PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Rivers...

Pages : 1 [2]

NorthernLights
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I am going to need videotape evidence.

Let me ask IF it is true, how would you feel towards Rivers?

GEM
02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
I still wouldn't like him.....I don't really like any Chargers players, if that makes you feel any better.

NorthernLights
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I still wouldn't like him.....I don't really like any Chargers players, if that makes you feel any better.

That's fine. I don't expect opposing fans to embrace other teams players. I think the venom towards Rivers is unjustified to the point of wanting him hurt. Dislike him for being on a rival team, but not because of something perceived to have been done towards your team.

BeefStew25
02-11-2008, 06:59 PM
:graspingatstraws:

GEM
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
That's fine. I don't expect opposing fans to embrace other teams players. I think the venom towards Rivers is unjustified to the point of wanting him hurt. Dislike him for being on a rival team, but not because of something perceived to have been done towards your team.

Ya know....if this was a one time thing where it just got out of control with one team....I could really understand your point of view. The guy is a known big mouth. I don't like him because he's a Charger and because he has a big mouth with no reason for it. You all call it vivacious, we call it classless. Tomaaaato vs. tomato. If you like him initially, you are going to love him for it. If you already dislike him, it's going to make you hate him for it. Why are you so worried how the broncos fans percieve Rivers? We could care less what you think of Cutler. :shrugs:

claymore
02-11-2008, 07:20 PM
That's fine. I don't expect opposing fans to embrace other teams players. I think the venom towards Rivers is unjustified to the point of wanting him hurt. Dislike him for being on a rival team, but not because of something perceived to have been done towards your team.NTLS, I like you. I think the venom is good for the division. A new "rivalry" is happening before our eyes. I love it. The **** that Rivers is being criticized for makes me love it all the more. Raiders and Queefs are weak, I look forward to next season. :beer:

NorthernLights
02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Why are you so worried how the broncos fans percieve Rivers?

You guys started the thread, not me. I am basically here to defend my favorite team. In doing so, I won't bash the Broncos or their fans. I keep it respectful knowing that this isn't my teams forum.

Besides, it's no fun doing this on the Raiders forums. Trying to discuss something with them is like having a conversation with Bigfoot. :D

claymore
02-11-2008, 07:27 PM
You guys started the thread, not me. I am basically here to defend my favorite team. In doing so, I won't bash the Broncos or their fans. I keep it respectful knowing that this isn't my teams forum.

Besides, it's no fun doing this on the Raiders forums. Trying to discuss something with them is like having a conversation with Bigfoot. :D

LMAO, those retards.............. Well are retards. No offense DC, Cswill, Beef, MB, HD, Tned, etc.....................:elefant:

broncosfanscott
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Since it's the off season, and I need something to talk about other than a draft two months hence, I would like the Rivers bashers to listen to this:

http://ne.edgecastcdn.net/0000A6/esp...01172008_8.mp3

For those who don't want to put in the time to listen, it is a podcast of Eric Allen calling into a radio program to defend Rivers. He said he watched the teams tape of the Broncos/Charger game (not the film available to everyone else) and said he saw Cutler grabbing himself and basically starting the trash talking. All everyone saw on the network feeds was Rivers and crew talking back to Cutler. Rivers gets hammered for it and Cutler slides.

I am interested in hearing those calling Rivers classless. Knowing now what Cutler did, do you still stand by that assessment?

I think this should get everyone's hackles up in a hurry.

Well, the link doesn't work and even so, it wouldn't change my opinion of Rivers one bit. I don't like the guy and that's the way its going to be.

Rivers gets hammered because he does it all the time. And yelling at fans.......come on.

Dreadnought
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM

God doesn't make much that is as Stupid as a Raider fan, I'll give you that. Snails. Fungus. Clams. The guy in my office who still thinks that I care how good Stabler was in 1976. Thats about it.

NorthernLights
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Check this out:

Champ impressed with Rivers

Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey still thinks Philip Rivers talks too much. But the elder statesman of NFL cornerbacks watched the AFC Championship game last month and came away with a new respect for the Chargers quarterback after Rivers played against the Patriots with a torn ACL.

"I couldn't believe he went out there," Bailey said today after the AFC Pro Bowl squad practiced. "I'm very impressed. He's very tough."

Bailey in December criticized Rivers as being classless and talking too much after the teams played a Monday night game on Christmas Eve.

I wanted to talk to Bailey about Rivers, because Bailey is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys in the league, always accomodating and a thoughtful speaker. And anyone who has read my blog or mailbag for a time knows I am a staunch defender of Rivers as one of the most genuine people I have ever known. more...

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/weblog/archives/019444.html

broncosfanscott
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
For the injury that Rivers had, I was impressed with him playing the whole game. However, I still don't like him.

Some of the comments on that article just crack me up.

AlWilsonizKING
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Check this out:

Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey still thinks Philip Rivers talks too much. But the elder statesman of NFL cornerbacks watched the AFC Championship game last month and came away with a new respect for the Chargers quarterback after Rivers played against the Patriots with a torn ACL.

"I couldn't believe he went out there," Bailey said today after the AFC Pro Bowl squad practiced. "I'm very impressed. He's very tough."

Bailey in December criticized Rivers as being classless and talking too much after the teams played a Monday night game on Christmas Eve.

I wanted to talk to Bailey about Rivers, because Bailey is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys in the league, always accomodating and a thoughtful speaker. And anyone who has read my blog or mailbag for a time knows I am a staunch defender of Rivers as one of the most genuine people I have ever known.

For the injury that Rivers had, I was impressed with him playing the whole game.

Elway did it through college, AND 16 seasons in the NFL.

PEACE!!!

Colorado4Life
02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Rivers Sucks!

Colorado4Life
03-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Philip Rivers still sucks!

NorthernLights
03-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Elway did it through college, AND 16 seasons in the NFL.

PEACE!!!

Impressive, but I have one question. Why? This whole knee surgery thing isn't a 21st century invention.

AlWilsonizKING
03-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Impressive, but I have one question. Why? This whole knee surgery thing isn't a 21st century invention.

I ask myself the same thing.....I suffered an ACL tear while skateboarding and everytime I landed wrong it would pop out or my knee would bend sideways......that is until I got it fixed...now I have no effects from it.

All I can guess is because ELWAY IS THE MAN!!!!

PEACE!!!

Colorado4Life
03-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Rivers Sucks!

NorthernLights
03-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Rivers Sucks!

A record of 27-9 as a starter and he sucks? The Raiders would have to play for 8 years to win 27 games. :D

Eye of the beholder I guess.

BeefStew25
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
A record of 27-9 as a starter and he sucks? The Raiders would have to play for 8 years to win 27 games. :D

Eye of the beholder I guess.

Well, then Kyle Orton is awesome also.

NorthernLights
03-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, then Kyle Orton is awesome also.

I guess so since the brain trust in Chicago just re-upped him. Orton or Grossman, pick your poison.

JONtheBRONCO
03-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Check this out:

I wanted to talk to Bailey about Rivers, because Bailey is widely regarded as one of the classiest guys in the league, always accomodating and a thoughtful speaker. And anyone who has read my blog or mailbag for a time knows I am a staunch defender of Rivers as one of the most genuine people I have ever known. more...

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/weblog/archives/019444.html

I watched this interview. Champ was pretty much cornered into saying Rivers being a tough player. It's not like Champ is going to say he's a jerk off on television. I've never hated the Chargers, but now with Igor (schmuck) and cry me a Rivers, I can't stand them.

Rivers sucks...

NorthernLights
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I watched this interview. Champ was pretty much cornered into saying Rivers being a tough player. It's not like Champ is going to say he's a jerk off on television. I've never hated the Chargers, but now with Igor (schmuck) and cry me a Rivers, I can't stand them.

Rivers sucks...

From everything that I've heard or read about Champ, he is a class act. The Rivers/Cutler era is just starting, and hopefully there will be many great games between two really good QB's. I know Jay scares me, but that is also why I am looking forward to the games. It isn't as though Oakland is going to have anything to watch anytime soon. KC looks just as bad.

Should be fun. Enjoy.

Colorado4Life
03-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Philip Rivers Sucks!

honz
03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
So I have never visited the "Duck Before Entering" forum until now, but I had to stop in and say that Phillip Rivers sucks the big one.

NorthernLights
03-28-2008, 10:55 AM
So I have never visited the "Duck Before Entering" forum until now, but I had to stop in and say that Phillip Rivers sucks the big one.

Geez. You suck one big one and you're labled for life. :D

Hoshdude7
03-31-2008, 08:59 AM
...is a douchebag

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I went ahead and browsed the Chargers forum and damn, zero respect for Cutler. I think most, in just general conversation, would say they're comparable at this point and one could make an argument for either one being better; but hot-damn, you don't get any of that from a lot of Chargers fans.

sanluis
04-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I went ahead and browsed the Chargers forum and damn, zero respect for Cutler. I think most, in just general conversation, would say they're comparable at this point and one could make an argument for either one being better; but hot-damn, you don't get any of that from a lot of Chargers fans.

You know what would be even more surprising? Finding a Denver fan praising Rivers! Now that would be a shock. :D

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
You know what would be even more surprising? I Denver fan praising Rivers! No that would be a shock. :D

It's not necessarily wanting praise as it is acknowledging that both are solid players. I've seen plenty of Broncos-fans respect Rivers play, but you just don't get that same kind of acknowledgement reciprocating from Chargers-fans. Maybe it's because the only time they see him is in Chargers/Broncos games, I dunno, but the way they bash Cutler you'd think he was Matt Leinart or Joey Harrington or something.

NorthernLights
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
It's not necessarily wanting praise as it is acknowledging that both are solid players. I've seen plenty of Broncos-fans respect Rivers play, but you just don't get that same kind of acknowledgement reciprocating from Chargers-fans. Maybe it's because the only time they see him is in Chargers/Broncos games, I dunno, but the way they bash Cutler you'd think he was Matt Leinart or Joey Harrington or something.

Respect Rivers play? In a thread specifically made to bash him. I find that funny.

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Respect Rivers play? In a thread specifically made to bash him. I find that funny.

I didn't even realize this was the smack forum :lol:

So, well, respect him outside this specific forum...

Anyway, now that I realize I'm in here: PHILIP RIVERS IS TEH SUK!!1@!2!

sanluis
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I didn't even realize this was the smack forum :lol:

So, well, respect him outside this specific forum...

Anyway, now that I realize I'm in here: PHILIP RIVERS IS TEH SUK!!1@!2!

OOPS!!:D

LOL!!! :lol:

Dreadnought
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Bottom line on Rivers - he plays for a remarkably talented team, and he is the weakest link. I think Rivers is personally responsible for the fact that the Chargers will be unable to take that step towards being a Great team. Like, I dunno, 97/98 Denver for instance. As long as he is at QB, Charger fans can look with pride on Tobin Rote, Lance Alworth, Keith Lincoln, Paul Lowe, Ernie Ladd, and the rest of the 1963 Chargers as the best team San Diego has ever fielded or is likely ever to field.

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Rivers sucks!