PDA

View Full Version : Rome is Burning: Mixed bag on the Broncos!

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't know who the clown was on Jim rome is Burning just now but he was asked by Jim what he thinks of McDaniels and the Broncos. His response was we haven't played anybody and we got lucky against New England! What a douchebag. If anybody see it and knows the guy can you tell me his name? He says we lose the next three cause we suck and we only get 3 more wins two KC's and Washington!

The other guy and Jim Rom laughed him out of the room almost, and the other guy pointed out that Josh brought the X's and O's part of what Belichick but had been his own man! They suggested that trying to be Belichick and having nobody buy it is what dooms other BB spin offs! Funny the same thing I have been saying the whole time including my article "Closer through Conflict"

Poet
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I saw that episode, BW. They laughed at him and he quickly gave Nolan a lot of love.

The guy's sticking by his guns. I guess where he went wrong is his approach. Note that I disagree with him.

Had he said something like "I know that the Broncos are a hot team, and they are certainly a great story, but I don't know if they are as good as their record indicates. They had a win that I consider to be lucky in Cincinnati, and the win against New England wasn't lucky but it took a lot for their rally to work. Most of the time Tom Brady doesn't make that turnover, and I still consider New England to be the better team. Their schedule is tough and I think they have a big dropoff. Historically San Diego beats them when it counts and Pittsburgh is on the rebound and they are a team that rarely losses games of defensive attrition. Baltimore is another team that is good, regardless of the slump they're currently in. I can't see them putting up a huge win season, and I still think they're going to get a 10-6 record."

Then again, at that point, he sounds boring and dull.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I didn't hear him say all that..he said a turn over and a NE missed field goal is the only reason we won, and that we will lose the next three and be 5-3. We missed a FieldGoal and had a fumble to give them short field...and they still couldn't win so it must be something else right? and I'm talking about the episode that just aired on espn 45 minutes ago. Same one?

Poet
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I didn't hear him say all that..he said a turn over and a NE missed field goal is the only reason we won, and that we will lose the next three and be 5-3. We missed a FieldGoal and had a fumble to give them short field...and they still couldn't win so it must be something else right? and I'm talking about the episode that just aired on espn 45 minutes ago. Same one?

I was just saying that he could have kept his overall opinions the same but phrased it better.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
But what was that clowns name? He's now on my retard list!

Poet
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
But what was that clowns name? He's now on my retard list!

I'm going to look it up for you. Mainly because I am bored. :lol:

Slick
10-13-2009, 04:43 PM
We can't go looking for validation in the national media BW. We will never find it. You, i and many other Bronco fans know this is a solid football team right now. So do the teams we have beaten, even though their fans might not want to admit it. King is the exception.

That's enough for me.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
We can't go looking for validation in the national media BW. We will never find it. You, i and many other Bronco fans know this is a solid football team right now. So do the teams we have beaten, even though their fans might not want to admit it. King is the exception.

That's enough for me.

You got that right. Carol provided some links to a Charger message board and man some of them really think that Chargers are just going blow Denver out of the water and what the Broncos have do so far just a fluke.

Bronco Warrior
10-13-2009, 05:08 PM

That's enough for me.

I don't care about there validation..I just hate Dumbasses putting their stupidity on Front Street. In case you guys haven't noticed I think I know alot about the game and our Broncos, and predicted 10-6 from the hour the scheduale came out..first losable game being the one coming up (Not now we win) I'm too big a know-it-all to be effected, just annoyed by guys like that one on the show! did love him getting laughed down!

Slick
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't care about there validation..I just hate Dumbasses putting their stupidity on Front Street. In case you guys haven't noticed I think I know alot about the game and our Broncos, and predicted 10-6 from the hour the scheduale came out..first losable game being the one coming up (Not now we win) I'm too big a know-it-all to be effected, just annoyed by guys like that one on the show! did love him getting laughed down!

Fair enough.

I enjoy it when we win.

Shazam!
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
His prediction would've meant that the Broncos would lose at Home to the Raiders... yea ok.

Further proof why I don't watch ESPN anymore.

Poet
10-13-2009, 05:45 PM
His prediction would've meant that the Broncos would lose at Home to the Raiders... yea ok.

Further proof why I don't watch ESPN anymore.

Their online writers are good.

I loathe most ex-players analysts. Most of the good ones call games. I think Daryl Johnson and Aikman are pretty good. Steve Young isn't bad and I stand by this statement: Tom Jackson is literally great at his job.

TXBRONC
10-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Their online writers are good.

I loathe most ex-players analysts. Most of the good ones call games. I think Daryl Johnson and Aikman are pretty good. Steve Young isn't bad and I stand by this statement: Tom Jackson is literally great at his job.

You better stand by your statement about Tom Jackson or he's going to kick your ass. :D J/K

Poet
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
You better stand by your statement about Tom Jackson or he's going to kick your ass. :D J/K

Hey, he lives in Cincinnati, we'll go out and eat chili!