PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Droughns 2004 highlights.

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/78830924/RD2004.wmv.html

Dude was nice.

SR
12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
The guy was an AVERAGE back that looked better than he was because of the offensive line in front of him, nothing more. That's why he can't cut it as a starter anywhere else.

Italianmobstr7
12-24-2007, 04:14 PM
The guy was an AVERAGE back that looked better than he was because of the offensive line in front of him, nothing more. That's why he can't cut it as a starter anywhere else.

Truer words, have never been spoken.

BroncoWave
12-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Dude was nice.

So from what I gather, if it was up to you we would dump Shanny and re-sign Droughns as our RB. Damn I'm glad you're not our GM.

Retired_Member_001
12-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Dude was nice.

Oh my god...

What on earth would posses you to say those words? Really?

Bronco9798
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Droughns fumbled, bumbled, stumbled, and fumbled again. I remember the Raider game on Monday night in 2004 when we needed a 1st down on 4th and 1 with 8:01 on the clock in the 4th quarter and he couldn't muster a yard. The game was basically over at that point. I can't recall all the fumbles and the dude could never stand up straight and run without bumbling and stumbling. I was so glad when he went to the Browns. Most over-hyped RB in 2004.

sneakers
12-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh my god...

What on earth would posses you to say those words? Really?

mind altering drugs :D

j/k B324. Thanks for the video!

BaiLeY324
12-24-2007, 09:00 PM
So from what I gather, if it was up to you we would dump Shanny and re-sign Droughns as our RB. Damn I'm glad you're not our GM.

Did I say that I want Droughns back? No. But he IS better than anything we have right now.

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Did I say that I want Droughns back? No. But he IS better than anything we have right now.

no he's not.
he wouldnt make a single difference if he was on this team right now.

Medford Bronco
12-24-2007, 11:38 PM
no he's not.
he wouldnt make a single difference if he was on this team right now.

Unless he played offensive and defensive line :laugh:

Cleveland Rocks
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I was so glad when he went to the Browns. Most over-hyped RB in 2004.

He did pretty good with the Browns.

He fough hard for every yard and really punished the defenders he was up against. Shame he did so poorly his second year in Cleveland though.

SR
12-25-2007, 04:35 AM
But he IS better than anything we have right now.

No, he's not. Henry and Selvin Young are both better backs than he is. Andre Hall is potentially better, but we didn't see much of him.

Ruben was average, but appeared to be better than he was because of the system ran in Denver. Ask Olandis Gary, Quentin Griffith (or was it Griffen?), and Tatum Bell how that works.

SR
12-25-2007, 04:37 AM
He did pretty good with the Browns.

He fough hard for every yard and really punished the defenders he was up against. Shame he did so poorly his second year in Cleveland though.

He's a tough cookie and a hard runner, no doubt, but he lacks the speed and skill to git'er done.

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 10:42 AM
No, he's not. Henry and Selvin Young are both better backs than he is. Andre Hall is potentially better, but we didn't see much of him.

Ruben was average, but appeared to be better than he was because of the system ran in Denver. Ask Olandis Gary, Quentin Griffith (or was it Griffen?), and Tatum Bell how that works.

*Griffin...

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 10:42 AM
He's a tough cookie and a hard runner, no doubt, but he lacks the speed and skill to git'er done.

Baha. Lacks speed, then you go and say Henry is better. Hahaha

Bronco9798
12-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Droughns was a fill in for 1 year, period. He was never anything special. He fell down a lot and fumbled. Big deal. Average at best. Can't believe he got his own thread.

Bronco9798
12-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Henry is a joke too. I was hoping the NFL would suspend him just so he wouldn't be playing and taking a roster spot next year.

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Henry is a joke too. I was hoping the NFL would suspend him just so he wouldn't be playing and taking a roster spot next year.

He'll be cut this offseason. And hopefully we go after a real back

BroncoWave
12-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Reuben is better than Travis? Are you kidding me? Please don't make me go pull out their career stats. Reuben is a scrub. If he's so damn good why isn't he starting anywhere right now? Isn't he like the Giants 3rd string RB now?

SR
12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Baha. Lacks speed, then you go and say Henry is better. Hahaha

How many times has Henry rushed for 1k+? How many Pro Bowls has Henry been to? Same questions for Droughns?

This thread is no different than the other thread you were starting **** with me in. You're getting stuck on these outlandish ideas that you think are the right then when they're not. Wise up.

BroncoWave
12-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Reuben Droughns 2007 Stats: 15 games, 276 yds, 3.3 ypc

Travis Henry 2007 Stats: 11 games 691 yds, 4.1 ypc

In 4 fewer games, Henry has nearly 3 times as many yards.

Let's compare him to Selvin Young

Selvin Young 2007 Stats: 14 games, 642 yds, 5.2 ypc

I feel sorry for your knowledge of football if you really think RD is better than any back the Broncos have now.

SR
12-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I feel sorry for your knowledge of football if you really think RD is better than any back the Broncos have now.

Read his fire Shanny thread.

TXBRONC
12-25-2007, 05:58 PM

I don't think so. Henry when healthy is a much better back.

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 06:56 PM
How many times has Henry rushed for 1k+? How many Pro Bowls has Henry been to? Same questions for Droughns?

This thread is no different than the other thread you were starting **** with me in. You're getting stuck on these outlandish ideas that you think are the right then when they're not. Wise up.

I took you to school in that thread so shut your mouth

BaiLeY324
12-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Reuben Droughns 2007 Stats: 15 games, 276 yds, 3.3 ypc

Travis Henry 2007 Stats: 11 games 691 yds, 4.1 ypc

In 4 fewer games, Henry has nearly 3 times as many yards.

Let's compare him to Selvin Young

Selvin Young 2007 Stats: 14 games, 642 yds, 5.2 ypc

Stats have nothing to do with this thread. I made those highlights because I felt like it, not to prove any points. If any of you actually downloaded that clip, you'd realize that a lot of his yards came after the first hit. Sure, he got to the LBs pretty much every play because of the line, but he fought for extra yards constantly and always kept his feet moving. Can't say that about Travis Henry who can't get to the line without tripping half the time.

Never did I say that he was amazing, or that we should resign him. I just said that he was nice and that dude that constantly gets on my **** about stupid **** took shots at me. So I defended myself in saying he's better than anything we have now, and in all actuality, he is.

Oh. And in pretty much 11 games he had 1,250 yards in 04'... Splitting time... In the same amount of games, Henry's got 600.

TXBRONC
12-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Stats have nothing to do with this thread. I made those highlights because I felt like it, not to prove any points. If any of you actually downloaded that clip, you'd realize that a lot of his yards came after the first hit. Sure, he got to the LBs pretty much every play because of the line, but he fought for extra yards constantly and always kept his feet moving. Can't say that about Travis Henry who can't get to the line without tripping half the time.

Never did I say that he was amazing, or that we should resign him. I just said that he was nice and that dude that constantly gets on my **** about stupid **** took shots at me. So I defended myself in saying he's better than anything we have now, and in all actuality, he is.

Oh. And in pretty much 11 games he had 1,250 yards in 04'... Splitting time... In the same amount of games, Henry's got 600.

Stats have everything to do with this thread. Also Droughns didn't start splitting time with Tatum Bell until about the last four games of the 2004 season. The bulk of the season he was the primary running back. So I would fully expect him to gain 1000 yards. By the way the reason Droughns starting splitting time with Bell is because he started having problems holding on to the ball as well as his effectiveness had started to wain.

It disingenuous to say well look what Droughns did in 11 games as compared to Henry. Droughns wasn't a fighting a knee and rib injuries 2004 like Henry is this season. It's silly to say that Henry trips half time when getting to the line of scrimmage. Anyone that has watched the games knows better.

Droughns is actually better than Henry? Hardly if he were he wouldn't have been kicked out of Cleveland and if he were why didn't he become the starting running back in New York? Answer: It's because Droughns has never been anything more than a journeyman running back.

BroncoWave
12-25-2007, 09:20 PM

If he's so damn good, why is he sucking it up in New York?

omac
12-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Droughns is a good workhorse backup to have in your bench; very solid team player who'll do his best to contribute. That said, when healthy, Travis Henry is a beast. Now that's someone who can carry tacklers forward after the initial contact, yet also has enough explosiveness and speed to hit the hole or go outside. Best runningback Denver's had in quite a while before his injuries; too bad he only had about 3 or 4 games to show what he can do when healthy. :sigh:

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 06:53 AM
If he's so damn good, why is he sucking it up in New York?

He's not so damn good. He's just better than what we have. He's average-above average

SR
12-26-2007, 06:58 AM
He's not so damn good. He's just better than what we have. He's average-above average

He IS NOT better than anything we have. You keep getting stuck on these warped ideas and stick to your guns no matter how wrong you are, like a woman.

The fact is, and its an easy fact to figure, Droughns is not better than anything we have. He couldn't cut it in Cleveland OR for the Giants. If he was average or above average he would be able to land a starting job for a crap team like the Texans (prior to this season), the Jets (prior to them bringing in another average back in Jones), etc. Travis Henry is a Pro-Bowl running back who had an off year. You can't compare someone who has rushed as well as he has for mediocre teams to a very mediocre back that had one good season with a good team.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Droughns is a good workhorse backup to have in your bench; very solid team player who'll do his best to contribute. That said, when healthy, Travis Henry is a beast. Now that's someone who can carry tacklers forward after the initial contact, yet also has enough explosiveness and speed to hit the hole or go outside. Best runningback Denver's had in quite a while before his injuries; too bad he only had about 3 or 4 games to show what he can do when healthy. :sigh:

Too bad throughout his whole career he's been known to fumble, be injured, and have run-ins with the law. Oh, and have 9 different kids with 9 different women.

Yup, he's a true winner that I want on my team

SR
12-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Too bad throughout his whole career he's been known to fumble, be injured, and have run-ins with the law. Oh, and have 9 different kids with 9 different women.

Brandon Marshall has had his fair share of off-the-field incidents, but you sure as hell want him on your team. Kind of a double standard.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Brandon Marshall has had his fair share of off-the-field incidents, but you sure as hell want him on your team. Kind of a double standard.

He's young yet and has some learning to do. He also has the potential to be one of the best ever.

Henry, on the other hand, can't learn away from weed, literally. Even if he's not smoking it, he should have never been around it. And as a player, he's never going to get any better than he is right now.

If any of you guys think Henry is our franchise back, then you're wrong. I thought he was good too, and I thought he was going to do big things when we signed him, I marked him as putting better numbers up than Portis. But he hasn't done anything spectacular. A 4.1 YPC average, and 4 TDs. Freakin' amazing man.

Oh and wasn't he supposed to be the one that can pound the rock in the redzone? Why in the world are we 21st in scoring and probably last in redzone scoring then?

SR
12-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I don't think anyone thinks Henry is our franchise back, but I think anyone who really knows their ass from a hole in the ground knows Henry is still better than Droughns, hands down. That is the arguement.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I don't think anyone thinks Henry is our franchise back, but I think anyone who really knows their ass from a hole in the ground knows Henry is still better than Droughns, hands down. That is the arguement.

This thread wasn't meant to be an argument. Therefore you lose

SR
12-26-2007, 07:38 AM
This thread wasn't meant to be an argument. Therefore you lose

Either way, you made in an arguement when you started putting Droughns up on a pedestal. School me youngin. I'm waiting for you to finish proving how Droughns is better than any RB we have now.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Either way, you made in an arguement when you started putting Droughns up on a pedestal. School me youngin. I'm waiting for you to finish proving how Droughns is better than any RB we have now.

I didn't put him on a pedestal. I said he's better than anything we have. And that's not hard because every running back on this roster is average at best

SR
12-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I didn't put him on a pedestal. I said he's better than anything we have. And that's not hard because every running back on this roster is average at best

In your opinion, yes, they are average at best. Factually, Travis Henry is better in almost every way than Ruben Droughns.

omac
12-26-2007, 07:50 AM

LOL, you talk like he did something to you personaly. :D

You think he's a better rb than Henry, that's your opinion, but it isn't shared by most.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 07:51 AM
In your opinion, yes, they are average at best. Factually, Travis Henry is better in almost every way than Ruben Droughns.

Well, he has yet to show it, so I have yet to see it, and I won't believe it until I see it.

And I'm probably never going to see it because he's most likely gone after this season.

SR
12-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Well, he has yet to show it, so I have yet to see it, and I won't believe it until I see it.

And I'm probably never going to see it because he's most likely gone after this season.

Travis Henry had more yards rushing in the first 4 games of the season than Droughns has ALL YEAR. He did play for two teams before Denver ya know, and he rushed for over 1k on both of 'em too.

Oh, and sorry, you're 19. I was close enough.

TXBRONC
12-26-2007, 08:19 AM

You are entitled to your opinion that Droughns. It's the opinion of others with stats to back it up that Droughns is not better than what we currently have.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh, and sorry, you're 19. I was close enough.

And you are... 23... 4 years isn't much dude.

There's a huge maturing curve that hits around age 17. That's what separates 17, 18, and 19 year olds from a 16 year old.

SR
12-26-2007, 08:30 AM
And you are... 23... 4 years isn't much dude.

There's a huge maturing curve that hits around age 17. That's what separates 17, 18, and 19 year olds from a 16 year old.

Thanks for that, Dr Phil. I can now rest easy.

BaiLeY324
12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for that, Dr Phil. I can now rest easy.

Glad to help

BroncoWave
12-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Let's take it a little further.

Travis Henry Career Stats:

2001-BUF: 729 yds, 3.4 ypc
2002-BUF: 1,438 yds, 4.4 ypc
2003-BUF: 1,356 yds, 4.1 ypc
2004-BUF: 326 yds, 3.5 ypc
2005-TEN: 335 yds, 3.8 ypc
2006-TEN: 1,211 yds, 4.5 ypc (on a crappy team with a bad offensive line)
2007-DEN: 691 yds, 4.1 ypc
CAREER: 6,086 yds, 4.1 ypc

Reuben Droughns Career Stats:

2000-DET: 0 yds, 0 ypc
2001-DET: 72 yds, 2.4 ypc
2002-DEN: 11 yds, 2.8 ypc
2003-DEN: 14 yds, 2.3 ypc
2004-DEN: 1,240 yds, 4.5 ypc
2005-CLE: 1,232 yds, 4.0 ypc
2006-CLE: 758 yds, 3.4 ypc
2007-NYG- 276 yds, 3.3 ypc
CAREER: 3,603 yds, 3.9 ypc

RD's BEST season was about as good as Henry's third best season. Henry's WORST season was better than RD's first four seasons combined. His worst season was also better than the season RD is having now, and Henry only played in 10 games that year. Personal issues aside, just based on sheer talent, there is NO debate that Henry was, is, and will always be a better RB than RD. It won't kill you to admit that you're wrong. It will only gain you more respect.

TXBRONC
12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Droughns is a solid reserve player but that's it.

BroncoWave
12-26-2007, 10:53 PM
If he'd just admit that he's never watched Travis Henry play before this season, this conversation would be over.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 07:12 AM
If he'd just admit that he's never watched Travis Henry play before this season, this conversation would be over.

No. I've watched Henry before this season. I loved him, as I mentioned before, this offseason I predicted him to put up better numbers than Portis. And you can go on Broncomania and check that. The thing that only matters is the here and now, and Henry is garbage now. Past his prime, and he's not ever going to get any better.

SR
12-27-2007, 07:13 AM
No. I've watched Henry before this season. I loved him, as I mentioned before, this offseason I predicted him to put up better numbers than Portis. And you can go on Broncomania and check that. The thing that only matters is the here and now, and Henry is garbage now. Past his prime, and he's not ever going to get any better.

Been talking to Miss Cleo again?

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Been talking to Miss Cleo again?

Want to talk to my fist bizznatch?

SR
12-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Is that en e-threat? Or an e-promise? :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:22 AM

He's been injured this season, smarty. Did you even watch our first 3 or 4 games when he was actually healthy? He was leading the league in rushing for a little while. Of course injuries are going to slow him down. You obviously have some vendetta against Henry. I doubt that you really think RD is a better player. And if you do really think that, I'm glad that you are nowhere near the Broncos' personnel decision makers.

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:25 AM

How old are you? 14, 15?

I'd suggest you wait a few years before you're actually mature enough to participate in message board discussion then come back and join us.

SR
12-27-2007, 09:32 AM
How old are you? 14, 15?

I'd suggest you wait a few years before you're actually mature enough to participate in message board discussion then come back and join us.

He's 19 and has already gone through the progressive maturation process that happens between 16-19, or so he says.

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:33 AM
He's 19 and has already gone through the progressive maturation process that happens between 16-19, or so he says.

Hah, I'm strongly doubting that. :laugh:

He's 15, tops.

SR
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM

He's 15, tops.

We'll never know. :laugh:

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Is that en e-threat? Or an e-promise? :rolleyes:

An e-you-can-count-on-it

SR
12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
An e-you-can-count-on-it

Oh yeah? Are you gonna jump on your e-airplane and e-fly all the way to Qatar? Can you even find Qatar on a map without googling it?

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 09:48 AM
How old are you? 14, 15?

Do I really have to wait? I mean. I know that message board discussions really play a HUGE role in someone's life, but still, I can be mature if you really want me to.

LET ME IN LET ME IN

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh yeah? Are you gonna jump on your e-airplane and e-fly all the way to Qatar? Can you even find Qatar on a map without googling it?

When I become President, I'll just bomb it.

Bahahaha sheer genius

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 09:50 AM

He's 15, tops.

Prove it hoebag

SR
12-27-2007, 09:52 AM
When I become President, I'll just bomb it.

Bahahaha sheer genius

Ignorance sure is bliss.

SR
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Prove it hoebag

That's all you've got? Name calling? Weaksauce.:tsk:

BroncoWave
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Prove it hoebag

I don't have to. The immaturity you are showing in this thread is proving it for me.

SR
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't have to. The immaturity you are showing in this thread is proving it for me.

I like to point and laugh. Is that wrong?

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:26 AM

You must be retarded if you think I'm serious. Because the maturity I'm showing is probably of an 11 year old, not a 15 year old. And, do 11 year olds even know how to use a computer?

Actually, I'm lying. I'm 12. And I joined Broncomania when I was 8. You guys caught me

SR
12-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I remember when I was 19.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I like to point and laugh. Is that wrong?

That's freakin' awesome man

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I remember when I was 19.

Couldn't have been that long ago then. Because you can't remember what you ate for breakfast

SR
12-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Couldn't have been that long ago then. Because you can't remember what you ate for breakfast

Actually, I skipped breakfast today because our base commander (a one-star general) decided to have a commander's call.

I was in basic training on my 19th birthday. They put us through the gas chamber on that day. Good things.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually, I skipped breakfast today because our base commander (a one-star general) decided to have a commander's call.

I was in basic training on my 19th birthday. They put us through the gas chamber on that day. Good things.

I take it that you're a convict that joined the military to straighten out?

SR
12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I take it that you're a convict?

Yep, because people in prison have Commanders and also go through BMT (basic MILITARY training). People in prison also deploy to the Middle East.

Actually, the only trouble I've ever seen in my entire life was a speeding ticket.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Yep, because people in prison have Commanders and also go through BMT (basic MILITARY training). People in prison also deploy to the Middle East.

Actually, the only trouble I've ever seen in my entire life was a speeding ticket.

Well that's good

SR
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, so I'm definitely a convict. Oh, I'm definitely bitter and insecure, as you have so called me previously.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, so I'm definitely a convict. Oh, I'm definitely bitter and insecure, as you have so called me previously.

Don't forget about the memory loss too, oh and being an idiot for thinking I'm serious about this also.

SR
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
What memory loss? I take ginkgo. I know you arent serious.

BaiLeY324
12-27-2007, 11:02 AM
What memory loss? I take ginkgo. I know you arent serious.

Word..............