25-2007, 01:38 AM
I agree.......i agree with champ..hes the coolest guy on the broncos

That is one of the reasons Champ is one of my favorite players. He is a class act and lets his play do the talking. He gives players props when its there and doesn't really talk smack at all.

JCDavey
12-25-2007, 02:18 AM
merry christmas guys

have a happy holidays, and please, be safe.

MOtorboat
12-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Edit:

I hate people who are just good because of the other people around them and they don't recognize it.

Rex
12-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Edit:

I hate people who are just good because of the other people around them and they don't recognize it.

Like Chase Daniel?

MOtorboat
12-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Like Chase Daniel?

LMAO! Nice...

Bronco9798
12-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Like Chase Daniel?

Ouch...:laugh:

MOtorboat
12-25-2007, 10:43 AM
BTW...live in Missouri...not a fan of Missouri...for those wondering...

Rex
12-25-2007, 10:43 AM
BTW...live in Missouri...not a fan of Missouri...for those wondering...

LSU? Ohio State? Who is it now?

MOtorboat
12-25-2007, 10:46 AM
LSU? Ohio State? Who is it now?

Definitely in to Memphis basketball right now.

girler
12-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Too bad Lynch didn't rip Rivers' head off. We could have all taken turns puking down his neck.

Kapaibro
12-25-2007, 04:07 PM
And he looks like a cheap imitation Thunderbirds puppet, sorry, marionette!

Colorado4Life
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Philip Rivers Sucks!!! I mean seriously... Does he now think that he is the next heavyweight boxing champion of the world? I hope the Faiders knock him on his rear a lot in their next game together... Go Chokeland!

Broncolingus
12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
And he looks like a cheap imitation Thunderbirds puppet, sorry, marionette!

How about Team America?

Philip Rivers looks like a man that know's how to get down on his knee's and...well, you know.

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Philip Rivers sucks! What a gigantic tall river rat!

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
The Chargers are a classy organization. ESPN says so... So I don't know why everyone is talking bad about them.

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 12:02 PM
BossHogg: Chris Berman on the Chargers, "They could go all the way to the playoffs and then choke for the second straight year" Bolts Suck!

BroncoJoe
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
I need to find Timmy! 's post about Harry Potter. It would be perfect for cry me a Rivers.

Snapping Turtle
12-27-2007, 12:07 PM
The Chargers are a classy organization. ESPN says so... So I don't know why everyone is talking bad about them.

The Chargers in general are classy I think...but Rivers is not. :rolleyes:

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Sail the Rio Douche.....

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Classy is such an overused cliche... The Bolts Suck! I wouldn't even want someone to call my Broncos classy... I mean seriously... They're a great football team and thats it. A team with history and pride.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Philip Rivers needs a mouth enema.

Colorado4Life
12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Philip Rivers needs the Faiders to knock him on his rear a few times and remind him how Super Bowlless he really is....

Kapaibro
12-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Yeah but ESPN also says that the Patriots are the bestest ever and we should all support them, and the Yankees.

ESPN is trying to be Tom Brady/A-Rod's new b'artch, and now they seem to want to throw Rivers in the mix.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I like Tom Brady more than Rivers...

Talks less and certainly has more than enough money in the credibility bank to talk smack...

sanluis
12-27-2007, 02:46 PM
You Hate Rivers???
Could it be that he owns Denver right now??
He is 4-0 against Denver as a starter.
Sure , he doesn't block
he doesnt run the ball well
he doesnt make tackles or sacks.

HE JUST WINS!!! :laugh:

I wouldn't like him either if I was Denver fan!

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
You Hate Rivers???
Could it be that he owns Denver right now??
He is 4-0 against Denver as a starter.
Sure , he doesn't block
he doesnt run the ball well
he doesnt make tackles or sacks.

HE JUST WINS!!! :laugh:

I won't like him either if I was Denver fan!

Where does he put his 4-0 Against Denver trophy?

Rivers hasn't won diddly.

sanluis
12-27-2007, 03:05 PM

He isn't 4-0 as a starter against Denver?? :confused:

Rex
12-27-2007, 03:06 PM

It is right next to the 14-2 trophy.

It is just down the hall from the 1994 Hall of Honor room.

sanluis
12-27-2007, 03:11 PM

I would think it is over at Rivers house. But whatever...

You know your team sucks when all you can talk about is trophy polish. Just ask the 9ers or Raiders. You want to talk about football or what?:cool:

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Exactly.

He's a winner of 4 regular season games. Wow. I wonder if they've already made his bust for Canton.

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I would think it is over at Rivers house. But whatever...

You know your team sucks when all you can talk about is trophy polish. Just ask the 9ers or Raiders. You want to talk about football or what?:cool:

You're the one who called Rivers a "Winner". Come back when he's actually won something other then a regular season game.

Rex
12-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Rivers is a hack. Weak ass sidearm throwing sissy with a big mouth. Put that guy in NY instead of SD and he flames out.

He has THE BEST RB in the NFL, THE BEST TE in the NFL, and an outstanding OL...not to mention one of the best defenses in the NFL. Brody Croyle would succeed on that team.
He should blow Marty S and AJ for trading Eli and getting his sorry ass and then trading their good QB to give that A hole a chance.

His mouth is writing checks that his ass will have to cash soon. I cant wait.

BTW, check the stats Cutler v. Rivers. Then, when you team wins something of significance, come back and talk to us....because it has been 14 years since they did.

sanluis
12-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Well you have to win to get to the dance. And I don't see any dancing shoes in Denver. :D

Rex
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Well you have to win to get to the dance. And I don't see any dancing shoes in Denver. :D

You idiots have not won a significant game in 14 years. Dance all you want. 1 and out. Mark it down.

MOtorboat
12-27-2007, 03:35 PM
San Diego fans apparently have the same IQ as their quarterback.

Broncolingus
12-27-2007, 03:35 PM

That's a good point actually...

The last dance Denver won was in 31 Jan, 1999...

When was the last dance SD won?

Yeah, and quote me that AFL Championship in '63...

sanluis
12-27-2007, 03:58 PM
That's a good point actually...

The last dance Denver won was in 31 Jan, 1999...

When was the last dance SD won?

Yeah, and quote me that AFL Championship in '63...

1999!!! How many Denver QBs and Running backs ago was that?? :confused:

BOSSHOGG30
12-27-2007, 04:01 PM

When was the last time the Chargers won a playoff game? Oh yeah, you wouldn't know because you are a bandwagon fan.

MOtorboat
12-27-2007, 04:05 PM

So let me get this straight...LaDainian Tomlinson has been in the league for eight seasons and he's never won a playoff game, and he's only played in two. And you're on here trying to tell us what a bunch of "winners" the Chargers are? Good lord. Come back when they win something.

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Rio Douche and his merry band of tubesteaks.....

I can't wait for next year. And I am just an internet hack salesguy with a mortgage and a boner.

Rex
12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
So let me get this straight...LaDainian Tomlinson has been in the league for eight seasons and he's never won a playoff game, and he's only played in two. And you're on here trying to tell us what a bunch of "winners" the Chargers are? Good lord. Come back when they win something.

Neither has Tony Gonzalez. Just sayin'.

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Neither has Tony Gonzalez. Just sayin'.

Yeah, but I don't really hate the Chefs....Whenever I see them play I get that feeling like when you are stuck behind the short bus in traffic. Yeah, they take a long time to get on and off, but you really can't complain.

Bronco4ever
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Phyllis has no room to talk. He must be very proud of 1994 to beat his chest as much as he has.

Rex
12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but I don't really hate the Chefs....Whenever I see them play I get that feeling like when you are stuck behind the short bus in traffic. Yeah, they take a long time to get on and off, but you really can't complain.

I hate them. I cant help it. It is like Miller Light. No matter how much I try it, it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, Captain Mullet with his IQ of 60 plays for the Chiefs.

DallasChief
12-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't think you'll see Tony G act like the pompous ass that Rivers is. I think Tony is fully aware that he hasn't ever won anything.

Rex
12-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't think you'll see Tony G act like the pompous ass that Rivers is. I think Tony is fully aware that he hasn't ever won anything.

I know. But it was a chance to take a shot at the Chiefs. Dont take it personall you big gay bear.

MileHighWrath
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.geocities.com/highwrath3002/Philip_rivers.JPG

Dreadnought
12-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Rivers is a low talent high salary human dingleberry. Between him and Merriman the Chargers have two of the biggest douchebags in the NFL on their roster.

No matter - one and done. I'll actually be rooting for the Colts and Pats over these wankers

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Rivers is a low talent high salary human dingleberry. Between him and Merriman the Chargers have two of the biggest douchebags in the NFL on their roster.

No matter - one and done. I'll actually be rooting for the Colts and Pats over these wankers

Good post Dread. Really good post.

Rio Douche is a cockpunch also. Can I say that?

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Good post Dread. Really good post.

Rio Douche is a cockpunch also. Can I say that?

That is the BroncosFreak (R.I.P.) word of the year for 2007.

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
That is the BroncosFreak (R.I.P.) word of the year for 2007.

I think the 06 word was 'asshat', right?

Rex
12-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the 06 word was 'asshat', right?

Maybe, I dont remember. It was either that or Pony Diver.

Dreadnought
12-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Wait a minute - I'm old and slow. Is Rivers a "cockpunch" or a "Clownpunch"? Maybe both? Some clarification is in order.

I also love that Bronco and Chief fans can unite in hating this little pimple

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Wait a minute - I'm old and slow. Is Rivers a "cockpunch" or a "Clownpunch"? Maybe both? Some clarification is in order.

I also love that Bronco and Chief fans can unite in hating this little pimple

Only because of Kelly Croyle.

Dreadnought
12-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Say, I noticed from your sig that Cutler has a much better QB rating than gheyboy Rivers. Whaddya know? Even with Rivers having LT, a real defense, and a top notch O-line Cutler has outperformed the little weinie.

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Say, I noticed from your sig that Cutler has a much better QB rating than gheyboy Rivers. Whaddya know? Even with LT, a real defense, and a top notch O-line Cutler has outperformed the little weinie.

Yeah, but when it comes to thrown helmets, Rivers is kicking Jay's ass.

sanluis
12-27-2007, 11:03 PM
In four career starts against the Broncos, Rivers has a 119.8 passer rating, and the Chargers have won all four by an average of 39-13. In those games, he has completed 69.6 of his passes for 960 yards and seven touchdowns with two interceptions.

“I understand some of the frustration is they've lost four in a row to this team,” Rivers said. “People don't like losing four in a row.”

You guys miss Jay throwing his helmet Christmas eve. Stomped over to the bench and sat by himself. Don't throw rocks in your glass house people.:listen:

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
You guy miss Jay throwing his helmet Christmas eve. Stomped over to the bench and sat by himself. Don't throw rocks in your glass house people.:listen:

Nineteen ninety four.

JONtheBRONCO
12-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Quite frankly, I hope Rivers gets his head torn off.

sanluis
12-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Nineteen ninety four.

That's it ..sit in the corner and remember the good old days. Then click your heels together and repeat there is no place like home over and over again. Soon your mom will be in to take you to bed junior. :lol::kiss:

slim
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
That's it ..sit in the corner and remember the good old days. Then click your heels together and repeat there is no place like home over and over again. Soon your mom will be in to take you to bed junior. :lol::kiss:

Come back once you have won something. I am so looking foward to your first round beatdown. You do realize it's going to be a beatdown, right?

BeefStew25
12-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Fire Marty to hire the Shotgun Blast....Unload Brees to start Rio Douche.....

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM

A.) We have good old days.
B.) Tomlinson..."Greatest back ever,"...never won a playoff game.
C.) 14-2, first-round loss.
D.) Let's fire the coach!

Maybe it's the fact that you suck! Ever think of that.

BTW...only five teams have NOT won a playoff game since the Chargers have. Wow...that's impressive.

Snapping Turtle
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/lijicons101/rivers.jpg:laugh:

jrelway
12-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Quite frankly, I hope Rivers gets his head torn off.

i cheers to that.

JONtheBRONCO
12-28-2007, 03:34 AM

Wow, Hilarious!

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 08:14 AM

Okay, that's gonna give small children nightmares.

GEM
12-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Rivers may want to start watching his mouth....it's being noticed around the league by the guys that go in there and do the hitting. Rivers won't be laughing too much when he pisses the wrong person off and they take out a knee.I especially loved how he waited until they put in his backup to talk ish. Whatta friggen little girl. Hello Phyllis....who came by and tore off your kahunas.

Football politics has a way of taking care of big mouth no talents. :whistle: Not wishing it on him, but he's his own worst enemy right now.

Check out the article:

SAN DIEGO -- It's on YouTube now, so it must have happened, right?

Well, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers tried to downplay his animated exchange with Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler on Monday night, which was caught by ESPN's cameras.

Philip Rivers

Rivers
Jay Cutler

Cutler

Rivers can be seen jawing from the sideline toward Cutler, who had just thrown an incomplete pass on fourth down midway through the fourth quarter of the Chargers' 23-3 victory. Chargers linebacker Matt Wilhelm can be seen mockingly waving toward Cutler.

Asked what he was saying to Cutler, Rivers said, "Nothing. There was really nothing said to him, to be honest with you." Liar... man up to what you said ya chicken ish little girl....

The AFC West champion Chargers (10-5) returned to work Wednesday for the first time since winning their fifth straight game and for the ninth time in 11 games.

"I ain't really thought nothing more of it," Rivers said.

The QB said the trash talk Monday night was "no different than any other game I've ever played in since I was 10 years old. There was nothing unusual going on in that game. Just like anything that gets on the TV, it can be taken any way you want it to.

"There's no animosity from me towards him, whatsoever. I don't know if that's the same on his end," Rivers said.

It certainly wasn't in the Broncos' locker room.

Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said there's no excuse for what Rivers did.

"And I don't really care for the guy, first of all," Bailey said in a story posted on The Rocky Mountain News' Web site. "He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now.

"You're surrounded by great players, but you're not a great player. I think he needs to understand where he stands in this league -- where he stands on his team first and foremost."

Cutler was more reserved when he met with reporters Wednesday.

"We've talked about it. I'm not going to get into it," Cutler said. "It was an unfortunate situation. They talked a lot and the talk got heated between the two teams. Personally I don't think the teams like each other, which is fine. It's just going to add to it next year. It's going to be exciting."

The Chargers swept Denver for the second straight year, holding the Broncos to just a field goal in each game. San Diego won 41-3 at Denver on Oct. 7.

Minnesota Vikings safety Darren Sharper, who's preparing to face the Broncos on Sunday, chimed in on Rivers. Sharper said it was "surprising" to see Rivers and Cutler getting after it.

Asked if those kind of exchanges happen often, Sharper said, "No it doesn't, but Rivers is that kind of guy. He likes to run his mouth. He's going to learn he is going to have to stop doing that, too."

Sharper said Rivers mouthed off during the Chargers' 35-17 loss at Minnesota on Nov. 4, when Vikings rookie Adrian Peterson shredded San Diego's defense for an NFL-record 296 yards.

"He just runs his mouth a little bit," Sharper said.

Chargers coach Norv Turner said he discussed the matter with Rivers.

"I talked to him and he understands where I'm coming from," Turner said.

Kapaibro
12-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Hello Phyllis....who came by and tore off your kahunas

I love it!

Thank god you didn't use the beloved name Doris!

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Rivers sucks...

He's Ryan Leaf with a really good team around him.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:12 PM
So if Rivers sucks so bad it sure must mean Cutler is even worse. One would have to think Jay is on just a whole lower level of suck.

Jay has a new deal and is going to be making even more money being the front man for this fine new product.

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/i/dyson-dc14-animal.jpg

:rofl:

Rex
12-28-2007, 02:14 PM
So if Rivers sucks so bad it sure must mean Cutler is even worse. One would have to think Jay is on just a whole lower level of suck.

Jay has a new deal and is going to be making even more money being the front man for this fine new product.

That's a big dildo. I bet it took you a while to get used to that monster.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM

Rivers sucks...doesn't have anything to do with Cutler, Young, or anybody else for that matter.

Dude is a whiner and a sissy, and when that team of yours starts to go down the toilet, like ya'll always do after a few years of decent play, this crap-talk and attitude that he's grown accustomed too is going to come back on him big-time.

You should have kept Brees, BTW...

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
:lol:
That's a big dildo. I bet it took a while to get used to that monster.

That's not what your girl friend said!

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 02:23 PM
:lol:

That's not what your girl friend said!

---weak---

Rex
12-28-2007, 02:25 PM
---weak---

Pretty bad. Could have said "mom" at least.

BroncoJoe
12-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Very weak.

Oh, and how about we check the stats between your sissy boy and Cutler....

Hum. I wonder who had a better year....

BeefStew25
12-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Very weak.

Read below:beer:.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks, "What is your IQ?" The man answers "241." "That is wonderful!," says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the Universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?" the lady answers, "144." "That is great!," responds Albert. "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!"

Albert goes to another person and asks, "What is your IQ?" the man answers, "51."

Albert responds, "How about your Chargers?"

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Rivers sucks...doesn't have anything to do with Cutler, Young, or anybody else for that matter.

Dude is a whiner and a sissy, and when that team of yours starts to go down the toilet, like ya'll always do after a few years of decent play, this crap-talk and attitude that he's grown accustomed too is going to come back on him big-time.

You should have kept Brees, BTW...

LOL! You guys all sound like whiners!!

http://www.mskissel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/baby-crying.gif

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 02:37 PM
LOL! You guys all sound like whiners!!

http://www.mskissel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/baby-crying.gif

So is your quarterback, linebacker, defensive end, defensive tackle and sometimes your running back.

Rex
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
1994. Any questions?

KCL
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
1994. Any questions?

Yes as a matter of fact...I do have a question but probably
shouldn't ask on here.

Really hate to highjack the thread.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Very weak.

Probably the one that did enough to get into the playoffs smart guy! :der:

But you want to wrap yourself in that stat sheet go right ahead. Maybe it will ease your pain.

JCDavey
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
brees? the guy who started this year 1 td to 9 ints? lol stupid unknowledgeable football fans

dude can't even win in the nfc, his record is 17-13 the last 2 years there

his last 20 games vs afc opponents, he's 9-11 ....that's horrible

he's like cutler...he lost to the texans haha

GEM
12-28-2007, 02:47 PM
brees? the guy who started this year 1 td to 9 ints? lol stupid unknowledgeable football fans

And unbelievably in the last 2 years....he has that record and still has a playoff win......Unlike Rivers....great record and a playoff loss. :coffee:

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:48 PM

LMAO! The Texans!!! How that feel losing to your old offensive coordinator ??

Brees is fine were he is IMO!

DallasChief
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Well, the Texans are 7-8.

The Chargers lost the Chiefs. hahahhahhahahahahaha

I think that's worse.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
And unbelievably in the last 2 years....he has that record and still has a playoff win......Unlike Rivers....great record and a playoff loss. :coffee:

Hi beautiful GEM. At least Rivers has a chance to correct that this year!:D

Rex
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
1994 douche bags.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM
1994 douche bags.

You are a
http://www.hartleymusic.com/broken%20record.jpg

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Your right...

Put Rivers on NO's team this year and I'm sure he'll get them to the playoffs - and win there like he always does, eh?

DallasChief
12-28-2007, 02:54 PM

Technically, the Saints are not eliminated yet.

Rex
12-28-2007, 02:54 PM
You are a
http://www.hartleymusic.com/broken%20record.jpg

Just like SD's playoff record.

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
A list of teams that have longer post-season droughts than the Chargers:
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Detroit
Cleveland

That's a good list.

BroncoJoe
12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
A list of teams that have longer post-season droughts than the Chargers:
Cincinnati
Kansas City
Detroit
Cleveland

That's a good list.

Very impressive list.

Chargers will not win their first (and only) playoff game.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Just like SD's playoff record.

How Jay's playoff record coming along.. oh wait, you have to actually win games to get there, I guess we will never know. :laugh:

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 03:00 PM
How Jay's playoff record coming along.. oh wait, you have to actually win games to get there, I guess we will never know. :laugh:

Well, this is his first full year, so I wouldn't get too excited about throwing that out there.

Rex
12-28-2007, 03:02 PM

You are the King of Smack arent you.

Seriously, this is weaker than Obi Groo.

Seriously,
Go google SDs team history and report back playoff wins, SB appearances, and SB wins.

tia.

sanluis
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, this is his first full year, so I wouldn't get too excited about throwing that out there.

Jay's a loser. He always has been a loser and he always will be a loser.

Look at his leadership skills! Good thing you guys gave up two first round picks for the guy!

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72792636.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB63C48C3236D9C749 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Jay's a loser. He always has been a loser and he always will be a loser.

Look at his leadership skills! Good thing you guys gave up two first round picks for the guy!

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72792636.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB63C48C3236D9C749 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

That's it?

"Jay's a loser?"

Dude, c'mon...

...you can do better than that.

BroncoJoe
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
This has got to be the weakest smack talker I've ever met.

Super Bowl Championships? 0

sanluis
12-28-2007, 03:14 PM
That's it?

"Jay's a loser?"

Dude, c'mon...

...you can do better than that.

Show us how it's done slick!

Or you to busy sniffing trophy polish?
Wax on ... Wax off!!

http://www.miraclesilverpolish.com/images/silver_plus.jpg

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Show us how it's done slick!

Or you to busy sniffing trophy polish?
Wax on ... Wax off!!

http://www.miraclesilverpolish.com/images/silver_plus.jpg

Okay...that's a little better, with a photo and all, but it's off-track.

Try again...

Remember, you're arguing how River's isn't a psychopathic, schizophrenic, maladjusted social misfit, and who's clearly not in the middle of a deep homosexual panic.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Okay...that's a little better, with a photo and all, but it's off-track.

Try again...

Remember, you're arguing how River's isn't a psychopathic, schizophrenic, maladjusted social misfit, and who's clearly not in the middle of a deep homosexual panic.

If Rivers didn't have a p*ssy there'd be a bounty on his head...:D...

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
If Rivers didn't have a p*ssy there'd be a bounty on his head...:D...

Very good...did I get that right?

It's been a while and the ole memory isn't what it used to be...

BTW, that photo of your's looks like my wife's sister.

GEM
12-28-2007, 03:39 PM

The key word there is chance.....he had a chance at home last year and all he got was some little Pansy doing a dance on his logo. :D

sanluis
12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
The key word there is chance.....he had a chance at home last year and all he got was some little Pansy doing a dance on his logo. :D

You got that right. What did Jay accomplish his first full year as a starter?:D

Simple Jaded
12-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Very good...did I get that right?

It's been a while and the ole memory isn't what it used to be...

BTW, that photo of your's looks like my wife's sister.

:shocked: Damn! Hook a brother up!

Damn right you got it right, who could forget it?......

Rex
12-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Better stats than Phillis without the all pro's on offense.

GEM
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Well let's see....he set a crapload of records and increased the number of YPG by a drastic amount over the last QB, all while having an unrestricted, undrafted RB behind him, his best WR out, new TE's, his C out for the season, his best OLineman out for the season and a defense that has completely fallen apart.

I guess some QB's aren't so lucky to have that HOFer named LT behind him, a pretty damn good OL protecting him and a supploid freak on the other side of the ball. :shrugs:

Don't you find it funny that Phyllis started his taunting after he got off the field? How about that he doesn't even have the kahunas to say what he really said on the field? I thought guys got things for xmas.....poor lil Phyllis had someone come in and steal his kahunas......chicken ish lil biatch. :whistle:

sanluis
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Well let's see....he set a crapload of records and increased the number of YPG by a drastic amount over the last QB, all while having an unrestricted, undrafted RB behind him, his best WR out, new TE's, his C out for the season, his best OLineman out for the season and a defense that has completely fallen apart.

I guess some QB's aren't so lucky to have that HOFer named LT behind him, a pretty damn good OL protecting him and a supploid freak on the other side of the ball. :shrugs:

Don't you find it funny that Phyllis started his taunting after he got off the field? How about that he doesn't even have the kahunas to say what he really said on the field? I thought guys got things for xmas.....poor lil Phyllis had someone come in and steal his kahunas......chicken ish lil biatch. :whistle:

So ..how do you really feel?! :boxing::D

Sounds like you are making a lot of excuses for your boy Jay. Just sayin...

GEM
12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
So ..how do you really feel?! :boxing::D

Sounds like you are making a lot of excuses for your boy Jay. Just sayin...

:D hahah.

I don't need to make excuses for him, those are the facts jack.

Phyllis is a product of the talent around him. You know it. I know it. Unfortunately for your QB's knees, he don't know it. He'll learn when he mouths off to the wrong person and they put a hurting on him. I'll be nice, I won't say I told you so when it happens. :D

sanluis
12-28-2007, 04:44 PM
:D hahah.

I don't need to make excuses for him, those are the facts jack.

Phyllis is a product of the talent around him. You know it. I know it. Unfortunately for your QB's knees, he don't know it. He'll learn when he mouths off to the wrong person and they put a hurting on him. I'll be nice, I won't say I told you so when it happens. :D

Don't call me Jack.....:D

No, you earned the right by calling it now. You go right ahead and tell me so. :D
Still, the Titans already took a shot at River's knee , Merriman's knee , Jamal 's ankle, and Lo Niels leg to name a few. They were fined big time for it by the league. That was a wicked game. Makes last Monday look like a powder puff game.

GEM
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Don't call me Jack.....:D

No, you earned the right by calling it now. You go right ahead and tell me so. :D
Still, the Titans already took a shot at River's knee , Merriman's knee , Jamal 's ankle, and Lo Niels leg to name a few. They were fined big time for it by the league. That was a wicked game. Makes last Monday look like a powder puff game.

Hell, I've seen a 7th grade championship game that made Monday night look like a powder puff game. :laugh: That's not saying much.

Heck....if the Sparklers had to play the Broncos in the playoffs...perhaps you guys would actually get a win. It's nice hanging your hat on beating the Broncos....too bad it really doesn't amount to much more than a reg season win. 2 whole seasons in a row......over a 40 year span.....AWESOME! :laugh:

sanluis
12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Hell, I've seen a 7th grade championship game that made Monday night look like a powder puff game. :laugh: That's not saying much.

Heck....if the Sparklers had to play the Broncos in the playoffs...perhaps you guys would actually get a win. It's nice hanging your hat on beating the Broncos....too bad it really doesn't amount to much more than a reg season win. 2 whole seasons in a row......over a 40 year span.....AWESOME! :laugh:

Beating Denver is ALWAYS a good thing! I don't think I will hang my hat on it or count my chickens before they are hatched and all that. But it is a great thing for a Charger fan. Because Denver has been the team to beat in our division for a long , long time. Now that we have that done it is time to get ready for Oakland and then the playoffs!

So Gem, do you think Jay was a saint in all this and did nothing wrong when all the Charger players were waving goodbye to him?:confused:

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Beating Denver is ALWAYS a good thing! I don't think I will hang my hat on it or count my chickens before they are hatched and all that. But it is a great thing for a Charger fan. Because Denver has been the team to beat in our division for a long , long time. Now that we have that done it is time to get ready for Oakland and then the playoffs!

So Gem, do you think Jay was a saint in all this and did nothing wrong when all the Charger players were waving goodbye to him?:confused:

Nope, but I find it funny that Phyllis came out onto the field to do the jarring on a 4th down....I didn't see Jay walking over to your sideline to talk to Phyllis. :shrugs: The ironic thing is Phyllis calling Jay a baby....when we all know what a spoiled lil crybaby Phyllis is. I'm used to temper tantrums from a 2 year old, never quite seen one from a grown man like I've seen from Phyllis....it's almost cute til I remember that he's in his mid 20's.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Nope, but I find it funny that Phyllis came out onto the field to do the jarring on a 4th down....I didn't see Jay walking over to your sideline to talk to Phyllis. :shrugs: The ironic thing is Phyllis calling Jay a baby....when we all know what a spoiled lil crybaby Phyllis is. I'm used to temper tantrums from a 2 year old, never quite seen one from a grown man like I've seen from Phyllis....it's almost cute til I remember that he's in his mid 20's.

(...Ryan Leaf...)

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:28 PM
(...Ryan Leaf...)

Touche!! :laugh:

MOtorboat
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Look...we all know you haven't been there, but act like you have. It will serve you better in time.

Just some fun facts for the day:

Between 1996 and 2005, Denver was 15-5 against the Chargers, including five seasons that they swept the Chargers. They also outscored the Chargers 516-323 in those 20 games.

Oh, and I hear Denver won a couple of Super Bowls in there, too.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Touche!! :laugh:

Thx...

...or, you can try that little yellow dude in the top right corner...

Go ahead...you'll like it.

Trust me.

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Thx...

...or, you can try that little yellow dude in the top right corner...

Go ahead...you'll like it.

Trust me.

Are you trying to con me out of my contributor points?? Cause it worked. :laugh:

sanluis
12-28-2007, 05:33 PM

I am not going to defend any of the chargers smack talk. It makes me sick. I wish they would shut up. If they want to talk crap come on a MB and let er rip. On the field let your play do the talking. Point to the score board and walk away.

As for Cutler he did walk toward the Chargers sideline and was obviously saying something. So he is right there with them.

Broncolingus
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Are you trying to con me out of my contributor points?? Cause it worked. :laugh:

No way...would I do that?

I seriously hope whatever ends up shaking down, doesn't come with points or whatever...I agree that lead to trouble, particularly with the sensitive types.

Just a quick kudos with nothing much more is kinda cool though...

BTW, back at ya...

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
No way...would I do that?

I seriously hope whatever ends up shaking down, doesn't come with points or whatever...I agree that lead to trouble, particularly with the sensitive types.

Just a quick kudos with nothing much more is kinda cool though...

BTW, back at ya...

But I miss my neg powers over here. :(

Yea right, I've had them over on BC for about a year and have given out a total of about 5. :laugh:

I like this system.

GEM
12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not going to defend any of the chargers smack talk. It makes me sick. I wish they would shut up. If they want to talk crap come on a MB and let er rip. On the field let your play do the talking. Point to the score board and walk away.

As for Cutler he did walk toward the Chargers sideline and was obviously saying something. So he is right there with them.

Dammit, I wish we could have seen what Jay was saying....I'm guessing he was grabbing his jock and asking Phyllis where his kahunas went. :whistle:

sanluis
12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Dammit, I wish we could have seen what Jay was saying....I'm guessing he was grabbing his jock and asking Phyllis where his kahunas went. :whistle:

Jay Must have learned that from his Center Tom Nalen?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anUD41amlqE

:eek:

broncosfanscott
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
(...Ryan Leaf...)

It is interesting that you mentioned him because I was watching NFL Network and Rod Woodson said that that is who Rivers reminds him of when he was watching the clip of Rivers running his mouth. When I heard that I couldn't help but laugh. :laugh:

Dreadnought
12-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Well, I think I'll ignore this thread from now on. Page after page of a silly Bolts fan trying to pump up the mediocrity they have at QB. The Bolts screwed up bigtime when they let Brees go. Rivers is at best an average QB with average potential - no real future upside. That, plus a crappy attitude and demeanour - kinda like Jeff George without all that natural talent. Can't wait to see him get buried in the playoffs

Cutler has all the tools, and is already playing at a much higher level than Rivers. I think 20 years from now Cutler is remembered, maybe even great, while Rivers is a trivia question. Maybe like an Erik Kramer; one or two good individual seasons with Barry Sanders at RB, then oblivion.

BigDaddyBronco
12-28-2007, 11:36 PM
It's amazing how many Chargers fans there are recently. Yet it is always an easy place to get a last minute ticket in SD. Fairweather fans in SD have made their franchise an afterthought in the real rivalries in the AFC West. KC-OAK-DEN. You could move SD out of the division like they did with Seattle and everyone wouldn't care.

By the way, I would love to hit Cry-me-a-Rivers in the face with a shovel.

Dreadnought
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Phillip Rivers - the next Dave Kopay....

Colorado4Life
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Philip Rivers Sucks!

sanluis
01-03-2008, 05:54 PM
:listen:2007 Denver Broncos SUCK!!!!!:laugh:

BeefStew25
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
1994-2007 Rio Douches suck....

Dreadnought
01-04-2008, 09:45 AM
My biggest question re: Rivers is if he buys his underwear at Victoria's Secret, or goes for that sluttier Frederick's of Hollywood look? Thoughts?

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
...found in Phileep Rivers bag at Qualcomm.

http://z.about.com/d/toys/1/0/D/J/MagicHair.jpg

BeefStew25
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
By Keith Darcé

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

January 4, 2008
The San Diego Chargers face a local TV blackout for Sunday's playoff game unless the home team sells its remaining 350 tickets by 1:30 p.m. today – a task made tricky by a winter storm predicted for game time and the thousands of tickets for resale on the Internet.

JOHN GASTALDO / Union-Tribune
Some sellers have dropped asking prices more than 50 percent below the face values.
The National Football League granted the Chargers a 24-hour extension to reach a Qualcomm Stadium sellout after the team failed to make yesterday's initial deadline. The last NFL playoff blackout was in January 2002.

As the chilly-and-rainy forecast has become more certain, Chargers season-ticket holders and ticket brokers flooded the resale market with tickets for the first-round game against the Tennessee Titans. Some sellers have dropped asking prices more than 50 percent below the face values of $100 to $135.

The sluggish demand reinforces Southern California's reputation for fair-weather fans.

“I've been to playoff games in the rain twice,” said Manny Rose II of North Park, who was selling three tickets online on Craigslist. “I would probably prefer to sit in front of the TV. I know that's sad since I'm a die-hard fan, but I see no shame with watching the game on TV.”

The National Weather Service has forecast rain and temperatures in the mid-to upper 50s for Sunday afternoon as the last of a series of weekend storms pushes through the region.

“Wear something waterproof,” weather service forecaster Philip Gonsalves advised. “It's going to be chilly, and it will be breezy too.”

JOHN GASTALDO / Union-Tribune
Stephen Bowdler bought several tickets for Sunday's playoff game from a window at Qualcomm Stadium yesterday. The last NFL playoff blackout was in 2002.
StubHub, which runs the Chargers' official ticket resale site, listed more than 635 posts offering playoff tickets for sale yesterday.

Reseller TicketsNow had 3,121 tickets listed on its Web site late yesterday afternoon, spokeswoman Jennifer Swanson said. That was far more than for any of the other three NFL playoff games this weekend. The next-largest number was 920 tickets for the Washington Redskins-Seattle Seahawks game in Seattle.

The lowest listed price for a Chargers-Titans ticket was $49, down from $69 on Wednesday, Swanson said.

“It points again to what people have said for years about fans in Southern California,” said Darin David of Millsport, a Dallas sports consulting firm that studies sports teams. “It's a fairly fickle fan base.”

Losses could climb into the thousands of dollars for some brokers who end up reselling tickets for less than what they paid, said John Nelson, manager of Spectator Tickets in San Diego. “We've been lowering prices two to three times a day,” he said.

Spectator still had about 200 tickets to sell for Sunday's game, and the broker won't be adding to its stock.

“It's like the Titanic,” Nelson said. “How many people do you want to put on the boat if you know it's going to sink?”

Other factors also could be holding down demand. Some speculated that fans are still stinging from the Chargers' disappointing postseason loss last year at home against the New England Patriots – the third consecutive playoff defeat dating to 1995 – or that fans might not realize that tickets are available to the general public.
“We've sold out for 29 straight games,” said Jim Steeg, chief operating officer of the Chargers. “I think a lot of fans thought we were automatically sold out for this one.”

Fans of the Nashville, Tenn.-based Titans aren't buying game tickets either. Only 7 percent of the tickets sold through TicketsNow were bought by people in Tennessee, Swanson said, while California buyers accounted for about 80 percent.

“The Titans come from a small market,” said David of Millsport. “They were a transplant team. They don't have a huge national following like a Cleveland or a Pittsburgh or a Green Bay.”

Chargers officials remained optimistic that fans will fill most, if not all, of Qualcomm's 70,000 seats Sunday.

“I brought home a little elastic baggie to put over my head,” said Rose, the Chargers fan. “I'm kind of gearing up to put my (rain) gear together. My heart is a little bit torn, because I want to go.”

Dreadnought
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
The sluggish demand reinforces Southern California's reputation for fair-weather fans.

“I've been to playoff games in the rain twice,” said Manny Rose II of North Park, who was selling three tickets online on Craigslist. “I would probably prefer to sit in front of the TV. I know that's sad since I'm a die-hard fan, but I see no shame with watching the game on TV.”

Bwahahahaha! What a load of pansies! "Die hard fans" LMFAO!

Broncolingus
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Bwahahahaha! What a load of pansies! "Die hard fans" LMFAO!

Where is Sanluis on this one anyway?

sanluis
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM

He is probably from New York! Most people aren't from San Diego. Most people in Southern California are from some place else. These transplants are pitiful fans. I agree.

Dude... die hard fans don't sell their f---ing tickets! I would like to punch him in the face. That's how I feel about it. :mad:

BeefStew25
01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
He is probably from New York! Most people aren't from San Diego. Most people in Southern California are from some place else. These transplants are pitiful fans. I agree.

Dude... die hard fans don't sell their f---ing tickets! I would like to punch him in the face. That's how I feel about it. :mad:

Yeah, those New York fans aren't diehard at all. You can walk right up to Giants Stadium and get Jets or Giants tickets on the day of a playoff game.

sanluis
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, those New York fans aren't diehard at all. You can walk right up to Giants Stadium and get Jets or Giants tickets on the day of a playoff game.

And when they move to San Diego who do they cheer for dumb ass?:laugh:

BeefStew25
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM

Your Chargers during a good season.

Nice name calling.

Enjoy the blackout.

frauschieze
01-04-2008, 12:24 PM

So....what you're saying then is that all southern Cali fans are pansies? Who are these people they sold tickets to all season?

That's what I thought.

sanluis
01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
So....what you're saying then is that all southern Cali fans are pansies? Who are these people they sold tickets to all season?

That's what I thought.

What you're saying is you want to put words in my mouth. :tsk:

There are great fans in Southern California and then there are transplants that keep their old teams from home or who ever they cheered for when they were kids. Most people want to live in California so we have a very high percentage of these type of people. And they tend to let the home team down.

Do your two brain cells understand ??? Or is that too complicated for you?

https://cams.llnl.gov/graphics/Fotolia_2948261_sm.jpg

MOtorboat
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Act like you've been there...

frauschieze
01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
What your saying is you want to put words in my mouth. :tsk:

There are great fans in Southern California and then there are transplants that keep their old teams from home or who ever they cheered for when they were kids. Most people want to live in California so we have a very high percentage of these type of people. And they tend to let the home team down.

Do your two brain cells understand ??? Or is that too complicated for you?

https://cams.llnl.gov/graphics/Fotolia_2948261_sm.jpg

I was applying logic, obviously something that is a struggle for you.

So you're saying that there aren't enough REAL Chargers fans to fill the stadium for a playoff game. Is that correct?

sanluis
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I was applying logic, obviously something that is a struggle for you.

So you're saying that there aren't enough REAL Chargers fans to fill the stadium for a playoff game. Is that correct?

Yes, it Looks that way so far. And this is due to the transient nature of the population base.

frauschieze
01-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, it Looks that way so far. And this is due to the transient nature of the population base.

That is sad.

Are you going?

sanluis
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
That is sad.

Are you going?

It is sad.

I live in San Luis Obispo and it is a six hour drive each way. I usually go to one or two games a year. If I can work it out I will go. I work at a University and the first day of classes is that Monday. So it does not look very promising right now. In addition there are winds gusting over 100 MPH and heavy rain. But if I lived in the area I would be there for sure. Not like the limp ass fan quoted in the above article.

:salute:

frauschieze
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
It is sad.

I live in San Luis Obispo and it is a six hour drive each way. I usually go to one or two games a year. If I can work it out I will go. I work at a University and the first day of classes is that Monday. So it does not look very promising right now. In addition there are winds gusting over 100 MPH and heavy rain. But if I lived in the area I would be there for sure. Not like the limp ass fan quoted in the above article.

:salute:

If I had a chance to see my team possibly bury an embarrassing playoff win drought for $49 and a six hour drive, I would.

sanluis
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
If I had a chance to see my team possibly bury an embarrassing playoff win drought for $49 and a six hour drive, I would.

:listen:I am trying. :D

GEM
01-04-2008, 01:38 PM
:listen:I am trying. :D

That's cause all those damn Californians have migrated to Colorado and their friggen yuppy bootays can't drive in snow....you can have them back. :D

sanluis
01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
That's cause all those damn Californians have migrated to Colorado and their friggen yuppy bootays can't drive in snow....you can have them back. :D

LOL!! I bet you don't mind the equity they help build in your home prices? :D
They can be good for business!

But some can't drive worth a dam!!!;)

GEM
01-04-2008, 01:55 PM
LOL!! I bet you don't mind the equity they help build in your home prices? :D
They can be good for business!

But some can't drive worth a dam!!!;)

No...not really. We're in the middle of a housing crisis....Californians haven't helped out too terribly much. They just get better houses for less money.

Most of them come in in their little stupid Honda's and go down an ice packed street doing 60 and then wonder why they slide into the car in front of them......DUH!

sanluis
01-04-2008, 02:03 PM
No...not really. We're in the middle of a housing crisis....Californians haven't helped out too terribly much. They just get better houses for less money.

Most of them come in in their little stupid Honda's and go down an ice packed street doing 60 and then wonder why they slide into the car in front of them......DUH!

Wow!! Sorry about that. We do like to drive fast LOL! Sounds like we are the opposite of the snow birds in Palm Springs. Every winter throngs of retires from the northern USA and Canada come to Palm springs and drive like 10 MPH! It really sucks!

GEM
01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow!! Sorry about that. We do like to drive fast LOL! Sounds like we are the opposite of the snow birds in Palm Springs. Every winter throngs of retires from the northern USA and Canada come to Palm springs and drive like 10 MPH! It really sucks!

:laugh: Key word there.....RETIREES!!

Heck I'm all for driving fast...in fact I love it....just not when there is at least a foot of ICE, not snow, ICE on the ground. :laugh:

The funniest thing is when they get out of the car afterwards and say....shoot that was really slick.....ya think? haha

sanluis
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
:laugh: Key word there.....RETIREES!!

Heck I'm all for driving fast...in fact I love it....just not when there is at least a foot of ICE, not snow, ICE on the ground. :laugh:

The funniest thing is when they get out of the car afterwards and say....shoot that was really slick.....ya think? haha

LMAO!! Well make sure you stay safe and get the heck out of the way GEM!! :ahhhhh:
:D

frauschieze
01-04-2008, 02:28 PM

I respectfully disagree. I think the funniest thing when they get out of their car is when the fall flat on their ass.

GEM
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I respectfully disagree. I think the funniest thing when they get out of their car is when the fall flat on their ass.

:laugh: That works too!

darrent/hero
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM

this ike my exact description.

the chargers would be ok in my book if they still had drew brees.

he is respectable and i like him.

but rivers is a bum..................i know some charger fans that cant stand him.

darrent/hero
01-04-2008, 06:19 PM
"I ain't really thought nothing more of it," Rivers said.

"no different than any other game I've ever played in since I was 10 years old.

.[/I]

the first line explains alot to me.

the second line is false because he is ten years old.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
cry-me-a Rivers IS a classless tool. After a huge road win, rather than take the victory like a man and allow his and his team's play on the field to speak for itself, he decided, as a classless tool would, to scream and yell at the Indy fans.

Someone sometime somewhere in some game is going to end this fools career because cry-me-a-Rivers can't keep is juvenile mouth shut. While I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, it may be inevitable.

MOtorboat
01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
cry-me-a Rivers IS a classless tool. After a huge road win, rather than take the victory like a man and allow his and his team's play on the field to speak for itself, he decided, as a classless tool would, to scream and yell at the Indy fans.

Someone sometime somewhere in some game is going to end this fools career because cry-me-a-Rivers can't keep is juvenile mouth shut. While I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, it may be inevitable.

Not to mention that Billy Volek was the guy who actually stepped in and won the game...what a tool.

NightTrainLayne
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM

Not to mention that Billy Volek was the guy who actually stepped in and won the game...what a tool.

Exactly. After not even playing for virtually the whole second half. . .

Is it just me or did I catch a quick shot of LT getting in River's face after he came back to the sideline, presumably about the fact that he wasn't coming back into the game (helmet off).

Bronco Bible
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Is it just me or did I catch a quick shot of LT getting in River's face after he came back to the sideline, presumably about the fact that he wasn't coming back into the game (helmet off).

I saw that too NTL,is he not the classiest player you ever saw:rolleyes:
But the point I was going to make is someone is going to hand Rivers his ***

BigDaddyBronco
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Exactly. After not even playing for virtually the whole second half. . .

I caught that as well, he had a disgusted look on his face after he asked Rivers something. It looked like LT wanted to slap Rivers. If LT isn't really hurt badly though he is a hypocrite, since he wasn't playing either. Biggest stud on that team is Gates playing with a toe he dislocated last week.

God, I hate Rivers though. Going off the field he was talking **** to the crowd then apparently Dierdorf saw him do it at the end of the game because he commented on it. River is the most classless QB I have seen in the NFL ever! He needs a shovel in the face.

It's unbelievable that I even care about the Chargers, given their history (or lack thereof), but now I might even hate them more than the Raiders or Cheifs. Thanks Rivers, you classless, irritating, tool.

MileHighWrath
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I saw that too NTL,is he not the classiest player you ever saw:rolleyes:
But the point I was going to make is someone is going to hand Rivers his ***

That's the point I was trying to make as well. Defenses are already focusing in on the opposing QB. cry-me-a-rivers is too stupid to understand that he is bringing more intent to harm upon him by flapping his lips like he does.

Time to grow up little girl, or someone is going to rip you apart.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I have never really disliked the Bolts until Rivers and Merry-man...

I still think what I thought was going to happen at Indy...the Patsies are going to destroy the Bolts.

Kudos to BV for coming in off the bench and pulling out a win...Rivers could take some lessons from him about conducting himself as a pro.

BigDaddyBronco
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I have never really disliked the Bolts until Rivers and Merry-man...

I still think what I thought was going to happen at Indy...the Patsies are going to destroy the Bolts.

Kudos to BV for coming in off the bench and pulling out a win...Rivers could take some lessons from him about conducting himself as a pro.
I saw a fluff piece on Merry-man where he rebuilt a couples house that burned down in the fires and he came off as a halfway decent human being. So I don't like Merry-man (hate his retarded sack dance, think he is a steroid freak, etc.), but he isn't in my hate list yet.

Rivers is just such a classless a**hole. Getting into shouting matches with fans, taunting an opposition QB, and obviously rubbing his teammates the wrong way. Don't know the guy, but he doesn't look like a decent guy or even a good human being.

Broncolingus
01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I saw a fluff piece on Merry-man where he rebuilt a couples house that burned down in the fires and he came off as a halfway decent human being. So I don't like Merry-man (hate his retarded sack dance, think he is a steroid freak, etc.), but he isn't in my hate list yet.

Rivers is just such a classless a**hole. Getting into shouting matches with fans, taunting an opposition QB, and obviously rubbing his teammates the wrong way. Don't know the guy, but he doesn't look like a decent guy or even a good human being.

Well said, sir...

Merry-man will inevitably 'idiot-out' again, so save yourself the time and just hate now.

broncosfanscott
01-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Raging Rivers?

Chargers quarterback continues to run his mouth, but insists it's all in good fun, so why stop

By Kevin Acee
STAFF WRITER

January 17, 2008

Philip Rivers was being true to himself – which, ironically, is how he landed in the center of this storm in the first place – when he vowed again yesterday not to change.

“If you've followed me around since I was 5 years old, you'd see the same thing every Saturday afternoon in the backyard,” Rivers said. “You saw it for 51 games at (North Carolina) State, and you'll probably catch something this weekend.”

Always demonstrative and never quiet on the field, the Chargers quarterback has been vilified since the Christmas Eve game in which cameras caught him yelling in the direction of Denver quarterback Jay Cutler.

Now, with the Chargers preparing to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game at New England, Rivers is being portrayed nationally as a bad sport, a punk and the face of a Chargers team full of attitude.

Wrote Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com:

“Philip Rivers = Terrell Owens.

SEAN M. HAFFEY / Union-Tribune
Chargers QB Philip Rivers jaws with Titans fans during playoff game.
“They're the same person; trash-talking twins. Absolute doppelgangers. They're both showboats. They both let their emotions get the best of them. Most of all, they're both impossible to root for.

“In fact Rivers, Owens, Chad Johnson and Joey Porter's version of hell is a place that doesn't include a camera, microphone or mirror.

“Punks, all of them.”

Rivers has responded all along by saying he doesn't know what the hubbub is about. He reiterated that shock yesterday, explaining again he is simply having fun.

“When it stops being fun, that's when I'll stop playing,” he said. “But if you're in the backyard playing with a buddy and you're wearing him out, if you don't think you're going to let him ... All of us were there. You're not going to jab at him? If their parents walk outside, you're not going to tell them, 'Hey, I'm killing him today'? That's all it is. If we can't do that, then I don't know ... .”

Teammates have defended Rivers publicly and in private. Sure, they have rolled their eyes at times, but they know Rivers is just being Rivers. He is having fun, never meaning to be demeaning.
What they see all the time is the hyper 26-year-old engaging teammates in practice, in meetings and in the hallway. He teases teammates and reporters in the locker room. He plays cards with defensive players and talks the entire time.

What's perhaps most amazing to teammates is that in this time of headlines created by Michael Vick, Adam “Pacman” Jones and numerous NFL players being arrested, a man happily married to his middle school sweetheart and expecting their fourth child is being made a villain.

“It's sad,” fullback Lorenzo Neal said. “He brings it on himself, because he does it. But people are saying all these things because they don't know him. The reality is he is a role model. He's a great father, great husband, great Christian, great person. This guy should be the poster boy for the league.”

The only real issue coach Norv Turner has with Rivers' theatrics is his engaging fans, and he has spoken with him about that. “He doesn't need to be turning around talking to a guy in the stands who's had 12 beers,” Turner said.

While Rivers has always been supercharged on the field, this current scorn began to swell that night against the Broncos. Commentators and many fans (even Chargers fans) said his behavior was unbecoming. Days later, Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said he didn't care for Rivers.

“He's not a respectable guy right now, because you talk too much trash and do this and that, but you're really not a great player in this league right now,” Bailey said then. “ ... He kind of represents the classless guy on that team.”

A week later, Oakland fans cheered while Rivers lay on the ground after a hit. He gestured to them as he walked from the field as if to say “Bring it on.”

Then came Sunday's playoff game in Indianapolis. As an injured Rivers was leaving the field before the fourth quarter, fans yelled at him, and he was caught on camera engaging them, telling them he'd be back and that he appreciated their concern. After the game, cameras again caught him on the sideline with his back to the field, talking to fans.

That's something he did last season in comeback victories at Cincinnati and Denver. After last season's playoff loss to New England, cameras caught him screaming that Ellis Hobbs was “the sorriest corner in the league.” Even when caught on camera telling booing fans at Qualcomm Stadium to “shut up” on Nov. 25, there was nowhere near the current outcry.

Worst of all, perhaps, is that Rivers has been linked to the most dreaded name in San Diego sports: Ryan Leaf.

On ESPN's “SportsCenter” on Monday, Mark Schlereth said: “I think the San Diego Chargers need to take a video clip of Ryan Leaf and say, 'Look it, you don't want to end up looking like this.'” To that, fellow analyst Merril Hoge said, “He's starting to.”

“It's kind of unbelievable,” Rivers said. “I'm not going to sit here and turn and put down Ryan Leaf. But sometimes you wonder what gives people the authority to make comparisons?”

The one thing I disagree with is calling Chad Johnson and Joey Porter punk. Chad's actions are entertainment and I have never seen him jaw at fans.

Watchthemiddle
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree that trash talking is fun and all, but being over the top and arrogant about it is a different story.

You don't mock teams, players, and fans of opposing teams over and over.

NightTrainLayne
01-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I can't wait for the Patriots to pound Rivers into the ground this weekend. I can't stand the Pats, but I will be cheering for them full-force this weekend.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
the first line explains alot to me.

the second line is false because he is ten years old.

He's THAT old - you could have fooled me!!!!!!!!!

MileHighWrath
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
“It's kind of unbelievable,” Rivers said. “I'm not going to sit here and turn and put down Ryan Leaf. But sometimes you wonder what gives people the authority to make comparisons?”

You do you idiot, when you behave that way, it's ALWAYS going to come back at you.

Cry-me-a-rivers says he's always played this way, it's fun and he ain't gonna change. Fine, don't grow up, continue to be immature and a sore winner. But someone is going to shut that mouth of his and when it happens, it won't be pretty.

broncosfanscott
01-18-2008, 01:39 AM
You do you idiot, when you behave that way, it's ALWAYS going to come back at you.

Cry-me-a-rivers says he's always played this way, it's fun and he ain't gonna change. Fine, don't grow up, continue to be immature and a sore winner. But someone is going to shut that mouth of his and when it happens, it won't be pretty.

And I hope it is Denver.

BOSSHOGG30
01-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Citing a source, Butch Stearns of WFXT Fox TV in Boston is reporting that Philip Rivers has a partially torn ACL.

The Chargers have been calling Rivers' injury a sprain, or "strain" of his MCL and expect Rivers to be a game-time decision against the Patriots. Stearns says that Rivers hasn't been ruled out of the game, but his side-to-side movements may be restricted. It's worth noting that Stearns isn't exactly considered the most reliable source in the business.

MileHighWrath
01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Citing a source, Butch Stearns of WFXT Fox TV in Boston is reporting that Philip Rivers has a partially torn ACL.

The Chargers have been calling Rivers' injury a sprain, or "strain" of his MCL and expect Rivers to be a game-time decision against the Patriots. Stearns says that Rivers hasn't been ruled out of the game, but his side-to-side movements may be restricted. It's worth noting that Stearns isn't exactly considered the most reliable source in the business.

Nice rep dude has.

"So & so is hurt and might not play." BTW I'm full of crap.

Dreadnought
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM

I think he reminds me less of Ryan Leaf (though its not a bad comparison) than of Jeff George. George played for far crappier teams, but I think we'll see the same kind of melt-downs out of Rivers when things go even a little bit bad.

NightTrainLayne
01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I hope he plays. I want to see him beat down on a personal level by the Pats more than I want to see the Chargers as a team lose.

BOSSHOGG30
01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I want him too play too, so we can see how he does when he is under pressure.

sanluis
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I want him too play too, so we can see how he does when he is under pressure.

To this point I would say he has been a play maker. Against NE he will have an opportunity to silence all the critics.

Dreadnought Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighWrath

I think he reminds me less of Ryan Leaf (though its not a bad comparison) than of Jeff George. George played for far crappier teams, but I think we'll see the same kind of melt-downs out of Rivers when things go even a little bit bad.

Ryan Leaf ??? If you don't know the difference between Leaf and Rivers then you don't know crap about football! So I agree with you Dreadnought , Rivers is nothing like Leaf.

NightTrainLayne
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
To this point I would say he has been a play maker. Against NE he will have an opportunity to silence all the critics.

The critics are already silenced. .. they can't get a word in edge-wise with this guy.

sanluis
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
The critics are already silenced. .. they can't get a word in edge-wise with this guy.

LMAO!!! That was a good one! :lol::lol:

BigDaddyBronco
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM

How the hell do you partially tear an ACL jumping up in the air and then landing?

Wait, wasn't it Gramatica in Arizona that did the same thing celebrating a field goal.

If it's true it would be classic.

MileHighWrath
01-18-2008, 03:15 PM

Ryan Leaf ??? If you don't know the difference between Leaf and Rivers then you don't know crap about football! So I agree with you Dreadnought , Rivers is nothing like Leaf.

Nice misquote charger fan. Maybe next time don't edit my post to include something I did NOT say. At no time did I ever compare cry-me-a-rivers to Ryan Leaf. Now, bend over, reach behind you and pull, when you hear that loud popping sound you will have successfully removed your head from the darkness. Next, OPEN YOUR EYES.

Dreadnought
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I wasn't meaning to pay Rivers a compliment either when I compared him to Jeff George - he just seems very similar in temperment. Without quite as much natural talent.

BOSSHOGG30
01-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Rivers hurt his knee because he forgot his professional kneeling pad and when he went to please his boyfriend Nick Hardwick in the showers he hurt his knee on the hard shower floor.

Source: San Diego Tribune

Dreadnought
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Rivers hurt his knee because he forgot his professional kneeling pad and when he went to please his boyfriend Nick Hardwick in the showers he hurt his knee on the hard shower floor.

Source: San Diego Tribune

Thanks - I was pretty certain it was something like that.

Dreadnought
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
This Playoff loss is on Rivers!

OK, maybe not 100% fair, but so what. The Bolts D played lights out, forced 3 picks, set Rivers up with opportunities. Laughing Boy could not get it done. No TD's. None.

Oh, and it was fun watching how hard Rodney Harrison hit him on that 3rd an 10. I enjoyed that.

Go home Chargers. See you next Year. We'll all watch the Superbowl on TV - LT can use his Vizeo wide panel HD unit. Maybe he could invite Phillip Rivers over, but I suspect he wouldn't want him in his house.

broncogirl7
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Bye, bye Rivers..bye, bye!
Chargers suck!

Dreadnought
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, tough finish for Phillip. Maybe he and Nick Hardwick can rent a cottage on Fire Island or in Provincetown together for the off season.

Bronco4ever
01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, tough finish for Phillip. Maybe he and Nick Hardwick can rent a cottage on Fire Island or in Provincetown together for the off season.

Maybe Igor can come over too... Who? New England? Oh trust me, they are way more worried than we are. They know what's up... There is way too much to celebrate after this game.

tubby
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
http://www.charviinternational.com/images/big_vaginal_douche_spray.jpg

NorthernLights
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Rivers played on knee with ACL 'totally gone'

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers will have reconstructive surgery soon on his right knee. Philip Rivers' anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee is “totally gone” and he will have reconstructive surgery soon. The recovery time for the surgery is not known but Rivers said he definitely will be 100 percent by the start of next season.

Rivers played the entirety of the Chargers' 21-12 loss to the New England Patriots with a right knee with no ACL. He revealed Monday he had arthroscopic surgery last Monday to clean out loose cartilage and enable him to play.

“If I don't do that Monday, I had no chance of playing,” Rivers said. The San Diego Union-Tribune first reported Friday that Rivers had injured his ACL, but the extent of the injury was not known until today.

“The ACL is gone,” Rivers said.

Until Sunday night, Rivers and the team said his injury was just a sprained MCL.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080121-1239-bn21chargers.html

Stats
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers will have reconstructive surgery soon on his right knee. Philip Rivers' anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee is “totally gone” and he will have reconstructive surgery soon. The recovery time for the surgery is not known but Rivers said he definitely will be 100 percent by the start of next season.

Rivers played the entirety of the Chargers' 21-12 loss to the New England Patriots with a right knee with no ACL. He revealed Monday he had arthroscopic surgery last Monday to clean out loose cartilage and enable him to play.

“If I don't do that Monday, I had no chance of playing,” Rivers said. The San Diego Union-Tribune first reported Friday that Rivers had injured his ACL, but the extent of the injury was not known until today.

Until Sunday night, Rivers and the team said his injury was just a sprained MCL.

Couldnt of happened to a nicer guy.:elefant:

broncogirl7
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank God they didn't win. Can you imagine all the, "How great he is for playing with this type of injury," crap?

Medford Bronco
01-21-2008, 05:57 PM

I give him credit for gutting it out.

I just wish they scored TDs and not FGS and won.

BroncoJoe
01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Elway played his entire career without an ACL.

broncogirl7
01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Elway played his entire career without an ACL.

And he wasn't a jerk like Rivers!!!! That is class.

broncosfanscott
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I give him credit for gutting it out.

I just wish they scored TDs and not FGS and won.

For the injury that he had, that was a gutty performance.

I bet Charger fans weren't too pleased to see Seau bust through the line and stop them on 3rd and 1. I just had a feeling that he would make a key play.

Simple Jaded
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Maybe from now on when Rivers sits next to them on the bench his teammates won't get up and walk away......

BroncoBJ
01-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Heres the newest Philip Rivers video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2echNp4tAk

Poor kid :salute:

mclark
01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
As much as we all hate Philip Rivers, he showed a lot of guts playing on one leg in the championship game, more than LT did, in fact.

Rivers had surgery on his knee a week before the game Sunday and now he'll have major surgery after the game. To play on one leg against a pretty terrific defense shows considerable courage.

Do I like Rivers? Well, he really needs to grow up. But, I can't fault his performance against New England. They haven't lost a game yet. We tend to forget how good their defense can be when they need to be.

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey, Eli has his Lombardi. Phillip Rivers does not. Guess the Giants guessed right!

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey, Eli has his Lombardi. Phillip Rivers does not. Guess the Giants guessed right!
Yea, and Eli didn't taunt the Patriots fans like some classless tool either!

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Yea, and Eli didn't taunt the Patriots fans like some classless tool either!

You ever think Rivers sits at home during the offseason and taunts his family?

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 10:46 AM
You ever think Rivers sits at home during the offseason and taunts his family?

I think he sits at home fondling himself with images of hot dudes in his head, to be honest.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I think he sits at home fondling himself with images of hot dudes in his head, to be honest.

I do that also.

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I do that also.
Yea, but they are on your computer screen.

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Yea, but they are on your computer screen.

Do not judge Beef. He is on a personal journey of self discovery.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Do not judge Beef. He is on a personal journey of self discovery.

Thank you dread. I am trying to set some limits here.

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
So anything with a pulse and balls is out?

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM

NP. No matter what, I will still be proud to call you friend.

We are all motivated by different things. Take football. Young men learn to love the game for many reasons. Competition. Comaraderie. physical conditioning. The mental chess match aspects of the greatest game ever invented. Showering with other athletic naked guys in the bloom of youthful manhood.

Which of course gets this thread back on the topic of Phillip Rivers

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
So anything with a pulse and balls is out?

Who are you to judge? You never saw Daniel Santiago naked.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
NP. No matter what, I will still be proud to call you friend.

We are all motivated by different things. Take football. Young men learn to love the game for many reasons. Competition. Comaraderie. physical conditioning. The mental chess match aspects of the greatest game ever invented. Showering with other athletic naked guys in the bloom of youthful manhood.

Which of course gets this thread back on the topic of Phillip Rivers

That is why, as an older gai boi, you can really help steer my development into an affluent closeted latent homo like yourself. There are so many issues. Like, do I wear flannel to the Gay Mixer, or maybe be a Leather Daddy? I don't know.

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Who are you to judge? You never saw Daniel Santiago naked.
Thank God.

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Like, do I wear flannel to the Gay Mixer, or maybe be a Leather Daddy? I don't know.

Well, it depends. If your mixer has a "Brokeback" theme, go with the outdoorsy flannel shirted lumberjack look. If you are going to more of a "coastal" San Francisco or Greenwich Village thing then the black leather chaps can't steer you wrong.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, it depends. If your mixer has a "Brokeback" theme, go with the outdoorsy flannel shirted lumberjack look. If you are going to more of a "coastal" San Francisco or Greenwich Village thing then the black leather chaps can't steer you wrong.

I was thinking courdaroy capri's with a leather vest.

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I was thinking courdaroy capri's with a leather vest.

Umm, well, I see you're into the spirit of the whole Gay thing...but I'm not sure that look actually works anywhere, at least on Planet Earth. Gay guys need to have an impeccable sense of style as a rule. See if you can get some tips from old "Queer Eye" episodes. It might help. Maybe Frau or some of the other ladies can tip you off for some girly fashion tips, coordinating, accesorizing, that kind of stuff. You're just not there yet - but don't get discouraged!

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Umm, well, I see you're into the spirit of the whole Gay thing...but I'm not sure that look actually works anywhere, at least on Planet Earth. Gay guys need to have an impeccable sense of style as a rule. See if you can get some tips from old "Queer Eye" episodes. It might help. Maybe Frau or some of the other ladies can tip you off for some girly fashion tips, coordinating, accesorizing, that kind of stuff. You're just not there yet - but don't get discouraged!

Is there such thing as a butch gay?

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Is there such thing as a butch gay?

Phillip Rivers! See, we just de-jacked the thread!

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Phillip Rivers! See, we just de-jacked the thread!

It all comes back to Rio Douche, doesn't it?

Dreadnought
02-04-2008, 11:30 PM
It all comes back to Rio Douche, doesn't it?

At least when it comes to extreme Gay-ness, yes it does!

broncosfanscott
02-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Now we all know why Eli didn't want to play for the Charger.........he wanted to win the Super Bowl.

NorthernLights
02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Since it's the off season, and I need something to talk about other than a draft two months hence, I would like the Rivers bashers to listen to this:

http://ne.edgecastcdn.net/0000A6/esp...01172008_8.mp3

For those who don't want to put in the time to listen, it is a podcast of Eric Allen calling into a radio program to defend Rivers. He said he watched the teams tape of the Broncos/Charger game (not the film available to everyone else) and said he saw Cutler grabbing himself and basically starting the trash talking. All everyone saw on the network feeds was Rivers and crew talking back to Cutler. Rivers gets hammered for it and Cutler slides.

I am interested in hearing those calling Rivers classless. Knowing now what Cutler did, do you still stand by that assessment?

I think this should get everyone's hackles up in a hurry.

GEM
02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Since it's the off season, and I need something to talk about other than a draft two months hence, I would like the Rivers bashers to listen to this:

For those who don't want to put in the time to listen, it is a podcast of Eric Allen calling into a radio program to defend Rivers. He said he watched the teams tape of the Broncos/Charger game (not the film available to everyone else) and said he saw Cutler grabbing himself and basically starting the trash talking. All everyone saw on the network feeds was Rivers and crew talking back to Cutler. Rivers gets hammered for it and Cutler slides.

I am interested in hearing those calling Rivers classless. Knowing now what Cutler did, do you still stand by that assessment?

It would if it wasn't about 3 weeks old and we hadn't heard it a million times already. :coffee:

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM

I am going to need videotape evidence.