PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Brandon Marshall....

RunYouOver
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
After another solid win, I’d like to take a look at a not so unknown player and his not too unknown impact on our team.
We all know about Brandon Marshall’s situation. The trouble and controversy in the preseason, the concern over his playing time the first couple games, and now lately his return to excellence. With the excellence, not surprisingly, comes the wonderful attitude he displayed at times last year, also when we were winning.
This leaves us with a few issues;
a) Should we trust that he actually did learn his lesson by getting suspended?
b) Do we think he ever really wanted out of Denver like he said, or did he just want money?
c) Most importantly, do we give him a big raise and sign him on long term, or do we let him walk after this season? Or do we sign him and then trade him?

The answer? Everyone will have their own opinion, but at this stage of the season, I’d guess most people want us to extend him. However, once (if) he starts acting up again, the attitudes of Broncos Country will surely be changing again.

It doesn’t work like that though…we need to make a decision, and we need to stick with it.
The truth is I don’t think we have a choice. Josh McDaniels may have made the right decision after all trading away Cutler, and it looks like as of now, he played the BMarsh situation right too. But I think his point has been made, and we’ll have to tolerate any little inconvenience Marshall brings along from this point forward.

Our early schedule played perfectly to our advantage. Our team had many new players, a new coach, a new system…lots of new parts. It took a couple games for things to get going, offensively at least. But was it really the players adapting to the new system, or was Marshall the cause and effect of the poor start but recent success of the offense?

I’m sure the thought has crossed your minds, but you probably didn’t take it too seriously. After all, it makes total sense that the team would take a couple of games to warm up.

And maybe that is partially true as well. But I dare anyone to tell me our offense would be doing just as well without him.
Take a look at some stats:

Week 1: Total net yardage—302 Not bad really, but we never really were able to get a scoring drive going aside from two field goals. Not very impressive, and no one will deny our only TD was a stroke of luck.

That week, Marshall had 4 catches for 27 yards, and Royal had 2 catches for 18 yards. OK, maybe Cincinnati had a good defense, and it was the first game of the season. We won, that’s all that matters…but the combined 6 catches for our two elite receivers was a little trouble. Our offense really sucked though, and our defense saved our ass.

Week 2: We played the Browns, a miserable, miserable team. Our Total Net Yardage? 449, very good. But our offense wasn’t exactly impressive. Our nicest drive of the day? 13 plays, 76 yards…but we had to settle for a field goal. There were a few touchdown drives, but our offense certainly could have played better, especially considering the opponent.

Marshall’s stats that week? 3 catches 34 yards, 1 rush 14 yards. Royals: 3 catches for 20 yards. Again, seriously? 6 combined catches for 54 yards in a game that Orton threw for over 260? How does that happen?

Week 3: Again, VERY bad opponent, our rushing game was on fire, so Orton’s lack of yardage is excusable in the blowout. 372 total yards, but only 157 passing. Orton only had 13 receptions, but look who got into the mix…Marshall had 5 catches for 67 yards and his first TD of the season, while Royal had only 1 catch for four yards. This is really the first we saw of Marshall playing well this season, and it gave us some hope. Our offense was very complete.

Week 4: 337 yards of offense, Orton looked fantastic, and look who won us the game? Brandon Marshall. This is the first time you can make a clear case for a game we would’ve lost without him. Marshall had the game winning TD to go along with his 4 receptions for 91 yards. Still Royal only had 2 receptions, and our two elite receivers had only 6 catches. This is a game where our offense could have been a LOT more productive. Granted, penalties killed us, but we had many, many opportunities to score and we just couldn’t pull it off.

Week 5: This past week is the one which really makes my point. Orton had a career game, we beat a great team, and our offense played very well, even though we were missing our top RB (statistically) in Buckhalter.
424 yards of offense. Orton had 330 passing yards, 2 TDs, and his first INT of the season (which came on a garbage hail mary to end the half). 330 yards! Who would have thought he’d have one 300 yard game all season! Marshall had 8 catches for 64 yards and TWO TDs, quite important towards our victory.

However, here is what most people missed in our game against the Patriots. Eddie Royal was our leading receiver in the game, catching 10 passes for 90 yards. He hadn’t had more than 3 in any game prior, but here was our offense, clicking on all cylinders as Orton found 6 different targets, all multiple times.

Was it a fluke performance by Royal? I think not, and I think his rookie year will support that. He is nowhere near good enough at this stage in his career to be the focus of an offense. While Marshall struggled, Royal was getting more attention and he simply could not handle it.

Marshall’s performance opened up Royal’s game, which in turn gives Orton TWO great receivers to throw to that weren’t really available to him the first 2-3 games of the season.

In 2008, we were 4-1 in games where Marshall had at least one TD. In 2007, we were 4-2. This year, we’re 3-0.

During his career, we’re 16-8 when he has at least 5 receptions…and most of those losses are VERY close games.

Without Marshall, we’re 3-2 right now, and we’re a feel-good decent team. Our offense would have some potential, but we’d be no threat to anyone competitive.

With him, we’re 5-0 and our offense has the potential to keep getting better and better each week. We’re a legitimate threat right now, and it is not because of our defense, as most will say. It’s because of Marshall. The defense has been amazing so far…but let’s face it, we easily could have lost week 1 despite the effort out of our D. We certainly would have lost the past 2 weeks, despite great efforts.

He’s that important, we really don’t have a choice. You may be able to draft impact WRs, but it’s not exactly easy, and few will have the impact that Marshall could have on this team. We’ll certainly lose a few, a handful of games maybe this season, but with a healthy team and Brandon Marshall focused, I trust McDaniels going against anyone at this point.

So you may love him, you may hate him, but upon further review, we’ve GOT to resign him.

DenBronx
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
no more thinking.

the guy deserves a raise.

pay him now please bowlen.

Italianmobstr7
10-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I think almost everyone here can attest to saying that they KNOW that I have had the same opinion the entire time. Extend Brandon and keep him a Bronco for a VERY long time.

honz
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
a. Despite Brandon's offseason drama and personal problems he has never gone the TO route by complaining about not getting the ball enough, ripping coaches and players, and causing dissension in the locker room. And yes, I believe that he has learned that moping and throwing hissy fits isn't the best way to go about getting paid.

b. He only wanted out of Denver because he wanted to get paid and Bowlen and company were unwilling to do that THIS offseason.

c. We pay the man. Talents like Brandon don't fall into you lap on a regular basis and he can be an unstoppable force on the field.

Crush05
10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
How about we wait and see what happens when the time comes around in the off season. Now is the time to worry about winning this year. After the season we can have the say I told you so's for either side of the story. The fact is right now he is a Denver Bronco and the fact is we are winnig what else does anyone want? :confused:

Tned
10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I said it in the offseason when people said "we have Royal, Gaffney and Stokely, we don't need Marshall". That's nonsense. While some refused to listen, I tried to explain that Marshall MAKES Royal a good receiver, Marshall makes the slot or 3rd WR a good receiver.

Marshall as the physical skills that only a handful of WR in the league have (maybe 5, or 10 tops). When he is on the field and a major part of the offense, teams have to game plan to stop Marshall, which means double or even triple teams (not true three man coverage, but the way they give underneath and/or deep help, it often amounts to triple coverage).

Some people even argued that Royal was a BETTER receiver than Marshall, and all I can say is those were people that clearly didn't WATCH the Broncos games last year, and possibly just relied on stats and emotions to come to that conclusion.

If we let Marshall go, we could spend 5, 10 or even 15 years looking for a receiver that dominant again. Let's face it, with no disrespect to Rod Smih who I loved to watch play, the Broncos haven't had a receiver even close to Marshall's talent in the 25 years tha Bowlen has owned the team.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Brandon Marshall is probably the most physically gifted receiver that I have seen since I started watching in 1977. Denver needs to re-sign him because clearly makes the receiving corp better.

nevcraw
10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Marshall isn't even close to player yet he could be. How dominant could he be with his head only focused on being the best?? I'd say pretty dominant.. Looking forward to his future.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71320

"Steve Wyche
Broncos’ Bowlen heaps praise on Marshall, McDaniels

Posted: October 13th, 2009 | Steve Wyche |

BOSTON — Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Josh McDaniels is maturing into the head coach he expected him to be and that WR Brandon Marshall is playing himself into a “significant raise.”
“Brandon understands that he’s got a year left on his present deal, but if he keeps playing the way he is, he’s going to get a very significant raise — a much better contract,” Bowlen said Tuesday at the NFL Fall League Meeting. “That’s the way it goes, and Brandon has accepted that.”
Marshall, who asked to be traded and later was suspended because of insubordinate behavior at a preseason practice, has played well the past two weeks for the 5-0 Broncos. At least publicly, Marshall has shown a more amicable attitude toward McDaniels after a contentious offseason.
As for McDaniels and his team’s hot start, Bowlen said, “Things couldn’t be any better.”
Bowlen went on: “We took some early criticism hiring a young coach — he was 32 years old at the time — and were questioned about what he was going to be able to do. He’s been terrific. It’s been extremely important as we got into the process of him being a head coach, that the way he’s handled particular situations was well beyond his years. He’s proven he is ready.”
Bowlen singled out the way McDaniels singularly absorbed the criticism for trading Pro Bowl QB Jay Cutler to the Bears in exchange for Kyle Orton and draft picks, although it was an organizational decision."

The above thread was posted on BF earlier today. I believe Pat Bowlen will do right with Brandon, if Brandon does right for the Broncos, and I truly believe that Brandon has turned around his "off field life". Rod is helping Brandon, and I believe all is now well with Brandon. And I DEFINITELY want Brandon to remain a Bronco.

Shazam!
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Winning cures all woes, bottom line!

If management is happy, the coaches are happy, the players are happy = Marshall

I want him in Denver, but not at the sacrifice of immature nonsense.

Hope he stays out of trouble. Seems like McD has a grip.

oobehr
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
oh yeah, he should get paid like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. He plays as good as them with a supposedly weaker qb, and he just breaks defenses open. 1 guy can't cover him 1 on 1. 2 guys cover him then you can't blitz and you leave another guy open. It is just obvious that marshall IS our passing offense. Orton would not have looked quite as good these past 2 weeks without him. lock him down for the next decade along with clady, moreno, harris, royal, and scheff, we could have an outstanding young offensive shell and we can mix and match anyone we want and keep it going strong.

I was one who said trade him a while ago because he is a bum, but I am so glad to be wrong now. He is on the same page as coach, same page as orton, and same page as bowlen, meaning happy faces for the next decade.

gobroncsnv
10-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, I for one didn't, and still don't want him around, the way he WAS... But the way he has turned it around, he is valuable and we should keep him. As long as he knows that he has the team's support, the coaches' support, and now it's obvious, the Owner's support, he's keeping his head on straight, he's extremely valuable. I'm ready to see him get a good faith "bonus" of some sort, but I don't know if that can be done. We absolutely are better with the guy. He's the kind of receiver who can make Orton better.

weazel
10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I will concur with Bowlen. Marshall is working towards a big pay raise. If he keeps it up he will get paid. There is no mystery here...

LordTrychon
10-14-2009, 12:23 AM
I said a while back that Royal would suffer unless Brandon was out there... I guess I should have said 'until Brandon gets comfortable'... because he takes a bit longer to pick it up than Royal, I think.

My point stands though... as does my saying that during the season, we will see Brandon as we always have. Brandon has ALWAYS been a good teammate up until he was pissed about negotiations that were already underway were dropped for giving him a due pay raise.

Now, this last offseason, he had one 'incident' where the charges were dropped immediately.

The offseason before... he had one 'incident' where really what it amounted to was an unfortunate occasion where he could have ended his career, putting his hand through a TV. A mistake... but punching an entertainment center is not the same as punching a woman. He played through his issues and resulting numbness and still got over 100 catches with 15 games. Wow.

Now, as I've also said before, we're in the situation of signing him at the start of this offseason, or letting him go (although this may change with issues with the stupid labor agreements)... so I can pretty much guarantee good behavior during the season... but we have to re-sign him before the offseason is really underway and his offseason tendencies come into play.

I'm willing to take the risk, personally... as I don't think he's the monster some make him out to be (and the court system agrees). Part of the reason why is that if he does end up in a situation where he ends up with serious suspension, we can go after bonus money... and if he doesn't play he doesn't get salary... so what do we lose... pride? I'll take that chance over losing a once-or-twice-a-generation talent over 'questions'.

Outside of a contract dispute, Brandon Marshall has been nothing outside of a GREAT teammate for us. Hard practice, hard play... great results... even greater potential. It's worth a little risk, in my mind. I know not everyone will agree with me... but I know more agree with me now than did five weeks ago.

Dman444
10-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm all for resigning him, but there has to be stipulations in the contract. It's just too risky of a deal right now to have no incentives in there in reference to his off the field behavior.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 12:28 AM
At this point I'm glad he's a Bronco and I hope he stays a Bronco.

I was saying earlier if he don't want to be here let him go. He has changed and is playing great right now and we need him. As long as he is playing for the team and wants to be here then keep him.

LordTrychon
10-14-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm all for resigning him, but there has to be stipulations in the contract. It's just too risky of a deal right now to have no incentives in there in reference to his off the field behavior.

As I said before, (possibly as you wrote this) if he doesn't play, he doesn't get his salary. If he messes up bad, we can also go after signing bonus $.

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 01:48 AM
yes he does make the team better WHEN his head is in the game..

what he has not proven is can he have his head in the game and what happens when he is not playing or practicing.. for that matter when he practices..

I do not think we need to pay him the coin that he feels he needs..

I do not think we can afford him..

I do not think he is irreplaceable like some folks think..

But then I felt the same way about mike and jay.. and I think everyone can say it looks like we are not going miss them all that much..

there are more things devastating to a team than losing BM.. the world will not stop rotating on its AXIS..

If he gets pissy again and want the moon then let him got as a RFA and get the #1 and #3 draft choices and all.. I will not bankrupt the salary cap on just a few Players..

Tned
10-14-2009, 03:44 AM

what he has not proven is can he have his head in the game and what happens when he is not playing or practicing.. for that matter when he practices..

But then I felt the same way about mike and jay.. and I think everyone can say it looks like we are not going miss them all that much..

there are more things devastating to a team than losing BM.. the world will not stop rotating on its AXIS..

If he gets pissy again and want the moon then let him got as a RFA and get the #1 and #3 draft choices and all.. I will not bankrupt the salary cap on just a few Players..

Did I miss it? :confused: Was this thread about Mike and Jay? :confused:

OldschoolFreak
10-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Another question-

I'm just going to assume here the Broncos are going to make an effort to resign him, which they should. Now strategically, he's chompin at the bit so hard that I wonder if the Broncos could get a better deal from the team's standpoint (cheaper) if we resign him now rather than waiting to the offseason. Don't you kind of get the sense he's got that show me the money now impatience that could bring down the contract amount in the interest of signing fast?

I know this sounds like I'm advocating taking advantage of him--I'm not. I just think it's in the best interest of the rest of the team to get the most favorable contract possible so we can leave more money to resign the "young core" mentioned above. I don't like the AZ situation where they absolutely blew their load on Fitz and now claim they can't afford Boldin-they will lose him because of it.

GEM
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM

Can Mike and Jay not be brought up at all? :confused:

Jr didn't go into the Mike and Jay issue, he just said he had the same feeling on them.

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM

No it was not until you questioned it.

I was using them as a comparison. How many folks last year said that we would never be able to replace the mastermind?

How many on here thiught jay was irreplaceable. And when he was traded it was the end of the world. Some folks were so devastated they gave up their season tickets in protest.

We all know now the the world did not rotate around either of them.

The broncos can survive without them and while the TEAM might not be quite as strong without Marshall I'm betting that the earth will not stop if marshall is not a bronco next year and in the future.

I swear the total man crush that so many have for certain players is beyond my comprehension.

This is a TEAM sport and while this team MOST likely would not have been as good as it was without John E we would have still been MY TEAM as it was before John Mike TD joined the team.

A WR does not have the IMPACT on the TEAM than does a Quality QB or RB.

Now would I like to keep him absolutey but I could also live with a #1 and #3 from so desparate team also.

Unless this KID shows more than he can be a WR on the field, will sign a contract with lots of provisions in it to cover the TEAM in case he does another FUBAR or three, I can say pass real fast.

The TEAM can live and win without him as they seem to be without John, jay, TD, tater, Q, Rod, Eddie Mac, Dan Reeves and mike.

It may be harder but bankrupting the Cap on just a few players sholud not happen IMHO.

We need another BIGGER quality NT while fields appears to be playing lights out can he sustain it all season.

We also need to be able to wrap up Clady long term. He means more to this team than BM IMHO.

For all of those Franchise QB fans we are alos going to need coin to sign one of those. Since in their minds, Orton will never be one.

Maybe Jay will come back for Y'all.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

Tned
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Can Mike and Jay not be brought up at all? :confused:

Jr didn't go into the Mike and Jay issue, he just said he had the same feeling on them.

Yes, in theory, it should be fine to bring up Jay and Mike, but right now the board has a double standard. For most members, if you are bashing them like Jr, it is perfectly fine, but if you say anything complimentary of Jay or Mike, or don't subscribe to the revisionist history that says the last 10 years AND even the SB years were crap, then you are told to go post on a ******* Bears forum.

I don't subscribe to the "it's ok and encouraged to bash them and revise history to state the entire 14 year history of Mike Shanahan's Broncos were shit, but then if you post anyting postive about either Jay or Mike, you are attacked, called a troll and told to go post on a Bears forum.

This thread wasn't about Jay or Mike, so until people start act civil and discuss the past based on reality, rather than emotional hysteria, I will raise the off topic flag. Just my opinion on the one sided nature of what is 'acceptable' regarding Jay and Mikey posts.

Tned
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
For all of those Franchise QB fans we are alos going to need coin to sign one of those. Since in their minds, Orton will never be one.

Maybe Jay will come back for Y'all.

Sent via Blackberry by altell.

Thanks for proving my point that the ONLY reason you brought up Jay and Mike was to slam them once again, as you have so,so, so, so, so many times.

Fact check. How many people have called for Jay to come back? Please reference posts where people have said this.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes, in theory, it should be fine to bring up Jay and Mike, but right now the board has a double standard. For most members, if you are bashing them like Jr, it is perfectly fine, but if you say anything complimentary of Jay or Mike, or don't subscribe to the revisionist history that says the last 10 years AND even the SB years were crap, then you are told to go post on a ******* Bears forum.

I don't subscribe to the "it's ok and encouraged to bash them and revise history to state the entire 14 year history of Mike Shanahan's Broncos were shit, but then if you post anyting postive about either Jay or Mike, you are attacked, called a troll and told to go post on a Bears forum.

This thread wasn't about Jay or Mike, so until people start act civil and discuss the past based on reality, rather than emotional hysteria, I will raise the off topic flag. Just my opinion on the one sided nature of what is 'acceptable' regarding Jay and Mikey posts.

So you're saying no one can bring up Jay or Mike in any thread that is not specifically about that?

Tned
10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
So you're saying no one can bring up Jay or Mike in any thread that is not specifically about that?

No, I'm not saying that, as we don't have any rule against it.

Instead, I am voicing my opinion. That opinion is that people that say anything positive about Mike or Jay shouldn't be attacked and called a troll and told to go post on a Bears forum, while those that have bashed them for months or years are encouraged to keep doing so.

IMO, we should either all agree to not discuss them, or allow BOTH sides of the discussion to voice the opinion, not just those on the 'lynch mob' side.

Day1BroncoFan
10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
No, I'm not saying that, as we don't have any rule against it.

Instead, I am voicing my opinion. That opinion is that people that say anything positive about Mike or Jay shouldn't be attacked and called a troll and told to go post on a Bears forum, while those that have bashed them for months or years are encouraged to keep doing so.

IMO, we should either all agree to not discuss them, or allow BOTH sides of the discussion to voice the opinion, not just those on the 'lynch mob' side.

I agree with you 100% on this. :tea:

Tned
10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I agree with you 100% on this. :tea:

I'm not speaking as an admin, but as a member of this site.

I take offense to people stating that the SB teams weren't really 'that good' and just got lucky and such. The level of revisionist history that is now being encourage regarding anything regarding Mike Shanahan' era, while at the same time trying to demonize Cutler and Shanahan and attack any poster that says anything even 'slightly' positive, is downright shameful.

EMB6903
10-14-2009, 06:41 PM

WTF?

Brandon Marshall has gone over 50+ yards receiving 30 out of the 36 games hes played as a starting reciever, thats amazingly consistent... Question his off field problems all you want but Brandon Marshall is one of the most prepared players on this team each Sunday... I dont know where you are getting this from but you are wrong.

Northman
10-14-2009, 07:28 PM
After another solid win, I’d like to take a look at a not so unknown player and his not too unknown impact on our team.
We all know about Brandon Marshall’s situation. The trouble and controversy in the preseason, the concern over his playing time the first couple games, and now lately his return to excellence. With the excellence, not surprisingly, comes the wonderful attitude he displayed at times last year, also when we were winning.
This leaves us with a few issues;
a) Should we trust that he actually did learn his lesson by getting suspended?

Yes and no. We've seen him be inconsistent so if we go on a losing streak who knows what to expect.

b) Do we think he ever really wanted out of Denver like he said, or did he just want money?

Maybe both. I can understand his hunger for a raise. But he couldnt understand the franchise waiting which was his biggest hangup.

c) Most importantly, do we give him a big raise and sign him on long term, or do we let him walk after this season? Or do we sign him and then trade him?

If Brandon continues his progression with a better attitude, staying out of trouble, and performing well he will remain a Bronco. Bank it.

The answer? Everyone will have their own opinion, but at this stage of the season, I’d guess most people want us to extend him. However, once (if) he starts acting up again, the attitudes of Broncos Country will surely be changing again.

Hence why i would still wait towards the end of the season.

But I think his point has been made, and we’ll have to tolerate any little inconvenience Marshall brings along from this point forward.

Based on what? McDaniels never gave in to Brandon. Instead, he continued to use his philosphy of a "team" first attitude and i can guarantee you when Brandon saw how the other players were reacting he changed his tune. The problem has never been McDaniels belief in the talent of Cutler or Marshall. It was the issues outside of the playing field that bothered him. If we are talking a hiccup like a speeding ticket, thats one thing. But if we get into more domestic issues i can guarantee you he wont be around.

Our early schedule played perfectly to our advantage. Our team had many new players, a new coach, a new system…lots of new parts. It took a couple games for things to get going, offensively at least. But was it really the players adapting to the new system, or was Marshall the cause and effect of the poor start but recent success of the offense?

Hard to say. In the Bengal game some criticized Marshall for not going after the ball that was eventually tipped to Stokely. As for the last 2 games there is no doubt that Marshall has played an enormous role in our success. But these are things that we already knew coming into this year.

But I dare anyone to tell me our offense would be doing just as well without him.

Unfortuantely, this is where i have issue with statements like this. Maybe there was a member or 2 who thought that Royal would be the only answer at wideout. But for many that wasnt the case. If the question is do i think the Broncos could do without Brandon so as long as we had a calibur player of his magnatude but without the headaches the answer is simply yes. The biggest problem with people who dont want to understand the dilemma with a guy like Brandon is that they think he is the be all, end all to great wide receivers. That notion is silly on a grand scale. Most of people's arguements in the offseason was that Brandon had to clean up his act if he was going to be taken seriously as a professional football player. While some may not care about his off the field or babyish problems you just cant flat out ignore them. The rules that are in place now do not allow for players to act like that without some discipline which can effect any team.

Without Marshall, we’re 3-2 right now, and we’re a feel-good decent team. Our offense would have some potential, but we’d be no threat to anyone competitive.

Maybe, maybe not. Its all speculative at this point. If we rewind to the Dallas game and after Brandon makes his cutback during his TD run and fumbles then what? Do we lose that game because of Brandon? I think you see my point there. While Brandon gives us a great chance every game to do something spectacular there will be times that he doesnt come through. Thats just the game of football and when it happens there will be plenty of people crashing down on him. Look no further than the Pro Bowl when he drop a easy TD from Manning.

We’re a legitimate threat right now, and it is not because of our defense, as most will say. It’s because of Marshall. The defense has been amazing so far…but let’s face it, we easily could have lost week 1 despite the effort out of our D. We certainly would have lost the past 2 weeks, despite great efforts.

Totally incorrect. If that were the case we wouldnt have lost games last year. In order to win games in the 4th quarter you actually have to be in the game at that point. Selling the defense short here is ridiculous.

So you may love him, you may hate him, but upon further review, we’ve GOT to resign him.

For starters, im not worried about resigning him. Why? Ive seen what Bowlen has to say. Ive seen how Brandon has acted with McDaniels the last two weeks. If your a player who is really pissed off at the franchise you wouldnt be hugging your coach or giggling during a press conference. Yea, the man wants to be paid but i think he also understands what is expected of him and how its going to happen. McD and Bowlen wanted to see some changes with him and he made them and BLAMO, here we are with Marshall doing what he does best when he puts his mind to it. Trust me when i say this, Marshall will ge this due as long as he continues to improve both on and off the field. So far, McD and Bowlen have done NOTHING to change my mind of that fact.

Bronco Warrior
10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Funny! Aikmen and for that matter McD says he is the hardest working player he has seen EVER in the case of Aikmen since Irvin. That isn't new. Trust me the false accusations and the ridicule and then the percieved slight directed by the Team over his aquittal didn't work well in his head. He's past that now you can bank on it, and he will get paid SOON!

Lonestar
10-14-2009, 11:42 PM
WTF?

Brandon Marshall has gone over 50+ yards receiving 30 out of the 36 games hes played as a starting reciever, thats amazingly consistent... Question his off field problems all you want but Brandon Marshall is one of the most prepared players on this team each Sunday... I dont know where you are getting this from but you are wrong.

I'm looking at it from a pure we can live with out him if the asking price is to high POV..

if he wants to much of the salary cap then IMHO he should be allowed to walk with the highest tender we can make on him..

I will gladly take a #1 and #3 from some one and save 12 mil a year against our salary cap.. and the potential of losing a lot more if the knuckle head gets into trouble again.. then we not only lose the money but a player that could be on the field for 2-8 weeks..

if he will not sign conduct clause I would not want him.. the risk it way to high..

I'd rather have him but not if the cost is to high, NOBODY is bigger than the TEAM.. I think that has been proven by now..

Bronco Warrior
10-15-2009, 07:54 AM
For the record, if you take out his false accusing lying gold-digging ex GF he hasn't been in any trouble in well over two years. People keep forgeting that .. one of the reaons he was so frustrated.